Let's take turns and invent one stupid car tecnology

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nA0Jt0q6DcA
youtu.be/h0nlACgOwns
youtu.be/uhYEdD94vH0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

forward ejector seats

Ecoboost

Make sure you put it in your Halo car for maximum automotive shitposting.

Voice command steering

A 90 degree V7 engine.

delete this

airbags in front of the car for pedestrian

rotardary engine

Delete this until someone notices.

bruh

Wait why is this not an actual thing?

This has been done before

Volvo already does this.

how was it?

Ignore this i just realised why.

Inline 9 motor.

an i7 or v14 motor, i bet it would sound wicked

drooping hood and windshield
like in a Concorde

Cars with two drive shafts going to the rear wheels

Don't know much about it but after it was attempted for one year of racing, it never reappeared

I guess you can have the differential at the front? And that's good?

Heavy and extremely unreliable but goddamn, did it make a sound:
youtube.com/watch?v=nA0Jt0q6DcA

Taking the power plant and installing it behind the rear axle

Ford Exploder. Explodes if ou even look at it too hard. Explodes at least twice per week. Explodes.while being fixed ust so it keeps exploding.

ridiculous
enjoy only selling 2 of them and having both of them wrap themselves around a tree and shutting down after a year

Double-rotor wankel.

>tfw your explorer engine explodes and you have to say goodbye

what about a third one in the middle rotating the other two

Brakes that are basically hardened wheel covers that hydraulicly push down onto the tire.

Like they sit on top of the wheel well and just stop the tire from outside friction. Think of the sprung weight savings!

Lotus? Being unreliable? Never would have guessed.

NUCLEAR ROTARY

Rolls Royce already did that, and it was diesel.

still waiting for the Direct Exhaust Injection mspaint

can you imagine how far the kids you hit would fly?

rear engine, front wheel drive: capable of "reverse drifting" (i.e the tail slides out with the front wheels maintaining full grip, but ALSO being able to drift while in reverse gear)

You realize this is exactly how open diff awd works right?

RF layout.

You're about 50 years too late.

How would that work for a gasoline rotary, though?

is that how they made IRS without making CV shafts and shit like that?

looks hella neat.

But fwd has already been invented.

a rear hatch that opens downward into a ramp so you board your car from behind like a spaceship

Chain drive from a Honda S600. I guess it's better than a SRA, but it seems like a lot of complexity for little return.

with intercoolers

Only three of them were ever made.

This body shape.

>does not create drag like a hatchback
>does not create lift on rear wheels like a fastback or notchback
>actually creates downforce on the front and rear wheels without using a wing.
>allows for a taller rear window to make it easier to see out of than other high-performance cars

oval pistons

I got to see one up close at the Auto Museum in Reno when I went there for a con last May

It was basically torn down in the workshop because the wood frame was rotten

let's combine our ideas

It probably wouldn't, the compression ratio would be so apeshit high for a gas motor that you probably couldn't even get it to run right on race gas. The big rotor in the rolls design is solely for generating compression to make the compression ignition work. You'd have to size down the big rotor a lot, and at that point you might as well just have one rotor because it's just needless complication for no benefit, and you'd have to replace twice as many apex seals just as often.

Weren't the chain drive systems directly off of one of Honda's motorcycles at the time? I thought that was just a byproduct of Honda being a motorcycle manufacturer venturing into one of their first cars at the time. The S800 did get a solid axle a few years later, in basically the same car.

Classic Exploder user. Though it seems it only exploded once. Get your money back, not nearly enough explosions.

Rear engine, front wheel drive

A car with a central inflation system that will increase pressure in the two rear tires for improved drifting, then releases the excess for normal driving.

Lotus just builds chassis, dude. BRM made the engine.
They made a 1.5L V16 in the '50s that was also unreliable and universally hated.

Rotary dial shift manual transmission with a CVT reverse gear and overdrive

Wouldn't this pretty much be an H pattern engine?

Someone post the Hakuna 8, I seem to have misplaced the image.

Meant to post this pic.

An H engine would be to parallel inline engines with a built-in differential, or whatever the term would be when it works in the opposite direction, before the transmission.

I hate 1/4 cutaways. They look like a fucking nightmare

Front brake font wheel drive motorbike.
That looks terrible most of the time, just look at 8th gen civic coupes.

Cab forward design was a mistake.

Or like when the windshield is over part of the engine.

Makes sense, diesel would be self lubricating

why do people get so worked up over this?

motorcycles have had it for half a century

Electro magnetic piston aids. Basically engine head has coils around the magnetic pistons while combustion is done like a regular gas engine. Cell next to engine head because fuck you.

driver seat located in the second row of the car. For police officers so they can keep an eye on criminals while driving them to jail.

Sounds pretty garbage to me

>pic related

those don't squeeze on the tire or straight down on the tire

But turning a rim into a disc brake does sound pretty stupid

Gravity Assisted Compression.

The engine is upside down so the air fuel mixture can settle in the combustion chamber before the piston comes up (or down in this case) to compress it. It also allows gases to begin exiting the cylinder before the piston pushes them out.

Huh I think you're on to something user.

youtu.be/h0nlACgOwns
Its interesting but there are a fucking ton of underlying problems.

Rear engine rear wheel drive truck with a flat 10 or flat 12 in the bed.

Kek

Actually maybe it could be used to prevent a car from stalling.

>diagonal wheel drive

Don't we already have this in the form of AWD differentials?

A mid-engine, transverse-mounted quad-rotor rotary so there is no need for a torque damper because said torque pushes the car forwards.

FR layout with a transverse engine.

This is sweet.

Its shit pretty much all the time.

Because in motorcycles it's (historically been) just a little electric circuit but in cars it's software and car manufacturers cannot write software.

ladies and gentlemen, four-engine wheel drive

Nah dude, you can fuck off.

this'd be possible with electric engines, right?
wonder what the power consumption would be for 4 small engines rather than one big central one
interesting thought desu

Isn't that how tesla kinda works.

Y tho. It would be horribly inefficient to use solenoids to drive a crankshaft. A far more efficient use of energy is the induction motor

Like i said its multiple underlying problems as well as inefficient. Yet i can still see some one trying it.

youtu.be/uhYEdD94vH0
I wana see gas involved just to see how goofy it can get.

turbo mounted alternator

pretty much this though I think they use 3 motors
the electric engines can also be used to recover some power during deceleration / breaking

some sort of technology that carries illegal immigrants and pairs a pedal powered electric generator to a back of a 2016 tesla model s. hopefully trump passes a law that alows environmentaly friendly alternatives for fossil fuels

This is called AWD with all the power sent to the rear wheels.

No.

Not Subaru AWD since their engines are longitudinally mounted.

If your AWD torque distribution was controlled electronically via clutch packs for each wheel, you could technically set it up to be diagonal wheel drive. Not too far off from how older Subaru autotragics were, you could pull a fuse and it would disengage the clutch pack in the center diff, making it FWD.

STANDING