Red pill me on the 2002 Honda Jazz. Is it worthy of its praise?

Red pill me on the 2002 Honda Jazz. Is it worthy of its praise?

That depends on what kind of praise you've been hearing about it.

In the U.S. the Fit/Jazz is regarded as a good car in it's segment. Decent driving dynamics and power, lots of room for it's space and size, and reliable.

The US also didn't get the Fit/Jazz until 2007, and they quickly became known for leaking.

>Is it worthy of its praise?
Nope.
Get a first gen Toyota Yaris instead.

i hate incorrect use of the phrase "red pill me on".
Don't do that.

Honda Jazz is a reliable vanilla commuter shitbox with decent standard equipment.

thats it.

All I hear is that it has insane cargo room for its size paired with honda/jap reliability+delicious MPG's.

Yuropoor perspective.

I drive one. Never broken down, 80k miles. Handles alright but main thing is it's practical. Lots of room inside. Decent fuel economy. Goes basically anywhere - I've hauled four boats on the roof, driving through snow on windy Scottish roads without problems. Anything else you need to know?

>The official Asian female car

>Decent driving dynamics
No

>insane cargo room for its size paired with honda/jap reliability+delicious MPG's.
Yes

If you are looking for a small ecobox for daily driving, its the best small ecobox for daily driving.

The fit sucks. A pillars in the way of your view and you WILL almost hit pedestrians because of it.

It is slow as fuck. It is rated to get 31-34 mpg, but if you are driving against the wind, or on an incline, you won't get more than 24 mpg.

Car is kind of twitchy, but I got used to it when I drove mine. But because of that, grooves in the road pull your car to and frow. Wasn't an issue during dry drives, but I've almost lost control at 50 mph during heavy rainfall and don't even fucking touch a Fit if there is snow on the ground.

They are also cheaply made as fuck. When i owned one, I put 5000 miles on it. In that 5000 miles, the dashboard began to rattle, the rear hatch rattle BADLY, and the suspension sounded like it was loose, when it wasn't. On top of that, each generation has transmission issues which you will be fully responsible for.

If you want some A/C, be prepared to lose all hamster power. That's right, no horses were used in the making of this vehicle.

Roll down a window and it rattles like crazy. Then, if you roll down both rear windows, you get a crazy whistle and weird air pressure problem that fucks with your head. I actually do it to the occasional rear passenger just to lol when they bitch about their ears pulsing. It is funny for like 8 seconds till you realize you own that problem.

I sold mine with just 22,000 miles on it. Far too few of miles to be plagued with so many interior issues.

that car is being praised? What the fuck?
Every other car is honda fit in my country i think, it's like the cheapest car after old opels

My older brother has one, he did several travels and never had an issue.
But he makes good money and drives that car, I dont know why he doesnt get a nice coupe or something...

African woman love it round here.

Dont buy it.

Redpill me on what he meant by this

I have a '12 Fit.

Pros:
>tons of cargo space
>Honda reliability
>decent gas mileage
>Great handling and steering, stiff chassis

Cons:
>Front pillars are pretty big, pedestrians or bicyclists can sneak up on you
>120hp for its size is okay for driving around the city, but it's a little weak for freeway travel
>people will shit on your car all the time

>33 mpg is "meh, its decent" fuel economy now
average car gets low 20s, not sure where the fuck you people live where everyone drives a brand new civic or hybrid

Test drove a new manual one and could not be less impressed

I dd an 09 and its my all time favorite shitbox.

Dude what are you on? I get 33mpg with four boats on the roof. Without, I get 40-50. It drives fine in snow and shitty conditions - the problem is either your driving or your tires.

Like, mine has 80000 miles on and I haven't seen any of the issues you supposedly found in 5000. I do agree it's lacking power - you can't go up steep hills without downshifting, but it'll get up them all the same.

The air pressure thing happens in all cars when you open the rear windows. If you open a front window as well it will stop.

It's the perfect daily.
>affordable
>lots of space
>cheap gas and maintenance
I hear there are leak issues in the first gen, but it's really good.

t. Third gen owner

The Scion xA shat all over it in literally every criteria. Both are slow as fuck but at least the xA is built to last nuclear apocalypse.

Good car. Best in segment. Needs more power though. Best to get a Japan or UK built one. The ones going to the USA now are built in Mexico which pisses off me and Trump.

Kind of want to K24 swap a first gen. But of you need a useful small shitbox, this car is for you.

It has odd perceptions outside of the USA. Here it is the smart choice. They seem to trigger people in eurofagland and the UK .

it's beacause they ride the bus.