/aog/ - Attorney Online General

Maybe we should just let it end Edition

/aog/ is a place to primarily discuss Attorney Online but also Ace Attorney in general.
Whether you want to talk about your favourite cases, your favourite characters or anything else AA related, it's all welcome here.

>What is Attorney Online?
In short: It's multiplayer Ace Attorney.
AO is a virtual chatroom/courtroom mix which we use to perform improvised AA-like trials, Civil Cases, Class Trials, Jury Cases and more! Choose from a wide selection of AA characters (and guest characters), pick a position (Defence, Prosecution, Judge, Witness, etc.) and dive into a whirlwind of logic, banter, theories and memes.

Come join us on our server:
Attorney Online Vidya (Dedicated)

>The Main Reference Doc (contains AO downloads, rules, FAQs, polls and more):
docs.google.com/document/d/1ihsVxLVarPMPgGcU4W81CQyv3gPkLvS63GK7k0N78Qw/edit?pref=2&pli=1

>AO Quickstart Guide (joining the server, using the client, etc.):
docs.google.com/document/d/1gwg1AVZPlPAFy3aWAW28e9lH1vjIk4d8jOt3mChoy74/edit#

>Gameplay footage?
Streams typically run in the evening, US time. You can also check out recordings of previous cases via lawfuldickish on twitch.

Alternatively, you can look through our Case Archive to find completed documents and recordings of cases:
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Case_Archives

>Archive Initiative (for case recordings)
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1A-2r36taNbZEM5Q3dGVXFIZnc

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1hD8sKXG9_kcGkqPzd55XvEVxU7onRiFRMIoGMkb1aWQ/edit?usp=sharing
pastebin.com/GeWU6HN5
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Friendly reminder that the only way to save our thread is to shitpost.

So first for fuck off [namedrop].

hi everyone i am autism kay :DDD

i will post unfunny memes and talk midcase as steno XDDD

How about promoting conversation that won't lead to cancer? Here's a topic, name an AA character you hate and why. I'll go first.

>Grossberg
Reasons: Shit lawyer, has no trust in his clients, fat, disgusting, memelord in the triology port, corrupt and spineless

*Trilogy

>Pic used as OP
I'm in the big leagues now, boiz.

>Mia
Reasons: Shit lawyer, always gives up, cries at adversity, passive aggressive, stupid.

>tfw ao mia is canon athena

>It's a Names case.

>The only good Mia was a retarded mod in a THICC fetish case.

AO2 inis and everything necessary to use AO2 is in now in the suggestions doc.

Reminder to save your custom inis.

Also I haven't accounted for anything else in the suggestion docs, I think someone else did it so if you are around, please submit it.

>Over a year later and people still can't stop their hate boner for a single player who hasn't played in months.
I don't care if I'm giving you a (You), its sad at this point.

Names cased the other week. He was the defense and gave up.

ebidense?

Anyone got a Shields ini they can pastebin, please?

>It's an Autism Kay leaves the case they were stenoing in to argue about anime case.
>It's a Fascist Marsh joins a case just to flirt with his bench case.

That Marsh is so fucking easy to bait. Just say anything remotely positive about Trump.

You're easy to bait.

Watch.

Verin is a credible person in the community and Names did nothing wrong.

NAMEDROPPING

REEEEEE

STOP NAMEDROPPING

YOU'RE RUINING THIS UNIVERSE

DUDE

HOMO

LMAO

>The defense got penalized for proving a contradiction.

Faggot Marsh is the best judge.

Full context? What was the contradiction about?

Faggot here.
If you want an explanation for that one, one penalty was for the card thing screwing up, and the other was for the bench tripping over themselves so hard that the point was kinda lost.

>Point was lost

But it wasn't, you and the prosecution aren't paying attention at all. That's why you're shitposting on this thread.

It was someone who admitted in ooc they were pretending to be him for cheap laughs.

This community has a shit sense of humor sometimes.

