Daily reminder if you don't use OEM wheels you're a faggot who should kill themselves for using gaudy and...

Daily reminder if you don't use OEM wheels you're a faggot who should kill themselves for using gaudy and non-manufacturer spec.

Manufactures don't necessarily use the best quality. They still have to consider cost. Also saged.

Spoken like a true cuck. Noko.

I´d rather have lighter, wider wheels.

If matching rear and fronts fixes understeer then why would I use OEM

>Daily reminder if you don't use OEM wheels you're a faggot who should kill themselves for using gaudy and non-manufacturer spec

wahhhhh wahh I can't justify or afford spending the money on wheels worth buying, so nobody else should buy them either!!

I'd like to get some new wheels for my car but can't be bothered to learn what all the specifications mean. I go to eBay and there's so many different versions of the same wheel and I'm lost. No idea which one would work with my car.

Basically I stay with OEM wheels because it's the safe choice. Yeah...

You let Jews pick your wheels for you, and he is the cuck?

My stock wheels are trash and heavy.

Nothing wrong with those wheels

Gotta love the OE WRX wheels that people ditch
>16lbs each

All the people posting in here about justifying buying aftermarket wheels: just remember that the resale value of your car, irrefutably, without exception, decreases if you try to sell it with aftermarket wheels. I've never seen a car increase in value because it has non-oem parts on it, unless it's a thirty year old car turned into an actual race or rally car.

A savvy person would keep the factory wheels in the garage or something for future resale. When car shopping, I go out of my way to ignore any car with aftermarket shit on it.

I have C5 wheels on my '99 Camaro. It handles better, accelerates better, and the only reason GM didn't put these wheels on this car to begin with is because they sandbagged the F-bodies to protect the Corvette.

But they're boring tho.

I really dislike this trend of manufacturers using black paint on part of the wheel.
I like them all metal look, or all black but nothing mixed together.

funny you should say that, because I absolutely love it. I think I just enjoy the contrast more than anything. if it was up to me thought, the metal would be painted white and black left in place on the white BRZ.

What about older wheels from the same vehicle

Yep. Honda, Toyota, Kia... They're all doing it and I HATE it. You can have a simple wheel and still make it look good.

steel wheels and aftermarket cheap trims master race

>hurr durr muh heavy wheels
As if you're tracking the car or a good enough driver to notice such a small difference

What is fuel economy faggot

But OEM wheels on all the new cars are heavy low-profile pieces of shit. Muh unsprung weight, you want as little as possible.

Most OEM wheels are garbage.

>don't modify your car the manufacturer knows best hurr

Most aftermarket wheels look less gaudy than the ones in your pic OP. Sage

No they aren't, fuck off.
Fuck off cuck, bump, kys.

>2 buzzwords in a 5 word sentence

Can't counter anyone's argument so you tell people to fuck off and call them cucks. Are you old enough to have a license? Give me one (1) proper reason why all aftermarket wheels are bad.

Is this thread made by the same frothing-at-the-mouth autismo that camps in the honda/toyota generals making paragraph hate posts whenever someone upgrades from 14" OEM wheels to 15" aftermarket?

Someone put this rabid dog out of their misery already so they stop shitting up threads.

pretty sure it is. I guess he's butthurt he can't afford a set of wheels over top of his monthly lease payments

Manufacurers pay lots of money into R&D, aftermarket shit wheels are generally heavier, gaudier, and are less stable. Checkmate. Now kindly GTFO my thread.
Proud to be everything you hate you fucking autsitic faggot cuck.

implying that wheel companies don't invest money into R&D as well. While there are plenty of shitty wheel companies there are also many that make proper wheels. You probably bought some cheap imitation wheels that broke on you after driving over a pothole and are now all butthurt. Make me leave your thread boiyo

What's wrong with aftermarket wheels? Pic related, 17s. Nothing gaudy or niggerish. But I will agree just about 90% of all aftermarket wheels I see are ricer trash.

looks like shit. keep your original wheels.

>wahhhh I can't afford wheels for my 3k Civic because I live paycheck to paycheck working 10 hours a week at McDonalds

Fuck off you fucking shithead. You're on an automotive enthusiast board, go buy a Hyundai sonata or something boring and vanilla to suit your world views.

Put them back on and use them on your next car

Op, you have Germany levels of autism

No, thet but the cheapest shit that rolls and doesn't hurt their mpg target

>we want the cheapest crap weighing x kg with y diameter etc you can give us
>k here your go

this. op eternally btfo

You know how I know you're lying? Because everyone thinks they're OEM wheels and posted it here the other day with some compliments. But I know you need to defend your autistic position so you'll say that regardless.

