My hobby is cars

>my hobby is cars

oh really? okay then. tell me more about how you know how the physics and chemistry of a car works.

oh and you do m8?

Gas go in engine go bang wheel turn

Congrats OP! Driving cars uses a bunch of chemistry! How could we even think that we were worthy of touching them. I'll go back to taking the bus.

So then I guess you're the foremost expert on autism, OP?

Isothermal and isochoric contraction and expansion creates work from heat to then be used by the car to do shit.

wot u talkin bout mate?

idk how the hell most of this shit works specifically and i don't really care to know.
I don't need to be an automotive engineer to enjoy piloting a 2600 lb chunk of japanese trash

But none of that is true if isn't an air standard cycle :^]
>Isochoric
>Expansion or contraction
Kek

>it's your hobby
>you don't know how it works
>you don't care how it works

shit man last time I took chemistry is high school I barely remember this shit, you're probably right

My hobbies are fapping to /ss/, shitposting and eating the small bits of fluff that accumulate between my toes when I wear socks for too long.

>/ss/
what did he mean by this?

Straight shota I'd imagine

this.
I make art for vidya proffessionally and I have no idea how most of that shit works.
Doesn´t stop me from doing my job.

oh so not a board

It's a board on some sites -_-;

Boost goes in, apex seals come out.

>1987+30
>mazda still hasn't developed an apex seal speedloader

Remind me again why this make exists

Valves open to let air and a small amount of gas in. The pistons compress the air. The ideal gas law tells us that as the volume the air takes up decreases, the pressure increases. The spark plugs create a timed explosion which ignites the air and fuel mixture. The force from the combustion forces the piston back down and opens the exhaust valve, and the crankshaft converts this piston movement into rotational force, or torque, which is held in the flywheel. This is called an internal combustion engine.

The clutch regulates torque transfer between the engine and the transmission, which is needed to turn the wheels and get the car moving. When the clutch is fully engaged, all of the engine's torque is transferred to the transmission. When it's fully disengaged, no torque transfer occurs because the two components are physically disconnected. Partially engaging the clutch, then, results in a partial transfer of torque.

When the car is at a standstill, the clutch is partially engaged in order to overcome the coefficient of static friction. If the clutch were to be immediately and fully engaged, the sudden load of the car on the engine would cause the engine to stall and shut off to prevent damage. An alternative to engaging the clutch slowly is revving the engine. Increasing rotational velocity can also be used to counter the load being placed on the engine.

The slow transfer of torque eventually gets the car moving. Once the coefficient of static friction is overcome, the clutch can be fully engaged and the engine will be able to keep the wheels spinning because the coefficient of kinetic friction is lower than of static friction (in other words, it takes less force to keep moving against the friction of the road than it takes to start moving against the friction of the road).

okay simplest way i can explain it is you have some pistons that compress and heat up air in a chamber, and when it completes its downward motion, it ignites the fuel (or the fuel is ignited), and the piston drives a wheel which turns a shaft. Vacuum forces created by the cylinders pounding and the amount of air entering/escaping the system as well as the ratio of fuel to air are ultimately what sets your engine's potential. (as well as the distance the cylinders travel to throw the shaft a full rotation) These systems will have to be properly nurtured and facilitated to reach an engine's peak effectiveness.

this heavy shaft - backed up by a the weight and force of the pistons acting on it as it spins - is used to overcome various resistances and turn the wheels. Provided you run it through a transmission: A series of gears to dictate the application of spin, and ramp up the amount of work the engine is capable of doing at its current workload.

The spin is also utilized for various machines to facilitate the upkeep of the working engine. Like running pumps to coat the machinery in oil as it runs, or a rotor to generate electricity.

i can actually drive so idgaf about science nerd shit
you slowfag bustas keep autistically researching wikipedia and shit to call yourself a car guy and ill be out thrashing the touge

you prolly still granny shiftin steada double clutchin like you should

nigga i be straight no lift shiftin like a g

>physics degree
>half a chem degree before I switched to physics

I think I have a pretty good idea of what I don't know about.

>physics and chemistry of a car works
>of a car works
>car works

Suck squeeze bang blow

>Suck squeeze bang blow
he said how a car works not how your mum works

Your car won't move if doesn't have any 2,2,4 - trimethylpentane in its tank.

>eating toe stuff

RMS is that you?

btfo!!!!!!

No, he eats the skin flakes from his feet.

Well, I went to a university created by GM 100 years ago to make automotive engineers. All of the physics and mechanics courses integrated calculus into them. Dynamics, thrrmodynamics, fluid dynamics, etc. Then organic chemistry was largely focusted on car related or industrial chemistry. I beasted the fuck out of engineering materials and could design, weld, forge, cast, heat-treat, mill, and lathe at age 17.

I have worked for three automotive companies (a vehicle production factory, a parts factory, and a full vehicle test site) and I'm well aware that at this point in my life I know more than the majority of other automotive engineers. My ex-gf is a Ford powertrain engineer and she's basically cheated off my work through junior year.

Is that where they teach you how to make these? kek

Diesel engines don't have spark plugs as they use pressure to ignite the fuel and air mix

>my hobby is hiking

oh really? okay then. tell me more about how you know how the physics and chemistry of hiking works.

i can beat the living shit out of you without breaking a sweat mr smartass scientist nerd

BTFO