Ancient Greeks and Ancient Romans were gay!

>Ancient Greeks and Ancient Romans were gay!

Is there literally a more retarded thing someone can say?

Is there anything Veeky Forums related you heard someone say that triggered you so much that you just stopped discussing things with that person and never talked to them again?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elagabalus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They were though

were they?

Wouldn't the Romans and Greeks have been bisexual if anything?

>Is there anything Veeky Forums related you heard someone say that triggered you so much that you just stopped discussing things with that person and never talked to them again?

>Sumerian is just really old tamil without any mixture of sanskrit words.

Only n!ggers who have an obsession with we wuz kangz and shiet in Ancient Egypt and millennials who studied under cultural Marxism believe this.

The most educated liberal can't tell the difference between a primary source and a gay romance novel

And it doesn't help that wikipedia let pedophile edit their fantasy on the website

How is that incorrect though? I am genuinely curious.

Not all of them were gay, of course, but it's obvious homosexuality was a thing back then.

Yeah

Greeks and Romans were gay though, and they built the greatest civilization that humanity has ever seen. Proof that homosexuals > heterosexuals.

No. What people fail to realize is that we can't talk about 'homosexuality' in the ancient times because being gay didn't exist (as a person's identity or sexual orientation) back then.

>being gay didn't exist (as a person's identity or sexual orientation) back then.
Only we kept such concept for longer . . .

>Is there literally a more retarded thing someone can say?

Sure. My personal favorite is

>If Hitler hadn't done X, Germany would have won the war!

>Is there anything Veeky Forums related you heard someone say that triggered you so much that you just stopped discussing things with that person and never talked to them again?

No, my usual reaction to idiocy like that is to fly off the handle and make post after post about how stupid the other guy is. I once made a 12-parter trashing a moron concerning stuff leading up to the Battle of Hastings. I'm not exactly proud of it.

Fucking your friend wasn't homosexual to the Greeks, and pure homosexuality i.e. not having a family was considered absolutely degenerate and worthy of ostracism. It was a man's duty to get a wife and have lots of kids. This isn't up for debate - the oikos was the central tenet of Greek society, and if you didn't uphold it you were basically a fucking Persian.

I don't know anything about Romans though, nor do I care about them, but I'm pretty sure they weren't gay either.

Greeks and Romans were pretty gay, but not as gay as OP.

>just stopped discussing things with that person
Yeah, like when a coworker tried to tell me the white man chopped off the sphinx's nose to hide its blackness
>and never talked to them again?
No, just quietly noted after a minor failed attempt to convince him otherwise that he was not someone to talk history with and went back to talking about movies and vidya.

I did walk away from another coworker who corrected me with "Romani" when I said "gypsy" and then gave herself a little fist pump saying "Social justice for the win". But I still talk to her on occasion because I think we've both realized our political differences and thus don't bring them up around each other.

"Homosexual" wasn't really an identity until relatively recently, maybe around the start of the 20th century? Remember how all those Renaissance artists like Raphael, etc used to fuck their male friends and similar.

Homosexual was just an adjective, not an identifier. One would do homosexual acts but nobody was A HOMOSEXUAL. People like Rousseau were fucking dudes. They were fucking chicks. They weren't "gay". They weren't 'bi'. They were just normal fucking dudes.

Greek Pederasty was a noble and healthy custom far removed from today's degenerate homosexual lifestyle.

>Fucking your friend wasn't homosexual to the Greeks
it isn't gay, period

>white man chopped off the sphinx's nose to hide its blackness
Oh, wow. I thought that the "we wuz kangs" was a pure Veeky Forums/internet meme ?

>he missed all the Caesar is gay banter
m8 de bello gallico is basic Latin.

Also no, you're trying to pretend you understand shit you never read about from anywhere reputable again, user. Hubris is the social and legal shame associated with being homosexual, and it didn't matter if you got married before or since. Aristotle claims it should extend to the older partner, but most of the weight of the shame was usually against the receptive partner, as was demonstrated in the case against Timarchus. You're defining homosexuality as a deviant role differently than Athenians did, and those are the sources which generally paint the Persians as fey. Roman sexuality and its definitions of homosexuality took the penetrating vs penetrated dichotomy to greater extents, but pretending the definition of homosexuality as a lifestyle or deviant lifestyle was not getting married is just dumb, user,- especially if you read The Persians.

>Semitic is a synonym for middle eastern
>Everybody in sub saharan africa is bantu
>Anglo-Saxons and Norse somehow weren't Germanic
>There was a secret pan-european pagan cult that the evil church repressed
>The Mesopotamian Ishtar had anything to do with Easter
>The Vinca culture had full fledged writing
>Modern Greeks aren't related to ancient Greeks
>Modern Egyptians aren't related to ancient Egyptians
>The PIE were a spaceship building master race who could go super saiyan
>The dark ages were anything but a period of reduced writing due to the breakdown of Roman administration
>The golden age of Islam was somehow not real because arab, berber, and persian muslims had Greco-Roman intellectual influence
>The Catholic Church was an evil fanatical book burning totalitarian cult

Well, this guy was also unexpectedly on the deeper end of the /x/ pool. The same day he told me about the satanic rituals required to get into Hollywood and how some celebrities, notably Rihanna, were clones or androids or both.

You get an large proportion of tinfoil in security work for some odd reason. It used to be entertaining to listen to but after two years and a good half dozen or so coworkers who will prattle on and on about Illuminati for the eight hours you're posted together for, it gets tiresome pretty quick.

>The dark ages were anything but a period of reduced writing due to the breakdown of Roman administration
Well, and a continuation of the power vacuum that had been growing for a good century or two proportional to Rome's faltering grasp on Europe.

someone should have told that to the senator who called Caesar Queen and Pompey King. he also gets called Ganymede. both nouns. when he's joking with his men that he could be wife to any of them, I doubt they took it as "i'm a grill when i'm wearing a tunic", tbhw/ufam. you just learnt some junk history and none of the ways to access primary sources.