Anyways I like them and don't care what some fucking loser on Veeky Forums thinks.

not him but I personally don't think it's worth it to buy a set of wheels for a sonata. Save up and buy a car worth putting them on. Or if not buy the wheels and keep them later after you get rid of the Kia, because I'm assuming you don't like it (if you would why would you be here in the first place?)

Thinking about putting some Enkei PF01's on my IS350. I think it looks pretty clean.

Btw... Are these the exact same wheels Infiniti used for the G35, or am I just crazy?

I still have my OEM wheels, for that exact reason. I just like 5 spokes

No roi on the cost of the wheels.

There are nice aftermarket wheels and there are nice OEM wheels.

The cool thing about OEM wheels is that MOST OF THE TIME they are one of a kind - as in they were made one for specific years/trims of a specific car for a particular manufacturer. There might be other ones that look kind of similar or reminiscent, but that's fairly uncommon.

Actually, mixing and matching OEM wheels sometimes is more amusing/fun than just buying aftermarket wheels.

>tfw OEM BBS wheels

rims that perfectly fit the car
5 spoke >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything else

>be poorfag
>make shit thread

Sorry your hubcap covers rolled off bro.

I'd get those for my Kia Optima but the bolt pattern doesn't match.

those wheels look fucking awful and gaudy

shit taste supreme op

Bolt length*

Because OEM wheels look like shit, pic related

Subjective.
Looks fine to me

>that tire thickness
Are they trying to hill climb or some shit?

Taller tires are generally lighter, ride better, are safer, and cheaper.

See what I mean?

Looks just fine.
Probably rides nice too

Proline is king

>safer
>doesn't live his life 1/4 mile at a time

It doesn't look fine, his car looks like it's ready to off road. Looks oddly proportioned. It should be an inch or two bigger to fill the the wheel wells.

The insurance company that just paid to total my car disagrees with you about that.

I disagree

Fuck you, cunt. I live paycheck to paycheck and I can afford wheels and mods just fine.

>Enkei

At least buy something good.

What's wrong with Enkei?

Oh look, it's the OEM wheel cuck. Haven't seen you in a while

not him but they are just cheap ricer wheels

Ricer garbo

Get BBS

Cheap as in build quality? What specifically is wrong with them? And what are some better brands?

Don't listen to these idiots, Enkei is a good brand. Rotas are probably all they could afford

yeah nevermind that record breaking time attack cars use Rotas

theyre both cheapo ricer shit

BBS is trash.
Stick with OEM.

what rotas are those

If both Enkei and BBS are trash, then what's good?

I tend to agree with OP. Most aftermarket wheels look cheap and nasty, especially on older classics. That said, I have the same wheels as OP on my car and within 12 months of buying the car new, the paint had started peeling off them. Mazda agreed to replace the wheels under warranty.

FUCKING AUSTRALIA

Aside from seperate set for track use only, most agreeable thing I've ever read on the internet

There's nothing wrong with Enkei's - they make OEM wheels as well mid-range aftermarket wheels. They judy don't make many (if any) $2000-3000 forged alloys or exotic carbon fiber wheels.

Don't listen to thos retard
Oem manufacturers actually go to bbs to make wheels for their sport cars

BBS is OEM fuckstick. Go shove your attitude up your ass, and go overprice rusted out pieces of trash on craigslist because they're "all original"

Looks good. Fits the car well.
5 spoke a best

I like it

I like my wheels.

>tfw you went from 14x5.5 +45 to 15x8.5 +14

Eat shit OP.

You're allowed to have fun while driving

>cuck for not liking oem wheels

no you are the cuck you stock wheel cuck lmao

>paying for inferior overpriced gaudy shit
>not a cuck
top kek

Because if it oversteers you bought a FWD dick box

My Monte rocks F-body wheels like a G

This is almost as autistic as the Corvette vs R35 image that gets spammed

I'd rather have the original wheels than these ugly pieces of shit. I want to punch the previous owner for putting these on, as well as a bunch of other cosmetic items

why did you pour coolant on your lug nuts

>Buy 1981 x11 Chevy Citation
>OEM Rallye's are 13", previous owner offered to sell me the 15" Cavalier wheels for the cost of the tires he had mounted and balanced for $400
>Quickly found out way the previous owner was rocking ugly wheels
>Literally no tires available for 13" wheels, besides trailer tires
>Forced to buy different wheels

my new used car came with premium alloy OEM rims. so i have OEM that are nicer than 90% of the other people who drive the same car.

>Noko
Do you even know what that means you fucking newfag?