Can somebody please explain to me what is the purpose of the hose in the red circle?

Can somebody please explain to me what is the purpose of the hose in the red circle?

Other urls found in this thread:

srtforums.com/forums/f169/anybody-remove-pcv-valve-have-vent-atmosphere-231488/index19.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Google PCV

Positive Crankcase Ventilation.
Sometimes too much pressure in the oil place can push gases past rings desu.
So some very smart and rich engineers said "here you go pressurized-gas-chan, you can take this route into the intake" desu.
And thus all was good again the the automotive world.

This was an helpful post. Thank you Onii-chan.

>he hasn't done an intake delete
Seriously, running air straight into the throttle body is so much more efficient. Sounds a lot nicer too

>"here you go pressurized-gas-chan, you can take this route into the intake"
>blasting a hot,high pressure oily aerosol into the intake
>this is somehow a good idea

At least put a catchcan inbetween or something.

The gases from the PCV valve have oily vapor that can carbonize on the hot intake valve. Throttle body fuel injection (not direct injection) is able to clean the valve using the detergents in the gasoline.

Direct injection engines spray the fuel into the cylinder. Because of that, there is no fuel mist hitting the intake valve to clean it of carbon deposits. Thus the deposits build up. That's why car manufacturers developed a hybrid version of direct injection that will put some fuel on the intake valve to clean it. But that's for the future.

Fix the problem in 2 easy steps:
1. Delete PCV and just run a hose that dumps the vapor under your car
2. Enjoy clean valves forever

3. Enjoy getting a multi-thousand dollar fine from the EPA when you get pulled over by a police officer.

I thought it was an emissions things. I see sport bike riders do the same shit. They unplug the hose that connects from the crank case to the airbox and just let it exhaust out the side of the bike

I'll take things that literally never happen for $500 alex

Oh shut your fucking dumbass mouth. Even in commiefornia the worst that would happen there is you get a fix-it ticket. If you got stopped at a roadside emissions check you might get your car towed but it's not like it's something you couldn't fix and pass on the spot.

Even in cuckfornia shit you're talking about just does not happen. Dumbass.

It is in a sense that oems can't just vent that oil to the atmosphere, but people with sports cars or bikes either route that oil to a catch can, or vent it to atmosphere.

>Car now smells like burning oil while engine shakes more with a loss of horsepower.

>>Car now smells like burning oil
maybe your car with its worn out rings and shitty engine

>while engine shakes more with a loss of horsepower.
wow you're stupid. So fucking stupid that you don't realize you should plug the port on the intake when you do a pcv delete.

maximum kek

>removing the PCV hose from the intake
>loss of horsepower

How come none of you normies know what PC lines are?

I basically learned everything I know about cars and motorcycles the hard way. I didn't use YouTube videos, books, manuals, etc... I just bought used pieces of shit and fixed them up through trial and error. This results in me being able to identify many things but not knowing the actual name for it. Just like that crank case hose. I have no idea what the fuck it's called or what it even does. I just know niggers intentionally unplug it in their shitboxes or shitbikes for some reason so I assume it's some meme "emissions mods" that may or may not give an extra 1-2hp

>Never had a car with forced induction.

How fucking retarded are you?

checked and kekd

What if I just disconnected the hose, let it go under the car and every time I have to pass emissions I would just connect it back again?
Because if I got it right it's not a question about power gain but it's about saving the engine from retarder emission gadgets?

You're an x-treme moron.

Deletes R Dumb. I Fixed the previous owners silly mistake. YW worthless car someday you'll be a shining star when I'm done with you.

>Deletes R Dumb.
>YW worthless car someday you'll be a shining star when I'm done with you.
what?

>Delete the PCV return hose to the intake
While this greatly increases the pollution to the environment of exhaust gases, gasoline fumes, and to a small extent oil fumes (and even less if synthetic oil), it does reduce dirty coating of the intake manifold as well as carbon buildup on both the intake valve and the immediate area of the intake manifold.

The downside is that there is the minor possibility of contamination if the PCV valve should ever fail or get partially stuck. This problem normally doesn't occur because the air of the intake manifold has been filtered.

Optimizations For Cars:
a. Cat Delete gives more MPGs
b. PCV Return Delete gives cleaner valves & engine
c. Trump Delete of EPA improves profits

>While this greatly increases the pollution to the environment of exhaust gases
"greatly" no, it is a minor increase in emissions and it is not exhaust it's blowby.

Also I don't give a fuck, it makes no difference, the world is fucked anyway, we won't stop climate change by respecting EPA regs with old cars. Not with the developing world belching emissions like they do.

>gasoline fumes
BS. All 3 of my cars vent crankcase gasses to the atmosphere and none of them smell like gas when they're running. Only one of them came with PCV from the factory, the other two are old.

>and to a small extent oil fumes (and even less if synthetic oil)
You can smell this a bit if you're idling and the wind is right.

He's right you dumbfuckistanian, let me look for the article that shows up to 10 whp loss when the cylinders don't have vacuum under boost scenarios

srtforums.com/forums/f169/anybody-remove-pcv-valve-have-vent-atmosphere-231488/index19.html
Go to the last few pages or read it all

Samefag

wrongfag

You are wrong with your accusation. Like said, you are wrongfag. My post was not a samefag post as you accused.

In my opinion, people who resort to "samefag" attacks are probably the same people on the losing side of an argument. They are immature people grasping at ad hominem attacks.

It's clear lots of people do things to benefit themselves even if the EPA would get mad. But all the annual catalytic converter and PCV deletes are of little consequence in regards to just a fraction of one days output from just one country China. But China insists they have a fairness right to pollute in order to catch up to all the pollution the other countries have done. The same with the ability to own islands since the USA and other countries own islands like Hawaii, then China has a fairness right to take over islands in the South China Sea.

>Fix the problem in 2 easy steps:
>1. Delete PCV and just run a hose that dumps the vapor under your car
>2. Enjoy clean valves forever

Thank you. That solution had not occurred to me. Before having the car serviced, it's easy to remove the hose dumping vapors and reconnect the original back to the intake. Since I already change my own oil, I will inspect the hose again at that time.

One of my car's it's just a gaping hole on the valve cover. I've never had the emissions test failed because of it, I've never had them even look under the hood. They rarely even check the gas cap

That's the breather, not the PCV. PCV goes directly to the manifold. Breather redirects excess crankcase pressure (caused by combustion gas blowby) under higher engine loads. The PCV on the other hand is a fixed orifice providing a regultated amound of crankcase gasses directly to the manifold, bypassing the throttle. This ensure there is always a certain amount of crankcase gas removal, regardless of engine load and blowby conditions.

The reason OEMs route the breather to just after the air filter, is for emissions reasons but the breather system is always undeer atmospheric pressure, unlike the PCV, so you could vent it to the atmo if you dgaf.

>Extra trivia
When the engine is at full throttle, the PCV valve which goes directly to the manifold closes, so all crankcase pressure/blowby gasses during full throttle are vented before the throttle body. This is the OEM setup and it's good for the environment, but it also pumps "low octane" volatile gasses and oil mist back to the combustion chamber during the WOT session, and this can increase the chances of knock dramatically. Bad news for performance situations, that'sone reason why some guys just vent the breather to the atmo to avoid the trouble.

Answer honestly, as I'd like to laugh at you.

What do you think is happening to the PCV valve when the manifold is under pressure?

For extra laughs, how many inches of mercury worth of vacuum do you think is present before the compressor wheel, and just how well do you think this will pull vacuum in the crankcase?