>Gank spanked:
>1.10 patch notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261608645322016043

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Redacted "Capital Knight" armor set screenshots: imgur.com/wIM6rIJ
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN
Leaked first boss fight (SPOILER): my.mixtape.moe/ldkpad.webm

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1WagY0KJ7dc
youtube.com/watch?v=gT_XxDsW_-0
youtube.com/watch?v=VpHhULNf5rs
youtube.com/watch?v=iDsIStC0hio
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for best dragon

This thread is now blessed by Gravelord Nito and the Pardoners of Velka.

How come you never see someone using Dancer's Swords in PVP?

It's time for me to change that

Dark Souls 2 is the

xth for elite-dark wraith using baby dragon heads as shields

>+5 Scaling D D D D

Ugliest game in the series.

No seriously, why it looks worse than Demon's Souls?

Fight club

fug xDDDD

best kings fields game

no way to maximize its damage in a SL120 build because it scales with 4 stats

Dark Souls 2 had the best NPCs and most coherent questlines

technical downgrades and raped dev time baabbyyyyy
but seriously fuck bamco

That's the most awful opinion I have ever read about Dark Souls II

LOL

Where?

>tfw haven't joined any fcs in weeks

>mandatory boss summons
shitty as fuck
But yeah I liked the NPCs, but I think a lot of it is by virtue of them not fucking killing themselves for no reason.

Vengarl is based.

im not sure about that

Cale fucking sucked and had the most boring quest ever where he just repeats the same line over and over

saulden was a weak carbon copy of cresfallen knight

licia was a weak carbon copy of lautrec

benhart and lucatiel's quests were okay i guess

>Vengarl
Why his set isn't on DS3? Literally everyone weared his helmet

Or, perhaps...

Welp, I'm glad this playthrough is over.
Dark Souls 2's miracles seem to be the worst offenders when it comes to all of them being some variation of "this could be fun, but isn't"

phase 3 friede combos go on for WAY TOO FUCKING LONG

have you done the DLC comrade

>licia was a weak carbon copy of lautrec

how tho? she doesn't help you in boss fights and then later betray you?

her only link with carim is the same as eygons: Which is that everyone from Carim is a bit of an ass.

Anyone want to help me kill wolnir on PS4?

That's because it was at its peak in dark souls 2 before taking what is probably the hardest nerf in the series

>mfw I just realized that the rot in the painted world started all the way back in DS1

I hate most of vanilla dark souls 2, but being summoned as a Mirror Knight minion was one of the most fun experiences I ever had in Souls multiplayer.

Sure have, boss. Have done everything but Frigid Outskirts.
Brume Tower is probably my second favorite location in the franchise design-wise after Ash Lake.

Only if you're too close. She'll stop once you get some distance.

Anyone got any recommendations on ReShades for DS3?

the painting in DaS3 is a different painting tho

>Have done everything but Frigid Outskirts.
you're not missing out on much
who was your favorite boss

So we have two missing daughters of chaos, what do you think ended up happening to them?

Before you say they're the nodes on the Bed of Chaos, neither of those have bodies in their center like where the Witch of Izalith is in the center of the Bed. They would've been mangled bug things, not completely disintegrated nothing.

What happened to them>

>take away yhorms stormruler and wolnirs bracelets but reduce their health by half

y/n???

she closes distance through the whole map in a split second

I think it's a tight spot between Fume Knight and Sir Alonne. It's hard to judge Sir Alonne's boss fight fairly because while it is excellent, the area leading up to it in the Memory of the Old Iron King is just utterly terrible.

They died

no

they're meant to be gimmick fights, their movesets are based around it.

Fume was overrated.

youtube.com/watch?v=1WagY0KJ7dc

every boss was overrated

Killing Sir Alonne without taking any damage makes him kill himself

I thought it was pretty cool.

Here's an alternate idea:
Add an alternate mode to Yhorm's boss fight, where if you have any piece of Catarina equipment equipped as you enter the boss room, he recognizes it as Siegward's equipment and enters a rage mode where he attacks faster, is completely immune to the Stormruler's special attack, but takes a lot more damage.

