Can we have an actual non meme discussion about the gt v8 mustangs...

Can we have an actual non meme discussion about the gt v8 mustangs? I'm strongly considering an 02-04 mach 1 or cobra mustang, obviously manual but I don't think they come in auto anyway. Most are priced around 8-11k, is this a reasonable price? I want one because it's rwd, manual, leather seats. Only other options are German and luxury cars and fuck that shit. Anyone ever own a cobra or mach 1, or even a lower trim? Is it worth owning this car? I'm not a racer bro by any means. I just want a strong car that's comfy. It would also be my first manual

Other urls found in this thread:

philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/6069944938.html
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp8FsoRYWYK4pTloHwQbmUqG9MEsm_JQH
allentown.craigslist.org/cto/6069497671.html
ebay.com/itm/2004-Ford-Mustang-Mach-1-/122419631869?hash=item1c80c756fd:g:JqwAAOSwmgJY2sbd&vxp=mtr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I liked my 2003 GT. It drove nice and sounded great. Decent torque, enough to put you in your seat a little bit.

Good MPG too, I got 21ish in town daily driving it.

I don't suggest the upper trims unless it's a terminator. There aren't enough differences in them to make the price jump worth the money.

exterior is nice, but the interior is disgusting.
Fun cars, also the Bullit version is alright but a bit expensive because of the rarity.
Id go mach for the hood and rims or a normal GT and customize it with the left over money.

2005-2008 GT Mustangs are in the $9-11ish range. Those would be a better deal. Newer chassis, 300hp vs 260hp.

I wouldn't pay more than $6k for a SN95 platform. By all means they are great and reliable cars. But the 4.6 2v SoHC is just a poor excuse of an engine. It's huge and heavy but doesn't have the power to back it up. The DOHC isn't really that much better, considering it needs premium gas, but it can become a horsepower monster.

My gripe with my 04 GT are the seats. They are legitimately the worst seats I've ever sat in and I work as a rental car agent.
I've sat in a shit ton of car seats. But I'm also really really tall. so take it how you wanna

No. The cars beyond the new-edge are fucking huge, and that extra power doesn't make up for the extra weight/fuckhugeness.

It looks like the main difference is the hp, which is a plus because I'm not a big mod person. I'd prefer it be as stock as possible. That's one thing I notice with these cars some of them have been heavily modded
I really don't like how the 05+ mustang look. Normally I don't care about exterior of the car but those make me cringe, except for black on red or gold

What do you guys think about this one?
philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/6069944938.html
Only thing I don't like is that it's parked on green but other than that it looks really solid

They have crooked steering wheels

OP it's not just a meme
Literally Solid Rear Axle
That's not okay.

Looks good, sounds like it's been taken care of. Not a fan of the tan interior, but that's just me.

Price may be a bit high, but it is a low mileage car. Will probably be trouble free.

You won't find a Cobra for 8k-11k unless it's fucked, that would be a fair price for a Mach 1 though. I'm actually keeping my eye out for a sub 50k mile example and I'm looking to pay 12k-13k.
The Mach 1 and Terminator Cobras have the 4v motor, not the 2v in the regular GT. They are infinitely better as a modifying platform. The 4v in the Mach 1 already makes more hp than the 3v motor and once you start putting a few simple mods on it they LOVE to make power. Way better car, plus it will hold its value because it is a special edition and collector car.

Cobra has IRS, not sure about the mach 1, but I think they are pretty much the same car except the Cobra has a blower on the 4v motor as well as forged internals.

I've been following speed academy's mustang build, I think if I were to get a mustang it would be the same generation as the one they're working on

playlist: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp8FsoRYWYK4pTloHwQbmUqG9MEsm_JQH

Seems ok, but I've driven the 2v mustangs and honestly you'll be disappointed in the power, they are pretty weak for a v8. I would recommend looking for a Mach 1 or consider a 05-09 gt.

