Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu, more known under her (con-)artist name "Mother Teresa"...

Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu, more known under her (con-)artist name "Mother Teresa". One of the most despicable persons there is, if you don't count her supporters.

A quick primer on her:

rotten.com/library/bio/religion/mother-teresa/

> But her ideals always seemed to take a back seat around her friends, the dictators. In 1975, Indira Ghandi imposed martial law in India. During the two year "state of emergency" she suspended the constitution, imposed censorship on the news media, and arrested her political enemies. Indira's son Sanjay spearheaded an effort in population control for the poor, wherein they were rounded up and forcibly sterilized. Despite her lifelong opposition to contraception and presumptive support for human rights, Mother Teresa chose to embrace the new order and issued a public statement lauding the government's efforts.

>The western press was shocked. Mother T drew wide criticism for her endorsement, even from the Catholic press. But she never withdrew her comments.

slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/fighting_words/2003/10/mommie_dearest.html

> think it was Macaulay who said that the Roman Catholic Church deserved great credit for, and owed its longevity to, its ability to handle and contain fanaticism. This rather oblique compliment belongs to a more serious age. What is so striking about the "beatification" of the woman who styled herself "Mother" Teresa is the abject surrender, on the part of the church, to the forces of showbiz, superstition, and populism.

And I'm quite happy that this pic is the most obscene SFW-pic I could find.

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20030221073943/http://www.meteorbooks.com/
thehindu.com/data/india-to-reach-replacement-levels-of-fertility-by-2020/article6717297.ece
youtube.com/watch?v=Q3LE15AyT5g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

web.archive.org/web/20030221073943/http://www.meteorbooks.com/

>In the midst of all this I remembered the 'Calcutta' of the West - Calcutta the metaphor, not the city. In my three years in the West I had come to realise that the city had become synonymous with the worst of human suffering and degradation in the eyes of the world. I read and heard again and again that Calcutta contained an endless number of 'sewers and gutters' where an endless number of dead and dying people lay - but not for long - as 'roving angels' in the shape of the followers of a certain nun would come along looking for them. Then they would whisk them away in their smart ambulances. As in my twenty-seven years in Calcutta I had never seen such a scene, (and neither have I met a Calcuttan who has), it hurt me deeply that such a wrong stereotype had become permanently ingrained in world psyche. I felt suddenly overwhelmingly sad that a city, indeed an entire culture should be continuously insulted in this way.

>One of the most despicable persons there is
This is your image of one of the most despicable persons there is?

Stick around Veeky Forums a while. You'll have fun.

Well, if I picked the 100 most despicable widely known persons from the last 500 years, she would probably be 98-100 on that list.

But if we take the difference between what people thinks of her and what she actually did into account, then she's in the top five.

Dahh you bitch, you just missed Henry The Mad

Why bother with this? Religious people don't care that she was evil, she's a saint, saints can get away with being evil.

I can't help but feel the people who harp against mother Teresa are motivated less by how she actually effected calcuttans and more on pure hatred for the Catholic Church and Christianity in general because it's like so, brave man.

t. atheist

>hurr if you criticise a famous hypocrite and all-round terrible person it's only because muh fedora!

>Sterilization of unwanted poor Pajeets is a bad thing.

>shitty logic
Go to bed, Francis. You are drunk.

She is a saint, literally.

>implying saints are good
We don't need those lame-ass patchings for this horrible "merciful god".

Wow this is what the fifth thread in a month you've put this up about Mother Teresa?

Which one of you faggots is it this time? The fedora or the nationalist currynigger?

>pure hatred for the Catholic Church

The more you know, the more you hate it.

st. teresa was just a devout.

her only fault was not being a doctor.

but as far as it comes for christianity, her title of saint is rightfully earned.

>implying that you must be a doctor to do good
No. She knew what she was doing. All she had to do was to ride the gravy train of western guilt. Exhibit 1A: She never refuted any accusations. Not even once.

>actually effected calcuttans
pray tell how she affected calcuttans except turning the city of palaces into something out of fallout.
>stop insulting muh saint. SHE LITERALLY SAVED CALCUTTA!

t. butthurt catholic.

>talking shit about a dead old lady who was canonized in a religion you're not a part of
Truly the greatest thread I've been in in a while.

>but as far as it comes for christianity, her title of saint is rightfully earned.

I don't think she met the requirement of after death miracles.