A bit like Fume Knight's enrage mode if he sees you wearing Velstadt's helmet.

What's your proudest moment so far /dsg/?

>Finally beat Nameless King with no summons only using 3 estus.

i'm suffering from the same dilemma as you
on one hand Alonne's boss room, moveset and theme are far cooler than Fume's
on the other, Fume is a much more engaging fight in general

Sure, if she's not locked into a combo.
Just move the fuck away once she starts going wild and she'll stop to close the gap with a move you can actually dodge and punish.

When I finished the ENB challenge in Dark Souls 1 some time ago, that shit was pure suffering, but it felt so good after finishing it.

>he thinks that's impressive

see

Beating a no summon challenge run

When my 13 year old nephew killed Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff, without estus, the little runt didn't know what estus did, and he could just read the descriptions on items, since he doesn't understand english.

Pic related is the real soul of the pygmy

The "dark soul" is a corruption; the pygmy and all of humanity was branded with a curse, for commiting a great sin. The curse causes one's soul to burn away, leaving it dark and hollow.

This is the same curse enemies inflict in the game, and you dont need to be human to become cursed, which is what happened to artorias.

what is the ENB challenge?

>Using summons in Dark Souls
>Ever
I always try to convince myself that most people don't do that.

My proudest moment was robbed from me by a case of poorly matching hitboxes. It was supposed to be me killing both Pontiff Beasts in the aquifer at the same time.

On my must recent run of 1 I beat Manus and Kalameet first try with 1 or 2 heals each. Not that impressive but I was happy with myself.

>Beating a no summon challenge run

>no summons is a challenge run.

>No summons challenge run.

is the user who was getting his ass kicked by dancer and didn't know shit about how to build in DaS3?

watch this youtube.com/watch?v=gT_XxDsW_-0

just do this, that's how you beat the dancer

you bleed her like a pig with carthus rouge

youtube.com/watch?v=VpHhULNf5rs

Rules.

>#1 You may not level.
>#2 With the exception of rings, you may only use your starting equipment.

>#3 The only Blacksmiths who may Modify your equipment are Andre and Rickert.
>Normal, Raw, Divine, Occult, Magic, and Enchanted are ok.
>Fire and Lightning are NOT allowed.

>#4 You may not use any healing items during a boss battle. Clerics can cast heal with no restrictions.
>#5 You may not enter new covenants. (If you are a knight / cleric, Way of White is allowed.)
>#6 You may not upgrade your pyromancy flame.
>#7 No summons.

Fuck, pic related is the pygmies soul.

> no summon challenge run

>not summoning is a challenge run for some people

This used to considered the default way to complete your first playthrough. How far /dsg/ has fallen.

I always summon npcs if I can

You guys laugh at him, while I was invading in Dragon Belfry most if not every host at the very least two phantoms, some had three. They weren't even ganking. I feel like if you've gotten through the entire game not summoning once you're probably in the top 1 percent of souls players.

What the shit, 4 kangs is pushing my shit in.

I just started NG+ and am at 80 SL, how much of an upgrade did they get???

>summoned Gotthard and Anri for Sulyvahn today because I just couldn't be bothered
Still nearly got nailed.

I've convinced myself that if I have beaten a boss with no deaths on at least one character, then I am well within my rights to summon for it one subsequent characters.

>I feel like if you've gotten through the entire game not summoning once you're probably in the top 1 percent of souls players.
I refuse to believe that.

The dark soul, humanity, is cursed. The curse causes the soul to blot out and slowly rot and burn away, causing the aoul to become "dark". This eventually causes one to go hollow

You're not one to talk, you fucking shitter.

Fuck off.

They scaled down the game massively from what was intended, textures, lighting and all.

Some areas in DS2 actually look really fucking nice and when walking around in the Forest of Fallen Giants I'm almost crying because it's a really good level both in gameplay design and atmosphere and if the rest of the game was up to par I would like DS2 a lot.

