/twg/ - Total War General

Previous thread: Empire edition

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB
To update: Never pick anything other than Morghur as Beastmen.
Necromancer heroes are top pick right now while raise dead is still broken as fuck.

>Empty Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>ACTUAL Total War News
If you've been living under a rock these past few months, Shortbrindal is free now.

We have battle map creating tools now. Only land battles and only for custom/custom mp games. Siege battles may be a possibility in the future but they're practically covering their ears and screeching at any mention of using modded maps to improve the campaign.
UPDATE: PEOPLE FIGURED OUT HOW TO DO IT ANYWAY AND OUT OF DAMAGE CONTROL CA WILL BE ADDING OFFICIAL SUPPORT FOR ADDING CUSTOM MAPS TO THE CAMPAIGN ALONGSIDE THE BRETONNIA UPDATE

BRETONNIA IS 28TH OF FEBUARY:
youtube.com/watch?v=60WQUG3XW3M&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=qlxrhB4DvEE

Warhammer is $12: humblebundle.com/monthly

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
>Recent
Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
>Recent
DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.totalwar.com/discussion/191504/bretonnia-update-patch-notes/p1?new=1
ninecommentaries.com
forums.totalwar.com/discussion/191508/patch-6-full-ability-balance-change-list/p1?new=1
youtube.com/watch?v=2oTUvjgvVWE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

R E J O I C E

Bretonnia Patch Notes:

did they fix magic? or they just added horsefrogs and didn't give a toss about balancing/fixing other stuff?

>Fixed a bug causing the game to crash with very large numbers of men in a unit.

Does this mean unit size can now be modded beyond 200?

>Dwarfs can now make grudges against Wood Elves in Campaign.

Savage Orc buff, praise Kek

Why the fuck would they ever buff irondrakes or any dwarf unit

fucking dwarf elitist CA devniggers

>Wood Elves are now more isolationist in character, with periodic bursts of aggression.
Finally

Man I hope so, I always play with Ultra ++ settings to feel the true WAR, not just some shitty skirmish

>Added 2 more defensive siege battle maps for the Wood Elves faction, also available in Custom Battle Mode.
Fuck, I've perfected my strategy on the one we had, and now I gotta learn two new ones.

Irondrakes are too situational right now, so a buff should be good.

>Orion, The King In The Woods, has issued a proclamation throughout Athel loren denying his resemblance to Mel Gibson.

>Armour effect values for spells and abilities changed from 15/30 to 30/60. Also increased duration for these abilities.

CAN'T SMELT THE GELT

>Flock of Doom has been made less effective.
rip

>periodic bursts of aggression
no aggression would be better

>+10% phys resist to all savage orcs
neat

>>NO CHANGES TO FLIER MECHANICS MENTIONED

G O D FUCKING DAMMIT

inb4 those periodic burts of aggression are map spanning swathes of conquest

>Dwarfs can now make grudges against Wood Elves in Campaign
D A W I
A
W
I

>In line with their lore, the Wood Elves are now more isolationist in character, with periodic bursts of aggression.

Praise the fucking LORD

Christ.

>centigors can finally hide in woods

about time

>periodic bursts of aggression
>no aggression would be better

bullshit, they have hunt seasons in lore

Politics are so underdeveloped in this game...

Why can't I demand a neutral faction remove their hero/lord from my land, or at least stopped fucking things up / raiding?
Why can't I cede/demand a region?
Why can't I ask an ally attack a faction I'm currently at peace with myself?
Why can't I demand two factions make peace with each other?
Why can't I provoke another faction into breaking agreements or declaring war without violating their borders or raiding, just by pure diplomacy?
Why can't I give/demand tithe per turn for some turns, as alternative to flat gifts?
Why all politics are open to other factions? Can't one make a secret agreement?
Why is there so few ruler features? Say what you will about Knights of Honour, despite primitive political system it had rather variegated ruler personalities.
Why is there a fucking penalty on being large? I understand the technical reason, but it's such a lazy and crappy implementation... Preventing snowballing must be more elegant.

>All these quality of life improvements to Campaign

Based

>Reduced the accuracy of the Campaign AI assessment of player movement extents to improve game balance on lower difficulty settings.
Excellent news, hopefully they'll be less obnoxious now.

lolwhat? they nerfed the only viable damage spell? are we not supposed to use magic to nuke shit? why have magic at all then?

Did beastmen always have lore of shadows casters?

>Why can't I cede/demand a region?
Because the AI used to create epic border-gore with that ability and they don't want to have player-only options I guess.

I want to die in Isabella's delicious thighs!

>Improved the use of "He" and "She" gender pronouns throughout the campaign text in English.

>they don't want to have player-only options I guess
That's absurd. The ai bypasses so many rules that it may as well be playing an entirely different game as it is.

Because it's a tactical battle simulator, not a grand strategy game.

true but based on how unforgiving campaign ai is, periodic bursts of aggression could easily turn into map-wide conflicts for treebensraum

There's always a bunch of changes that they don't mention each patch regarding magic

>Added 2 more defensive siege battle maps for the Wood Elves faction
>One of them is the same map with badland desert textures

it sounds like GW's old excuse, "We're miniatures company, not game company."
No matter what they claim to be, they are underdeveloped grand strategy at this point. You either go all in or not at all.

couldn't that be fixed by simple "adjacent regions only" flag or something? KoH had such an option and didn't have much border gore.

