Tesla cucks on twitter actually defending this

>Tesla cucks on twitter actually defending this

The new Tesla will have no gauges for the driver. Opinions Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VKcAYMb5uk4
youtube.com/watch?v=lARL5a3i6og
youtube.com/watch?v=EtneC9Rfe8w
youtube.com/watch?v=kMkGgcIVcxk
washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2017/03/28/the-house-just-voted-to-wipe-out-the-fccs-landmark-internet-privacy-protections/?tid=pm_business_pop
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It will be interesting to see the end result of this vehicular appliance direction in automotive engineering.

That steering wheel design is so fucking ugly.

Everything about the interior is ugly. Slapping a gigantic screen on the dash and literally nothing else is disgusting.

true

Numbers are hard as fuck to read at a glance in comparison to a needle on a dial.

Everything about Tesla is ugly.

It's funny because it's a cost cutting measure in what's supposed to be the coolest new electric car so of course the cucks will defend it as innovation and the way of the future.

Tesla is just like Apple was a couple years ago. The Apple hivemind has died off a bit with Jobs tho but it looks like Elon is gonna pick up where he left off.

it really is the ultimate in cuckmobile

I don't give a shit. It's a Tesla. It's not like I'd buy one for any other reason than the novelty of it.

using a tablet while driving would net you a ticket for distracted driving
>but it's ok to have a dash that is just a touchpad, complete with ads and media because it's green

thanks Obama

I fucking hate the future of cars

>Tesla
>No gauges
>Listening to Johnny English soundtrack

Literally nothing to see here folks, just your normal cuck

It's a car with automatic updates. I'm not surprised.
I dont get people's fascination with touch screens. They're fucking nasty and look like shit.

wow this is bullshit

>tesla in charge of aesthetics
youtube.com/watch?v=VKcAYMb5uk4

Fuck i hope this touch screen only shit doesnt become more popular

>tfw interior aesthetics will never be roomy, simple and beautiful again due to safety regulations, tech and modern trends

ergonomics in automobiles seems to be dead.

>I dont get people's fascination with touch screens
"WOW, SO CLEAN, SO MINIMALIST SO FUTURE, SUCH SLEEK"

>implying cucks on twitter can have a say in cars.

most of everyone on twitter is a no car bus riding or uber/lyft passenger degenerate. but of course i'm generalizing again.

desu central consoles aren't always bad. This is a big no-no though.
>glossy screen
>offset from the driver
>lcd screen to look at your speed
>everything is controlled from there
imagine the glare and how distracting it will be to use that thing while driving
there are much more elegant solutions if you want to omit the gauge cluster behind the wheel, such as a HUD

I've driven Teslas before and its not like it had gauges in the first place, its just missing one more fuckhuge tablet.

>tablet breaks (and it eventually will)
>cant do ANYTHING

Digital dashes should've been the final stage. easy to read in any light, and within your periphery

>depending on the screen
I get everything is drive by wire but a screen susceptible to glare is a fucking mistake, is there at least a HUD?

What IS this playskool bullshit? I've been behind on my car news.

hadn't thought of it from this point even though I always hated the tablet, now I hate it even more
and it sounds like a sensible point Scotty would make, btw

Nope.

Elon seemed pretty irritated about people asking for one on twitter because they 'won't need it'

This is fine. Now cucks can watch their wives get fucked by other men while checking their speed.

there's a reason digital controls/gauges have always died out whenever manufactures try to push them.

It's not glossy

The only thing by wire is the throttle, just like every other modern car, and the screen isn't susceptible to glare.

lel Elon is a sperg as usual.

He wonders why people get mad when they buy an $100K car and it has a $25K interior. Motor/tech aside people have base expectations.

I know the model 3 is far less but the interior is still cheap and fucking stupidly designed with the "STICK A TABLET" there mentality. It's far worse than anything Audi or mercedes has done just because of size and the lack of a traditional cluster.

>Be sitting at home in living room
>Faintly hear "rev up your engines" from outside
>Don't think anything of it
>Probably just a guy playing with his kid or something
>Start hearing a rumble
>Gets louder
>Definitely a car engine, probably a v8
>keeps getting louder
>Loud as fuck now, literally sounds like he's going 100mph right outside my house
>Hear the loud, unmistakeable screams of the tires as the driver slams on the brakes in front of my house
>Lasts for a good 15 seconds, shatters all the windows on the front side of the house
>Go to see what the fuck it was
>Looking through the shattered window in my foyer
>Its Hillary Clinton driving a fucking big block v8 C3 Corvette with side piping
>Skid marks all the way around the curve on the road leading to my house
>I then hear her bellow "ITS TIME FOR THE SCOTTY KILMER CHANNEL!!!" At quadruple digit decibels
>Shatters the rest of the windows and mirrors in my house, also destroys my eardrums
>Rushed to hospital afterwards

Thank fuck she lost the election.

