Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Sb-vr2zwopI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder that the concurrent player count for SFV on Steam is inflated.

Is Ogawa the boat poster?

Reminder that babies who want invincible DP, high defense, low damage Street Fighter are Redditfags whose first fighting game was SF4.

Oil would just get on her br**sts if she wore that apron

This is my favorite fighting game character, _____ from ______

Awesome, hollow caricatures that have no appeal besides being a reference to something. I can't wait to play le weeaboo ninja or le cowboy samurai man. Meanwhile, DC characters have decades of rich lore to draw from.

SFV players, including pros, are hostages to the latest iteration of SF because it's the most popular fighting game series. Not because SFV is a good game, or even a good Street Fighter.

>Will never eat dinner wit Avengers and Alters.

They should bring that stage back.

>capeshit
No, thanks.
I don't need social justice in GG.

Remember when goobers abandoned their better game for Xrd just because it was new and not because it was better?

SFV is already a low damage street fighter game compared to like any other SF.

no one liked ggxx. it was a horribly designed game that required players to memorize arbitrary frc timings to be competitive.

t. Void

Play blazblonde.

>forget my combo while playing johnny
>end up doing looping coin mistfiner 4 times in a row
>it only did like 20% damage

I've been playing Guilty Gear since #Reload and I think Xrd is a better Guilty Gear than the XX series. That's even without my former main making it into Xrd. FRC was a pain in the ass and the new mechanics are fun. Also the online lobby system is second only to actually being at the arcade.

Play Cammy's game

reminder that babies that cannot deal with invincible reversals and defensive options are 16er retards whos first fighting game was street fighter jive

true, after they adjust balrog and a few other small things, it will be the lowest

>no birdie figurine
I know that he's ugly, but I just want one company to take the risk because I want that merchandise.

>Latest Batman movie ranked 7 at the box office
>Rank 1 is held by an anime movie about genderbending
L O L

tfw bad execution when playing to the right

how do i fix this?

Xrd brought with it a lot of new players.
Even before it came out if you wanted to play GGXX you were stuck playing against the same laggy russian slayers on #reload netplay because the AC netplay was terrible.

Well, at least it looks cool.

nip shit always does well in nipland. there are like 40 case closed movies and they always smash box office records in japan. shit doesn't mean anything when you take the rest of the world into consideration lmao.

Does Noel show off nearly her entire back to make up for not tits to show off?

I don't think they are bad as Marvel.

Your Name is #1 Worldwide you dumbass

>birdie figurine
I'm so sorry....

I know that its never gonna happen unless I commission it.

ogawa fills my timeline with the lewdest shit, I wouldn't be surprised

Xrd netplay is way better than XX (lobbies, input buffer, no FRC)

the game is arguably better overall too, the RC system is extremely clever and intuitive, you can pick up a new character and do fun stuff.

very little is lost from XX, it's even the same speed (startups and hitstop are identical) just about everyone was satisfied with it. best sequel we could possibly have got desu.

Hold the fucking phone, since when can you link Karin's V trigger overhead into her bnb ?

Why was I not aware of this ?

Why is /fgg/ so dead today

Everyone is busy playing doa.

Eagerly awaiting Kolin

Realistically how long is it gonna be before someone releases a mod to make the nostalgia costume her default costume?
I refuse to spend any money past my initial purchase on SFV

if you mean the overhead rekka into jab tenko its not a link its a reset

so close now
akuma nostalgia costume took two days

>Why was I not aware of this ?

because you've been living under a rock

xx reload lobbies were better for lower player counts. it listed literally everyone playing.

xrd balance is better and yeah the rc system is much better than frcs, but i still wish the slowdown wasn't there, and instead we got frcs with much bigger windows.

youtube.com/watch?v=Sb-vr2zwopI

at 1.20 I'm not crazy it does combo right ?

it's almost 5 AM i don't want to sit through 5 loading screens just to try it out myself.

the rekka overhead is +4 on hit

Was it always like that or is this since season 2 ?