>The Life Bloom spell has been reduced from 10 HP/second for 10 seconds to 4 HP when it triggers
Lore of Lofe nerf

>Waywatchers finally got improved accuracy

YES

>Archaon the Everchosen + 20 Armour

so we can hope there was lore-wide buff to damage spells?

also they mention adjusting power costs to match spell strength. that could mean anything including minimal costs for damage spells, making them more or less spammable on cooldown... which would make them somewhat viable

in custom battle now, they don't. There are multiple mentions of Lore of Shadows casters for beastmen in the notes so they must be getting them. Movement passive will be nice

CA needs to work on how they write these things out, some of the notes are unclear. This one I assume is changing the life bloom bonus from 100 hp always to 4hp/second lasting as long as the casting time for whatever spell you're using, but I can't be sure

Who knows, I wouldn't be that surprised to see some spells get better or worse
I think they're probably holding off doing any significant reworking of magic until they have to put Loremasters and Slann in, at which point they can't really ignore 70% of spells being useless anymore, or ignore differences between caster ability

How much longer will the development cycle be of this game? Will they be adding more to the campaign map?

About 3 years.

Maybe he'll be less of a joke of an endboss in campaign now. Especially with that

Reminder that Radious is a bad person, and you should feel bad using his mod

Goes from 10hp per second for 10 seconds to 4hp per second for 10 seconds.
i.e. from 100hp total to 40hp total.

Is there a way to remove March from the game? I'm about to scream.

Source

Thats another way to read it, but its hard to tell bc of how unclear the language is. Honestly not that big of a change either way

Use google, you fucking faggot. Holy shit.

>Flock of doom nerfed

Could you give me a tl;dr? That wall of text is so poorly written that if physicaly hurts to read.

expansion 1, plus expansion 2.

there are 16 races, not counting that chaos will be split in 4. Do the fucking math you Mannlet worst cuckstein

Radious is white and based.

fuckin beat me to it

>Back when Legendoftotalautism's peasant spam build was going around people asked CA to fix flying lord hit-squads
>CA said they had balance changes for flying units in mind that would make it so any flying unit that attacked a ground unit would be grounded for a longer period of time to prevent cycle charging
>said change in mechanics would come alongside Brettonia
>No mention of anything like this in the patch notes

What do we do about the Chinese menace?

>it can't be improved because it's out of the scope of the game
>Man, why is diplomacy so fucking bad?

So basically making sure all elves are refereed to as "She"? Good, makes sense.

>old one eye vanguard deployment
For him or his army?

Jesus, I thought he was just a shitty modder - turns out he's a terrible human being too.

>half of negative reviews are from chinks and ruski

give them a proper translation

not to mention that Brettonia got 2 new flying units in Royal Pegasus Knights and Hippogryph Knights, so be sure to pepper your angus lads

TL;DR
Sum that shit up

They look like Godzilla 2000 fucken lame-o

patreon

Radious has, until Warhammer been a team of people

Radious is a jew, and decided to link his own, exclusive Patreon (which is the ultimate form of cancer for mod communities, mixing donations with subscriptions) and donation links, and doesn't provide any credit to the other members, one of which had that small meltdown

at least it's what I understood

>asks people for donations for his mods, doesn't share proceeds with other modders that contributed to his mods, or even tell them he's asking for donations
>tells modders that they can't release stuff they've made as standalone mods, that content can only be in radious mods (despite there being no contract etc.)
>uses other modders' work on a new webpage showing radious mod stuff, again without asking or telling them

China should have been nuked so long ago

Hell, the urban areas may even become more habitable after a nuke or two

Fantasy of Sigmar > Age

I've given up entirely on mp for this game. Maybe with the bigger expansions theyll put some effort into making it playable.

Honor is all.
Chivalry is all.

Can we get the Chinese government to ban Steam by replying to the negative reviews with Falun Gung propaganda?
>Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party 九評共產黨
>ninecommentaries.com

>not "you came to the wrong duchy, mon ami"

Savage Orcs
+ 10% Physical Resistance
+ 3 Charge Bonus
+ 2 Melee Defence

Savage Orc Big ‘Uns
+ 3 Charge Bonus
+ 2 Melee Defence

Savage Orc Boar Boyz
+ 4 Charge Bonus
+ 2 Melee Defence

Savage Orc Boar Boy Big Uns
+ 4 Charge Bonus
+ 2 Melee Defence

Savage Orc Arrer Boyz

START DA WAAAGH

>you will never play a game which combines TW style battles and CK2 grand strategy

Check your privilege, what if I want to roleplay as a mentally ill transsexual who commits suicide by wandering into the Chaos Wastes?

>chin down eyes up

>Nippon Strong, Nippon Strong
>Imperial Army did nothing wrong
>Rape of Nanking?
>No such thing!
>Unit 731
>So much fun
>Look out!
>Here comes Nippon Man!

