Hey guys, long story short, I have no idea what I'm doing and I /need/ to buy a bike

Hey guys, long story short, I have no idea what I'm doing and I /need/ to buy a bike.
This'll be the first one I'll ride and am not sure of what I need to look at.
What are the good/shit manufacturers? Is 250cc too much?
One that isn't TOO expensive, but I don't want a low budget chinese product either.
I live in Euro and pic related is the 'kind' of bike I'd like.
pls help

Other urls found in this thread:

cyrilhuzeblog.com/2015/05/03/purists-dont-scream-here-is-the-first-electric-motorcycle-kicker/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1. Kawasaki/Honda/Suzuki/Yamaha
2. No, 250cc is not too much, especially if if you're riding any style motorcycle other than standard/naked

Start on a ninja 250 or ninja 500. Thank me later

Mage goes in all fields.

theres a /dbt/ thread, you will probably have more answers there.

Anyways, 250 is not too much. Just get any basic Japanese bike, 500cc or under and you will be just fine. Get cheap, get used, and get gear. You will probably drop it once or twice.

He will get memed into oblivion in /dbt/
No one there has a bike.

>getting a bike in yuurope
Sucks to be cucked

But user I have multiple bikes :/

So, general consensus says Jap bike?
I'd prefer a naked over a ninjas tho.
Thanks for the answers friends

Yeah ik, our license system is stupid as fuck.
And roads too, but it's okay, I only intend on riding a bike for a couple years at most.
Unless I fall in love or smth.

But everyone there has bikes, senpai

I have two.

I would go 500 if you can, 250's are still fine but the 500 will handle highways much better if you're worried about that.

Don't worry about looks to much m8, you will probably only ride it a season before you want to upgrade. Then get a bike you actually want.

Bull shit

But you're not in DBT. You're in this thread.

>nobody on Veeky Forums has vehicles
Hmmm

Ok?

Believe what you want desu

I have a shitty old sv650 meme bike, and a new fz09 meme bike.

They may be memes, but they are my memes

>Is 250cc too much?
Is this a some fancy new pasta?

Many people told me that starting with something too big is the best way to kill yourself.
Seeing the state in which euro roads are, and the fact that I have no idea what I'm doing, who knows.
But you can meme it if you want.
Seeing how many people are telling me to start with a 500, I guess 250 is much more safer than I thought it was.

What style of bike are you looking for?

I've known people who started on GSX-R 1300 and zx14 and still alive. Just don't ride like a cunt

Something light to start with, I guess.
I LOVE naked bikes, like some pic related.
Roadsters are nice to look at too, but they seem heavier.
My dad used to have a huge vulcan, shit was heavy as fuck.
And I'm a 5'7 manlet, so, yeah.

Buy an old Ninja 250 and take the fairings off.

Aren't you restricted in what you can ride?

A British motorcycle (with a Harley toolbox) posing as a Nazi motorcycle with a faux kicker kit and an anti-functional exhaust system so nigtastic he used flex pipe.

Not bad looking but the distilled faggotry of execution is remarkable. Silly shit should have imitated a WWII Britbike but Nazigarb suits leatherfaggotry better.

cyrilhuzeblog.com/2015/05/03/purists-dont-scream-here-is-the-first-electric-motorcycle-kicker/

Oh, yeah, I have absolutely NO technical knowledge or anything, I was just saying that those look sexy as fuck.
That's why I came here in the first place, to get pointers as to what to avoid/search for in a first bike.

And I guess a 250 ninja seems like a good idea, seeing the prices and their availability.

Those Triumphs are decent motorcycles when unmolested, but for a first machine go Jap, go common (for plentiful parts and good brand-specific forum support), and plentiful dealers in most of civilization.

You could do a lot worse than a bonneville, but you should buy a cheap cbr500 or klr before you commit to something more expensive.

You might not even like riding.

>first bike
>klr

don't do this unless you are over 6.5"
it's not a beast power wise but it's height alone will intimidate even marginally tall new riders

You have no idea what you're talking about. Those Triumphs are so vastly underutilised that changing pistons, exhaust and getting some headwork done can raise peak power by 40%, raise peak torque and have it come in earlier. Fucking know-nothings.