/rwg/ - Rimworld General

another one Edition

>What is Rimworld?
An early access single player survival simulation game like Dwarf Fortress /dfg/
>How is it different from Dorfort?
Sci-fi setting with good graphics and lewd
>New patch notes
ludeon.com/blog/
>Mods
steamcommunity.com/app/294100/workshop/
nexusmods.com/rimworld
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0

(I'm new, what mods should I get?)
pastebin.com/GFj7rxKK (embed) (embed)

(/rwg/ mods)
pastebin.com/6rzMQNjG (embed) (embed)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=850347623
store.steampowered.com/app/593590
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=872434511
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wowza.
Its really dead, aint it.

We ded, boss. Insects came and ate us all.

rip

putting dwarf fortress in you're general so rim world comes up when people type dwarf fortess.
>disgusting

we've been doing this for about a week and now someone finally notices.
we even put /dfg/ up there so it would show.

How the fug are you faggots so ded?

I dunno, 2 threads before this one was pretty alive, now it seems that everyone left.

Perhaps just a temporary lul in posting?
The last active thread had 126 posters, that should be more than enough to maintain a general, some get by with as little as close to 30.

>Ship nearing 75% completion
>All resources are ready

Do we leave this hell hole behind?

Why are people's base layouts so boringly efficient?

Let everything fuck up and grow organically for a change.

DF player here, is this game fun? Last time I played I loved the UI and graphics since the DF is crappy in this department but there wasn't much content, so I got bored quickly

>abs mod
where

>Everyone is gone except for the guest who was fast asleep when everyone boarded the ship to leave.
>Eerie silence

There was zero planning involved with making this base aside from the initial hole that was made. Never planned on having an enclosed area for solar panels and just enough room to build a ship.

Bedrooms of course have the same general layout, but beyond that, when new rooms were added, I simply cut out a hole I thought was big enough for the room's intended purpose.

>Bug infestations occasionally turning combat on its head, going from defending from the firing line with turrets to grabbing all the assault rifles and shotguns out of the armory and shooting out my own walls to lure them into the corridors

Depends on when you played it last, if it was like A12 or something its got a load more content since then, but if it was recently its probably still the same.
Pick up the hardcore SK modpack if you like DF's autism mixed with Rimworlds art and UI.

THIFF

Calm down, redirect your autism, and explain.
You keep posting this.

Tribal horde vs Auto Turrets

Who wins?

>One of those turrets is a fucking vulcan cannon

>Only 7 people in settlement with a few muffalo
>The entire compound is constantly filthy
>forced to have one person whose only job is cleaning
>They still can't seem to keep up
A lot has changed since last I played before the steam merge, but this has to be the most obnoxious difference I've noticed.

It's finally time, you faggots dragged it on far too long. /rwg/ can rest and recover at last. No more cancer, no more tears, only sleep, until next alpha and it can be reborn healthy and pure.

Good night, /rwg/.

Suffer on you cocksucking faggot.

I wonder why rim world doesnt get much traffic but DF manages to constantly stay alive. Any who. What are the chances this game reaches the depth DF has? I enjoyed the game, but I didnt feel as involved in the world like I do with DF.

How important is load order for mods, it is as annoying as bethesda games, or is it something you can mostly ignore?

Started producing pemmican, recruited a podder Odette (constroctor/miner) and built a nice prison.

And yeah, I fought a psychic ship with EMP mortar and sold the AI, produced over 3000 pemmican.
The last Founder married an animal handler and this is their bedroom...

Bugs were cooked.

This was 100% organic

Hopefully they got enough archers to make the run, otherwise melee'ers will get into its deadzone and kill it.

what exactly is lewd about this game?

The mods.
Look in the pastebin.
also the fact that you can make 16 year old vatgrown sexslaves walk around naked and be some sort of maid.

