/crpg/ - Classic RPG General

Classic RPG General #2 - now upgraded to Weekly Classic RPG General!

Previous thread: A happy place where you can discuss ALL the Cult Classic computer RPGs that aren't popular enough to have their own general!

>Classic RPGs list to discuss includes (but is not limited to), in alphabetical order:

Age of Decadence
Albion
Alpha Protocol
Anachronox
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
Arx Fatalis
the Avernum series
the Baldur's Gate series
the Banner Saga
Darklands
Deus Ex
the Diablo series
the Divinity series
Dragon Age: Origins
Dungeon Rats
the Expedition series
the Fallout series
FTL: Faster Than Light
the Geneforge series
the Gothic series
Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar
the Icewind Dale series
the Jagged Alliance series
King of Dragon Pass
Knights of the Chalice
the Knights of the Old Republic series
the Legend of Grimrock series
Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader
Lords of Xulima
the Might & Magic series
the Neverwinter Nights series
Nox
the Pillars of Eternity series
Planescape: Torment
Risen
the Shadowrun series
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Space Rangers
the System Shock series
The Elder Scrolls series
The Temple of Elemental Evil
T'ranny
the Ultima series
Underrail
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
the Wasteland series
the Witcher series
the Wizardry series
the XCOM series
Xenonauts

>Upcoming Releases

Torment: Tides of Numenera
youtube.com/watch?v=V7QKH891Huc

Less than 60 hours until Numenera is released. Did you pre-order already, or are you waiting for the classic Day #1 purchase? Either way, get it now, since nobody will want to get it once the user reviews are in, ha ha!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QBMwCrrYxkk
twitter.com/GayPimp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pity bump.

Alright, fine, this pupper gets it if you don't say something nice about Grimoire

Never heard of Grimoire before, it looks colorful though. Looks like a really old version of Legend of Grimrock.

Here's a review of Numenera posted on the Codex forums:

youtu.be/QBMwCrrYxkk

Holy shit, did he unironically say "Planetescape Torment"? And pronounced Numenera as Numura?

Why is RPGCodex posting black man reviews

It was posted in the thread, it wasn't actually a post on the main site. But yeah, my bad for posting it, it's not very good.

I'm curious as to why few review copies are sent out for it though. It releases in a couple days and no full reviews. I know it's in early access, but surely someone had to have access to the release build.

Well of course literal Hitlers like RPGCodex won't get a review copy

How does some illiterate fuck like this even get a review copy

Been playing Pillars of Eternity again since the campaign, really enjoying it. Feel like all the balance changes have really helped the game since launch

You mean the fact that they finally had Perception affect Accuracy, which they removed from the Beta times because it made the attribute actually make sense / made it useful?

That, and the small talent changes here and there. Some of the high level abilities are awesome such as Fighter's Charge

>T'ranny
nani?

Man, I think I broke Pillars. My friend told me you are supposed to do white march at level 7 so I went and did it at 6 because I wanted to see the new companions and soulbound stuff. Some parts are really hard and I didn't finish it all the way but going back and doing some of the vanilla content now it's just piss fucking easy, did I fuck up? Feel like I massively overleveled the base game by doing WM and having a few soulbound weapons. I just did Raedric's hold and blew through fucking everything just clicking and autoattacking shit on hard, should I got POTD?

POTD is the only difficult that matters.

Hard is the normal difficulty, so if you metagame on hard, the game is easy. Only PotD requires metagame.

Well I checked and I guess I can't even change to POTD without starting a complete new game. So I guess I am just stuck with piss easy content. I hope the later stuff gets harder, maybe I will just skip endless paths and let WM exp make up for it.

It wont get harder.

Trust me the fights on POTD make the game completely different and actually challenging, but even later content becomes easier.

Its a bit of flaw even Josh addressed on the Pillars two interviews now.

Would dungeon siege make fall into this general?

It's quite shocking that someone actually played that game on Veeky Forums

Well the op mentions Diablo so yeah.

Fun times with the first Dungeon siege, never finished it however.

Why is that? it was my shit when I was in high school
Are you me?

I don't think it was popular

Damn it was good as fuck tho

Since there's no Diablo thread:

>played reaper of souls on
>multiple times
>Did everything the console version had to offer

Is there any reason to get it on PC other than to just play it again?

Hey guys. I've been having the itch to play D2 for years now. I was recently playing Diablo: The Hell mod and saw what they did with Diablo HD and was pretty exciting.

Can anyone recommend me a decent D2 mod that isn't anything like Median XL that changes everything, but more like Diablo The Hell/HD where it's more of a remastered version of the game with increased difficulty? There's so many I don't know where to start

on 360*

Console version? I didn't know Diablo 2 was on the consoles.

If Numenera is a good game, I will cut my dick off

Deal!

Ho

ly

shit

One of the nu-Torment companions is literally voiced by this thing
twitter.com/GayPimp

inXile went truly above and beyond on the retard scale