What does Veeky Forums think of the classic mini? I own two of them...

What does Veeky Forums think of the classic mini? I own two of them. One is undergoing a 4efte engine conversion and the other is a standard 1275 with Yokohama A008's. I consistently rape much newer cars on mountain passes and twisty b roads? Latest victim was a fiesta ST.

You are doing 4EFTE conversion?
Are you making your own engine wiring harness?

I know nothing about them, but I think they look fantastic.

>I consistently rape much newer cars on mountain passes and twisty b roads?
First off why is this a question? Secondly are these people even racing you or are you just driving past them as they nonchantly continue to drive? Lastly how do you consistently rape them? what's the measure for the raping?

The engine I sourced has the loom and ecu. I am still deciding if im going to use it cause it looks in rough shape. Im only picking up the engine next week.

How are you going to do the mounts with a mini?
Also what are you gonna do about exhaust? Overboosting will be a huge issue. What about the gearing?
How will you fit the tranny from a starlet? How will you match the adapter plate to bellhousing (shaving it?). Also you will need the 220+ mm adapter plate or tranny will not take it well.
I see many problems with this swap... Do you have any experience?

No they are definitely trying. Mountain passes in Cape Town are narrow and very twisty. Minis are not fast but they can carry more speed into bends especially very tight bends. On those specific roads, I managed to beat those cars. Driving a mini is something which should be experienced personally.

you didn't answer my last question desu. also I think they look 10/10 but I don't want one, ever.

They are G O D T I E R. Srsly my No.1 regret is not buying one when they were cheap. Good luck and have a tons of fun OP, you magnificent bastard!

I think they're Hella cool

swap a celica gt-four drivetrain into it.

>fail wheel drive

I think that is all that needs to be said

spoken like a true bench racer

yes ;)

i really like them. Unfortunately they're super expensive in the US, as are honda n600 and n360s. Not much out there for micro-hatches, gotta settle for a civic or rabbit.

its a (really) slow ugly bare bones fwd econobox

there I said even more

fwd econobox is the only correct part of your post

and objectively slow
and objectively bare bones

>all minis are the stock bare bones slow versions

>modified cars
>relevant

you can polish a turd but its still a turd

Why 4EFTE? Can't you put a B series or K series in these?

Anyone crazy enough to drive something that small and unsafe has my respect.
I despise the new 'minis', because they're not fucking mini. They're a maxi if anything.