Is this the best DD for someone who can only own one car, aside from the stigma it gets?

Is this the best DD for someone who can only own one car, aside from the stigma it gets?

>comfy
>4 doors
>trunk
>fast
>fun to drive
>generally reliable if you don't mod it

Other urls found in this thread:

atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/cto/6067273331.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is better

I think the wagon is even better

Yeah, good luck finding a clean unmolested bugeye.
That's not an IS250

It's generally a lot easier to find a clean low km japanese import than a local 2004+ sti

Are you in America? Pre-2003 WRX's are hardest to find decent examples

Canada
2002 and earlier are legal to import now, and japanese people seem to take midly better care of their cars then teenagers do here

I don't know about the expenses of importing such a car, really makes me think if it's even worth it. With that said why not import a GC8 instead?

Importing a RHD car is alot cheaper than buying a local car, prices are insane. You'd be hard pressed to find any north american STI under 20grand, or a north american wrx under 5k

That's what I meant, import a GC8 instead? I'd think it would at least hold value best

Bug / Blob STI are usually less molested than their WRX counterparts.

Was assuming he was American, we didn't get bugeye sti

I've never seen this car mentioned here ever.
But if you want straight reliability, AWD, Good storage, 4 doors, and at a decent size the 01-03 Toyota Highlander isn't bad, I had one for the longest time. I racked up 300k miles on it, never once gave me issues. Only thing that broke was the radio, but that's cause I tried installing a sub and fucked that up horrendously. I don't know how the fuck Toyota builds cars like this. It's got a total Old Asian Lady vibe to it. 4Runners from the Era are killer too. But the thing is a Dam work horse. Holds its value too, I got 2k for mine on a trade in.

Toyota caldina gtt

This

Though i've no idea if you got them in murrica and god they're ugly.

I want a set of Euro bugeye headlights so bad but they're like 1500 dollars.

>comfy

Is this a real STI? it doesn't have the big obnoxious spoiler

Wagons were a mistake

>One car

Get the hatch if you end up with a WRX/STI.

owned by rough mexicans who are up to no good in your neighborhoods

WRX.

No its real, it just has a WRX trunk.

Its always white kids here with those, now that they're getting cheaper its more spics/nigs.

No, WRX are overpriced in the used market. The STI used market is heavily modded. Anything with a hood scoop and huge wing gets cops attention so it's not a reliable sleeper.

You'd be better off with an Accord v6 daily. It's bigger AND it's faster. Only downside being FWD so if you live up north you could reconsider.

No, an Accord is not faster than a WRX

this. wagons are far, far better for practicality.

>so you get to pick which bodystyle you want
>you get to pick between one that has a bunch of space or one that has a lot less space but everything else is the same

like why would anyone sane pick the one with less space?

lls

civic

>comfy
No.
>fast
No.
>reliable
No.
>fun to drive
No more than any other 2500lb civic or corolla.

A civic is better in every way.

>faster
Not even an Accord Type-R is faster than a WRX.

0/10

At least you tried

Do Subaru make manuals with leather seats? I almost never see these cars without pre farted seats

CVPI
But rip on gas mileage

Yeah my friends Forester is manual with leather seats

I loved my WRX great car and a safe car.

In my 8 years of owning it need the fuel injector replaced once and I replaced the clutch just because.

I'll admit my Toureg is more comfy for long rides but not enough that I would care to take one over the other.

It was my first car and I didn't appreciate how great it was til I was stuck driving other cars. Shouldn't have sold it desu.

I traded my lightly modded 07' 350z HR that I owned since new for an '09 STi. I regretted the EJ maintenance platform over the VQ.

Also, I felt that the VQ was subjectively easier and under track and aggressive driving conditions vs. the Z33 and was more exciting and held up better.

Traded my STi last year for a 370z. All of which were DD's

You should have known what you were getting dummy, they serve different purposes of course the Z is a better deal for the price (STI rice tax). Both great cars in different ways

If you want a Subaru but not an Impreza, look at Legacy GT

>comfy

Not so much. Still fun though. I dd one.

Here's what I'm looking at...an affordable VIRGIN wrx. I just want to take it to my garage and violate the absolute shit out of it

atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/cto/6067273331.html

subarus have no redeeming features.

>flavours

What do you drive? I want to roast the shit out of your shit choice

There was a premium trim of the hawkeyes with leather. It's kinda rare, though.

Do yo mean the 3.6R Touring? That thing's CVT only.

it's called A-Line, I have one in black with approx 400 whp as a DD. Not bad on the MPG though, does around 9 litres (26 mpg) on the highway while doing 70-80 mph) when you drive it without boost and 11.5 l (20.5 mpg) in the city if you don't drive like a retard. But if you start driving her like a black guy that raped a girl in Texas it starts pissing fuel. Otherwise it is practical and reliable (for now). Must admit, friends EVO 9 has more space in the rear, but it's not as good interiorwise

Yeah it's reliable but it's also a boring grocery getter.

I mean, the 4Runner is better, but not much.

>15 years old
>145,000 miles
>$8000

someone should smack some fucking sense back into you, that car is $3000 more than it ought to be and if you're going to "violate the shit out of it" pay another $3-5000 for a high mileage 04-07 STi instead.

Didn't say I'd buy it at that price. In fact it's why I haven't because they refuse to budge on it

years old
,000 miles
>>$8000

Jesus christ what the fuck is wrong with america, a subaru at 100,000 miles wouldn't even fucking sell for £0.01 in the UK

Get something RWD. More fun.