/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Can’t Bottle Spoilers Edition

ATTENTION: Spoilers will start rolling in from now on, so be careful.

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.
Wii U has the GC Zelda HD ports plus NES, SNES, N64, GBA, Wii and DS Virtual Console.

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dwP4WLoJ4bQ
imgur.com/a/TgwYG
youtu.be/8juWkxVnOto?t=105
imgur.com/a/jo0Yn
youtube.com/watch?v=hQwRFG2EmNI
youtube.com/watch?v=d36wUedQmBA
youtube.com/watch?v=Uda-Qjz-SBU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbivore_men
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first got GOAT game

Burn everything.

I WANT TO FUCK FI

Who else got a day off from work on the 3rd just so he can play all day?

Does it count if I'm skipping all my classes?

Who else /noswitchpreorder/ here?

I've never been to a midnight launch before and I honestly don't know how early I should go to whatever store I go to.

Master I have determined that there is an 88% probability postmen will deliver parcels later rather than earlier

Since I haven't pre-ordered a Switch and don't feel like waiting to play I guess I'm just going to get the digital Wii U version.

I hope it isn't too much worse than the Switch version. It's going to feel weird to get a game I'm really hyped for and being excited to finally play it but disappointed that I'm playing an inferior version.

what is my best bet for getting a switch and botw if i didn't preorder?

>mfw Amazon say it'll ship my stuff on match 1st

I really fucking hope they do

>working
>on a friday
Who four 10 hour days here

Daily reminder that Paya is a pure girl.

Two 15 hour days and one 7.5

she's promising to expose herself to you if you play your cards right. I wouldn't call that pure

>mfw Amazon says they'll ship my stuff before April 12th

I'm scared that criminals will be following the delivery truck on March 3rd to steal Switches.

I got a very lucky late preorder from Best Buy but they won't allow me to do a store pickup.

>that dude from the last thread
There are legitimate criticisms/subjective arguments you could make about BotW but it sounds he wants a western style RPG where you make your own character, or at least determine the course of your own story and set your own goals. That's just not what Zelda has ever been and it's not what they were aiming for this time, either.

Don't forget about the Tetraforce:
▲ ▲
▲ ▲

Is possible to sleep for more than 24 hours? I can´t wait.

Personally I'm glad that BotW isn't pretending to be an RPG like Bethesda games do

It's very obvious that Bethesda just wants to make action adventure games but are obligated to have an RPG label and the games suffer for it

So fucking comfy and calm

youtube.com/watch?v=dwP4WLoJ4bQ

I read that the Edge review leaked. Anyone have a link?

>Master I have determined that there is an 88% probability postmen will deliver parcels later rather than earlier
I'll just sleep all morning then and then play the game until 4am.

So how do we think we'll be getting to those islands? Seems like it would get tiring trying to use a raft and korok leaf.

Anyway, this game is definitely comfy. The village music comes to mind.

I couldn't seem to find the actual review, but the end score is apparently a 10.

It's happening, people!

>So how do we think we'll be getting to those islands?

4 upgrades/16 shrines for a doubled stamina wheel. Jump right off the cliff and sail as long as you can, fall in the water and drink a stamina potion, swim the rest.

imgur link because I'm not wsting 4 posts for this imgur.com/a/TgwYG

Yeah man just find a camp fire and wait repeatedly, you only need to wait 10 or 11 times to pass the remaining 126 hours!

Looks like we ended up wasting 5 instead. Good idea though

I'm sure there's a more elegant solution than that but that sounds like a plan

use the power you get from the bird beast. It's even in the edge screenshot

youtu.be/8juWkxVnOto?t=105

D-Does BotW have a portuguese translation? Hold me fellow monkeys.

Really looking forward to playing as a girl(male)

well well so it is.

3 uses. For a supposedly broken ability they're being awfully generous with it

What is this ability? I don't see it in the screenshots, or maybe I'm blind

what do you think the camel power will be?
the icon under the d-pad in the gui. It is referenced into the text

Do you think if enough people complained, they'd patch in a voice/text language option in game instead of having it tied to the system language settings?

Source?

So what do we think all 4 will do?

My guesses:
Birb-creates wind currents in places you specify
Efalant-causes storm to lower temperature and put out fires
lizard-firestorm, decimate your foes
camel-cause a sandstorm that lowers enemy visibility

I haven't a clue. Desert and Camel doesn't bring anything to mind

the source is in the OP
imgur.com/a/jo0Yn

it's from this imgur album imgur.com/a/jo0Yn
A faggot from rebbit is updating it so there are no links. I cannot find the source for this one.
I can see the lizard, but the other don't sound gamebreaking enough. Even the bird sounds more overpowered in the edge article stamina limits too much how much horizontal ground you can cover with the gliderI'm imagiining something more like giving your glider thrusterm so you are uberfast and can control your direction more easily

I meant from what video is it from? Or is it just a pic?

nobody knows

The problem lies in that being so trivial that is literally inexcusable by Nintendo's part. Why the fuck people are supposed to beg for something that should've been there since the start.

And you can only use it three times? Fuck
Who's gonna save these abilities for the fight against Ganon?