You're not going to afford a 2003 Cobra but live axle is fine anyway.

Yeah looks like you're right. I probably would be better off getting a cobra or mach. It looks like they're pretty hard to find tho.

>2004 Mustang GT coupe, 3241lbs/260hp = 12.47lbs/hp
>2005 Mustang GT coupe, 3450lbs/300hp = 11.5lbs/hp

S197's have proportionally less weight to horsepower
Their dimensions aren't that much bigger, still smaller than any modern muscle car like a camaro or challenger
On top of that the newer chassis is way stiffer, the old SN95 chassis dates back to the fox/fairmont days, and require immense amounts of reinforcement if you plan to track the car.
Furthermore, the S197 has a much more sophisticated 3-link LRA setup

tldr kill yourself tripfag

the reality of the matter is that you're buying a 13 year old car that was barely above average when it was released.

New edge? Just get a clean v6 and keep it low key. No mods just a clean driver.
Nice and reliable.
Your not a racer fuk boi? The GT will change that. And we all know it. If you get a gt you will always wish you had bought a cobra. The gt just lacks power that you expect with the sound. At least with the v6 you know what you have and that's why you buy them. Just to drive.

They are hard to find, but that's what makes it worth it when you finally get it. settling for a car that's already for sale will make you regret it later when what you're really looking for comes along.

Compared to what? It's like I said the only other choices at that price are bmws and audis, and I'm not getting one of those

I actually use to own a 03 v6 auto, I felt like such a cuck driving that car. It looked great but fuck that shit, if I'm gonna drive around in a v6 I'd prefer it be as comfy as possible, like a truck size suv or a Benz

That's a good point. But the cobras are crazy expensive. The 03-04 are 20k+ are those cars really worth that much?

At that time any car imported had better quality than what was built in states. The interior alone in those mustangs prove that point. Better than Gm though.

But if you buy used German at that price, good luck with the future repairs.

Welcome to the world of used cars!!!

Save your money and just buy a Honda or make payments on a new Kia.

Understandable.

Yes they are expensive because for 20k plus MAYBE 5k in mods you can make like 650+whp, people mostly buy them to modify for racing since they come stock with forged internals. Consider a Mach 1, I think they are undervalued for what they offer. You could get a pretty good one for 10k-12k. Which is about what you would pay for a 05+ Gt and in my opinion the Mach 1 is better in many ways plus it is rare and collectible.

That's why I stated I don't want a German car.

Also
>Honda
Dude, next time at least scan the op

Meme statement fags wont reply to you. Why bother?

I see, I'm hoping to find one mostly stock and 11k is definitely the highest I'd go for a car. Thanks for the help user

This is basically what I'm hoping to get. If I had the money right now I'd get this car for sure
allentown.craigslist.org/cto/6069497671.html

if you can I would consider eBay, there are good deals on Mach 1s all the time. It sounds weird to buy a car from eBay, but people like to auction the mach 1 for some reason, here's a fine example of a 04 mach 1 with 80k miles that sold for under 10k just today

ebay.com/itm/2004-Ford-Mustang-Mach-1-/122419631869?hash=item1c80c756fd:g:JqwAAOSwmgJY2sbd&vxp=mtr

but if anything, that shows that they are out there and you can get a deal on one, just keep looking!

Not bad, they get pretty cheap once they hit high mileage like that because collectors don't want them. I would recommend paying a mechanic $100 to inspect it first if you were to buying one with high mileage. I've seen them go well over 200k though.

You're the beta asking for advice. It would seem a Honda would suit you just fine.

How old are you again?

I dunno, I wouldn't feel comfortable buying a car without looking at it first. But I'll keep it in mind

Yeah I'm definitely gonna do that, even if I fall in love with the car. I've heard too many horror stories lol. Better to be out 100 than 10000 and counting

>Most are priced around 8-11k, is this a reasonable price?
FUCK no
A 2 valve mustang is worth ~6k if it's in really good condition.