Natives of North America treated other tribes were very similar if not more brutal

than what ISIS does today.

"The truth Johnny Depp wants to hide about the real-life Tontos: How Comanche Indians butchered babies, roasted enemies alive and would ride 1,000 miles to wipe out one family.

Comanche Indians were responsible for one of the most brutal slaughters in the history of the Wild West however, Johnny Depp wants to play Tonto in a more sympathetic light."

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2396760/How-Comanche-Indians-butchered-babies-roasted-enemies-alive.html

Historical truth....

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2396760/How-Comanche-Indians-butchered-babies-roasted-enemies-alive.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

quote:
"Survivors described the slaughter:
‘The two Frosts, father and son, died in front of the women; Elder John Parker, his wife ‘Granny’ and others tried to flee.
The warriors scattered and rode them down.

‘John Parker was pinned to the ground, he was scalped and his genitals ripped off.
Then he was killed. Granny Parker was stripped and fixed to the earth with a lance driven through her flesh.
Several warriors raped her while she screamed.

In Alberta People love to talk about us stealing the crees land, but they actually took it from the Denee not long before they just mostly slaughtered them so they don't complain as much.

"The 16-year-old girl’s once-beautiful face was grotesque.

She had been disfigured beyond all recognition in the 18 months she had been held captive by the Comanche Indians.
Now, she was being offered back to the Texan authorities by Indian chiefs as part of a peace negotiation.

To gasps of horror from the watching crowds, the Indians presented her at the Council House in the ranching town of San Antonio in 1840, the year Queen Victoria married Prince Albert.

‘Her head, arms and face were full of bruises and sores,’ wrote one witness, Mary Maverick. ‘And her nose was actually burnt off to the bone. Both nostrils were wide open and denuded of flesh.’

Once handed over, Matilda Lockhart broke down as she described the horrors she had endured — the rape, the relentless sexual humiliation and the way Comanche women had tortured her with fire.
It wasn’t just her nose, her thin body was hideously scarred all over with burns.

When she mentioned she thought there were 15 other white captives at the Indians’ camp, all of them being subjected to a similar fate,
the Texan lawmakers and officials said they were detaining the Comanche chiefs while they rescued the others.

It was a decision that prompted one of the most brutal slaughters in the history of the Wild West — and showed just how bloodthirsty the Comanche could be in revenge."

Maybe white people don't have much to apologize to the Natives considering how brutal they were.
They were not peace loving gentle souls.
They were the isis of today,brutal,barbaric,deprived of humanity killers.

The tribal beliefs of the Comanche posit the existence of a creator god known as "Big Father," most commonly identified with the sun. Additional supernatural entities include spirits that can take the form of animals, ghosts and little people.
These spirits bestow humans with superhuman strength, insight and other useful abilities.
For the most part, religion was a private matter among the Comanche, according to the Oklahoma Historical Society.
They had no communal system of worship. Comanche life was largely based around warfare.

The one belief that is common among Native American tribes that influences death rituals is the focus on helping the deceased be comfortable in the afterlife or protecting them in the afterlife.
Death rituals include placing food, weapons, jewelry, tools, or pots within the burial site for the use of the deceased in his afterlife.
The Nez Perce Native American tribe would even sacrifice the deceased's horse, wives, or his slaves so they could be buried together.

Other common Native American death rituals include:
-The medicine man or spiritual leader leads the ritual.
-Deceased ancestors are asked to join in the rituals.
-The belief that the spirit of the person never dies.
-Gifts are buried with the deceased.
-Pipes are smoked.
-The circle is symbolic in the ritual, as in the circle of life.
-Nature is revered; death is part of nature.
-The burial is often done at a special site either close to or away from their home.
-Death is believed to be a journey to another world.
-Fear of the Deceased.
-Some Native American tribes felt the deceased person was resentful of those that were still living and were fearful that the ghost of the dead.
would come back and cause trouble for anyone who used their possessions.
This belief led them to burn the deceased's house and all of their possessions.
The family would move to a new house in a new location to escape the ghost of the deceased.

Guiding the Spirit.
Native Americans believed they should not impede the spirit of the deceased from finding its way into the afterlife.
They also believed they should help guide or aid the spirits ascent.
Death rituals that were common for this purpose are:
-Not burying the body.
-Elevating the body in a tree or on a platform.
-Leaving an opening in the burial place or coffin.
-Burying a horse with the body so it can carry the body into the after life.
-Not saying the deceased's name out loud for fear of calling them back to earth.