What the actual fuck goes on in this game

It was a hilarious and really fun AAI, it was fucking madness.

Why is Greg in fucking Castle Oblivion there?

this is an exquisite filename

They went into the TV world and ended up there while escaping Greg's shadows.

Can I see this madness from the beginning? I'm a sucker for this kind of bullshit.

Got the doc, but sadly the case wasn't recorded on stream. Doc was fantastically stenoed though. The last witness kind of walled really hard near the end, but the case up to that was amazing.
docs.google.com/document/d/1hD8sKXG9_kcGkqPzd55XvEVxU7onRiFRMIoGMkb1aWQ/edit?usp=sharing

So I downloaded Ao2 and used the 20% bigger ini. But now the text on the chatbox is not displaying. Which option in the ini adjusts the position of the text on the chatbox?

Hello everyone, Inimod here.

As promised the community will have a bit more input for the next update (and the next ones as well ofc). Therefore, this wednesday we will have a testing session on the server where we will together go through the content that will be added, to check for any errors or potential improvements. As of right now, we have no set time other than during wednesday.

The session will last atleast 4-6 hours (maybe more depending on how much content there is) to allow everyone the proper time to check through the content and will be held in the Lounge.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the mod discord or by contacting a Mod or Admin directly.

Hello everyone, Suicidalmod here.

I have question.

Can we let this general fucking die?

>It's a judge ends the case on a guilty because the defense proved the means, opportunity, but not the motive episode
>It's a prosecution says they knew the answer but when asked they say they forgot what it was episode.

>"Haha defense the witness did not admit that he had the intent to kill the victim guess you lose :^)))"

Muh motive is the ultimate case killer.

It is, let me tell you why.

There are two parts of a motive, the motivation, and the intent.

Motive is the reason why they could conceivably commit the crime. Shit like being abused constantly or being fired.

Intent is the mental state of the accused that actually led to the crime being committed. The defense can prove the witness had the motivation to commit the crime, but the intent is virtually impossible to prove because nobody was there to gauge the witness's mental state, they've hid it well enough, and there isn't evidence that can prove their mental state.

Means and opportunity are more important. If the defense proves that the witness is the only one who could have committed the crime, then motive means fuck all because the defendant LITERALLY didn't do it.

One year later and you fucks still don't get this.

last night we had a case where the defence went "fuck the motive, here's proof the witness did it."

What case?

Faggotini here again. If it means anything, I feel bad about that one. Should've given the Not Guilty, but it was all such a blur that BQ's grandstanding pulled me back.

If you change an animation where their frames move at a .02 speed and change it to .03 it makes them move smoother in AO2.

>Blackquill was wrong about literally everything
>Was still smug at the end of the case about the true answer that he forgot.

Rimes is at .03 and he still moves fast. I guess it only works on some ripped characters.

Are there any cases going on right now

>Witness practically walls the whole time
>Lead Def tunnel visions
>Def bench trips over themselves
>Pro bench wants to truthfag but holds off, then forgets what they were going to do anyway
>Judge is so confused by the end that he accidentally does something he normally rails against
>Everyone is tired

I say it's Wit1's fault for trying so hard to crash it.

The lead defense tunnel visioned because they were fucking right and the prosecution's rebuttals were either shitty non-answers, factually wrong statements, or pure conjecture. The judge wasn't paying attention, and the witness was pissed at everyone so much that he decided to wall.

The fact that the trial had to stop every five seconds because some fuckhead had to be corrected by Apollo didn't help.

I will admit that Apollo should not have had to re-explain shit constantly, that was bullshit.

>Apollo objects to the witness getting cleaning supplies and the witness using the vent.
>Uses the detective tasty to prove the witness didn't use the vent and evidence to prove he didn't use any cleaning fluid on the console
>This leads to the revelation that the witness used a table to prop the door open and that he actually went to get chloroform
>Defense gets penalized because LMAO WASTING TIME

pastebin.com/GeWU6HN5

that's looks like it's "message". Looking at my 20% bigger ini, I don't see message anywhere.

