/twg/ - Total War General

Previous thread: Imperishable edition

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB
To update: Never pick anything other than Morghur as Beastmen.
Necromancer heroes are top pick right now while raise dead is still broken as fuck.

>Empty Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>ACTUAL Total War News
If you've been living under a rock these past few months, Shortbrindal is free now.

We have battle map creating tools now. Only land battles and only for custom/custom mp games. Siege battles may be a possibility in the future but they're practically covering their ears and screeching at any mention of using modded maps to improve the campaign.
UPDATE: PEOPLE FIGURED OUT HOW TO DO IT ANYWAY AND OUT OF DAMAGE CONTROL CA WILL BE ADDING OFFICIAL SUPPORT FOR ADDING CUSTOM MAPS TO THE CAMPAIGN ALONGSIDE THE BRETONNIA UPDATE

BRETONNIA IS 28TH OF FEBUARY:
youtube.com/watch?v=60WQUG3XW3M&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=qlxrhB4DvEE

Warhammer is $12: humblebundle.com/monthly

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
>Recent
Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
>Recent
DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rLrxCoq209Q
youtube.com/watch?v=SdsKz_0JcQk
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=694937863
mediafire.com/file/fd3rutkbk42a5by/1_empire_buildings_units.pack
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=834440120&searchtext=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

WHERE MY NIGGA MALLOBAUDE?!

Is there ever a reason to take Chaos Warriors (Great Weapons) over (Halberds)?

Even in Steel Faith Great Weapons' other combat advantages don't seem that much greater.

2nd for Sextus Turdus

Reminder that Radious is a bad man, and you should feel bad for using his mods.

His name is six times better than the turd of a mod you're using

Halberds have slow attack animations, less charge and are worse at killing armored infantry.

Reminder that Sigmar is the Rome/USA/Britain of Warhammer and everyone else is a subhuman nigger except other obediant loyal imperial counts that confederate with us, praise the emperor and the heldenhammer.

Is that some slav guy?
Im having trouble to comprehend his writing.

The Empire is literally The "H""R""E", aka. G*rmany.

yeah I'm not digging it yet but I'm a sucker for the AoC/Tanukhid faction name change shit. Plus vanilla gets boring after a while. It said this faction was legendary but it's pretty easy so far.

Will Grail Reliquae count as large units?

wht is this shit english

my fucking eyes are burning

Italians, mang

How to cure Phoenix Guards of mutism:
youtube.com/watch?v=rLrxCoq209Q

why aren't there cute beastmen girls(male)?

I want to be dominated by a best elf!

dogzlf1 year ago
Idk how I got here but that was pretty funny

>Alberic has generic Lord face
>Generic lord armor
>Generic lord voice

Whats even the point? At least give the guy a trident or something. It feels like they added him just to shove 3 UNIQUE LORDS LOOK HOW COOL WE ARE.

>Italians
youtube.com/watch?v=SdsKz_0JcQk
Dang.

>Generic lord armor

He has his sigils or whatever on his armor.

At least his trident power is cool.

You literally never see his face in the actual game and his armor isn't generic.

What does it do?

It's like the pendulum except it's a bit wider and gives -16 Leadership for 10 seconds.

It is, stiop defendifng shitty practices. Just painting a trident on his crest is a workshop-tier recolor. Scratch that, even modders sometimes do better, at least they change their face textures to differentiate their units more.

>It is

It objectively isn't, stop being autistic.

>stiop defendifng shitty practices.

What shitty practices? Giving us more free stuff?

still no mod to remove the light wizards fish hat

>removing hats

the two stooges, but atleast the light wizard has an AOE stun. What's the point of having Balshitsar other than quests and free moneys?

>What shitty practices? Giving us more free stuff?

Like being dishonest and lazy? They literally took a generic lord and painted a little trident on his chest. Wow what a Legendary Lord. He even gets trident from his quest battle, but of course he still uses sword or lance despite of that. And you are speaking as if they are giving us Brettonia from the goodness of their heats. It's a PR move to drove up sales of the Old World edition. And i would be fine with that, but at least do it fucking right.

Solid voice acting and fun. Why take Karl Franz or Volkmar for the thirtieth time?

>Gobbo Archers

>practices
>shitty
>dishonest
>lazy
Are you literally reading straight from the /v/-manual of autistic complaints?

>Like being dishonest and lazy?

Except they weren't either.

They could just have spared themselves the effort of making his quest line and unique ability you know, no one would have batted an eye.

You're looking for shit to complain about.

How do I steal DLC for TW:W

I want to try out chaos but I don't want to fork over 20 gorillion shekels for day one locked content

They're 6 quid and whatever that is in your currency, aint that expensive

If I declare a republic in Fall of the Samurai does the AI keep fighting the civil war or will they just bumrush me immediately? Playing on Legendary if that matters

forkover the shekels

Just look around for the creamapi guide online, it's not that hard to find.
No I won't spoonfeed you.