>i was only pretending to be a nazi

Yeah, my 1st campaign after the patch will obviously be chivalric, but with these changes I may give wurrzag another go before trying an isabella campaign.

How the fuck did you get a trade agreement with kislev?

THIS IS NOT FUCKING FAIR BROS
>everyone knows that I am the true Von Carstein
>Daddy Vladdy and Mommy Isabella have their own faction
>they don't take me in
WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING TO ME
IF THEY TAKE IN KONRAD I SWEAR I WILL END THIS WORLD
W-WE ARE STILL FRIENDS N-NAGASH, ARENT'S W-WE?

They will give you trade agreement on turn 1 on legend.
Also i kinda sacked North.
REALLY sacked it. If Talabec didnt backstab Kislev i they probably had a chance to beat Chaos too.

So I bought the game and I'm playing as Empire first turn

Karl is up north conquering but there is a stack of wood elves who keep going right up to my settlement and keep moving around my territory

Should I be worried?

More detailed ability changes:
forums.totalwar.com/discussion/191508/patch-6-full-ability-balance-change-list/p1?new=1

a lot

Wood Elves are nazis, and they will pull a Poland on your territory

Soon, fellow Vnderstanders.

>used to shit on SEGA and their shitty DLC practices
>almost considered giving Warhammer a negative Steam review because of this
>almost one year later, I'm now excited for every new DLC

Yes you should.
Dont play Empire until you get feel of the game because you got worst position in the game opponent wise.
>electors
>chaos
>northern Chaos vassals
>Bretonnia likes to DoW for no reason
>Vamps
>Forest nazis
>Beastmen and Agrund can be dragged in
>Border princes
And that small Orc warband on start

Why are marauders so hilariously shit? My guys are losing a 1:1 fight on flat terrain to some fucking Skaeling poison dogs.

Most of the warhammer DLC has been a lot more interesting than the majority of DLC released for previous total war games

Doggos are great against unarmoured units

>and Age of Empire or Heroes of Might and Magic style city screens and variety of buildings
>and Victoria-style resource variety

truly, why live?

Plague of Rust: Increased -15 armour to -30 armour and -30 to -60 armour for upgraded. Duration increased from 27 to 44. Costs reduced from 5 to 4 and 7 to 6 respectively.
Searing Doom: Reduced cost from 6 to 5 for regular and from 9 to 8 for upgraded.
Glittering Robe: Increased armour from +15 to +30. Duration from 31 to 40. Cost reduced from 8 to 7, Upgraded cost increased from 12 to 14.
Gehenna’s Golden Hounds: reduced detonation force to increase reliability against light entities. Upgraded also had a 25% reduction in vortex movement speed.
Final Transmutation: Reduced cost from 16 to 14, Upgraded reduced from 26 to 22.

I-is gelt good now?

Plus if you're playing on any dificulty above Hard most if not all those fuckers can happily ignore their differences based on how much they hate your fucking guts.

I dunno how I managed it, but last Legendary Empire campaign got destroyed by an ancient alliance of Mousillon/Wood Elves/Greenskins/Angrund/Marienburg to converge on my ass.
Those fuckers all had either military or defensive alliances and all hated me, despite me never attacking any of them besides Greenskins and Beastmen.

I swear if I managed to hold out a bit longer, I might have brought peace to the Old World based on how everyone senselessly despised me

>tfw no AoE2 sounds
youtube.com/watch?v=2oTUvjgvVWE

wait a min, duck got hired by ca?

Yes. Make defensive allies with both Dawi factions near you and with as much of Bretonnia as possible. If they go to war with you they will have to go through your allies first. They will most likely obliterate them all but atleast you'll have time to prepare for them
And remember, Helstorm and mortar are Elf's greatest enemy.

Not him but I bought it yesterday, 10 hours in on first campaign as Empire, 100 turns in normal difficulty and Im having a blast

Three full stacks. Most of the land to the north and around me conquered. Karl and a general is up north fighting the Skaeling and The Chaos and I feel unstoppable, already number 1 faction, army in the south with that patriarch guy and beast wizard(amber?). Franz nearly has his griffin.

Really enjoying the game it almost feels too easy but satisfying

Fuck the sieges though, raped by arrows much prefer to auto resolve that

Who should I play next and when will my Empire campaign ""end""?

Not as good as Karl, but then again what is? Might be viable at least.

Still never gonna use Final Transmutation

>High chance the enemy will ignore damage
>Strong vs a single combatant
>Weak vs a single combatant

Like what the fuck dude?

Nope

Also
>Changed Black Coach abilities into passives that will activate after 45, 90 and 135 seconds in melee, allowing them to stack. Tweaked values to balance their new cumulative effect.
Is Black Coach decent now? can you even keep it in combat for that long?

why is there no perfect setting or perfect game? good stuff is always split among several ones and no one has balls to just steal everything awesome, saw serial numbers off and make one true setting or game.

>Reduced range of Rune of Wrath and Ruin from 75m to 50m.
>Added max 3 uses to Arrow of Kurnous and increased range to 600m.