/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #477

''Movie Night'' Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11965358
strawpoll.me/12158769
strawpoll.me/12253094
strawpoll.me/12253109
strawpoll.me/12405766

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
strawpoll.me/12416723
youtube.com/watch?v=cNd4eocq2K0
youtube.com/watch?v=h2Rk-pLgtYE
youtube.com/watch?v=vlUHC9Hswtg
youtube.com/watch?v=5zX4TZmS4jo
youtube.com/watch?v=Ke4yVP7Inl8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

BFFs, Pirates, Partners in Time & Crime & In Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

We did it! All it took was having our hands forcibly tied so we couldn't post images for a few hours.

Max is #1

And then people posted imaginary pictures!

We must cutepost.

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

Lisg, does your hometown have a diner that reminds you of the Two Whales?

Mine does. It's a pretty comfy spot that serves great meals and does all the cooking right behind the bar counter. Me and my friends used to go there to eat off our hangovers.

$10 will get you

>eggs
>bacon
>toast
>hash browns
>baked beans
>coffee

Pretty good deal I think.

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

It was pretty fun. Textual cuteposting is an artform.

There's a few diners around where I live now the best one recently redid their interior and it looks really nice.
Went from kind of a jumbled mess to a consistent color scheme.

>friendly reminder that turning off your game is the confirmed canon ending

Nope, none of those kind here. Some smaller diners, but they are more like snack shacks and concentrate on fast food rather than breakfast.

There's a trucker stop type of restaurant just a few miles away that does serve breakfast, but it resembles a bar more so than a diner.

Why is Victoria so much like Hillary?

She isn't. They're very different, in their strengths and weaknesses.

I'm not the biggest Victoria fan but that is downright insulting.
Victoria's done some bad things but she recognizes it and wants to change to be a better person.

Wonder how many people work at Two Whales. staff can't be that big but it also cannot just be Joyce working everything by herself.
I'd say two or three people whenever it's open.

Though after the storm, once it's rebuilt and reopened as Three Whales, Joyce and David own/run it together and sometimes Chloe waits tables. Maybe they have another person working to help out as well.

>Friendly reminder that Alpha Chloe Price dicksurfed skater bois and launched beta nerds into orbit before she met Rachel then cucked Warren by snatching Max away from another nice guy

It's not cucking when we never had a chance. And I think Chloe kind of overstates her "Boy Toy phase", was probably just one guy but she makes it sound like she was some seductress because Chloe likes to over exaggerate.

strawpoll.me/12416723
strawpoll.me/12416723

You better vote now or bad things will happen.

Funny moment when Max and Chloe stop for a snack at the Diner with this menu on their roadtrip.

I'm sure Chloe has a witty comment lined up like "I'd eat The Caulfield every morning if if could" which makes Max nearly spit out her coffee.

>insulting

I want to Trumptards to leave.

>CTR got buttfucked so badly that they have been relegated to posting on /lisg/
Ouch.

Trumptard posted first.

Obviously I'm just a /lis/ fan that happens to be pro-Hillary, I only responded because Trumptard posted.

>New protagonist but the events of the first season have a huge influence in the story
Voted that. Would be cool and worthwhile for the series to actually establish its lore and have us find out more about the origin of the powers, the supernatural phenomena and magical stuff and everything. It would retroactively improve that aspect of Season 1, and while it's obvious that this stuff was never of prime importance to the story and more there as narrative device, to drive plot and build atmosphere, support narrative themes symbolically and metaphorically, it was a major appeal and selling point, which it would again be for a new season just by virtue of getting fans more interested and invested right off the bat with the prospect of understanding the LiSVerse better.

Likewise, one of the major draws and fuels of the hype behind Season 1 was the speculation regarding the investigation, the mystery and the supernatural, their backgrounds, how it would all play out and together. We were making theories and analyzing every detail and so were other communties. And since it all did lead into pretty much nowhere, nothing really connected with each other or explained, more red herrings than water for them to swim in, I think if they want to get that same hype, have the communities want to explore and analyze and speculate and so on again, they will need to convince people that they actually have a mystery to be figured out, that there is something worth investing time and effort and interest into. And constructing the second season with the premise that it looks to delve into those mysteries and sub/side-plots of the first, would be a way to gain trust again. Which they would then hopefully deliver on.

That said, those things were never that important to me personally, and I knew they were means to an end, to a character-centric, human story. So maybe I'd prefer something entirely new after all, and not another chapter in what would then call the "LiSVerse".