>gm cucks think having digital dashes in 2004 is worthy of mention
lmao

>post yfw FCA does it again

>It's not glossy
lmfao are you blind? look at the pic in the OP
>He wonders why people get mad when they buy an $100K car and it has a $25K interior.
lol
minimalism has been bastardized by people who overcharge and use it as a excuse for being cheap

it didnt seem to stop tesla from putting on an ipad in the middle of the dash though

i didnt claim GM did it first. but i do like digital dashes in general

kek

get on my level fag

My car has an analog speedo and digital. I never use the needle.

>mr. bean

I loved the digital dash in the 90s Lincoln Town Cars. Parents had one and it was an awesome car. Drove like a boat but comfy as fuck especially the seats.

Better than the prius desu

you are like little baby, watch this

I've always preferred digital speedo and analog tach. That is what my motorcycle has and it seems like a really good combo for info at a quick glance

The only way I'd buy a Tesla would be if Uwe Gemballa was still alive and I could get one modded by him. That guy knew how to use screens in a smart way and would also surely add his own gauges and refurnish the whole thing. The screen behind the wheel gets its video feed from the cameras mounted in place of the mirrors for better aerodynamics.
>when even the old prius has a better and more thought out interior

i mean, center gauges isn't that bad

i just don't get why they dont slap a HUD in there like mazda did, way less plastic and almost no moulding, just gets simple data from the central screen

if they go to production like this i'll be confused

>tfw when i unironically want a tesla because I am an engineer that admires good engineering anywhere and the Tesla is superb from that standpoint
>they do gay shit like have computer monitors in cars

literally no point to it, actually i think it is less-efficient in any regard

wew laddie
I knew some crazy Lancia instrument clusters but that one takes the cake (although it's not digital). Pic related is better than SAAB at being SAAB :^)

youtube.com/watch?v=lARL5a3i6og
youtube.com/watch?v=EtneC9Rfe8w
youtube.com/watch?v=kMkGgcIVcxk

kek'd, thanks user

>Uwe Gemballa
On February 17, 2010, it was reported that Uwe Gemballa had gone missing in Johannesburg, South Africa while on a business trip. In October 2010, Uwe Gemballa was found shot dead in South Africa.[13] It is suspected that his murder was a result of a money laundering operation which turned against him.[14] On October 29, 2010 Thabiso Mpshe, 28, from Pretoria, pleaded guilty to charges related to his involvement in the murder of Uwe Gemballa in Johannesburg. Under the terms of the plea agreement, he was sentenced to 20 years in prison. [15] In 2015, three additional men, Thabo Mogapi, Kagiso Ledwaba and Garlond Holworthy, were also convicted of charges relating to the kidnap and murder of Gemballa. Their sentencing hearing is expected to begin on 30 November 2015.

kek what a gangster

tbqh I'd have done the same if I was him
I want to do dirty business just for the sake of it

>tfw nigger-engineered Kiira EV has a better interior

The Tesla interior looks way better than the Priuses though

it doesn't, kek
and that's quite remarkable, a new low

It's literally becoming an appliance.

but it does

C L A S S Y
L
A
S
S
Y

depends on what Tesla you are talking about.

because if you are referring to the model 3 interior, fucking kys.

>thinking making everything minimalist to the point all you have is a steering wheel and a screen is cool

Yeah you're really fucking dumb.

I agree that this is stupid, and I personally think it is more difficult to look slightly to my right than directly in front of me for ANY guage information (Hate that fucking cooper set up), but I kind of understand why they are doing it this way. Saves weight, less to program, less electrical use, etc.

I would argue that an inovative schmuck company such as Tesla should have put a monitor on the steering wheel that rotates to remain up right with the turning and the center console would be completely void of anything except storage space. Then, they could sell an upgrade accessory that allows the co-pilot to plug in a Tesla approved monitor directly in front of them that can stow safely and cleanly away into one of the storage bins, in the event you have people like me and my girlfriend who likes to do all the radio, stalactite, air controls, etc and I focus on shifting, corner speeds, and apex's.

>stalactite
Sorry, that is supposed to be satellite.

Leather barebones > plastic opbesity

PS, it's not that the Tesla is cool or good, it's that the prius is really bad, and objectively worse looking in every way

>I fucking hate the future of cars
All the data that the company wants gets sent back to the database. That's the other problem about all these modern internet type cars. Even if they don't give you internet wifi (some do such as onstar), the cars themselves use cellular to send the data to a database.

The usa House of Representatives just voted to repeal a major key internet privacy law. So companies have a lot more access to data that was formerly protected. Now the ISP can collect and sell your internet browsing history. It doesn't matter if you use https because the address in the header of internet data packets still needs to be correct and visible for the routers.

