I went from 10+ years of driving a reasonably economical honda accord, which was no slouch...

I went from 10+ years of driving a reasonably economical honda accord, which was no slouch, but not exactly any sort of fast.

Fast forward to now. Bought 335i and for the first 5 months of ownership, drove it like my accord-slow and steady. As I have learned the car better, I have started to drive more and more like an asshole, purely because the car makes it really easy, fun and rewarding to zip past whomever, and take turns at some speed. I still use my blinkers of course- I'm not a monster. I know the car isn't exactly crazy fast, but for me, it's the fastest car I've ever owned.

Has anyone else considered themselves to be a reasonable driver until you got [x] car? What car did it?

my e60 was my first car with 200+ hp so I used the speed a lot more often because muh newfound power
I didnt cut people off or do other stupid shit though

I don't cut people off, but I tend to accelerate up to speed a lot faster. In the early times I got the car, I found myself routinely hitting close to 100 getting onto the freeway if it was deserted, as I wasn't used to how fast the car got me there.

tune it

>Own a 335i
>Am overly courteous to other people because I'm not a manchild
It's possible to drive reasonably and still drive "spiritedly" - just don't involve other people in it

I used to drive like an asshole in my Accord, always bouncing off the limiter

Now I drive slow and steady in the S Class, let other people speed, I've floating over the road in a cloud of luxury and I'm above speeding

I went from a 50hp city car to a 160hp Focus. The first week was great to push down the accelerator and feel goosebumps but that feeling went away pretty quick. Feels bad man.

Maybe because you are starting to understand that a 335i has more power than an Accord?

he's right

My first car was a 240hp V6 Accord so everything else feels like a gutless shitbox unless it's a V8

Then again i started on sportbikes

My WRX makes me do speedy things.

I guess I would say I got a little less responseable after I got my s13 (not fast by any means) but now if there's an open corner it's hard to resist kicking the back end out, also I kinda said fuck it with being respectful when it comes to exhaust noise (na straight pipe, fuck me right?) I used to try to keep it as quite as possible down town and in my neighborhood, but I loved hearing the crackles and pops too much, scare a lot of people now when it really bangs hahaha

Used to drive my V12 slow and steady, thinking she was too dignified for stupid shit like hooning. Then I started going sideways through roundabouts

As long as you don't tailgate, cut people off, don't use your turn signals, or speed through residential areas you aren't really an asshole.

Doing 120 down a deserted road is safer than tailgating at 70 or doing 45 down a neighborhood street.

OP, have you lost the ability to control the speed of your car now you own a BMW?
I ask because every BMW I see on a road with more than one lane are hitting their brakes every 30 seconds.
I assume the bmw auto box is a shit, because it couldn't be that BMW drivers are retards that can't control the speed of their vehicle with their right foot! I mean if you want to scrb off 2 mph you just lift off right? No need to use the brakes, only a fucking moron would do that.
I also find it hard to believe that all BMW drivers are fucking assholes that drive too close to the car in front in a vain effort to get them to move out of the way (gotta make up that time in nose to tail traffic) then have to hit the brakes to prevent themselves from rear-ending the car in front! Only a complete fucking retard would do that right? Must be the gearbox.

I know that feel

The more I read this the more it looks like an ironic shitpost

Went from a 60hp Golf Mk III to an 87hp Dacia Logan to my current 250hp Focus ST.

I'm glad I started out in the first two because I'm still super careful overtaking and make absolutely sure I can make it, I let people merge and never cut anyone off, always signal, give people the right of way if the traffic flow allows, and then go ham on B roads.

If you wanna drive like a lunatic, do it on your own.

Although I do find myself straying over the speed limit on acceleration quite a lot cause I'm not used to how fast I get there.

>high pressure job
>pay a lot of taxes
what a load of bullshit, people in luxury cars are just assholes because of the "I make more money therefore I'm above you" fallacy

I don't usually drive like an asshole unless I feel it's necessary. For example I don't like it when cars box me in or if I get stuck behind somebody who's slow and oblivious. When either of these things happen I quickly go around people so I can "isolate" myself better and not feel like I'm merely one distraction away from being rear-ended or having someone side-swipe my car.

I drive fast sometimes not because I'm trying to speed but because my last couple of cars were incredibly smooth, and I don't even notice when I'm going fast. I usually don't speed that much.