Friendly reminder Max voted for Chloe and Chloe voted for Max

The *only* form of politics allowed on here.
Everything else is uncomfy and belongs on other boards.

Soon we will start seeing warmer weather and then start getting the Spring and Summer art. Then after a few months of that we get to look forward to more comfy Fall/Winter stuff.

BAE > bay!

I'd like to see new characters but still have the events from the previous story have impact. Make the Prescotts villains again and really go into their motivation and actions. Make an interesting antagonist out of Sean or someone else.
Let us see some side characters again or maybe even Max and Chloe during the story. Maybe Max saves the new protagonist and somehow they realize she rewound time.
It unfortunately won't happen though because Dontnod (At least for the time) are done with Max and Chloe, and to continue their story would validate one choice over another or force them to create a third option that then becomes the official story route. Which could be really cool to give Max the ending she and Chloe deserve by using the second season to say "Max found a third option to save both Chloe and the town".

There's also the question of setting. Which I think will be very different from a small town like Arcadia Bay.

Every day.

No, I don't live in America. Though things like this kinda make me want to live over there...

All day

I think it would be interesting to see Nathan and Sean's relationship; having it drift away from people, relationships and personal narrative is absolutely against what the game was.

The sci-fi/mystery elements were just a tool, and taking out Max and Chloe to have the "story" make an impact, is largely uninteresting and misses the point.

I actually want an AU with Max and Chloe in a new setting. It would be a completely different universe from S1, but Max and Chloe would return as the main characters, same personalities, same chemistry, different backgrounds and powers

I think Sean just doesn't care about Nathan. Maybe at some point he did when he was younger, but over time Nathan's instability or business got in the way of their relationship so Sean just kind of wiped his hands clean.
Telling Nathan to calm down, but also hiding him from getting any help because if word got out it would reflect badly on the family. This may even become Sean dumping money on Nathan and Jefferson, hoping the older of the two would fill in for his role as father.

Which of course makes things even worse because that father-figure is a psycho asshole.
Nathan's story is tragic. Even if his own actions were despicable, he really never did have a chance in any of the timelines.
That does not at all excuse what he did to Rachel, Chloe, Kate, and any others though.

Any Nathan songs?

youtube.com/watch?v=cNd4eocq2K0

New cast. Love the S1 cast, but I see no way to continue their story.

Gotta go for a bit.
Stay comfy!

The old cast weren't given a fair sendoff. Why should we assume that a new cast would be treated any better?

Have fun!

There are skinwalkers in those forests!

Look at Max's skinwalker face!

Evening all! Hope you are comfy

You acknowledged that you never had a chance, but still: shut up, Warren.

Because she's done some dubious things, but they pale into insignificance compared to a completely unhinged spaz like Nathan or Trump.

Better yet. The game takes place in Arcadia Bay when the Prescotts first settled in the area. The protagonist stops them from using whatever power they've uncovered. In the end, if the characters makes the right choices, they'll be thrown through a time portal and see into the future: Max and Chloe are kissing below the lighthouse as the sun sets over the bay with no sign of a tornado.

What is Max doing with her right hand?

Saturday is for comfy.

>ywn join Kate and Max's slumber party

Look at their faces and then look inside you. You will see.

You don't have a computer, Samuel. How are you posting?

Actually a change of that magnitude, that far in the past would probably erase Max and Chloe from existence. Haha. ;)

Having it be set in 1910 or so Arcadia, as a sort of origin story on the Prescotts and the Native American themes, could actually be interesting... but it's so not in the spirit of the series, I feel. It's modern and has a quirky charm, and while they've built world and atmosphere really well, the details of it were seriously messed up at times - and that's with modern everyday US, imagine the type of immersion-breaking shit this would translate into if they had to keep things historically accurate and respectful to, say, a past of settler-native-relations and the like.

I am so curious what they've thought up.

WHEN

90's riot girl/punk scene, with Chloe and Max!

Like Gone Home!

>Haha. ;)
NO EMOJI
O

E
M
O
J
I

It could be a coming of age story about a teenager resisting the industrialist Prescotts. The themes of coming of age and taboo relationships could easily be incorporated.

See below:

The plot could follow a young woman hellbent on finding her missing father, who it turns out died while trespassing on Prescott land. She starts having visions. The character could enter a settler/native relationship. Depending on her ethnic background, she could gain her vision powers from a Native American rite, perhaps normally reserved for men, or be gifted the supernatural ability by mistake. The visions could turn into a puzzle side game where incorrect moves grant misinterpretations or obscure portions of the premonitions.

