Why is the Ford F Series the most popular vehicle in America? Is it the best car of all time?

Why is the Ford F Series the most popular vehicle in America? Is it the best car of all time?

Its the best truck

Ram a close second

Gm trucks are good for nothing

holy shit this looks like a bad photoshop

Fleet sales.
Thats all.
Its a shit truck like GM and Ram

>implying taco isn't the true dark horse

First gen tacoma best tacoma

>ball joints
Nah

>replace once
>no longer an issue
Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill

Never had an issue with my 96 taco. Sorry big guy

Fleet sales.

Marketing, sales, and distribution design under certain branches dedicated specifically to fleet sales.
huge discounts for fleet sales.

Ford doesn't care if they they just break even on fleet sales. They just figure the lost profit into their advertising budget. They've been bragging about "best selling truck" for so long they will do ANYTHING to hold onto that.

Go back do the 90s. What was everyone advertising?
Ford - "Best selling light truck" - Yeah, due to fleet sales on trucks that you pretty much give away
Dodge - "Different" - Yeah the 1994 kind of came out of nowhere with that body design. It looked way different from any other truck.
GM - "Longest lasting, most dependable trucks on the road." "Like a rock." - They used a slogan that implied ruggedness and longevity and sourced statistics to back it up.

Somehow GM managed to build the best trucks through the 80s and 90s even though they had the worst diesel option of the big three. As far as longevity goes, the 2000s models seemed alright. In another 5-10 years we'll see how all the 2000s bodies from the big three are still holding up so we can address true longevity.

do we have a source for this claim about ford? it's the first time I've heard of it, and I know a few business owners with fleets of their own.

None off hand but it's blatantly evident with their business model and if you talk to anyone who's stocked a fleet through a "commercial" or "fleet sales" dealership they'll tell you there's huge discounts. For reference in my hometown there's one standard Ford dealership and two commercial/fleet Ford dealerships. It's where Ford puts most of it's focus because negotiating a contract for anywhere from a dozen to a hundred trucks is pretty easy when you've got monopoly light and medium duty commercial truck dealerships in a lot of areas. Convincing such a customer to buy through you is often far easier than convincing a customer to buy a single new $80k king ranch through you when there's a GM dealership across the street with a new High Country.

When's the last time you saw a GMC or Dodge dealership dedicated to fleet sales and base model commercial trucks?

there's a GM fleet sales location about 5 minutes from my house, right next to the ford one.

Really? I've yet to see one. I knew they had a few of them but they're not nearly as common as the Ford lots. If you live around the corner from one I can see why you'd be doubtful of what I was saying.

See if they've got any of those new 1 ton Suburbans that are only available to fleet customers. I've yet to see one in person but a few are popping up online here and there.

the GM dealer mostly sells vans and box trucks. They're currently filling the lot with Coke wrapped vans, must have been a big sale

>Finds one issue
>Beats dead horse deader

>one issue
Well rust is another.

I have no idea anymore, I just think it's personal preference for the buyer. That does not include fleet sales.

guys like this

>vehicle made mostly of metal has problem with rust
>fuck

They tend to gravitate more towards chevrolets and rams since they look more masculine and are slightly less common than fords, giving them some weird sense of hipster-hick satisfaction

>Why is the Ford F Series the most popular vehicle in America? Is it the best car of all time?
No it's not the best.
Actually, in terms of trucks, they're one of the worst.
So why do they sell?
Because they're cheap. Ford undercuts the competition on price with similar feature content. This would be fine if their vehicles were reliable. You have to remember a majority of those are fleet sales. Fleet sales are usually order by a beancounter who knows nothing about vehicles but wants the most feature content for a given price that can do what the company needs. They don't ever take into account money lost because the truck is in the shop getting repaired. That's what warranties are for.

In all honesty, GM trucks are the best simply because they offer similar features to the Ford, similar capability, but are a million times more reliable. They're the Toyota of the truck world since actual Toyota trucks can't do any actual work.
>inb4 toyota war
A Hilux and a Tacoma/Tundra are NOT the same thing, not even the same engines. The Tacoma/Tundra are comfy on the road but suck for work due to their weak and rust-prone C-channel frames

The most innovative truck would have to be the Ram 1500 though Reliability is better than Ford, it's worse than Chevy.
>first diesel engine in its class
>coil spring rear suspension makes it extremely comfortable versus traditional leafsprings
>2 spark plugs per cylinder on V8 engines for more complete combustion

if you have a problem with this image, I am sorry to say, you are the problem not him

>I learn all my info exclusively from Wikipedia
The post

The South will not rise again. Sorry to disappoint.

>Why is the Ford F Series the most popular vehicle in America?
Because they sold out and use PAID ACTORS to advertise their trucks.

Your post is literally the opposite from the truth.

Ford makes better trucks than either dodge or gm statistically.

Ford trucks are more expensive than gm trucks

gm uses cheaper materials in both the body/frame and the engine, that's why gm is cheaper.

The only reason anyone even considers a dodge 2500+ is because of the cummins, it has nothing to do with dodge itself, unless for some brand-loyalty bullshit

Mostly fleet sales like people are saying but from the 40s to the early 80s they were the best trucks on the road. They have a huge heritage, larger than the mustang

>Your post is literally the opposite from the truth.
spoken like someone with no experience with trucks.

look up fleet prices. More Fords are sold to fleets than GM.

>rebelcracker.jpg

someones trying too hard

>More Fords are sold to fleets than GM.
This is true

But I wasn't talking about fleet prices. If fleet prices are cheaper, that has nothing to do at all with the consumer market.

You are the one who has no experience with trucks. Maybe you work at a company that owns some trucks, you might even drive a work truck. But that doesn't count as "experience with trucks" and this second post makes it even more obvious that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Are you even over 18? I bet not.

But he always will, so there is no real reason to even reply to him.

The kind of liberal cuck who assumes that everyone that drives a truck is running around with the stars and bars isn't going to listen to logic. He's just a typical nu-male/sjw/feminist/etc, etc.

At work we have a 06 F550, and a '10 F550. Both have over 300k.

Other than the newer Ford's engine blowing its load a few months ago (10k to replace) both have lasted longer on the road than three newer ('13/15/16) Dodges.

The Dodges have terrible steering, heating/cooling, and the interiors are shit tier.

I personally have a '99 f250 with 380k, full stock. But a coworker has a 1500 with 287k, and it drives much better.

GMC a shit.

96 t100 with over 300k as my work truck, truly bulletproof.

This is the most popular sedan in America. This is the king of sedans.

Why do other sedans even try?