[ D a i l y - B i k e - T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

[ D a i l y - B i k e - T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

fucc tina turner motorcycles should be allowed in the nutbush city limits edition.

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Webms

/dbt/ map: Meet, Fight, Fuck.
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator:
>cycle-ergo.com/

Noob? Git gud:
webums with sounds:
>>/wsg/1564043

Previously on /dbt/

a

The GS500 is objectively the best beginner bike.
> mileage
It's a mid-sized 4stroke twin cylinder bike, so it drinks less than 6 liters per 100 km.
> handling
It handles nothing like a supersport, spoiling you for when you get something else. But it can also corner much better than something like a cruiser, and actually uses its entire rear tire unlike a Ninja 250.
> brakes
They are complete shit and their only redeeming feature is that they're disc brakes. This is good because the longer braking distance forces new riders to plan ahead and start braking early. No ABS means they learn to brake properly I'd they don't want to get shrekt.
> power
It sits right at the power limit for A2 bikes which is great for euros. It's torquey enough to be faster off the line than most cars you'll encounter in the city. But it also feels relatively gutless so a) it's forgiving of mistakes and b) you can ride it at the limit without putting yourself into too much danger. It reaches up to 180 km/h which is fast enough for highway riding.
> carbs
It being carbed means that if you run into problems, you can learn to fix them yourself instead of heading to the mechanic every time.
> seating position
Upright, slightly forward means it's a neutral riding position so you can figure out what you want afterwards. The seat is relatively uncomfortable making literally every other bike after it will feel like heaven on your ass.
> price and availability
Parts and the bikes themselves are cheap and plentiful. If you crash and fuck up one of your fairings it's 40 euros to replace it with original parts. Engine needs little maintenance. Beginner riders are typically not financially independent, so this is a big plus for them.
> suspension
It's a budget suspension factoring into the overall low cost of getting a GS 500. If you want better suspension it's easy to swap. Therefore it gives beginners an opportunity to learn working on suspension while keeping the cost manageable.

off to a good start

I like my GS . I worked for it, payed it myself, repair it myself and learn about bike anatomy, learn how to and how not to ride.

I'm happy. And it only cost me 680 € .

Remember to shill it at every opportunity and act like it's the holy grail of beginner bikes for maximum butthurt points in /dbt/. I got quite a few good laffs out of it when I had one.

>it's a "This 40 year old technology is better than its replacement" episode

>Dubstep is popular now instead of rock music, therefore it is better

It might not be the perfect beginner bike, but here in Germany you can get one in working condition for 500€ . And if you get a pre 2000 model there is almost no electronics in it so maintainance is fairly easy. I'm no mechanic but I can do almost all the repairs myself.

I think its just the best you can get for that kind of money.

>comparing technology to subjective forms of entertainment

Stop embarrassing yourself even more, brainlet.

Periodic reminder that the CertainlyeXcellent500 > GaySquid500Fagguette

>It's a mid-sized 4stroke twin cylinder bike, so it drinks less than 6 liters per 100 km.
My VW Golf has better mileage than that

>It handles nothing like a supersport, spoiling you for when you get something else.
so it handles like shit, great for beginners already nervous about riding

>They are complete shit and their only redeeming feature is that they're disc brakes
Bad brakes, exactly what nervous beginners need

Sheeeeit where in Germany are you?
I was being serious btw, acting like it's the be-all-end-all bike is fun.
>I think its just the best you can get for that kind of money.
Probably correct. Then again, the CB500 and ER5 aren't that much more expensive and superior in terms of quality.

>brainlet
Back to Veeky Forums with you, egghead.

I'm in Hessen. You ?

That might be true, but the good thing about the GS500 is that there are so many of them out there, that cheap spare parts are not a problem.

Berlin.
Same with the other 500s 2bh.

Dang. Would have been cool to ride with someone from /dbt/

Well I didn't know that. As long as I'm happy now I'll stick with it. What I'll get after that, I don't know.

Enjoy m8, it's honestly a solid beginner bike. Look on the map, I think there might be a few anons relatively close by. Also Super Euromeet at the end of July / start of August.

