/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Crash & Burn Edition
Previous jej: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not as dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of Ded Earf
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena 2
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>StarMade

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Starcraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Notch scam artist one.
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general.

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Other urls found in this thread:

gamasutra.com/blogs/ArtyomZuev/20130731/197365/Environment_art_and_modeling_in_Kerbal_Space_Program.php?print=1
youtube.com/watch?v=S18FIX2n45M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1st for not linking the new thread in the old one

First for whiny non eggmen telling us how to run our thread in 3, 2, 1... we must ignore the Anger

Moldy pizza slice reporting

4nd for ghost bomb

Posting lewds.

Was just a timing issue friendo, I tried. Next time I'll let it die without making new bread, how's that sound?

Small doorstop reporting

where's the damn dakka does it have a wave motion gun or something

That hole in the front is the opening for a spinal PAC. I have other versions with dakka, but they are way older than that

Space, Kerbal, Squad.

This game always looks like it could be fun, does that ship actually? Did you construct it? What kind of resources are available?

I wouldn't recommend getting invested.

Can you post screens of the editor I wanna see what it can do

Is season 2 of The Expanse still following Leviathan Wakes or has it moved onto Caliban's War?

Reminder to report and hide all kerbnigger posts.

how do you feel that typing egg in catalog search gives always 2 or 3 results with lewd anime girls and our general?

Wow good call

Hey fucker we know you're the janitor stop justifying your subjective deletions

We're here to talk about Engineering, you can fuck right the hell off

>ksp
>being accepted in /egg/
>ever
You niggers shit up our general when you refused to fix yours, ksp is never going to be allowed here.

That game is literally engineering down to the spergy hatred for its own players.

We know
They stopped using qts for a while
Somebody went and asked them to go back to qts, and they did

>That poor bastard with no ladder to hold onto
>Trying to stay inside somebody else's Spengies ship

>Our
You do not represent the group. Which memes are even yours?

Sure my dude :^)

is that the early alpha????

In the lower right you can see the engineers report, which indicates it is from at least version .90, possibly 1.0 I don't remember when that useless feature was added

So yeah, still alpha.

They announced multiplayer back in 2013, have they finally fixed the collisions issues? I bet official multiplayer is more fun than the fan made version they had back then

Hideously vulnerable moving g clamps reporting in.

I don't watch TV or movies pretty much ever.

But every time a webm from this is posted, I feel like I should check it out.

Most recent ep was last part of LW

You should, its good.

Don't be entitled. Multiplayer was promised by junior developer bac9, while he designed the space center for some fucking reason. He had no business making gameplay promises when he was just a modeler. Maxmaps, then community lead, blacklisted him from game development for his lying and was promoted to producer as a result.

Kerbal Space Program has a long and rich development history.

Old as fuck borderlands 2 bandit inspired bote reporting in

Never forget the simple art that bac9 ruined with his sperging

Max was going to turn KSP into the next minecraft and become the next Notch and baccy fucked it up for everyone (his version in next post)

Shitty, hastily scribbled in MS Paint NAND 2to1 multiplexer by someone that never made one before reporting in

And how bac9 ruined it. Thank god they canned him after this before he could work on any parts. You should see the buttugly concepts he was working on. Amazing they even let him go without pursuing legal repercussions for his incompetence.

gamasutra.com/blogs/ArtyomZuev/20130731/197365/Environment_art_and_modeling_in_Kerbal_Space_Program.php?print=1

Would you consider using Logisim for your scribbling? It can also help you test your circuit too.

It's too bad even the vaunted opinion of Scott Manley couldn't reverse the slander of bac9

It would require first effort and then using a program for a "active" version of what one would call "fun", and that's verboten.

I haven't played a game in 3 years even though i like them, send help

I saw logisim mentioned in relation to Shenzen last thread - I get that the concepts are similar since they're both digital logic, but how is logisim a "game" with "goals"? As far as I know, it's actually a digital logic simulator used for circuit development, isn't it?

Is there actually a point to you posting content from the show? Is good show, yeah, but it's not really relevant to the thread at the moment.

>As far as I know, it's actually a digital logic simulator used for circuit development, isn't it?
NO NO NO! You are mistaken! It's a next generation sandbox physics game in the vein of Space Engineer with a extremely detailed logic simulation aspect. It was made by a group of gamers that felt that Solidworks, the direct competitor of Minecraft when it comes to crafting and building, didn't pay enough attention to stuff like the reverse leakage current of a diode! Isn't that great?

