991 Carerra 911

Can I get a quick rundown on Carerra 911's of the 991 type?

I am thinking about taking one a used one out for a test drive (Carerra S).

Bad idea or ok idea?

>I can't afford it so it's bad
>It's new so it's bad
Very good car if not legendary, just get it about 3-4 years old to avoid most of the depreciation while still keeping factory warranties

Thanks, im trying to check some youtube videos on it as well.

997 is better in every way faggot

Carrera
I haven't driven a 991, only one 997 c2s and two 996es. I'm wondering why you came to the conclusion that 997 > 991 because every article and video I've ever read and seen has stated otherwise

More power and faster sure but it's bigger and has worse steering.

This is your daily reminder that the mid-engine layout of the Cayman is far superior than the 911 and the only reason little brother doesnt get the bigger engines is because Porsche is afraid it will cannibalize the 911s

and the 911 is only the most popular due to its extreme meme status as an iconic sports car

Real ass niggas have driven both and know that the two "seats" are a waste of precious floor space

>If I say things with no support then it's true
Basically this, Porsche literally started the "the cayman/boxster isn't a REAL Porsche" meme to sell more 911s. That said, the 911 is still great

Now we wait for the neighborhood Porsche hater to post photos of burning 911s
fucking this
if porsche stopped gimping the cayman it'd ravage the 911s tight anus

I dont understand why anyone would get a Carrera

Just save up a little more and buy a GT3. Carreras are a fucking meme unless you're 50.

>a little more

its a ton more lmao

Because they actually want to drive their cars on roads and not tracks?

Go get your license so you can drive them before talking about them

The entire premise of the 911 is it being a DDable supercar whereas the GT3 is a harsh track car; it's reasonable if people don't want to pay an extra 55% ($60,000) for something they'll rarely even get a chance to drive when they could pay far less and have a great supercar DD, does this really need to be explained?

Sorry, $53,000. For reference, the price difference between the two cars could buy you a brand new M2 or Cayman

if you cant afford a 130k car then dont get a 911

if your budget is 70k max dont get a fucking porsche, get a c63 or something with even an ounce of excitement

Wait , so if you dont want to pay 110k for new, dont get it at all?

Why the fuck would you spend more money on a car you can only drive a few days a year?

You post reeks of poorfaggotry, of someone who doesn't know how money works

you're an idiot. you dont have to track a gt3 just because you own one. a gt3 is the most youthful looking 911. track a gt3rs, fine, but fuck off with making gt3 owners track their car

its like an ///amg or ///m but for porsche. its DDable you mong. it just happens to have performance too. There are many GT3s from 2015 with 10k miles. You're an idiot

Okay, then enjoy your fucking Carrera for 70k because youre too poor to upgrade your car. Your choice not mine

>I've never driven a Porsche: The Post

If you put half the effort that you spent shitposting in here into doing actual research you'd realize how much of a fucking moron you are.

I kind of want a porsche one day
What is cheap and stylish and would compare to / be in competition with a bmwm4 or Shelby gt350r
I don't care so much about uber expensive interior with patented leather and shit
Just fun to drive and looks nice and is unique and can look professional at work
Sadly can't have a Shelby or any fun colors as a result

It's funny how almost everything wrong with this board is condensed into this one stupid post

nice response

my dads friend has a 918 that i drove and even though my dad hates porsche, he let me test drive a gt4 when my past car broke

I think I know more than poor faggots like you and who only resort to saying I "shitpost"

Enjoy your 70k Carrera though when there are so many better cars lmao

Which car is better for that price?

M cars and amg trims are bitch spec compared to a gt3.. Which is an honest track ready vehicle, unlike those glorified interstate rockets from bmw or merc

Why do you feel the need to lie on the internet?

nice response

lol just save and buy a Koenigsegg Agera.

My dad is Christian von Koenigsegg and let me test drive an Agera when my past car broke. I think I know more than poor faggots like you and who only resort to saying I "shitpost"

Enjoy your 140k track toy though when there are so many better cars lmao

he's a faggot. I'm buying a 991.1 Carrera S soon. great car for the money if you want naturally aspirated.

You're either responding to bait or the world's saltiest retard, either way don't engage him

the 918 is retarded, obviously the gt4

i like how you're trying to "quiz" me when all I have said are true statements. Veeky Forums is just mad because I speak the truth and the truth upsets poorfags

1. you can daily drive the gt3
2. dont get a Carrera unless youre 50. Spend your 70k on an actually youthful and attractive car than a fucking Carrera
----a. if you really want a porsche and cant afford an extra 40k for a gt3 then fine, enjoy being known as 25 year old "Cody with the Carrera"

Nice man, anything to keep an eye out on these types of cars?