>How do I steal DLC for TW:W

Can't.

>day one locked content

Technically it was day 8 locked content :^)

Expect to fight everyone all at once, legendary republic is no joke.

No spoonfeeding retards

It's the opposite, there is no point to halberd when great weapons exist, the bonus vs large only makes up in part the lost of attack speed and power while proving much worse against non large.

>first chaos game
>awaken one tribe, vassalise it and go west to the dwarves
>tribe gets obliterated by kislev

memed

3,144 hours played (Not recommended)

Gelt's voice acting is top tier
Only rival is gobbos

>have one of the better DLC systems out there
>shat on while companies like overkill or paradox get shining reviews
This will never not make me mad.

Apparently a lot of them are chinese complaining about not having moon-runes and if you filter for English only reviews the score goes up.

I swear that there's so many good games that get fucked by this while shitty ones get "very positive" for some reason. They should really remove the whole thing.

The original tag system was more accurate than any review ever could be.

it's this.

A lot of ching ching nip ning nongs assblasted that they can't pirate and/or use their gookspeak in the game.

This system actually provided me with data for a paper im working on, so im fine with it

I know its bullshit, but the academical peers won't

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to let chinese votes count?!

Why are non-English reviews including by default? Why would anyone care about the bleeting of sheep?

Wow. Reminds me of Endless Legend - there was a Steam workshop mod that translated the game to Chinese. After a patch broke the mod, the creator linked to a pirated copy of the game in the mod's description. This obviously prompted the devs to remove the mod from the workshop, so the Chinks just negative review bombed the game into oblivion. How fucking petty and entitled are these people?

BUT

They're chinese, who are some of the scummiest shits in the world.

That's a valid complaint but
>mfw all of these reviews say "fuck you sega" and have ascii art
Fuck these guys

Literally who?

Priesthetic

Holy shit this is the first time I realize light mages wear sandals

the fucking contrast

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=694937863

>A side of effect of liking total war is witnessing a realtime cyber war between China and Sega

I guess that's what happens when the pc strategy market gets cornered by the japs.

>yfw Sega has the money to translate the games into chinese, but they explicitly tell their developers not to.

>bretonia
>tiny as fuck part of the map
>3 different start pos
its gonna feel exactly the same anyway, whats the point, I wish they made bretonia map larger with this patch, its kinda pointless otherwise, useless Norsca is giant as fuck

Norsca feels like it's 1/4th of the map, its stupid.

Norsca will be relevant in the second expansion so I guess its valid for it to be gigantic

Chaos Warriors are pretty good.

You're supposed to campaign and crusade as Bretonnia. They can literally research immunity to snow and chaos attrition as well as badlands attrition.

They can go anywhere and fuck anything up easily.

>Alberic has a bonus when attacking from the sea.

A perfect lord for when the New World comes out.

>tfw your empire of men works together to destroy orcs.

Im sure the modders will make him look better

I hope

>orcs are stopped by stout empire infantry.

name of mod for spearmen?

It's funny how the empire in this game despite revolving around an early-renaissance HRE there are no Tercios/pikemen

It's a personal mod that I made.

I will upload it to mediafire if you guys are interested.

interest

So not only does he make meme-tier mods, he's also a complete scumbag?

Color me unsurprised.

Its radious isn't it?

Holy fuck how hard is humans supposed to be in the start?
>Goblins from south east
>Orcs from west
>Beastmen from south
>All going 20/20 stacks against you within 30 turns
No wonder Karl is supposed to be great if he beat all these cunts back at the same time. Can't even afford a thirt army while still making money. Dwarves were much more comfy. What's with the AI hatred of players?

Quick, post chivalry!

You forgot Marienburg

Is there a daughter hating ability?

mediafire.com/file/fd3rutkbk42a5by/1_empire_buildings_units.pack

here you go.

If you are interested in the AOR recruitment, grab it on the workshop.

I'm installing Third Age mod for m2tw now for the first time. Am I in for a treat? Please tell me I am..

Marienburg hasn't started shit with me yet, only every non human/dwarf/elf

No he means you forgot to take it, it's a financial powerhouse and you can get it very early.

In honour of the announcement!

>that formation

WHAT?

Yes

n-no.
Apparently I am just as bad as him though.

It will feel good man

It's a treat, just avoid the Moria map.

That formation is cool in concept, but in-game it'd be useless because charges always completely disrupt the first couple of ranks, even more so if it's a cavalry charge.

Marienburg was at full army - garrision
Don't know how i could take it with the recent addition of Ska gobbos attacking early. They pretty muched torched the east province starter city within 10 turns

>Dan Abnett
POOOOST

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=834440120&searchtext=
forgot the link

>waiting until the entire garrison is dead and you're completely surrounded before sallying forth
top chivalry bro