>WHITE PEOPLE DINDU NUFFINS

comanche niggers are not all natives. look at the picture you posted there are tons of differences among native tribes

they might have had differences, but their IQ seems quite stable at a very tepid 80 points.

african tribes also have lots of differences, but they also seem to have rape and murder in common

All of these are lies because:

Native Americans are an oppressed minority

Oppressed minorities never do anything wrong

The White Man is always wrong

Your historical facts have been discarded due to not being politically correct.

Thanks for playing our game.

Jesus

Nice false equivalencies tho. So I guess there was no such thing as Manifest Destiny I guess. What the fuck is history? This is fucking /pol/ or whatever right?

Get the fuck off our board.

>Referencing IQ
This is usually a good point to start tuning someone out

There are over 500 different American Indian tribes in the US today and many more pending recognition. This is when their population is roughly 2 million. Not sure how many more tribes there were pre-colonization. Likely more.

There was a diverse amount of background to a lot of these tribes. Trying to paint the entirety of the American Indian people as brutish because of one tribe (or even several) just reeks of someone coming into the conversation with the intent to whitewash colonization. Save that revisionist trash for /pol/.

That all said, there were certainly brutal American Indian/first Nations tribes. The depiction of the 'noble savage' isn't entirely fair either. Though I've heard nice things about the Arawaks.

>So I guess there was no such thing as Manifest Destiny I guess.
Do you know what Manifest Destiny is, besides a buzzword?

>whitewash colonization
Vae Victus

>This is usually a good point to start tuning someone out
He didn't mention IQ. IQ measurements are valid, if you bring up the Flynn effect without mentioning how it relates to different IQ tests and their different G-loadings, you either know very little about psychometrics or you are being dishonest.

How may amerindians do you think there were when Europeans made contact in North-America? (ignore the vikings)

I think he meant to answer

While I do agree the noble savage shit is bunk you're exactly like the SJW cucks who blame all white people for the atrocities committed against the native Americans, Africans, and Asians

*tips fedora*

Nothing worse than a bure bagan warrior LARPer

Western civilization is rooted in christian morality. Wars of aggression are evil.

And?

I'm trying to get the point of you mentioning all this and waiting for the punchline user.

They seem pretty based tbqhwyf

Yes I fucking know what Manifest Destiny is you fucking faggot, now get the fuck off our fucking board.

>Wars of aggression are evil
Tell that to every Christian king that ever conquered anything.

If that's how you choose to view it, then fine, I don't particularly care. But we need not be disingenuous in our analysis by attempting to generalize all tribes by referring to the brutality of one of them.

What said. Also, you're missing the point. Usually the quicker someone is to reference IQ, the less interested they are in an actual conversation. They're usually coming from a position where they wish to affirm a certain groups biological or cultural inferiority/superiority. That sort of predisposition means a conversation with that person is unlikely to yield any fruit. This isn't about the relevance of IQ, but the attitude of those who often cite IQ in certain contexts. Feel free to disagree.

And from what I've read, though I'm drawing from memory, I believe it was 9-14 million. But I'm fuzzy on the details.

>and the way Comanche women had tortured her with fire.

Non-white women will never get over the fact their men love white pussy better

Beg Pardon?

>talking about all indigenous Americans as if they are one culture

sage, hide thread

Whos this qt?

Fuck me, the internet has failed on sauce finding.

More like women will never get over other women getting more dick

The important thing to remember is that not all tribes are the same.. which is why there were so many of them.

So yeah, the comanches and others sucked but some were also cool. They just get grouped together.

Sinners in hell

Tlingit, Hawaiians, Pueblo, Iroquois and Mississippians are interesting. Costanoans look interesting too, but I don't know much about them.

Were the Apache that much bigger than the Comanche?

it's "victis" you edgy dumbass

First, I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to the MOD who was so kind and moved this thread from /x/ board to this Veeky Forums board.
Many times MODS just delete threads.
Thanks again,MOD

OP here,
First, I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to the MOD who was so kind and moved this thread from /x/ board to this Veeky Forums board.
Many times MODS just delete threads.
Thanks again,MOD

user, the point is that there is this false believe this mis-understanding that the native people of North America were very peaceful, sweet loving people,
and that white people were terrible beyond reason, and that all white people now have to feel big shame for hurting native people of USA and Canada.

But the truth is much different.
And today in schools and in the media we are brain washed that white people are terrible evil and that native people are sweet angels.

There is no balance being presented in teaching about that particular historical event.

Brain washing to a very dishonest and very dangerous level, to a degree that some people today hate white people based on this false misinformation.

I will post more facts in a few hours on this topic.
Let's bring some balance to this story.

Fucking badass.