>500 fucking steel per cryopod for the ship

FUTAMOD WHEN

With:
-male & female reproductive organs (womb & balls}, both applicable on the same pawn
-male & female sexual organs (dick & pussy}, both applicable on the same pawn
-necrophilia & nymphomaniac traits, necrophiliacs getting mood boost from harvested organs from zombies / dead pawns
-pawn thoughts from dick sizes in relationship, masochists getting mood boost from it
-craftable reproductive organs, from balls of steel, wooden and iron dildos to bionic vacuum pussies and golden pleasuresticks
-pawns with ascetic and prostophobe trait prefer and enjoy the low-grade solutions while greedy, prostophile and others the high-grade ones
-sculptable nudes, dildos and wooden horses
-new disease called "futa fever" needing regular treatment in every few days - if futa fever is not treated a new minor break called "stalking" will happen - after multiple minor breaks a major break will make the colonist leave to look for futas elsewhere - futa fever may disappear on its own or after being in a relationship with a futa
-futa dick juice with medicinal properties and as a luxury food ingredient (think of incest jelly but hotter) - may cause "futa fever" if taken regularly - may cause minor non-harmful addiction raising consciousness a little when taking in moderation and decreasing it when overdosed (range is from +10% to -10%)
-unarmed melee attack called "futacockslap" which incapacitates the opponent with a very high chance
-growable dickshroom / cockshroom plant which can be refined into aphrodisiac (effects yet to be determined)
-OPTIONAL: dick graphics for pawns when nude

WE ARE LOOKING FOR CODERS AND ARTISTS FOR THE PROJECT
THE CREATIVE STAFF IS FULL BUT IS ALWAYS OPEN TO DISCUSS NEW IDEAS

What are some good ways to optimize base layout?

Double thick outer walls to keep heat.
Double wide hallways if you've dug into a mountain.

>Double thick outer walls to keep heat.
Assuming this also applies to freezers as well, and for the walls between them and the kitchen.
Does it really do anything though?
>Double wide hallways if you've dug into a mountain.
Does that actually help prevent infestations or is it just to make it easier to deal with them?

centralized comfort prisoner location next to the dining room and human meat fridge

Double thick walls and 2 doors for a freezer makes it way more efficient.

The wide hallways are so you can have 4 people shooting down a hallway instead of 2.

>malaria
>poison ship
>malaria again
>raid
>infection
>psychic ship

all in one week. tribal start

Thrumbo is for cuddles.
I want to breed with them.

Situation is bad.
Very bad.
I was trying to do the same trick with EMP mortar against abother psychic ship, but by bad placement it was exposing mortar operator, so I had a Willy to take the attention by shooting a scyther from wall cover, got one-shotted, he was a lover of Odette.
Before that a ship chunk fell there and I read it may mean mechanoid invasion.
Guess what. It fucking happened. Two centipedes (blaster and minigun( and one scyther
Lost Ray when flanking a scyther.
Thyme, tame worg, died.
Got help from tribe called Alliance of Cai, I called in outlander Ntor and outlander Wareallista, but considering their equipment, they so far managed to take down a centipede.
Ntor fled, Warea are coming.

I strongly consider evacuation, I can use time Warea will buy me, to take supplies AND FUCKING GET THE FUCK OUTA HERE

Well, I kind of forgot that I had two doomsday launchers, so I use the one of worse quality to get rid of the last scyther (it shot the centipede down by itself).

I guess I will have to move anyway, place became to rich and is getting attention and only one person can use guns well, two cannot fight, while rest are meleers.

Multiple doors into rooms to successfully purge any bug menace from multiple angles.

But be careful because yesterday I burned down half my base via insect purge. Did you know that if things are really hot, they just magically ignite on fire? Even if they aren't in the same room?

What is the logic behind a raid coming from the map edges VS a raid from transport pods? I've gotten way more transport pod raids lately and have never really thought about how to defend myself from them.

Mostly irrelevant except for those that require other mods to function, obviously.
If some mods edit the same things the one loaded last will take over, which may or may not break everything. Generally, if a certain load order is needed the mod page tells you.

Why havent you moved the mortar into the base?