>the details of it were seriously messed up at times

No story is perfect. With a larger budget, they'll have more time and money to spend on research and writing. Their investors will tolerate delays because there's a devoted fan base that continues producing art and fiction based on the characters from the first Season two years after its release. They're guaranteed to turn a profit, which translates into more money.

Chloe and Max take Seattle...Interesting, but only to an extremely niche audience. That'd make a nice Sims-esque game, focusing on their domestic life, but not a graphic adventure like the first season.

Seattle?

Uh, no. 80/90's punk is around Portland, Olympia, and such, unless you actually think 90's = Flannel= Grunge = Seattle. That never actually happened.

Nirvana were from Aberdeen.

I've written out a similar idea in one of these threads as well. I really do think it could work, not least because Season 1 does point to such a past at various points (Native history, Prescott history, Blackwell history).

It's true that research would play a larger role for that setting than it presumably did for the small town high school setting, and I guess we'll see with Vampyr how dontnod generally fares as far as historical accuracy goes. We know their world and atmosphere building is pretty on-point.

Chloe is BAE!

Tastefully lewd, though!

It's very beautiful.

>tfw it actually, physically hurts to think of Max without Chloe or Chloe without Max
Life is Strange, stop. But don't tho.

hnn.

>Leaving love bites on Max's neck.
Everyone's gonna know.

I know.

I almost starved to death after watching the bay ending. I vomitted, and walked around with tears in my eyes for a month. I carved the date I finished Life is Strange into a tree in my backgarden, so I will always know the time and remember the feelings of that month.

It's curious how strong and lasting the hold this game has on some people is. It's a first for me.
Did you ever experience something like it with another game? Did anybody here? I mean I have a book that I go back to every few years, but that's not the same.

Your suffering was beautiful, user, and it made you a better person

Most stories that have great characters, settings, feelings and emotional connections tend to have great and satisfying endings as well. Even if they're tragic, we can say that it was a great journey and we feel fulfilled and satisfied by how it ended.

Life is Strange is like this, except there's no feeling of satisfaction or fulfillment. The game drops everything it was building up to to deliver endings that either contradict everything in the game, or are just confusingly short and uneventful.

That's why we're still here, we weren't given conclusions that live up to all other aspects of the game.

Granted I'm a bit older, but the night I chose Bay I lay awake thinking about how sad it was that Max and Chloe weren't together. The next day my first thoughts were about how the Bay ending wasn't necessary and didn't make sense. I awoke shouting in my head that Chloe didn't need to die and that there should've been a third option.

Not as lewd as...

>pic related.

Building on the unexplored stories in Season 1 will grant closure to the devoted fan base and introduce new gamers to the original themes.

Vampyr looks cool. Accuracy may be off, but they captured the right mood. That's the most important part of fiction. One of my publishers looked through a manuscript of a piece of fiction they eventually bought. I would post the exact quote, but there's a chance I'd identify myself, which could have some poor real life ramifications. Here's a paraphrase, "Scientifically it wouldn't work this way, but...it's a damn cool idea. So, we'll leave it in."

I'm a hardcore Pricefield shipper but I think Max and Chloe story is I don't know if the right word is...done?
With the endings we got it's pretty hard to make a direct sequel without making one or another ending canon. They gave us Max and Chloe so there's nothing preventing them to make similar characters (or even better ones).

>it's pretty hard to make a direct sequel without making one or another ending canon.

Not necessarily. Many television series resolve cliff hangers in the opening minutes of the next season. It's within the realm of possibility that they could summarize a third ending at the beginning with little shenanigans.

Resolving the ending would contradict the executive producer who said that Max and Chloe's adventures were done. That's the only barrier.

That and Michel's imagination.

I mean, Telltale's Walking Dead S2 had 3 extremely different endings, yet they all got resolved at the beginning of S3 (pretty badly, but it happened)

Just make Bae the main plotline. If someone picked Bay, have a montage of Max going through life without Chloe, unable to do so, then jumping through the photo to save Chloe and tell herself to choose Bae at the end of the week, wake up in the new timeline with Chloe alive, boom.

At least, that's the lazy route, but Dontnod always takes the lazy route

I experienced something slightly similar with Ellie and Riley, but nothing like this.

Gone Home hurt me, too.

Funnily, Michel, in this case, it did.

That's nothing, gramps. I was like that every day.

I'd have honestly been fascinated if they'd included an RNG in the bay ending, that if chosen has a high chance of dishing out an even more negative ending (the storm still arrives, Max wakes up in the rape bunker at Jefferson's mercy with no one coming for help). The moral of the story being that you'd chosen to gamble that Chloe's death would fix everything without any real evidence it would do so.