Is there a point to policing the different types of engineering people are or aren't allowed to post? The show lives and breathes engineering. It is a vision of a scientific future. What exactly is your major malfunction?

>he's this new

>The show lives and breathes engineering

>lives and breathes engineering
>no radiators
Pick one

>relevant
It stop being relevant 10 threads ago...

I'm not policing, I'm just wondering. Usually when people post shows they're trying to recreate the ships or environment or some such.

rip Miller
F

>doesn't know about the Investigator

>I'm just wondering
Stop. Either know everything or leave.

>a vision

youtube.com/watch?v=S18FIX2n45M

damn, its so satisfying to see your first fully working unit in FtD. my little anti-ship chopper winning story missions makes me so proud of it.

post pics of the chopper

3 d p r i n t i n g

Nigger

ced when

ced ded
but I might have found a new serb to colonize
192.95.29.22:27016

We need to engineer new Ced.

i will once it gets painted and decorated

also question related - how much damage do i want on LAMs to take down AA missiles?

I stopped shit posting for a few months, can someone tell me what happened to ced?

KEEN did

I'm not him and Kuckold Shitstain Programmers will never be accepted

Hyperion battleship reporting in

Engineering and wondering go hand in hand.
Assuming that you know everything is inherently against the scientific method.
Gnosticism is for kerbniggers.

>scientific method
We're engineers not scientists.
Nothing we do has to make any sense so long as it works.

>I'm not him
Of course. But let's try to stay focused on engineering and engineering related topics, okay driving euro?

KSP is not engineering related
It's a chihuahua that humps your leg thinking he's gonna score with a hot bitch, but then it just gets kicked off

Why are you replying?

Report and hide. You're not helping.

Like i give a fuck anymore.
Welcome to another drama bullshit thread in Veeky Forums
We were better dead.

KEEN told him to fuck off and unfix their fixes himself and he got all sad.

im relatively new to the thread, can i get a quick rundown on why ksp gets shunned from here?

Extreme shitposting and animal abuse.
One of them actually went through the trouble of buying a pass with money from their real life just to spam for a few hours.

KSP collapsed their own general into a shitposting singularity. Eventually the mods got so sick of them that they killed it. Now they want to come here and spread their catfucker brand of 'engineering'

USS Monitor reporting in

Does Space Engineers have random planets yet? Or was that just a one time dev build experiment?

Those features are sealed, they wont change.
Unless they make new maps, they will be allways the same 3 planets with moons.
But there are mod worlds with different planets.

USS Eye Rape reporting in

>Only thing named specifically on thumbnail is cutscene editor
>...and '''''''''''''general improvements'''''''''''''
They didn't improve fucking anything, did they

What if someone engineered a double-decker aircraft carrier

>Reply to Kane's Avorion Bitching video
>Tell him the new physics are great and so is Koonschis vision of the game
>Kane replies politely and says this

Maybe he's not an enormous faggot after all, I mean, he is definitely a little bitch, but maybe not major-league homosex.

PSS RaymanSuxx reporting in

>I don't care for underlying theory or fundamental mechanisms
You're not an engineer, just lazy - and not in the "good programmer" sense of the word.
Engineers solve problems, and doing so requires a varied set of mental tools, and by ignoring theory you're limiting said toolset.
Go be ignorant somewhere else.

Boolean logic reporting in

Wtf am I looking at. I read the filename and will admit my incompetence.

NAND gate?

Go back to the desert, I bet you don't even worship CLANG

>mods

>playing vanilla

So the faggot can't even stand by his words?
If he agrees he shouldn't have bitched about it in a video.

Koonschi what u doin

Yaaa. It kind of seemed like he was putting on a good face for youtube comments. He did kind of guilt-trip another guy that was being only mildly contrarian, so IDK what he's on.

ALL PERSONNEL TO STATIONS. BRACE FOR UPDATE.

>mods

:(

Oh to be lost in space, find a derelict space station. jury rig a craft and fly hoping to find a planet and settle...

Update won't affect flyable ships, you heard it here first

>he doesn't fix glaring manufacturing flaws as soon as he takes shit out of the box

That's proof that FTD is Turing complete. You could build a literal computer in FTD if you wanted to. It'd be slow as shit, but it'd work.

Yep, it's a NAND gate for ACBs in FTD. All the scrubs on the FTD forums bitching about "muh can't do logic without lua" can fuck right off.

And no, they don't need to be nearly that big.