Since thread is dying, why not give Oxygen not Included for a try? Transplant Rimworld's combat with DF's chemistry and physics and add in Don't starve's art style and you get ONI.

store.steampowered.com/app/593590

Klei's got good track record with early access but it's still pretty barebones at the moment, about 4-6 hours of content at best.

There should be no logic behind it. In theory the game just chooses randomly between a type of raid and fires it. Different types of raid have different weights, but it's not particularly biased toward any of them, iirc.

Tribals from last night managed to shave more than 50% of the Western Killzone Vulcan's hp off but they were ultimately routed and ran.

I've been letting this run in the background on Extreme difficulty at x3 speed to see what happens.

>Western Vulcan is in close proximity to a Geothermal generator, catastrophic explosion all but inevitable
>Massive battery block in freezer guaranteed to fuel an enormous explosion after one power failure since no one will be present to reset the circuit breakers

It's just a matter of time.

>Fat, worthless, drug addicted sheriff has a mental break and starts eating everything
>Have my thug put the boots to her and arrest her
>Original settler IMMEDIATELY throws a party

Pottery.

That's not the right picture at all

Fucking dead

?

Any tips for a trial start?

How efficient is your base space wise? I've got one full-time cleaner, who seems to usually stay on top of things, excluding those times directly after a bloodbath where they might need a little help catching up. The fringes out near the bunkers might get dusty, but the core sections are always very clean.

I've got 14 colonists, and probably ~40 animals within the base doing hauling and generally roaming (up it to ~60 if you count camels, muffalo, and cattle - they're locked outside though).

Something like this?

How do people do open plan bases? I like the idea, but bottlenecks are brutally effective so I always end up with a boring killbox.

If in a mountain, segmented areas with flammable objects can be useful, as can thermal IED's in these compartments.

Infestations are extremely painful if you can't leverage range or space against the insects. No chance to gun them down as they come to you, and no good opportunity to animal swarm them. You either choose a pawn to take hits on the front, or you let your animals go blow for blow in a corridor. Both bad.

Remedies are either deliberate base lay-out that includes many long wide hallways, or rooms designed to be heat-traps. IED's and flame launchers are great for this. It's about the only use I get out of the launchers. When the fire has done its job, either reinstall a fire-foam thing in the flame room and trigger it, or conventionally fire-fight. Depends on how hot it is / how your heat dissipation is working.

Also, keep armory outside of mountain if possible. Infestation on your armory can fuck you over hard. At the least, you're leaving yourself wide open to accidentally ruining your high quality gear.

>How do people do open plan bases?
Make peace with tribals.

Northern Vulcan went down in a raid, along with two smaller turrets. Amazingly didn't cause a massive explosion.

No replacement colonists yet? It's been two seasons with no pawns, storyteller should have started throwing some your way by now.

Thread on life support

I'm glad that one user convinced me to buy this game, it's fucking awesome.

Well, I didn't know the mortar's range and I wanted some sort of accuracy so I wouldn't use many shells.

Mortars have effectively infinite range, though they do have a minimum range.
Also distance from target doesn't matter, they'll always scatter. Always fire at least 4-6 mortars if you want a decent chance of actually doing any damage.

>always burnout before getting anything cool
What are some common shitter tier things that I might be doing that increase burnout?

bumping a dying general with dumb questions to keep it on life support past its time

>implying burnout management isn't an essential part of engineering fun and ensuring longevity in games
Might be why this generals dying if you don't get that

I've been doing some research and testing, and it is amazing to me how little effort people place into optimizing movement of pawns.

almost 2/3rds of your pawns usable up-time will be spent moving. It's insane!

Does anyone have any ideas for guides on how to optimize movement?

Fuck is wrong with this guy and how do I fix him? He's slow as shit too.

He also had sensory mechanites.

Think it might be the permanent brain damage m8.

>Brain: Permanent gunshot injury
He's fucked. If you have EPOE there are some implants you can install to bring him back to full capacity. Otherwise, dead weight.

Alright thanks

at least hes a psychopath

>Guys why is DOC acting all strange and slow?
>...you do know that he got shot in the head right?

