>cycle-ergo.com/

Noob? Git gud:

webums with sounds:

Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jQOpswi9Aqc
youtube.com/watch?v=JDsu93esQMc
youtube.com/watch?v=dqSsmvcJ9A8
lanesplitter.jalopnik.com/its-cheaper-to-maintain-a-ducati-than-you-think-1793896003
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_Hayabusa
caferacer.net/forum/attachments/project-builds/8828d1408376579-seeley-honda-cb750-rickman_honda_cr750_picture1.jpg
xlforum.net/
thegsresources.com/_forum/index.php
tampa.craigslist.org/psc/mcy/6057308016.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Early for adv bikes are ghey

Small dual sport a best

Should I get Crash Bars or Center Stand for my ghey bike?

Wich and why?

Centre stand, for ease of maintenance.

I have a long standing dream of moving to Seattle, or at least the general area

we all know it's rain city 8 months out of the year

how much does it affect riding? I'm not talking about comfort, I can (and will) always get rain gear.

I mean in the actual technical aspect. Here in florida I can rip around corners because the roads are hot and dry. Can you still hoon well out in SEA considering the wet pavement most of the time?

Crash bars, because ADV bike riders crash so much they make GSXR brahs look like rossi.

Riding in the rain, day in and day out, no matter how good your rain gear is, is fucking miserable.

Buy a crash guard

>S T I C K Y D U N L O P S editon
How fitting
I just signed up for a California Superbike track day and plan on getting a set of Dunlop Q3's before I go

>crash guard
What are those?

Same shit

I ride through summer storms and hurricanes so it doesn't faze me too much

Yeah but those are warm.

I mean if you're up for it, go for it. I lived in Oregon and rode nonstop for a year and it is genuinely not fun when it is 42 degrees out and it's raining every single day.

the cold's never bothered me, I'm a butcher and they keep the cutting room I work in 50 every day. Sure riding in the cold is another thing, but I've ridden through winter and it's not too bad.

The only thing I could see bothering me is the dreariness but I think I could deal as long as I could ride my bike.

>Can you still hoon well out in SEA considering the wet pavement most of the time?
You can't really hoon too well in the rain. Clutchups often don't work because it just breaks traction, speeding can fuck you over if you need to emergency stop, can't lean as far, etc.

*tips Bell*

And a good day to you gentlemen, is this a place we can talk about vintage motos? I have plenty of cool photos taken with my Canon Mkiii of other builds at latest instagram moto meetup in Brooklyn. There was plenty of delicious cappucinos to drink and fine suits spotted among the gentry.

Care for me to rate your scoots and fits?

>I've ridden through winter and it's not too bad.
In Florida? That's nothing

Our winters are generally around 45-50 so it's around what kit kat said

>ywn have enough money to buy cafe racers and restore them back to how they were
Life shouldn't't be so cruel

Its actually probably one the cheapest things you can do RE: bikes

Our spring is about that, it's often freezing in winter.

Go ahead and move here and join my suffering, you'll want to kill yourself when you see a forecast like this.

Is Portland any better?

Besides buying them upwards of 5k, are old parts that easy to come by

You can get anything on the internet

if you live in a big enough town you should be able to get parts here and there

Probably a bit better. If you want to live in the region but don't want to deal with as much rain you could move to the Oregon High Desert.

Alright then. If you want to, go for it. I'll tell you though it's shitty. It doesn't sound like you care though, so I'll stop beating a dead horse but you've been warned

Florida winter is not the same.

There's nothing there though, and you aren't as close to that awesome Cascade touge

I had to ride when it was 22F to pick up car parts. I wish I had heated gloves at the very least.

>pic related, it's me and my bitch

I see your bitch on a bike, but I dont see you.