One of her most outspoken critics is an Indian that worked in Calcutta. Get fucked.

>she cured cancer with a medallion
>the doctor who actually treated her said that it wasn't even a tumor, just a cyst.
>the MoC never showed the lady's medical papers, just kept REEing that it was a miracle until it stuck.

>Namefag starts a thread saying how ebil hitchens is for not offering a scholarly criticism of Mother Teresa
>People come in with the book of a person who did his research since the late 80s and sourced his stuff.

>catholics immediately say that statistics don't matter, the image Mother teresa had on calcutta doesn't matter, the fact that the city didn't care about her when she died didn't matter. Her abysmal medical care didn't matter because she was running a hospice for the poorest of the poor which is a vague definition as it gets.

It started out with a Catholic crying about how she's misrepresented. In this case, it boils down the repercussions of talking shit.

Christopher Hitchens openly supported Lenin and Trotsky.

I don't know much about Mother Teresa, but I doubt he was more despicable than these two.

don't
he is gonna call you an ebil yindoo nationalist because you came up with actual facts.

Calcutta = post fallout washington DC. This is literal fact. If you disagree you are a bigot.

Shes Albanian, so it comes to no surprise she is despicable, most Albanians are subhuman garbage.

> Indira's son Sanjay spearheaded an effort in population control for the poor, wherein they were rounded up and forcibly sterilized

Jokes aside this is good for poo in the loo India.

That doesn't make his criticism of her invalid. It's also worth noting that he is by no means her only critic.

>ended up making family planning a dirty word in india
>retarded north indians still breeding like the animals they are.

at least india is pretty close to replacement fertility levels.
thehindu.com/data/india-to-reach-replacement-levels-of-fertility-by-2020/article6717297.ece

Thing is that she got a lot of praise from non-catholics. Because muh proxy religiousity.

Put flowers on Enver Hoxa's grave she did, despite him declaring Failbania to be the first atheist state and persecuting religious people.

>retarded north indians still breeding like the animals they are
They do dont they? I just hate travelling in the north because from the villages to cities it is covered in shit and people and i forget the difference sometimes.

pretty good food though. Most militant muzzie pop as well. India would be a substantially better place if you removed them from the picture. What kind of people have 3+ fertility rates anyway?

Yup and that's exactly why the church further deligitimazed the process of canonization to rush her along to sainthood. She was a PR miracle for the church, especially in the wake of the sex abuse scandal. They weren't about to pass up the opportunity to capatilize on that.

Keep in mind SCU also invited the Dalai Lama and allowed a BDS organization to speak, they just throw everything into the basket plus the kitchen sink to provide more materials for analysis by the students.

Nothing is as it seems.

Ever.

t. totally not a jesuit conspiracy

Well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

And still they got that reputation of being soo able to plan for the future.

Yeah, that's nice. But what's a small jesuit university compared to a world of bargain bin miracle mongering?

It takes two to be made a saint, and I don't think that has changed. It's waived in certain cases, though (as with Pope Saint John the 23rd, whose calling of the Second Vatican Council was listed as his second miracle).

Of course I doubt anyone in this thread even believes in miracles, so it's a waste of time talking about that to them.

>Rotten.com

Jesus Christ, that site is only 10 years away from being a Veeky Forums appropriate topic.

True, but it still holds water.

Also, it's funny that indian nationalists stays in India and tries to make it a better place. But the albanian nationalist goes to India and fucks everything up.

too much poe's law.

>If they were serious about reducing the number of people suffering in the gutter, and reducing arrivals at her "Home for the dying", shouldnt serious action have been taken on behalf of future generations of Calcutta's children?

you fail to see that your little liberal.libertarian rant is exactly the problem in the West. People want wealth and they think that it is enough to be healthy in order to stop suffering. Health is not worth clfip_laboulettinging to. And even it it were, it is half a job, because once people are healthy liberals/libertarians have no idea what to do with them, besides turning them into wageslaves.
This what liberals/libertarians fail to see and the more they cling to their >MUH Human RIGHTS, the more they sanctify material pleasures where their goal is for everbody to have good body pleasures [good is defined by them and if your pleasures differ from them, then they will punish you].

>le suffering is good maymay
>he says as he sits in a first world country with NEETbux while talking to people around the world on a punjabi pottery symposium.

>rotten.com

youtube.com/watch?v=Q3LE15AyT5g

t. fedora

Enjoy your sojourn in hell

who is this fluid druid