Thanks, I'll try it

I learned about stools-by-workshop method today.
Noicy.

>brain injury

Hmmm... sure I don't know what could cause the slowness...

Yeah it looks a lot of fun, but >early access

wait, I'm already playing an early access game

Sooo...
Everybody are snorting yayo (had to force yayo on teetolater Maddog, who was going bonkers)
Cline and Odette both went berserk and fought each other, Cline had a longsword, but Odette was on yayo at this moment. Fight ended up with Cline going down to pain, but without bleeding, while Odette is standing with both arms cut off and over 400% bleeding, she is about to die in 2 hours. Sort of sad that after lying over 700 years in cryosleep she ended up like this.
I'm getting out here as soon, I cannot handle the psychic drone, because the only good shooter in this shithole of the colony lost left arm, probably to scyther when she had a sniping duel with it.

This feels like Dwarf Fortress at this point.

tf?

what do you want, a download link or something?

tf!

From the Wiki:
>As of Alpha 16 (December 20th, 2016), Luciferium can heal old scars or permanent injuries, as long as the part is not destroyed or missing.

Can anyone download this for me?
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=872434511

tf?

I have to say one thing.
I fucking hate pod loading system.

Maddog was sent to distract manhunting muffalos while other pawns were loading last items to the pods (like second time, on top of that), but he went down due to starvation, so pods unloaded.
Fuck my life.

kek

I would but I got no clue how to find which mod it is, or if how to transfer it from Steam Workshop mod to regular pirate friendly mods.

I put all other 4 colonists into pod room, while loading three of them into pods.
So because they were safe now, I unload the pods and take as much stuff I can now, right?

So I unloaded them and...

TWO OF THEM ENDED UP OUTSIDE THE ROOM WHAT THE FUCK

I sent Lela to distract muffalos, it worked, but she was not fast enough to come back.
I'm down to three colonists and I'm not trying to unload the pods again, they're going like they are.
This is going to suck.

Holy shit man. That is crazy.

Why are you trying to pod out? Does attacking someone with pods ever make sense?

And this how tale of Theshaw ends - littered with corpses and bloodthirsty giant animals and on fire, with it's only sane citizens leaving the boat that once was swimming well, now it's murdered.

Attacking? I'm fucking running away, I'm supposed to go for AI ship.

This is what I have, at least I have cash, drugs, some food and some decent stuff, maybe it won't be that bad.

OK. So you are trying to get on the AI ship to leave the planet? Makes sense.

I have no experience with those pods, so I don't know they really work or if they are worth it to get resources.

speaking of which: how do I get a way to buy plasteel/steel/components easily?

I have a huge economy churning out lavish meals and lolweed but I can't buy anything and it's so slow to just mine mountains to search for it.

>watching LP on youtube when on vidya burnout
>LPer is a complete shitter
>get frustrated
>switch to another LPer
>same again
are there any good rimworld LPs, or is everyone fucking braindead?

Well, I get most of steel from mining exposed veins, you can get some components from mining as well, but for larger amount you have to resort to trading. You can get both from fallen ship parts as well, it's a pretty good source, but if a ship falls, it may mean that mechanoids are about to raid you, at least I heard so.

As for plasteel, apparently you can mine them too, but so far I found no plasteel vein, other sources are trading and mechanoids.

That one can be done by yourself. Find the research project XML and edit baseCost to whatever you want.
I assume that's what the modder did in the first place.

They should be in whatever godforsaken internal folder steam uses for mods, except that instead of folders with the mod's name they'll just have the mod's number as shown in the workshop page. Not too difficult to do if you want to help piratefags.

>at least I heard so
It's bull. No event is ever tied to any other event.

Build comms console and call bulk goods traders for steel and plasteel. Pretty much every trader has components but in limited numbers.
There's a specific type of trade ship that sells 50-60 of them, but good luck with that.
Best bet is to head to the closest outlander village, they also sell them in bulk.

top comf

>that sorted item list on the left
What mod?

that's vanilla, my man
click this