DS2's lighting also makes it look really fucking dull because they cut the lighting engine.

In Fotfg the art style of the area was coherent, the level started out with a nice little intro with you following a brook into an overgrown crumbled ruin that lead you deeper into the fortress proper. The environmental decay in the area seemed fairly plausible, the skybox was cool looking and ominous with dark clouds, there was true ambience due to the particle effects in the air and the crows circling around the tower that you can also hear.

The level also features actual physical shortcuts and is mostly based around one bonfire. While the lighting was cut, it had originally pretty clever usage of area lighting and the interior look really good with the torch on hand. The enemy encounters are designed cleverly and the Pursuer was a really fucking neat piece of design.

Am I the only one who likes to beat dancer early then hold off deacons as long as I can to meet them utterly overpowered and just empty the room?

It's fine if you already beat the game once

> I feel like if you've gotten through the entire game not summoning once you're probably in the top 1 percent of souls players.

Check out the soul of aldritch, it's dark and gloomy but look closer. there's a white soul inside of it. The deep blue is meant to be the soul "burning" or being corrupted by deep

Tbh I don't mind summoning my first time through if I really hit a wall, gives me a goal for future playthroughs. But people who summon on their first attempt are shitters.

>Pursuer was a really fucking neat piece of design.

I wish they used him more often, and other bosses too. The Duke's Dear Freja ambush in New Game Plus was pretty cool, wished the other bosses had moments like that.

Don't you think it takes the edge off your victory if you summon? It just doesn't feel as satisfying when summoning.

I have only gotten better.

>what is the ENB challenge?
Playing until you're ready to take on King Allant and then aborting the run, never to finish DeS on camera despite streaming as a day job and saying you love DeS the most out of Soulsborne games. Can you tell that I am salty?

Beating Ludwig.

>aborting the run

Heh

>final DLC boss has 5 phases with full lifebar restoration each time
>he's by far the hardest boss in series, you can't summon help for him or replenish estus between phases
How would you react?

Oh totally, and I do feel a little bad doing it, but then it makes eventually beating them later more satisfying, like I've really improved over my time playing.

How did Team B get away with this?

>tfw I've played up to allant twice now but haven't actually finished him

I didn't even know I was doing the ENB run!

So was actually beating a chalice dungeon.

Fight him until I win, user.

It's a DaS1 reference.

Suck it up.

>never to finish DeS on camera despite streaming as a day job and saying you love DeS the most out of Soulsborne games
But he always said that he likes Dark Souls the most.
>Life bar restoration
This where it fucked up, 5 hp bars is way too much for a souls game. It would be fine if was 5 phases with two hp bars.

As long as he doesn't have a resistance or gimmick that makes him almost impossible for certain builds, I'd say that's a perfect final boss. I want it to be undeniably, extremely challenging.

when have you ever been able to replenish estus between phases?

the no summons would just be a shitter filter, anyone worth their salt does all bosses solo anyway.

I would only wonder how long until a SL1 no dodge, no parry, no block video of him pops up

>the no summons would just be a shitter filter, anyone worth their salt does all bosses solo anyway.
It'd suck pretty fucking hard for people who like to help others through bosses, or people who like to fight a boss multiple times without starting a new character or going into the next cycle.

That just sounds stupid.
If your idea of making something 'hard' is just by making the boss' healthbar super duper long then I question your ability to design videogames, especially if it's coupled with withholding information from the player.

At least if you're giving the boss a fucktonne of health be honest with how much health the boss has.

The majority of the people who play DeS do it solo because there are very few people playing, they want to manipulate their world tendency and there is no NPC summoning.

Usually I'd say no summons, ever, but summoning Tarkus to style on the Iron Golem is something worth seeing, and to do that you have to make it through Sen's while human which is enough of a feat by itself.

>Today I awake up ready to waste hundreds of hours of my time punching the balls of a decrepit man.

youtube.com/watch?v=iDsIStC0hio

>and to do that you have to make it through Sen's while human
wut
There's a bonfire 30s away from his summon sign