The response from the public would have been really interesting to see, with half the bayfags complaining that they didn't get the same ending as the other half, and that it just wasn't fair.

That makes sense and is probably true for many players, but I was happy with my ending. I only watched the other one weeks later when I came to these threads and it wasn't for another couple of months that I went back to the game and this time stayed.

Maybe I will play Gone Home, I hadn't heard of that.

I heeded the advice of a buddy of mine and turned off the game at the final choice a couple days ago. After watching both endings, I'm happy with the headcannon.

I'll greentext it, since it's a bit long.

> Chloe and Max don't return to Arcadia Bay when Blackwell re-opens, but stay in Portland.
> Kate Marsh contacts Max when she doesn't come back.
> "I'm with my girlfriend in Portland."
> Kate spurns the "devil worshiping hedonists."
> Without high school degrees, they don't find jobs.
> They end up living in Chloe's truck.
> After a few stints in prison, they seek help from their parents.
> Max's parents, mad at her for wasting their money by ditching private school, won't let her stay with Chloe and bring her back to Seattle
> Max's parents blame Chloe for Max's bad behavior and prevent her from contacting Chloe
> Chloe is abandoned once again.
> Joyce, a conservative southern woman, and David, a traditional Republican, send Chloe to conversion therapy in return for paying her debts.
> Kate suggests a clinic run by her church.
> Chloe is raped by multiple male orderlies each day to ungay her.
> Max wakes up.
> "Wowsers. What a horrible dream. Good thing I sacrificed that blue haired dyke to save the town."
> Goes down the hall to suck Warren's morning wood.

>Dontnod makes the Bay ending canon
>Max realise that letting Chloe didn't fix anything and the storm will still hit the town

wtf i love bay ending now

Oh. I forgot a good image to go with it.

>For luck

Poor guy never had a chance.

>It seems that all hope is lost
>The Dark Lord Mychel has summoned a giant tragedy tornado made up of crashed cars, humiliating photographs and bunkers far too expensive to buy for a teenage boy
>He's tied up the people of Arcadia Bay to one side of the train tracks and Chloe to the other
>He asks Max to choose who will get slammed by the tragedy tornado
>He plans to slam both sides of the train tracks anyway
>Suddenly two mysterious costumed adventurers with long fluffy ears fly to the rescue
>The superhero duo huff and they puff and they blow Mychel and his tragedy tornado back to the decadent land of baguettes and berets
>They burn away the restraints on Chloe and the people of Arcadia Bay with their heat vision and then fly away as they receive an enormous cheer
>A great big party is thrown throughout the town
>Max, Chloe, Kate, Lynn and Frank have a private picnic with their animal friends
>Lynn is still ecstatic, wondering who those mysterious saviors were
>Meanwhile Lynn's cuddly companion Dorothy winks at her sister bunny
>Then suddenly to everyone's shock, Horny the goat starts floating in the air
>He's still munching on one of Lisa's leaves as this happens

Hopefully they have rewind powers to turn hella incestuous and go back in time to face a binary choice: live in a world where bunnies eat no carrots or Lisa dies after Max and Warren fuck on top of her then Frank spills beans on her leaves when he gets a turn while Chloe's tears salinate the soil, destroying her chances of regermination.

What lengths will they go to to save Lisa? We'll find out in Season 2 of LiS.

Stop bullying Lisa!

If they were going to keep the endings exactly alike then they should have cut them both to the same length.
Either Max leaves with Chloe, or Max hears the gunshot and the credits roll. People picking Bay did not deserve to get an ending three times as long and that shows an aftermath.

youtube.com/watch?v=h2Rk-pLgtYE

It's Alice who makes the choice.

Don't bully Alice either!

Don't bully anyone except Jefferson and Michel!

Hey you stole this from me when I posted it here!
Good, we need more chromatics

youtube.com/watch?v=vlUHC9Hswtg
youtube.com/watch?v=5zX4TZmS4jo
youtube.com/watch?v=Ke4yVP7Inl8

>LiS thread on /v/
>many people saying that they chose to sacrifice Chloe in a heartbeat
>asked some guys if they would sacrifice a person that they love for some shitty town
>90% said no

oh the hypocrisy...

>LiS thread on /v/

There's your problem partner

It's really a problem.
/v/ got more shiteaters than plebbit

It's not really hypocrisy if they didn't connect with Chloe as if she were a loved one. Sorry but you can't just assume that she has universal appeal for everyone.