Next semester starts my fourth and final year of study , my adviser really wants to know what I'll do when I graduate

Next semester starts my fourth and final year of study , my adviser really wants to know what I'll do when I graduate

What can I do with a General Studies major?

Shitpost on Veeky Forums

Literally nothing. How can you get this far without a major anyway?

The only guy I know with a liberal arts/general studies major essentially works at Whole Foods and sells drugs.

wrong board ask
or
and get the fuck outta here

Wait sorry this got put on the wrong board
I just studied all three disciplines equally , I had to get approval from professors from all three to be approved

what the fuck is going on

kys

Isn't general studies degree basically the same shit you learned in high school, plus random electives? What a waste of time. It just tells employers you don't know what to do with yourself.

Get a fucking internship this summer so you'll actually be employable.

Where the hell can I intern?

Just start working. Better than waiting around for the perfect internship.

I dont know how

To do what? Apply for a job?

First why the fuck are you on Veeky Forums with this shit?

Second what the fuck is a general studies major and why haven't you just killed yourself yet?

To apply for an internship
What do I need to do that? I need to make a resume right? How?

>(your location) internships
I'm a design student but I'm likely going to be interning at the local power and water authority this summer

No, I mean you should just generally get a job. Like... anywhere.

How do I make a resume
how do I find a job
what job can I get?

not sure how fast but bump

Are you this socially awkward that you can't walk into a place of business and speak to the manager about employment? Otherwise, just fill out an online application and wait for the phone to ring. Many places you don't even need a resume.

wait what? you definitely need a resume
and the online app shit never works

>you definitely need a resume
Not unless it's some professional white collar shit. I've never needed one.

>the online app shit never works
It's annoying and time-consuming for sure, but there wouldn't be employees if it didn't work. Stop being lazy.

Online apps is all a lot of companys want now, its easier to keep track of everyone that way.

Always always always attach a cover letter though. You would be surprised how many idiots dont bother.

Online shit doesnt work

and shouldn't I be able to get a white collar job? I mean dont you put that you have a degree in a resume so people know?

>doesn't have a specialization
>doesn't know what internship is
>doesn't know how to write a resume
>doesn't know how to apply for a job
You are literally more worthless than a nigger with GED.

What classes in college did you take? Any programming, math, science, or statistics classes?

It would be easier to land a software development gig if you did, but you're not completely screwed if not. Teach yourself how to program now. In a year you'll be good enough for an entry level position. Lurk /g/ programming threads.

For a lot of software development jobs, all they care about is that you got your bachelor's degree.

Also for the love of God please visit your school's career center and get help with resumes and cover letters.

I took equal classes from nat sci humanities and social sciences

as far as programming i took an intro to python class but that was a long time ago
I dont really like programming so i went for the other natural science classes

Dam son I really have no idea.

You can always be a TV extra. It's boring, but if you can get in the union you'll make a lot more money. I did it for a while. It's a nice way to meet people. Initial pay is like minimum wage, but it doubles once you're unionized.

Also, apparently Purolator delivery drivers have it good. Good luck.

Do internships, apply for trainee positions, stop being an indecisive faggot.

>Online apps is all a lot of companys want now, its easier to keep track of everyone that way.
Tell me about it. When I applied at a grocery store back in 2010, I tried to talk to the manager and he just shoo'd me away, told me to apply online. So much for making an impression in person.

>Online shit doesnt work
Yes. It. Does.

Otherwise I would be a 20-something who's never held a job.

>shouldn't I be able to get a white collar job?
Not unless you have a cunt. Attractive females get all the receptionist/admin gigs.

>I mean dont you put that you have a degree in a resume so people know?
General studies holds no value to employers. Sorry. Get a skill.

Forgot to tag this guy :-) ^^^

Hijacking thread

Can I into an Veeky Forums career as a material science engineer?

Are you fucking serious? They taught me this shit in grade 10..

I could have dropped out of highschool and had better job prospects than you

>I took equal classes from nat sci humanities and social sciences
So basically gen ed crap that you already learned in high school.

>I dont really like programming so i went for the other natural science classes
No one's forcing you to learn programming, but if you take the easy path through school, you'll walk away with nothing. Most of the marketable degrees are somewhat competitive and challenging. Suck it up.

It baffles me that courses on personal finance and professionalism aren't standard in all high schools.

Germancuck here
What the fuck is a general studies major, what the heck

Yes, if you're willing to work with hydrogen fuel cells, but you might as well castrate yourself at that point.

It means you never declared a major and just took enough random classes to qualify for graduation.

If I understand the german education system it would be basically impossible to do there, since you start specialized trades/engineering/humanities schools while Amerifats are still in grade school.

Revenue for the colleges.

More specifically, it covers a very broad coursework which leaves the student not really specializing in anything at all.

Lmao, better keep cars as a hobby then.

>implying dying in a hydrogen explosion wouldn't be a good way to go