Actual car Veeky Forumswners, where do you prefer to get your tires changed?

Actual car Veeky Forumswners, where do you prefer to get your tires changed?

These are the original tires on the car and I've never had to have tires changed before as this is also my first car. I know Walmart does changes but I would rather submerge my car in vaseline than bring it there.

Pic unrelated but maybe in the next month it will be.

Discount tire or Les Schwab

my garage

I use Tire Rack to find a local installer with good reviews and decent price.

I usually take it to the mexican tire shop near my house

You have a mounting machine and a balancer in your garage?

Take the wheels off and bring them to the tire store.
Walmart has entire walls full of tires that are heavily discounted.
Schwab is okay, but they're too by the book a lot of the time.
I learned a lot about how stupid tire stores are when I was searching for american sized tires. Walmart, Costco, Big O, and Discount didn't know what they were.

GS400Guys shop

Avoid wal-mart at all costs. I used to work in a tire shop and we'd fix like 10 of their fuck ups a week.

Also no matter where you end up going please don't buy any cheap fucking chinese tires. If you wan't to spend a fortune at least get a lower priced name brand tire like a General or Hankook.

Is it a civic?
Then drop the keys at Walmart tire center while you go shopping.
Someday you'll be buying very specific tires online and changing them yourself in your garage on a used machine you bought off of Craigslist, but you're obviously not at that stage yet so stop stressing over something trivial.
Its just a tire.
You're car doesnt have a complicated jack point.

kumho is the best cheap tire

*Don't want to spend a fortune*

You do know that you can get both at harbor freight for chips right?
I've got retired professional machines in a trailer waiting for me across the country. A friend sells for snap on and the trade ins just get scrapped.

I run kumhos on everything. Good tire for a decent price.

AT51's are fucking awesome

By a friend.

I've developed a relationship with a shop that will price match any tires I want, and gives me personalized service. If you could swing something like that I'd recommend you do it.

Otherwise I have taken my car to a Discount Tire installation place, and had a good experience. But with any franchise operation, I could have just been located near a good one, and they may generally suck overall.

I change my wheels myself, obviously.
Friend works at the tire store, so I get him to put the new tires on the rims, dispose of the old tires and balance them sometimes.

That's something someone with little tire experience would say.

I have changed tires on my autos probably close to a dozen times but only 3 of those were due to loss of tread. Mostly wheel changes or non-repairable flats.

I can change the wheels I just need new tires

Warehouse clubs like Costco/Sam's/BJ's etc always, always have the best deals when you consider the entire price, including mounting, balancing, rotations and road hazard.

For example, I got my Pirelli P7 P205/50R17's from Sam's Club for $380 out the door. That deal is like a sore peter: you can't beat it.

I went to Canadian Tire, though that might not work for you for obvious reasons

I install and balance tires myself. Perks of working at a Stealership.

I once got some 155/70/13 white wall tires that included free mount and balance, and still did them myself. I trust no one with my shitboxes

Wal-Mart does the job just fine if you can't find a cheaper option

That's a beautiful car user!

Nice slicks you got there

Who cares what a rapist has to say?

This. (Friend's garage, 5 minute drive from home)

Nice road rash

All they're doing is replacing tires, you can bring it to the Wall Market and just check that your lugs are torqued properly afterwards.

Although... I once tried getting snow tires installed at a Wall Market once (in 2008) and they turned me down because my 17"s were too "low profile" for them and they "didn't want the machine to scratch them" lol.

Just take pictures of each wheel before taking it somewhere (with evidence of time and date in the pics) and if they scratch or drop the wheels just show them the evidence and demand replacement or a monetary refund, but there really isn't much that can go wrong. Heck, if you or your family go to a small shop regularly enough just take it there and ask if they'll do it for free.

Also, ~90% of shops you take it to will try to get you to get an alignment - "it's best practice to do this with new tires," "I was looking at your car on the rack and it looks to me like there is negative toe on the front - oh, but we can't check for sure with the machine unless you purchase an alignment." Unless you actually think you need an alignment stay strong and keep saying all you want is for the tires to be swapped - don't even pay for a tire/wheel rotation (it doesn't make sense to do with new tires and you could do this at home in 3 minutes anyway).