>Approaching 1000whp
>Weighs around 500lb
hp/wt ratio: like whoa

youtube.com/watch?v=jQOpswi9Aqc

>Weighs around 500lb

>weighs around 500 lbs

I might have believed 1000 lbs

Why do I like the way the Buell Blast looks? Am I just a giant faggot?

looks like garbage

That looks like a chinese knock off GSmeme00

Perhaps a bit too optimistic... Well I don't know what this specific bike weighs but I would guess 515-535 or so. So yeah around 500 lbs. No?

A stock 1st gen Bus fully wet is what 580 or so? A stock 2nd Gen Bus is about 586 fully wet. That is full stock and full wet...so just accounting for a nearly empty gas tank instead of full will change the weight at approximately 6pounds per gallon on a 5.5gallon tank. So just that alone will drop weight down about 30 pounds. Still think no?

POST BIKES

>tfw got paperwork done for state employment
>collected a letter of recommendation
>looking at houses in Winslow
>novelty plates came in
>went for a ride
>saw a grill who stood me up a couple months ago
>got pulled over for doing 65 in a 35
>got a warning
>went 'sploring
>good day
>might go ride again later tonight

How was your day, /dbt/?

youtube.com/watch?v=JDsu93esQMc

This is the bike they did an ad campaign where they literally crushed them and threw them away. I thought they looked decent enough

There's a mostly disassembled Magna v30 with a running motor in my area for $200, think it's a good deal for a project?

I've been at work for the last 8 hours, doing not much.

>Government employment
Welfare queen pls

Why 1000 do you even ride bruh

>put memeR3 in shop for recall work
>drive car to work for this week
>get a ticket for being in the carpool by myself
After 2 years they finally got me...

if clean title them yup

Still think no?

youtube.com/watch?v=dqSsmvcJ9A8

>disassembled
>running motor

It's a good deal if the motor does run, but I can't help but wonder how it runs if mostly disassembled?

lanesplitter.jalopnik.com/its-cheaper-to-maintain-a-ducati-than-you-think-1793896003

>Been at work for eight hours
>Hasn't been productive

>tfw deep down I want a sportster-engine Buell
iktf bro

>Jalopnik
>>>/reddit/

>Rebuilt carburetor and replaced the float bowl gaskets but it's still dripping gas from the front of the float bowl

FUCK

I've done about 5.5 hours of productive work but it's the beginning of the month and the sales team is cooled off. If they don't make deals I don't have much to do

Why Hardley motor?

Did you seat them correctly or did they slip when tightening them down?

Dat noise and torques

don't get me wrong, I like the 1190 and the 1125 too, and they're obviously better bikes

but there's something gloriously perverse about a Harley-V-twin-powered sportbike. plus muh potato-potato.

How do I get a better job guys

Git gud

Just b urself

Truetrue...Dat double potato

>muh torks

whats wrong with reddit?

Shit's /neat/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_Hayabusa

This shows 550-563wet for 1st and 2nd gen respectively. Still think 1000 and have the doubt vapors?

It's full of retards and children. We're fill of retards and autists here

I'd do centerstand but I don't make a habit of crashing. If do, get crashbars.

Thought I seated them properly, might tear it apart tomorrow to check. Could a stuck float needle valve be causing this issue?

where can you find center stands anyway? All I can seem to find are model-specific 300 dollar stands for harleys. Are there any universal aftermarket ones? My bike's model year is a bit of a unicorn unfortunately

Are you sure gas is coming from the gasket? Because if you seated it, there's a good chance your right and it's pouring out of the vent tube or the barrel itself

Old parts aren't hard and vintage Jap meets are fun. If you can make Barber Vintage it's IMO da best motorcycle event in the US and the museum alone takes a very full day to see.

BTW legit classic Jap cafe machines with custom racing frames like Rickman or Seeley are fine as fuck and major upgrades in handling over their donors. They were the way to get a Jap sportbike before factory Jap sportbikes existed. They are more classic than the donor street machine.

caferacer.net/forum/attachments/project-builds/8828d1408376579-seeley-honda-cb750-rickman_honda_cr750_picture1.jpg

Vent tubes are clear, nothing coming from them. Should I use any fuel resistant gasket dressing or just put the gaskets in as is?