>>Anglo-Saxons and Norse somehow weren't Germanic
depends how you define germanic

definitely not the same people living today in those parts of the world though

I always love this topic because of the mental gymnastics involved in every discussion.

Well, Middle Easterners and West Africans live there today.

>Italians descended from Ancient Romans
>modern day Egyptians descended from Ancient Egyptians
>modern day Chinese descended from the Han dynasty period
>modern day Greeks descended from Ancient Greeks

>>The Catholic Church was an evil fanatical book burning totalitarian cult
i'm religious but even i can't shield this

>that fucking meme picture of all things
gtfo

it's a meme picture but it's still 100% accurate

first of all is there anything wrong with being gay?

confirmed for fedora troll

But isn't Sumerian just an Archaic Tamil?

you can stop baiting now

how can you even measure 'scientific advancement' of all things?
and even so, there was a lot more going on then MUH EVIL CATHOLIC CHURCH
why am I even replying holy shit I'm fucking dumb

muh slavery to nature

[spoiler]no[/spoiler]

>holy shit I'm fucking dumb
spoken like a true christian

wtf

the source doesn't really match what's written in the article?

Surely it was the Catholic Church actively suppressing science and had nothing to do with the dissolution of the Roman Empire.

Please give one (1) example of the Church stifling scientific progress during the middle ages.

If the article is wrong you can just edit it and give an explanation.

The image might have a point if it was a screenshot of a mod changing it back.

the idiot who made the picture read the wrong fkin part

When did homosexuality become taboo in society?

At least in Western culture?
I mean, the Romans banged anything that moved.
There was no issue with homosexuality (bi-sexuality) in Byzantium. (that I'm aware of...
Even up til the Renascence Homosexuality/bi-sexuality was not frowned upon.
When did it become verboten in the West?
The stuffy Victorian era?

tl;dr When was homosexuality first restrained and condemned in history?

spoken like a true libtard cuck democrat shill
kys

since ever, idiot. read a book

Don't post that version, it's incomplete. Here's the full picture.

Just who were these pie people?

>tfw a PIE person

>PIE
redpill me on this

Nope. This picture itself is an answer to OPS question

Well, isn't Old Tamil the language of Kumari Kandam, known as "Lemuria" in the West, and the Sumerians of "Lemurian" ancestry?

>he doesn't know about PIE people

This is such a good meme, I wished that there was more of it.

I've only ever actually stopped talking to someone for being stupid when they unironically started telling me the earth is flat but most of these would have a similar effect.

>Modern Greeks aren't related to ancient Greeks
>Modern Egyptians aren't related to ancient Egyptians

lol

>Julius Caesar was the first emperor of Rome

>ass ramming young lads was a noble and healthy custom

he was the de facto emperor

Romans of the Republic weren't that gay until the degenerate philhellenes started popping up in the 200s BC

>The concept of "Semitic" and "Indo-European" languages is a racist tool of oppression used to suppress the knowledge of the Black African origin of the Western civilization.

I once heard the "we wuz egypshuns" shit from a black person IRL. He was freaking out at a lady behind the counter at CVS.

You're right, pederasty isn't gay.

>pederasty isn't gay.

Only if you fucc cute fuccbois

>contemporary definitions

merely pretending, right?

When people use Aryan to describe North Europeans it gets to me

>Things that never happened: The post.

This.

>something doesn't exist until it's defined

>communism has never been tried

humans shop at walmart!!

It really hasn't.

And there certainly wasn't any intellectual progress in the high middle ages, no sir.

the christian dark ages were caused by islam though

Criminally underrated

>homosexuality is gay

Looks like the only faggot here is you.

That's a bit of a late fucking reply, user.
It's been 7 fucking hours

yes

user is right.
It was purely didactic, the most no-homo thing you could do.

stupid foucault cucks

fucking a guy isn't gay
getting fucked by a guy is gay

not hard to understand

kys fag

Romans would cut off your dick and enslave you for taking it in the ass.

Fuck you

"Gay" is a modern sociological construct with a lot of "cultural baggage" attached to it.

It would be more accurate to say that shagging men was not as frowned upon then as it was in the Middle Ages.

The Greek and Roman attitudes to it both fluctuated over time and distance of course, and different people at various levels of society were held to different standards.

For instance, for a Roman patrician of a noble house to be found as the submissive partner in homosexual intercourse would be considered a dire shame.

It is a patrician's proper place to be the one doing the penetrating; as befits a figure of authority.

On the other hand, slaves and plebes weren't held to such standards, and might even be expected to submit to the sexual advances of their social betters.

Anyway, human sexuality is better described by the Kinsey Scale than any particular set of discrete labels.

It was a patrician's proper place fucking his wife.
Any arsefucker was considered suspect of getting arsefucked too back then, so they were just as discriminated.

>actually the dark ages didn't exist

why do people say that?

LOL

>year 300
>What people are referring to when they say that ancient Greeks were gay

nobody's going to cut your dick off, dude

What an educated and we'll thought out response

no they wouldn't
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elagabalus

/thread

slaves where furniture. They were considered marital aides.

>decapitated him
>drag the corpse through the city
>toss him into a river
>collectively agree to never mention the last four years ever again

Severin dynasty was a mistake.

>athens didn't have democracy because slaves/women weren't citizens

Guys still fucked guys, user.

They just didn't have a label to identify it with.

>Elagabalus has been characterized by some modern writers as transgender, perhaps transsexual.

>today's degenerate homosexual lifestyle
Fuck off dipshit.