> You need all this fancy tech to mount and balance.

GTFO

Well to balance properly yeah, and if you're mounting tires with some slight stretch it really helps to have a machine.

oh they will find a way to fuck it up.

they fucked up a set of alloy wheels i just bought by over torquing the shit out the lug nuts

that was the last time walmart ever touched any of my cars

Fuck man, did they admit fault at least, or did you find out days later?

Air tools and cars do not mix, sorry if this offends any of you anons and I get that if you are a technician they provide immense benefit, but I have seen too much go wrong from their use.

What kind of garbage wheels did you buy that bolts wrecked them

>Focus
>Weeb shit
>Can't mount his own tires
>Texas
All checks out.

lightweight alloys dont like maximum TORQUES bruh

Getting an air compressor and air tools in my workshop is the best investment I've ever made. Getting off rusty suspension shit with an air impact gun is the most satisfying feeling in the world. The difference is I only use it to remove thing, never to put them in. That's why I immediately discount any workshop that uses impact tools to tighten bolts as worthless. It's not a fucking F1 pit stop, you can spend an extra minute tightening shit properly by hand.

I only go to tire shops where I regularly see expensive cars in the lot and no shit head lebbos or bogans working inside
So many horror stories of people in nice cars going to run of the mill tire shops only to get their 600hp rx7 back with the boost controller covered in grease, mixture about to lean the fuck out, and the old tires with 10% tread instead of 40%
Fucking scum ass tire monkeys fuck with your own cars

>Not getting an alignment

You're just gonna have to keep buying new tires

Just get a lifetime alignment deal

My dad's shop that he rarely uses

I do it myself, tire changing machine is a pretty good investment. I change my family and friends' tires. Make a bit of money doing it for others too.

>Using air tools for removal only.
This is perfectly acceptable. [internet bro-fist]

I have a lifetime alignment with another shop actually and it has been totally worth it.

DIY

do them myself

1: pop tire onto rim
2: squirt some jp into the gap
3: toss a match in there
4: watch as *fwoomp* tire is seated
5: finish airing up
6: balance on topilly-do-diddle from china freight

Honestly I got a pretty good deal at BJ's. If you don't want a retail mechanic putting rubbers on your car diy.

I miss you.

Shit, that thing's pretty. Mirin.

Not my wheels ;)

Serious answer though: There is a Firestone store locally that I usually take my stuff to. The guys there realize they are dealing with pricey wheels and such, and take care not to damage them. I suggest finding a chain/local shop like this instead of using walmart or discount tire.

Buy tires from tirerack, ship to house, go to friendly perfection tire down the street. Pay them $85. Go home.

Hard to keep it that way. As many people told me about the curse of the "Bad Luck Club", my little car has been through some shit. A hit and run, a break in, and rare, nearly impossible to find parts.

Sorry to hear it's been rough. Keep up the good work!

I make iron casts of my tire treads when i buy them, that way when i wear them down. I heat them up with a couple blow torches and roll the tire over the cast creating new tread.

You should try it sometime

Thanks for the (you)

>Road force balancing.

No thanks. Use an old 80s model balancer and it gets the same job done. I've only ever RFB'd old supercar rims because the owners were picky as hell.

Although if it's what you like, who am I to criticize.

if i find you i will beat your teeth in with a hammer

>where do you prefer to get your tires changed?
Sam's Club or Les Schwab are both in my area and I go in for tires to both places. They don't over torque. Sam's even lists the torque they used on my bill of sale.

>buy tire changer and bubble balancer for $100
>buy stick on weight
>never have scratched rims again
>perfect balancement all the time

Why do people still spend money to have them fuck up their rims, make poor balancement and put hammered weights outside on their wheels.

>anime weaboo shit hanging from the mirror
God damn you're a faggot