/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

BugTrap, CTD, freeze or lockup? Find your crash log.

Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name]_log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv

>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw

>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM

>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7

>Common misconceptions about Shadow of Chernobyl game mechanics
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400

>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/

>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat.
Here's a possible fix: mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
hastebin.com/hezoqojore.lua
moddb.com/games/stalker-call-of-pripyat/addons/pripyat-2016-ao31af3an401dynamichud20
moddb.com/mods/mso-massive-simulation-overhaul/downloads/mso-massive-simulation-ovehaul-v101-for-cop1
moddb.com/mods/stalker-com
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrade Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Codebro's 1.0008 Patch for SoC - enter "menu_fps_cap 0" in the console to prevent crashes.
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA

>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous thread

first for freedom

First for International Scientific Group

ooh look at mister hipster man

You mean the International Institute of Extraterrestrial Cultures.

memes

sixth for shitty polish memes

in for waifufags must die

>Dealing with Helicopters as a loner just starting out

what if they all hit him at once with a single makarov shot?

Where can bandits hand in PDAs in CoC?

dark valley

Limpid (the mechanic)

Greetings fellow stalkers! I have been playing CoM for a while now and I have a reverse bounty hunt from when I first got to bar that was a mono up at the radar base. Well it took a decent amount of time to disable the miracle machine and get my psy protection to actually get to kill this guy and now I cant seem to talk to the stalker since he isnt the leader of the squad, so do I have to wait for one of his squad mates to die to talk to him? Its been a week or two in game and they havent come back to the bar. I know the groups wander around, but I'm not 100% sure how a-life works to get him to come back to finish the mission. If it wasnt for turning everyone hostile I would just kill him to get it out of my mission list.

waifus are life

That seems to happen a lot at the Bar. I waited a few days and eventually the guys let me turn in the missions I did for them.

Ok so can I just run around and do whatever until then? Or do I need to stay in the area they are in to get them to move around?

I'm playing Call of Misery, does anyone know how to get through x-18? I took the psi drugs and i have a combat helmet with the psi upgrades and I still die before I can reach the bottom of the stairs at the first door. Should i get the Seva looking helmet?

>playing CoC warfare
>no issue wih FPS
>get to Dead City
>20fps
the fuck? My PC is far from great but I don't really see why this area is causing FPS drops

It's all the NPCs.

kill yourself

WG's RG-6 view model seems to be all fucked up, is it the same way in STCoP?

Take a screenshot.

>Should i get the Seva looking helmet?
yes or ssp-99m suit. having good electric artifacts wouldn't hurt either, they increase your psi resist too

stand in front of the guy, F5 - F9 and talk to him immediately

didn't realise how many there were, after killing a few it shot back up

My CoC .exe is being incorrectly quarantined as a trojan. how to fix?

>incorrectly
That's what Alun wants you to believe

>using anything other than Common Sense 2017

I'm currently using the campfire only saves, but if i changed it back to normal, finished the quest, then changed it back, would it break anything?

I just fucked off and did other missions, and when I passed through Rostok again tried to turn them in.

Ok I'll most likely go for the helmet since its the cheapest, or just go ahead and save up for the seva since thats what I was saving for anyways. Is the heavy seva in CoM? I was under the impression that artifacts were pretty shit in CoM. On top of the weight of the artifact and the container, the containers now drain your battery as well.

I'm getting an error with this script I'm working on and it has something to do with getting a monster's name. I'm pretty sure these are all the relevant bits:

hastebin.com/hezoqojore.lua

I'm pretty sure it's line 18, but I'm not sure what it means when it asks for an "index" for the monster.

All it's missing is a "you see Ivan," caption.

Ok sweet! Good hunting stalker!!

Hind - No Contest!

Unless those guys are equipped with MANPADs (possibly sourced from the CIA containers dropped on Middle East.)

I get that in CoC/CoM too. Could probably be remedied by lowering the position of the whole model, not sure why it needs be floating that high on the screen.

no, I don't think turning it off/on will break anything

there's outfit addon for com which adds heavy seva
you can turn off batery drain in menu. they consume very little anyway, just get 1 additional batter while raiding x18

Fun fact: at least in CoM, turning Campfire Saves on disables the console and unbinds the console key.