Wish the snow would melt so I could make it to the top of the hill on my meme machine.

If that's the issue it tends to dump fuel out the overflow pipe, but I can see it being possible. Had a stuck needle valve on mine due to shitty chinese replacement parts being oversized and getting jammed half-open.

If its the float itself there's a slim chance you can free it by giving it a tap with a hammer. not likely, but you can do it without stripping carbs. Realistically though, gaskets are consumables, and considering it's got a carburetor, I'm guessing the seals aren't particularly new if you used the old ones.

Is it like a rubber band or what? Post pics. You shouldn't have to

Second for had this happen (stuck float valve causing flooding.). I never used any kind of dressing on the gaskets for what it's worth.

Gaskets were brand new.

They are model specific and are pretty expensive.

Fuck. I severely doubt there are any aftermarket stands for my bike then. Maybe I can look for someone to fabricate one for me

Quads of truth, and you can always build it much, much larger.

xlforum.net/

Just google bike model + center stand.
Maybe you are lucky.

I did previously and sadly, I am not. I'll just nab a milk crate I suppose

You guise do know that Hardley made a proper sportbike right?

Can't pick up an old oem one for a bike that has similar mounting area dimensions and make it work via modifications? Would be relatively cheap would think

NO dressing on carb gaskets. They are meant to swell slightly when exposed to fuel.

Floats shouldn't stick but one way to test without putting da carbs on da engine is to use a dummy tank off the motorcycle. At the shop we leak check rebuilt carbs for a few hours.

Is your Viton tip on the float needle perfect with no ridges, or new? You can hold the carb in operating position without the float bowl then gently move the float through its range of motion to see why it might stick.

Old floats can sink as they lose bouyancy. You can compare with known good floats in a pan of petro. Outdoors, of course...

Check aftermarket units for how they clamp to the frame when looking for examples to copy.

My bike's an '83 GS550e so it's possible the floats themselves... don't.

I use heavy duty pantograph style truck jacks AKA "scissors" jacks pretty often to lift bikes. I usually put down the sidestand then jack under the opposite frame rail.

If you can ever score a J&S or Bulldog motorcycle jack they shit all over the Harbor Freight narrow units (which are still vastly better than nojack).

GS are damn good machines.

Have some resources:

thegsresources.com/_forum/index.php

Great forums and other GS info. Lots of folks have parts and parts bikes too.

they're good tyres and cheap as hell, they're awful in the rain though and they're likely overkill if it's your first track days anyway.

if you're planning on commuting and road riding on the tyres too I'd probably recommend something like the S21.

So if you take a 50kw bike and lower it to 35 does anyone actually check to make sure it matches your license in the UK? (asked in /mo/ and accordingly didn't get an answer)

is buying a bike from a dealer less painful compared to getting cars from dealers?

cuz you can own it within short term and it's all yours. i just really wished it was that simple getting cars but nope they just love to jew the fuck out of you, especially if you look young they'lll take advantage of that shit

It's still the same pain in the ass.

Try getting a personal loan, then you can have the title in hand immediately

we told you not to buy it

tampa.craigslist.org/psc/mcy/6057308016.html

>$4500 OBO

How much can I jew him for?

Already know about GSR forums, they helped a lot when I was having regulator/rectifier issues last fall (The Stator Papers really helped me track down what was wrong.. bad ground coming from the R/R)

I'll do more digging there.

They didnt, they just paid porshe to build an engine for it becuase they cant build a engine that dosent have pushrods and or more than 2 valves per cylinder.

I grew up just down the street from Sunset Motors // T.C. with his triple engine Norton aka Hogslayer:

3k tops

I heard this guy molested some kids that lived across the steet is this true?