I seriously hope for your sake you're just a convincing troll

I haven't heard of anything major. I'm mostly relying on having some years of warranty left since I'm buying a newer one.

looool I love upsetting butthurt poorfags, I will laugh when OP buys his Carrera and everyone laughs at the cuck for spending 70k on a midlife crisis car

The absolute MADMAN is going to do it!! He's going to buy a 911 even though the stoop for the GT3 is too much! Now THAT is classic Veeky Forums buying cars they cant afford, and absolutely retarded ones too!

you guys are retarded and I will laugh with all my friends at anyone under 25 stepping out of a Carrera

"youre a troll"

"bait"

"hes a faggot"

"youre shitposting"

Have you cucks just realized maybe you have autism and can't actually prove me wrong? Same retards who said you couldnt DD a GT3

There he is, he is right on time

you autist I'm going for the S because that's the kind of car I want. not the base and not the GTS and certainly not the GT3. I'm sure the GT3 is a great track car but it's too boy racer for a DD. Also I'm not under 25.

What year are you looking at?

This. GT3 looks too fast and furious honda edgy.

>poorfag

My dad works for nintendo and owns a 919 hybrid

okay if youre over 30 i guess its fine

its still a cuck car really since you're not going all the way. For example; with Mercedes and BMW then you get the M or AMG. With getting a "Carrera S" instead of a "Carrera" you're really only cucking yourself out of more money. It's like you're too poor for a C63 or M3 but too "car enthusiast" for a C300 or 328i so you settle with a C450 or 338i

This will offend the nerds on Veeky Forums but its true.

Except you're wrong, you God damn teenager

Truth hurts, huh William?

^^^old person name like you in your Carrera lol

Fuck off back to meme throttle

Is it not true though? Would you not get a GT3 if you could afford one? And are you really just getting a Carrera S because of "muh .1 faster 0-60" or is it just so you don't look like a clown in a base Cerrara? Be honest here buddy

I'd only get a GT3 if it were going to be my dedicated track car or occasional weekend car, and even then I'd rather get a replica GT40

Have you ever driven a GT3? It's not a car you want to drove on the roads, fucking AC and the radio are optional get that through your thick skull

I dont want to look like a giant fast/furious meme faggot driving around town with a GT3

not that guy

but dont you understand how much these cars cost?
buying track cars is the white man's version of hood rich.

completely superfluous in age of all-day traffic, restrictive speed limits, and garbage roads (pot holes galore in many cities)

take even modern STOCK $40k camaros -- they're hitting 0-60 from a deadstop in less than 4.0 seconds -- that was unreal to behold just a decade ago and really only was possible on motorbikes or supercars.

buying too much car, like a GT3, is going to be a mistake for anyone who's not a multimillionaire. it's not always about "afford" it's also about fit for purpose and philosophy of use.

also, no one's going to snub a carrera in real life without looking like an idiot. a ten year old 911 is fucking $25-30k+, more expensive than brand NEW cars people save and scrimp pennies to afford

>you guys are retarded and I will laugh with all my friends at anyone under 25 stepping out of a Carrera

explain.

what do you and your """friends""" drive?

>There are many GT3s from 2015 with 10k miles.

why do you think that is?

I'll tell you why:
ALL THAT POWER AND:
>speeding tickets
>traffic around the clock means you never get to use all of it
>having literally everyone around you at work and in your personal automatically assume you have a small penis

If I told you you wouldn't believe me so I won't say.

>replica
say no more senpai

>fucking AC and the radio are optional get that through your thick skull
They're no charger options. Some people dont want the extra weight; just because some track it doesnt mean it cant be DD. As shown by sales, 2 year old GT3s are selling with 10, 15k miles

But you do in your Carrera? Okay buddy. Better car != "fast/furious meme faggot", child

We're not talking about a GT3RS here. A pleb GT3. To put this in perspective, OP's Porsche Carrera S is about 100k new, if OP cannot afford to buy his car new he probably shouldnt buy it used. I'm all for a better deal, but if you start crying over the price of a GT3 when they're almost the same price as your car but new then your driving a car out of your price range

No one's crying over the price of a GT3, you mongoloid, the issue is that it's not a very friendly car to drive on the roads

Go get you license before posting here

>"no ones crying over the price!!!!!"
maybe you should stick to memes and ad hominems like the rest of the brain dead retards on your side lol

Well they're not wrong either

Stop being 12

Cayman sounds too much like gayman tho, may as well get a Miata.

>Cayman sounds too much like gayman

this is the only reason I am getting a 911 over cayman

This, I also stopped locking my doors because lock sounds like cock and only a faggot would touch those.

Question, why not the GTS?

The name Cayman is derived from the crocodilian Caiman. Fun fact: Porsche adopted 4 crocs at their local zoo when they first released the Cayman

Go hit puberty

Considering the new 911 RSR had a RMR layout instead of RR, I speculate that it's a matter of time before there will be a limited production run of streetlegal RSR's which gain status as the ultimate sports car.

Unfortunately the cayman GT4 was so fucked by its gearing

>he doesn't like jamming his key into his car's doorpussy

To be fair, a GT3 holds insane resale. Its one of the cars that actually makes sense to buy new.

>tfw will never afford a 911 GT3 RS 4.0 in my lifetime

The price difference between a plain model or S and the GTS is almost like another brand new car.