Is Call of Chernobyls story mode worth playing? Havent played it and am going in blind. havent played any stalker game in years.

here is a screenshot of mine in WG
aim_hud_offset_pos_16x9 = -0.10955,-0.23635,-0.1

aim_hud_offset_rot_16x9 = -0.3779,0,0

could it possibly be becuase your screen res is 2560x1440? or is that just an upscale thing

was going to repost "waifu" spore so peeps can see it, but it's in the repo already.

Thanks repo user!

Disable antivirus
(Make a disk image, Stalker!)

Sounds plausible. I'll try messing with it. Thanks.

Whats the quickest way to get a sniper rifle in CoM?

I started as an ecofag and already got Heavy Pockets achievement just 9 days into the game (farming all those Monolith fags with just a worn spas12 at the NPP yields shitton of cash).

I've gone all the way to Cordon and back and the only sniper I can find are Worn/Rusty Dragunovs sold by Owl and the Merc dude at dead city but literally nobody sells them with scopes or even the scopes
themselves.

Rank is Excellent/Great

where can I get english translation for CoM STCoP?

Ok thanks man I'll give it try when I get home.
Thats good to know. Can I simply rebind the keys in the options menu? Or does it auto rebind them when you disable it?

I knew about the outfit addon, I just thought it was part of it by default. I'll go for the basic seva then. If the battery drain isnt terrible then I'll just plan ahead. I take a good couple hours in game time to make sure I have everything for the underground labs. I've found its better to be over prepared than under-prepared for those places. I mean agroprom underground is about the only "easy" section and thats only if you know what entrance to take.

You see Ivan when you hold gun like RPG enemy run in fear for thinking its RPG

You have to manually rebind it after you turn off campfire saves. It's stupid.

you should be able to buy scopes from Owl/Merc guy. you can attach PSO to the SVD. high ranked mercs/monolith should have some nato rifles
it was posted on moddb
yeah, it doesn't drain that much at all. I'd say it's on par with PDA drain

Yeah that's pretty stupid, I'll test it once I'm able to.

Wow if it's not that bad then I'll just bring a couple extra batteries then. I was expecting it to be as bad as the lamp in CoPs Misery.

I made it by myself, but thanks user, good hunting to you

In my opinion, NATO weapons with a scope are better than sniper rifles anyways. Doesnt hit as hard and it doesnt zoom in as far, but you get a 30 round clip and semi-auto fire. That really helps when mulitple people are attacking at once, but on the other hand I'm pretty sure the SVT is a good middle ground between assault and sniper weapons. It has a 20 round clip of sniper rounds and if you can get a modern one, they make excellent semi-auto rifles.

>clip

I've been popping bandits in one or two shots with the SKS, if you can get one off a bandit and dump some roubles into repairing it, it's pretty damn good.

not using the hundred round clip

Clip, mag, whatever. The thing that holds the bullets for your shooter.

If its bandits auto shotguns are enough to end the right in seconds.

The SKS is really nice, but its uses a less damaging calibre than the SVT does. SKS is just a slightly lower quality SVT.

Hundred round clip?

Freedom a shit

Modding CoP:

moddb.com/games/stalker-call-of-pripyat/addons/pripyat-2016-ao31af3an401dynamichud20

moddb.com/mods/mso-massive-simulation-overhaul/downloads/mso-massive-simulation-ovehaul-v101-for-cop1

Does anybody think those two will conflict? Should I add anything else? I kinda wish I could use OWR or STCoP instead of AO, but oh well.

Freedom isnt shit, bandit scum is shit!

freedumb and bandits a shit

Praise the monolith.

download them and compare them to find out

Yep.
Monlith fags did drop a sv98 and another one (a Barret i think?) but i was dumb enough to dump them before I started making all that money.

That's right.

I've been using an sg550 with ACOG and AP rounds for most of my gameplay and it does drop exofags with just a burst or two but I need something for when I want to ambush large parties and have to dispatch all them before they can get around and shoot me in the ass.

Anyway, I finally got myself a Saiga and a fully upgraded exo so the sniper can wait.
Time to Foot-Panzer the shit out of those monolith now.

