I know I should ask a lawyer but I don't want to have to pay consolation fees or waste the lawyers time...

I know I should ask a lawyer but I don't want to have to pay consolation fees or waste the lawyers time. I doubt anyone on here knows but I figure it can't hurt to ask. All of this happened in Ohio. Anyway heres my story.
>In before I get called a stupid degenerate. I also know I am, so skip it.

Roughly two years ago I was hooning around and crashed my car. Police searched my car and found some weed and paraphernalia. I wasn't high at the time, but they did a drug screen and found weed in system so I got slapped with a DUI. Regardless of my non-guilt I was found guilty anyway and had my license suspended for 3 years. I had other moving violations on my record so it jacked me up to 12 points.

For two years I've been a good boy, but one night a friend of mine asks for a ride because he's drunk and can't afford a cab. No one else can pick his ass up. Like a retard, I set off driving under suspension to pick him up but got pulled over due to a crack in my windshield. They found out I was driving under suspension, towed the car, but let me get a ride home.

Normally, driving under suspension isn't a jail-able offense. However, because I had 12 points on my licence I spent 3 days in jails, the minimum. I also got a couple more points on my licence and 3 months added to my suspension time.

Now, I didn't have insurance when they pulled me over. I just got a letter in the mail saying my licence is suspended for an indefinite amount of time, along with a 3 year FRA suspension. I also had a reinstatement fee which I already paid.

My understanding of the deal was when my court suspension is up in October this year, all I would need is a bond/SR22 to satisfy the FRA suspension and I would be able to drive again.

My dad recently bought a car and went to the DMV. He figured what the hell and asked about my driving privileges. The lady there said "indefinite" means I'm fucked for LIFE, so no more driving, EVER.

to be continued

OP here again.
Let me get this straight, driving under suspension with 12 points gets me suspended 3 more months, but driving without insurance ONCE gets me banned for life? That doesn't make sense to me.

Again, I was under the impression if I pay my fine and reinstatement fees (I already did) and get a bond/SR22 I'd be able to drive when my court suspensions and 12 points gets lessened off my record which would be in October this year.

Which is is Veeky Forums? I've searched but I can't find jack shit. Would having 12 points on my licence and driving without insurance really fuck me that hard? It was my 1st offense for driving under suspension and 1st offense for no insurance.

If it is suspended forever I may as well an hero right now.

Sounds like you need to move to a new state and change your name or some shit.

sounds like you cant run away. I've never heard the term indefinite used before outside of school. like holy shit.

Yeah I don't know. Again, my understanding was "indefinite" meant I was screwed until I paid them money and got a bond/SR22. Then that would change the indefinite part to three years FRA suspension which pretty much means I have to have a bond/SR22.

I'm really sweating it out, I really want to drive. My grandpa even said he'd help me out and buy me a non-shitbox when I could drive again for all the help I've given him over these last couple years. I was looking forward to having a cool, and quick, car.

>smoking weed
>ever
>hanging out with friends who get too drunk to drive
kill yourself. you are indeed a degenerate

Sound like you're fucked.
While it was "first offense for driving under suspension", that means you are already in trouble and got in MORE trouble. Driving without insurance is also a serious offense.

You said you searched and found jack shit; did you also search for the validity of their suspension?

I won't be surprised if that "indefinite" lasts, though. Legal systems very rarely will just let that shit go.

I got the noose primed and ready, just waiting for a real answer to my question.

Not trying to sound superior here as a lot of us have probably driven under suspension, but you made some really dumb decisions and now you're going to have to pay for it.

You'll need to do one of two things.
a) try to get a court date to have them explain your situation (ie don't let your dad do your dirty work and ask about your situation, YOU get off your ass and be proactive) and see what if anything you need to do to get your licence back some day, or
b) get used to riding a bike or taking public transportation. People do it, they get by, it is what it is in your situation.

Or you could just drive w/o licence/reg/insurance again and get sent to jail for a good stretch. Seems like that's more likely in your case.

lol

Hope you don't mind mopeds.

>going to jail for driving without insurance

holy fuck america calm down

Call the DMV and ask them. Dont rely on the word of a counter girl. In VA driving without insurance will not get you banned for life. There is a big fine, and the sr-22 and increased rates but they will let you drive.

You sound kind of shitty at making decisions. You should take a break for a while and let somebody else make decisions for you. See if any of the armed services will have you, if not try the Peace corps or something. Seriously get your shit together.

OP get a lawyer. Pay him to (expunge) your charges.

????

Get a driver's license in 4-6 months after consulting lawyer.

>but one night a friend of mine asks for a ride because he's drunk and can't afford a cab
I hope you beat his ass black and blue, OP.

You don't normally get jail for driving without insurance, it's driving without insurance on a suspended license *multiple times*.

this. DMV workers are tarded. I had to go through a ton of them who told me a class A non-CDL license didn't exist. Well they're fucking wrong and eventually after having to go to another DMV that wasn't staffed with fucktards I got a class A non-CDL license.

>non-guilt
Wrong

>driving while suspended
>driving without insurance
>driving with drugs in your car
really nigga?

They let me do my riding test on a motorcycle before I was even eligible for the license. Bought the bike, did the test, passed, couldnt pick up license for 8 months because they changed the law 5 years ago but didnt bother updating the dmv guidelines.

I was pissed

>Pulled over for a crack in your windshield
Jesus Christ, Ohio sounds like an even worse state than Commiefornia. I had a huge spider web crack in mine for like, 2 weeks till I could get it replaced and was never pulled over once for it, and it was a DD.

>driving without insurance
You should be in jail you poor little shit. It's little faggots like you that hit my nice cars/bikes and make me pull my own policy to fix them and then have to take your poor ass to court for years to get money back. You waste my valuable time.

Normally I would say I hope your life sucks, but it sounds like it's already shit so enjoy.

While the crack gave probable cause for the stop I'm sure it was after the fact. OP is either a known problem or just looks like he's black. Whichever. In any event he's an idiot. Honestly, how do you get stopped on the one and only time driving in a long time? By leaving fucking known drug house which is where I'm sure OP stopped on the way to get his friend.

>Call the DMV and ask them. Dont rely on the word of a counter girl.

This. Talk to someone that actually knows something rather than some shit-tier government gibs slag.

If you have a decent level of agency and perseverance you will probably be able to get your license again. You're a fuckin dummy though.