>Judge isn't following along but awards the victory to the person who is acting smug
Well, points for RPing correctly, I guess.

>people too busy playing mafia to case

Reminder that mafia is a cancer on this server.

What even is Mafia? I've never given three shits about it to find out.

It's a game where a few people (the mafia) try to secretly kill the rest of the town (the civilians). Every night the mafia kill people, every day the civilians try to figure out who the mafia are and lynch them, and it alternates turns like that until either all the mafia is dead or the mafia equal or outnumber the civilians.

And then there's shit like classes with special powers and yadda yadda. You can look up a game called "Town of Salem" to give you a visual representation of how the game works.

Do the mafia PM each other their identities? How do you even decide that if it stays a secret?

They do PM/Piratepad, yes.

Should I even bother?

These are from the AA Trilogy 3DS sprites. Apparently Mia doesn't have her mouth in-betweens.

A second test.

It looks all right, but I personally dislike the HD trilogy sprites

My main issue with them is that, for characters that are seen a few times (i.e. Young Mia), they didn't put the effort to do the in-betweens for her blink or her talking sprites.

So it looks pretty cheap.

nobody is playing mafia you stupid ignorant dumbass shit

first of all you need 7 people and a GM to start

secondly mafia games last like 1/10th the length of cases so even if someone played mafia once they weren't going to be signed up for your gay fucking caveman case

eat a dick

mafia for life bros

xD

:D

The deadest thread.

>More defined breasts.

Yes please.

Rest in peace, Michigan J. Frog.

We will all dearly miss you.

F

>Poison case actually finishes really nicely

It's a thanksjesus miracle!

bumpu

This should be more widely findable
The lighter music download (in the iced tea update) should also be findable
some mod please put the pastebin in the main doc and the music download as its own link in the downloads doc
also someone other than me please bump, we're 3 threads from archiving

Doc pls, had to leave early.

>The lighter music download (in the iced tea update) should also be findable
Should it? Looking at the download numbers, everyone who wanted it, already has it. It's also been a part of the full download for a while now, so you won't be downloading it twice, or you mightn't need to download it at all.

Same.

It should. If even one person wants the lighter music pack but doesn't know it exists, then what is the harm in putting it on the download page? There are people who come back after several months and download each individual update, either due to poor internet or for other reasons, who don't always read everything in the the Other section. They won't get the compressed music from the full download, and they won't see at the bottom of some random old update.

Bump

Who's the best villain in AA, /aog/?

Not a Badd post, but

>There are people who come back after several months
>download each individual update
>poor internet or for other reasons,
If that's the case, why would this hypothetical person download 1.2GB of music or 600mb of sprites they already have? The average returning player is not Gregory Edgeworth, although granted, I'm sure Gregory players have returned on occasion.

People coming back want to play as quickly as possible. If they have one or two updates to download, they'll download those. If they don't remember what update they're on, or they have a dozen updates to go through, (and we have no version file in our installs, so this is observably the case) then they download the full client and work from there.

>If even one person wants the lighter music pack but doesn't know it exists,
>then what is the harm in putting it on the download page?
Nobody cared who I was until I put on the mask! wanted it or the optimised sprites until I brought them up in the first place, and in the end nobody else actually worked on them. In short, this proves that if they don't know they exist they will not want them. The only type of person who will want it, who does not know it exists, is a new player, and they will download the full download, perhaps after the base game, perhaps before. The harm of linking them is more links in front of new people, that they don't need to get the game running, that might intimidate them.

There's always been a demand for smaller updates, however.

I've asked that if they're put up on that page, it be made very clear that new players don't need to ever download them, and that they're in the full download. The con vastly outweighs the pro in my eyes, and I would prefer that the links were sequestered away in updates, as they are now, if they're going to continue to be available for individual download at all.

Manfred.

Every scene with him has you on edge. He has tons of presence, and it's very immersive.

Verin