Anything that does anything more complicated than replacing a texture is almost always incompatible. Those two mods are EXTREMELY incompatible.

why tho

What do you mean "why"
They change a ton of the same files
It ain't rocket science

moddb.com/mods/stalker-com

Its pretty much like Shadow of chernobyl
you talk with doc in the swamps go get some documents in the lab disable the miracle machine and brain scorcher etc etc

Are the accurate stat upgrade listings actually accurate? The VSSK's fire-rate upgrade says it's a 5% increase, but it basically doubles the fire rate.

in what

CoC, in this case with WG/STCoP. I remember people saying that CoC shows the actual stat increases in weapon upgrades which is why they all sound so disappointingly useless, like 2% handing or -2% recoil.

But then the 5% fire rate is massive.

What does handling even do? Ive never seen it help with anything.

I think it's how fast your accuracy resets.

Everyone has their one reason. Loners want to help loved ones, bandits want to help themselves. Duty wants the abomination to be destroyed while freedom wants it to live. Ecologists want to study it, CS wants to know how to contain/stop it expanding. Military doesn't want it to exist, while Monolith
are the reason it exists.

There is balance in the Zone.

Zombies and muties/animals want it to continue existing without knowing of the outside world, they don't know any better.

The Zone understands all. You don't understand the Zone.

Good long range weapons are nothing compared to a good shotgun and patience. I like my ranged weapons to be able to take multiple shots from where ever before the enemy knows I'm there. That is my only reason for liking assault rifles over sniper rifles. Shotguns will win every time if you have the patience to wait out your enemy. The only times shottys are at a disatvantage is in a large open areas like the outside of CPP, The stadium, jupiter, zaton, etc. Thats why I carry both depending on where I am at.

Northish (red forest and beyond) = NATO
Southish (bar and south) = Soviet/Pretty much AKs only

Always carry a shotgun.

Tangentially related, but what's with the Russians and subsonic meme ammo?

Heresy, the zone must be purged.

Russians are sneaky little fucks who silence everything. Supersonic bullets break the sound barrier so you always get a crack. If you want it to be quiet you need subsonic ammo.

I agree in a way. The Zone is the most beautiful, hateful, and destructive thing man has created. It is almost its own organism, it feels, it hates, and most importantly it decides. You have no power here, merely a minor influence of a major system. If you sneeze do decide what gets expelled from your body? You don't. Your body decides the best way to keep you healthy, as the Zone decides the best way to keep its self heathy.

I doubt that all the Dutyers want to destroy the zone now

I bet that most people that joins duty is because they lost a friend to a bandit/mutant/mercs when they were once loners

the only dutyers who really hates the zone were the Military soldiers who deserted the army and created duty

He's wrong. Install the bigger mod first, then the Hud and it shouldn't be too fucked up.

I thought it was how fast you can move the weapon around.

Why dont the just nuke the reactor

Some probably for the structure. Others realize the zone is a threat but dont want to destroy it, just contain and fight back.
Why would they do that when you can just up the sensitivity of your mouse. Spend all that time making sure its right then you up the handling and you have to fix the sensitivity again.

>the bigger mod, then the hud
MSO ain't a HUD and the first link is a hell of a lot more than a HUD m8.

The zone has more pros than cons

If the zone happened in real life and Ukraine researched it they would most likely become a superpower (or at least tell the Ruskies to fuck off)

I agree and disagree at the same time. I see how the people hurt by the Zone would want to return the favor, but do they not see that they died for the Zone's own safety? They only sped the process of their own death along mearly by seeking the Zone itself. If they were killed by a human they really only sought their own death by knowing it. They went to the Zone only to profit from it nothing more, the people who sought the Zone itself were the ones who actually benefitted from the experience of being within it.

ay m8.
I didn't trade in my spas until i got the Saiga from some dumb bandit that i fragged in the Red Forest.

The emission that would be sent out would be equal to/greater than the bomb.

Are the real life ballistics anywhere near as bad as they are in STALKER?

I could get these bullets further with a slingshot. They're dropping below the visible area of the scope at reasonable distances.

I agree with simply trying to hold it back, anthing else from the outside would do more damage more than it was worth.