I just hope the final boss isn't a joke like in TP

New Gameplay with some jousting with a Blue Bokoblin at 1:50
youtube.com/watch?v=hQwRFG2EmNI

CONFIRMED

I really like the Hinox boss music, feels like DKC

But I',m worried, are bosses the only moments with actual music in the game?

>charging lizafos

holy shit those guys are fast

rip me

Not 3 times ever but 3 times before a heavy cooldown

it fades in and out based on where you are and what you're doing.

Music plays for characters, ambience, villages, indoors, shrines, important locations etc etc

I wanted to see if you could sneak up on top of it's massive gut and steal whatever weapon was dangling from it's necklace

Seems like it's a pretty light sleeper though

Canceled my Wii U Amazon order cause of the delivery thing, how bad do you think the eshop will be?

All I want is Malon and Redeads to be confirmed and I'll die in peace

It'd probably be faster waiting for the Amazon preorder.

Hopefully not too bad.

I didn't pre-order so I'm getting the Wii U digital version as well.

I'm just hoping the Wii U version holds up against the Switch version and isn't an ugly slideshow.

I guess if you had stealth gear/buffs then maybe.

IGN new gameplay. Nohing not seen in screenshot form or in the EDGE article but nice to see it in motion
youtube.com/watch?v=d36wUedQmBA

Everyone's using that red tunic. What buffs does it have? Not in a place where I can watch videos

it has no buffs other than more defence than whatever you're wearing fresh off the Plateau it's just common so easily found or bought

Some people are wearing the top or bottom of the Knight Armour [see pic] but this seems harder to get at least the full set

probably got it from Amiibo drops but who knows

Are stalfos knights in the game or only stal-blins?

Malon isn't in the game right?

youtube.com/watch?v=Uda-Qjz-SBU

Village music is really good

???

I am currently playing through Twilight Princess after just having finished Wind Waker

Why does this game feel so bland? Not that it's bad or anything but it just has an overwhelming sense of mediocrity for a zelda game.

And also I am not a furfag so Midna and the whole wolf mechanic does nothing for me

There are giant Stalfos

Too bad Edge is garbage anyway.

None of the games they've given a 10/10 have deserved it.

I like how they mentioned frame rate problems and still gave it 10/10

Do they not understand what perfect means? Do they grade on a curve that includes ET for Atari?

My main problem with TP is that Midna is the protagonist and Link and Zelda don't matter

To be fair 10/10 doesn't necessarily mean perfect, they might want to give it a 9.7 or whatever but are forced to round up.

The problem is that 10/10 IMPLIES perfection to the reader because the score can't go any higher.

The game will be good regardless but 10/10s are pretty meaningless to me at this point, especially if the review mentions fucking Ocarina.

Why do all women in this game seem so flirty and giggling? What the hell?

>yfw the game is a dream and all the women are just Link's suppressed fantasies

It's social commentary about Japan's herbivore men

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbivore_men

that's how girls act around attractive guys

not like I'd know first hand

TP is just a straight zelda, like OoT. It's pretty much OoT 2. By the books, does stuff fairly solidly, trying to really recreate the OoT formula.

I think it's probably the best 3D zelda, but it's not my favourite.

The boomerang looks so fun. I wonder if you can throw it while shield surfing.

Only the dumb or slutty ones, though.

>not remembering how much pussy link gets in games.

I wouldn't say TP is a bad game. It just kinda sits in the middle of my top Zelda games list. Not awful. Not amazing. Just meh.

>120 shrines
>4 spirit orbs for an upgrade
>4*17=68
>52 spirit orbs remaining
>52/4=13

that's a lot of extra stamina

Do we even know if the max amount of hearts is still 20?

No, 30 hearts

I've definitely seen food that gives you at least a bonus of 8 or more hearts.
So, do we know if this can go past the limit?

in one of gamexplains videos where he walked across the map to see how long it took, somewhere around the northern parts was a giant stalfos/skeleton

it's 30 if both rows are equal which they've always been

What about temporary hearts? Third row?

Well in that case there are either only 3 stamina upgrades or it is impossible to max out both, probably the latter.

there's room for a full row of yellow hearts IMO

>No, 30 hearts
WHY THE FUCK IS NINTENDO FUCKING UP THE FORMULA HOLY SHIT

I hope this game fucking flops

Stamina upgrades add 1/5 of a new circle each, so there's probably 5 max. Either way you end up needing 8 spirit orbs more than we can get to max out both. Chances are you can either get some form of heart/stamina container in game, or there are 8 spirit orbs that can be found outside of shrines.

It's definitely the latter. Basically there needs to be another sources of orbs or Hylia needs to be feeling extra generous with the last upgrade

lose 6 hearts in one shot from the next tier up from the basic grunts still think 20 hearts is enough

Nintendo of Japan insider here. The next home console Zelda is already in the works and is utilizing the BotW engine and many of its assets... and will have have a very interesting gameplay mechanic driving the plot. I can't reveal much more, but I'll leave these clues because I'm just so excited about it: dimensional creature, states, Goldberg machine. Oh and the concept art is really beautiful, too.

How does it feel to be cucked out of full time benefits?
I love Ivena

If DLC has 3 shrines and Dungeons give an orb then that'll max you out. Unfortunately it also screams CUT CONTENT

What the FUCK is the oiut of sinresasing damage if your4 justbgoing to indrase the number of ucking heartgd too ylu god damn mongoloid