Also
>GS500 offroading
oh god the memories

You should like it. It's one of the best general purpose motorcycles on the market. It's really no different from a Ninja 500 which is also a GOAT bike but harder to find. I still have the Ninja 250 I started on and ride it from time to time. I wish I had started on a Ninja 500 or a GS500 because the bike would be more practical on the highway so I could go long distance with it.

Also, inb4 some retard tells me hurr durr the 250 can handle highway speeds just fine

no it can't fuckface. i am not going to sit in 6th gear pinned at 13k rpm for 45 minutes just to barely keep up with traffic

Not the person you are responding to but I agree with the assessment on the Ninja 250 not keeping up with highway speeds.
The 250 is almost breathless at 85 MPH, which can be a problem when the interstate speed limit is 80 mph. They are great city commuters if you change the gearing up though.

>My VW Golf has better mileage than that

Motorcycle aerodynamics will always be terrible because they require a dustbin fairing for forward streamlining which is too dangerous in crosswinds for street use.

Bikes aren't for fuel mileage now modern aerodynamic autos exist.

Also aircooled and carbed.

Is there much point in me getting a big trailie if I never plan to do any off road?

I think the tiger 955i looks so cool and I have heard good things about it but I am scared of looking like a poser if I get one.

please post with trip so i can filter you

>my bike gets 97kph per 1L

125 master race!

this is how 2pac died

no

He has before but he changed it every fucking day, he's retarded. Just don't respond to any of his posts and he'll go back to fit where posting his dick gets him attention

interdasting
>97kph
>per 1L
>speed per volume

who /unicycle/ here?

Both those are maintenance advantages unless you for some reason overheat the engine which isn't an issue on GS. Air cooling is ample for that HP output. Carbs are only a problem for the inept and hundreds of millions of carbs got the job done for more than a hundred years.

Motorcycles are also not typically designed for fuel economy because they are bought for fun where a good power-to-weight ratio matters more. You have to be Third World tier impoverished to care about gas mileage on anything larger than 125cc.

Why is nobody using this parking space so close to the entrance? hmmmmm

if you filter off of tripcode and not name he can change it to anything and its still filtered

No one gives a shit about your gook country

Looking for:
>Cheap
>Reliable
>Less than 47 hp/35kW
>Most importantly: FUN
What baik is gud?

Except he doesn't actually use a trip, just posts with a different name every post

What the fuck are you talking about?

I'm doing it now as a joke, but i've never done this before now

I'm only doing it today, are you even newer than me?

No one else who matters gives a shit what you ride. Just buy what you like and ride the motherfucker.

The proper motorcyclist attitude is "fuck you, I do what I like!". If you lack that attitude, buy a minivan instead. There's room in back for your bottoming.

All those fucking names with "125cc korea" and shit? You changed it like 6 times

>No one else who matters gives a shit what you ride.
hear hear!

But how will you meed average Korean women?

>But how will you meed average Korean women?

Be an American with a penis. They'd fellate their way through a leper colony for a shot at a green card. It's fun for a short tour but no way I'd bring the typical buckethead back to CONUS. If want gookpoosey there, troll the bars outside military bases.

>rides in an exotic location
>handsome
>big dick
>cool bike

Rasputin is the best poster

>Hayabusa: 300kph per 1300cc or 231 kph per L
>Honda CBR1000RR: 286 kph per L
>Yamaha R6: 260kph per 600cc or 433 kph per L

>Average Euro moped: 45kph per 50cc or 900kph per L

Apparently, kph per L is the inverse measurement of power.

Planning my longest ride yet for sunday, 11km round trip

Do my eyes deceive me? Did you finally clean your mirrors?

If i rode at 97kph for 1 hour, it would take 1L of fuel theoretically, so what i said was technically correct...

and yes i know that's completely wrong

not as wrong as accidentally resting your foot on the shifter instead of the footrest and reving the hell out of your bike with no actual power being transferred...

I'll be giving the whole bike a really nice clean on Sunday morning, the toxic yellow dust makes everything filthy

>it's all china's fault we get all this pollution
>but Korea, you have increased your use of coal power plants by 33% a year for 5 years in a row!