It won't be long before your car tells your insurance company when and where you were speeding, doing excessive G-force hooning, or driving on unsafe roads. That data will probably be in the next privacy law reversal.

washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2017/03/28/the-house-just-voted-to-wipe-out-the-fccs-landmark-internet-privacy-protections/?tid=pm_business_pop

Since the Senate is in favor of removing various restrictions, it looks likely there will be a comprehensive bill developed for the privacy law change.

You're not wrong there, I agree. The gulf in price difference between the two is where you loose me in the argument desu.

>mfw my 1998 VW Golf mk3 shitbox has a more comfortable looking and useful interior than a """""""""luxury"""""""""" car

>personally think it is more difficult to look slightly to my right than directly in front of me for ANY guage information
Hopefully you would be looking at the road. So glancing at your gauges would be a look down.

Glances down and side to side are very quick. Diagonal glances take twice as long for a given distance. Since the gauge is diagonally down from straight ahead the distance is greater than straight down. A gauge check will take at least twice as long.. maybe even three times. Enough time for something to happen, like a child running out in front of.

Musk will be the biggest baby killer of all time, mark my words

why couldn't they just do the whole "hologram" thing like in the Chevy Camaro Z1 or whatever?

Numbers aren't hard to read but they look pretty tacky. I hate my Honda's interior because the speedometer is a big digital display with fatass numbers smack in the middle of the dash to make sure your dumb ass can read it.

made me kek

The Tesla is even worse

>It doesn't matter if you use https because the address in the header of internet data packets still needs to be correct and visible for the routers.
I thought the only visible address for them was the server address (domain). Are you saying they get the whole URL?

well dude, it's basically an A3 without leather

>trickle down luxury is a thing now

Well, its supposed to be the econobox Tesla, so it's not THAT big of a concern.

Actually I love this, it looks and get this ... I don't have to fucking dust out my gauges. It's a good choice. Peoeple need to stop fucking over with this. People who complain this much have some sexual tension that needs to be released.

It's always been a thing.

Damn bro that interior is CLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAn

I was memeing and samefagging (and )
Nor VW nor Audi are luxury btw
VW is just a normal brand and Audi a premium brand (except for the R8, that's luxury)

what exactly are you saying?

>those cassette holders
WANT

much better than having the stupid amerilard tier cupholders btw

God damn that stupid computer moniter in the car is going to really fuck with your eyes at night. Imagine having to look right at a bright light from the dark raod everytime you need to check your speed.

I can't believe people will buy this.

Its literally a screen mounted in the car.

>>mfw my 2000 renault laguna shitbox has a more comfortable looking and useful interior than a """""""""luxury"""""""""" car

>I can't believe people will buy this.
>Its literally a screen mounted in the car.
I have bad news for you user, people have been buying those for a long time already

Found the muskfag
Go back to fapping to hyperloop promo videos faglord

I can't wait to bask in the schadenfreude as these gadget fetishists find out their precious ipad car retains resale value worse than a mercedes.

that car is so fucking disgusting in that picture

>fake news
it just gives responsibility to the FTC

My god that upholstery is terrible.

Jesus christ did anyone ever think that looked good?

I fucking agree man, I really wanted the Model 3 to be successful since autonomous driving and electric cars are the way of the future.
The Model 3 was going to be the affordable family car that just happened to not use gas.

Now people are going to test drive it, see they have to read their speed out of a fucking ANDROID DIALOG BOX, and do a 360 and walk away. It's probably one of the worst interiors imaginable.
You blew it, Tesla.

posting interior

Concept car

>Now the ISP can collect and sell your internet browsing history.
You were naive to think this wasn't ready happening and the fact that google ads are tailored to your search history is proof enough.

>since autonomous driving and electric cars are the way of the future.
bullshit, studies have shown most Americans don't want anything to do with autonomous cars and all these high profile crashes will only reinforce that lack of interest.

You seriously believe that since most Americans aren't interested in autonomous vehicles now, that they won't ever become the standard?
In the early 1900s, most people had no interest in owning a horseless carriage. Expensive, noisy, smelly, etc. In time the technology matured, like self driving cars will, and riding in a horse-drawn buggy was obsolete.

Just at the beginning of the decade, autonomous cars were largely science fiction. Now they're practically around the corner. Nobody's going to force you to give up your self driven car for a long time, but you can't deny the benefits of autonomous vehicles.

Will autonomous vehicles be able to handle the increasingly hazardous road conditions that will become the norm as the US' infrastructure continues to crumble?

>In the early 1900s, most people had no interest in owning a horseless carriage.
I live around people who still use horse carriages on a daily basis.

>can't deny the benefits of autonomous vehicles
Any vehicle that will gladly kill me to save someone else i will never own.
i will off myself before i become a cuck and have to be treated like a baby and carted everywhere by a computer.

so you admit you'll become a cuck?
you're already a cuck in spirit then