All xrd is missing is Zappa and ABA for maximum meme mechanics.

remix 2.0 is unrionically a better game than SFV

>3-day long combos
yawn

always

>inflitration meets a girl
>knows her for six months
>gets married

jesus what a fucking idiot

But Testament? How am I supposed to play this game when I can't litter the screen with obnoxious nets and trees? I also miss hearing GIRAVEDEEGER as I YOLO across the screen.

Okay so I'm just a huge retard then.

Good night.

thats not even a long combo compared to shitty anime games though

you're not a retard, anonymous. believe in yourself

Xrd combos actually aren't that long without some tricky reset shit. Part of the reason GG has always been the most tolerable anime game.

I'm just thinking of all those times I got a hit out of the rekka and just stopped there thinking "yup that's fine, that was a good rekka"

Wait isn't Civil War the top grossing last year?

Testament is fine. I also accept that he's more likely to come back first before ABA.

I just miss Raoh and Goku Morohah.

>tfw no zappa in Xrd

I like to pretend it's because they have to figure out a new pose and fighting style to go with new lore

I am still upset that KOF14 isn't popular.

Yes it is but I was talking about 2017

Why?
Just play it with people who want to play it.
You don't need the approval of the twitch kids to enjoy a videogame.

New Bloody Roar when?

My nigga.

Also, why is Bedman the most fun XRD character?

He was retconned? I'm not too familiar with his backstory.

No, he just got his shit figured out with his spooky ghosts and is now a paranormal investigator for the gubment

man I wish I could play him, his air dash is just really hard to pull off on a dime for me

Pachi mentioned they might rework the spirits. I wouldn't mind seeing new ones. I'll miss his old neutral sprite though.

Deja Vu setups are a blessing. Wish I wasn't so bad with him right now.

lmao just play marvel nigga like wtf hahahaahha

is axl good beginner char

>How am I supposed to play this game when I can't litter the screen with obnoxious nets and trees?

Everyone with personality or interesting posts has been run off anyway

Gotta love trapping people with Deja Vus in the corner

Sort of. I would actually say there are no "bad" beginner characters provided you are willing to put in the effort to learn hard execution with characters like Johnny and Zato. Every character will teach you something different about the game, with some being more widely applicable than others.

Axl isn't nearly as rushdown as most other characters, which is where he fails as a newbie character. On the other hand, he is forced to play neutral very consciously, and he's not very hard execution-wise.

The most important thing is that you like the character (and don't mind losing ten million times to people better than you.)

not true i'm still here

I hate anime

I'll never forget you user

I want to milk Jago's mantits

Not really, he requires a bit more matchup knowledge than most other characters. You've got to play him in a range of different ways depending on who he's fighting. And his normals can combo into each other, but you've got to know how and when to get the right angles. He's a good character but requires a little work.

>tfw have neither
why am i still allowed to live? to have a punching bag for other people to use?

Arcades dying is a good thing. Paying for each game is stupid.

blazblue is better than gg

What do i do after blocking Cammys vtrigger dive kick?

>Throwing a bait into these dead waters

delte gmae play differnt wun

Yes and no. Axl isn't too hard execution-wise. However, reading the opponent and knowing the placement/timing of his normals are what make him a little more complicated. Stick with him if you are interested.

Play KoF

Whatever floats your boat. I prefer GG's style, which reminds me of older animes like Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, and JoJO to BB's style, which reminds me of modern garbage like Sword Art Online. The Rock and Heavy Metal motifs also make it seem a little less weeaboo, even if it is still pretty weeaboo.

how good at fighting games do I have to be before SFV stops being fun

It stops when you make a /r/kappa account.

the eleague list is.... interesting to say the least

You don't need to be good at fighting games. It stops when you find something more fun.

Once you get used to... well pretty much any other game (even older SFs), SFV just feels dull.

nah

>PR Balrog
>Snake Eyes
>Gootecks
>Gllty
really fires off those neurons

I don't like seeing Xian group with the trash in blue. I hope he shows some results this season.

SFV is to fighting games what automatic cars are to motorized transportation.

SFV is to fighting games as go-carts are to motorized transportation

SF4 is AT, SFV is public transit

can someone give me some sol knockdown setplay