Korean a shit, the best Asians I have banged where Chinese or Philippino

Yeah but those were all men

If I get this will you guys make fun of me

Thankfully they only had masculine vaginas

>Korean a shit,
I agree

but the money is quite good here, and it's a very convenient place to live, with shops and food and all that comfortable stuff.

but really it's a lot more china than Japan, and it's a horrible dystopian nightmare with 5 mega-corps battling it out in a country on the verge of rebellion against their rampant corruption

>it's an "old fart thinks the new technology is as unreliable as his 40 year old technology" episode
>it's an "old fart thinks because he can't fix it with a screwdriver it's unreliable" episode

>when you realise you will not see your homeland again for many years

what's the best way to clean a bike?

I'm thinking a microfibre damp cloth

>no it can't fuckface. i am not going to sit in 6th gear pinned at 13k rpm for 45 minutes just to barely keep up with traffic

I do that regularly on a 125 lel.

Frequent chain/oil maintenance and it will keep going forever.

You gotta use your body.

Tell me about boxer engines.

yes

>because he can't fix it with a screwdriver it's unreliable
where is the lie tho

>Bikes aren't for fuel mileage now modern aerodynamic autos exist

Nigga you smoking some dusted indica?

around 40-55 mpg is easy to get on a mid-displacement bike. The Toyota Prius just touches that. Some of the new 250s like Suzukis GW250 get 65 mpg.

Horizontally opposed, usually pretty well balanced. Sounds like shit.
The faulty assumption lies that it even ever needs to be fixed.

It really suits your bike so well!

you have WR nearby
like, in the same city
look for the manlet on a TT

the only ones still making them are BMW, Ural and Honda
BMWs were better in the previous gen, this one has horrible rust and swingarm problems
Urals are shit, as always
Honda only makes them in the goldwing

all are shaft driven, so if you don't like shaft-jacking you're a
shit out of luck

Great engines though no motorcyclist will wave at you if you ride a BMW bike.

still not over that?

t. Rasputin

I'm just trying to imagine the packaging nightmare of a chain drive boxer.

look at the name, that's clearly not rasputin

it was so stupid

I am a danger to myself and others

>The faulty assumption lies that it even ever needs to be fixed.

I do have a 78 cb550 (not cafe'd) but my autismo prevents from knowing if helmets like that are actually cool or if people will snicker at me. Ty for honesty.

How could anyone even see the BMW symbol from across the highway?

It's not about the symbol.

there are belt drive w3 Harleys

R I P
I
P

Hi

>like, in the same city
did he move?

pleb

they go horizontally

false

because you're as wide as the carriageway

is wr even still alive?
it's been ages since he showed up

Maybe he got a girlfriend
>I made my own sides just leave orbit

O I am laffin

Savage

He is still around, but only on Discord

They work
Sound great
Pretty balanced
Nice wind protection

Rude, you know she has feelings too, right?

why does nobody have a fucking luggage rack for a 20 year old bike

Bubble retro helmets are like cafe racers and black trench-coats in the early 00's. They look really cool in pictures or when an actor has one, and maybe you see one in the wild and think it'd be really cool

now remember the guy at school who actually wore a trench-coat, how cool did he actually look?

>just rode 400km down the autobahn
>at about 350km a transporter drives next to me, pointing at my back
>check mirror, backpack wide open
>stop on the emergency lane, everything still in place

wew I need a touring shield and a lock for my backpack

Really made me think

eBay Young blood. Or make your own. Or get a throwover bag and get crafty with bungee cords

Idk man. My big Vtwin gets about the same mpg as my golf. But I'm a pretty conservative rider, so that helps

My fz gets a little over twice the mileage of my Acura and 5 times the mileage of my ferd

ORLY

but where do you sit?

It's a bike, not a couch. You're supposed to ride it, not sit on it.

Anyone here learn to drive a manual car after learning to ride a motorcycle? Did it feel easy or did it take awhile?

>not enjoying mobile couches
Why tho?

yea that's what I did
it made it much easier to learn

I do. That bike isn't one though.

How would you know if it was easier? Learning to drive manual is piss easy even if you didn't ride beforehand.