>my 21st century moral belief system has existed since time immemorial
>right of conquest never existed
>all other systems of morals outside my own are objectively wrong

>talks about LARPing as he pretends to be a Christian
Pope Innocent III

As I understand it, Apache and Comanche were absolute cunts, and killing them was wholly justified in response to their savagery.
Considering the Comanche ethnically related to the Aztecs, I'm not totally surprised at their inherent cruelty.

Other tribes, like the civilized ones in Georgia were fine and our treachery to them is shameful.

Is it fair to say that Uto-Aztecans are probably the worst of the bunch?

OP here,
you made good fair points user

Well yes, I agree with the balance part. Although, I've often heard the opposite, that whites were the good boys and Indians were bloodthirsty savages. I think both are false myths as it paints both sides with an overly broad brush and simplifies humans to little more than memes. That being said I tend to think the Native Americans are more interesting since we don't know much about their civilization, and we know very little of their precolumbian history.

The Aztecs were based. They had a cool civilization.

>The Aztecs were based. They had a cool civilization.
they were also seriously cruel compared to their neighbors, and civilizations elsewhere when they had achieved a certain level of civilization.

>Andrew jackson's treachery

Ftfy

>That being said I tend to think the Native Americans are more interesting since we don't know much about their civilization, and we know very little of their precolumbian history.

Not saying you're saying otherwise, but the "meme" that a civilization or culture cannot be interesting because they were cruel or barbarous has to stop in my opinion. Everyone loves Assyria after all.

When people say that 90% of native Americans were victims of "genocide" (I see things like this on Facebook all the time), to what extent is that true?
I'm under the impression that this 90% is almost completely due to smallpox and maybe other European diseases. If that's true, is it really a genocide?

The basic problem is that native americans are not really a single people, but several. I say that, if that makes us unable to say all natives were violent savages (or pacific hippies), it also prevents us from saying there was a native american genocide.

We can, of course, talk about native american genocides in plural. Those native peoples that were actively targeted by europen/american exterminators can claim they were genocided. The rest cannot.

So for example you could say that the Trail of Tears was part of the cherokee genocide (sorry if the example is not good since I haven't read much on this specific event, I used it as example because it's famous in the USA).

No you see, none of this was actually wrong in any sense. It is just the times they lived in. There's nothing inherently wrong with raping impaled grandmothers. Moral relativism and whatnot.
Or at least that's what Veeky Forums says when its Rome or America committing atrocities. Not sure why it doesn't apply here.

Well, even the ones that were expressly targeted by Europeans/Americans, how were they genocided? Is there a difference between battles/skirmishes/forcing them off lands, and an outright collection of them and extermination? I suspect that the way things went down were more in line with the former.

That's not why I find them interesting though. The interest is mostly from them developing independently and having completely different ideas and societies, though at the same time some things which we can relate to too. They are human like us afterall.

>they were also seriously cruel
So was Rome, so was China, so was Imperial Japan, so was literally every empire in history. You don't build grand things with hugs.

I myself am less entranced by Rome than a lot of people, but you've gotta admit Aztecs were a little crazy with the level of sacrifices they performed

Well most were prisoners of war who would have otherwise died in battle. So I don't see what's the big deal delaying their deaths and making it a public ritual. Hell they were even treated quite well before their sacrifice and it was an honorable death. I just don't think Aztecs were exceptionally cruel, least not by mesoamericanst standards or morality.

It's worth the context when you're being demonized for your brutality to point out that the "victims" weren't exactly sweethearts either.

The aztec method was more dramatic, but it's the difference between getting your throat cut by a priest to appease the gods or getting your throat cut by some soldier looting your body because nobody wanted to put up with you. This is one of those cases where honestly I feel like "you can't enslave fellow Christians" and shit was actually a raw deal, because if they couldn't enslave you they regularly just offed you.

What's with those large gray areas in the east?

OP here,
one thing is sure that when indians,natives start bitching and blaming their misfortunes on white men we should remind them about their history
how brutal they were towards each other tribe against tribe.
We should remind them of their savage ways that today's ISIS could learn from.

They always talk how spiritual they are, how connected to the Creator they are,how connected to nature they are but they can not (some of them,most of them)
stop using alcohol and still blaming white men who brought it to them.
Well if you are so connected to the Creator so spiritual why you are so impotent to brake the addiction to white men's poison, shake it off if you are so wise.
I guess carving fake gods from a piece of dead tree (totem poles) and worshiping them is not doing the trick for you my native brothers.

Take the responsibility for your fuck up's stop constantly blaming white men for them.
Maybe white men was actually send by God to crash your violent ways you did towards each others and to teach you not to worship carved images from a piece of dead wood.

Maybe white men was a blessing on your sorry ass but you are too ignorant to see it that way.