/ng/ - Nioh General

Glamourai edition
We're also in dire need of new fan art!

Latest Patch Notes
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Patches

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected.

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beta guide that could still be useful : pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

list of smithing texts:
pastebin.com/iDcwJWuy

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xOHQM9DZTBU
youtube.com/watch?v=y_nY7iH-3rQ
youtube.com/watch?v=wN7cIUd2qqI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>people actually complain about soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=xOHQM9DZTBU

Do they really? Nioh had some really great tracks
youtube.com/watch?v=y_nY7iH-3rQ

Does anyone know if there's a reliable place to get the dual swords with magic scaling A? Also someone posted in some other thread on a different website that they tested the damage at different magic levels, up to 90 magic and they saw no damage increase. Someone replied that they increase the power of your onmyo magic instead of their own damage. Can anyone confirm?

>increase the power of your onmyo magic
doesn't work on guardian talisman, never tried for shots (they suck anyway at anything but exploding amrita demons)

It's more that the game came from the same company that makes the Warriors games, and in comparison Nioh's soundtrack is really lackluster.

On its own it's definitely great, however.

Spirit Guardian Talisman get an increased dmg from Spirit.

so how much damage does each + level on 150 give? More than 50 but less than a 100? I know it depends on stats but speaking in gneral what's the usual you get if anyone knows

Thank you! Doing that quest made the axe dojo unlock.
Now I can live my dream of beyblading.

And yay smithing text on first run!

>better Okatsu track finally got out
youtube.com/watch?v=wN7cIUd2qqI

just got my first lv 160 weapon

time to start re-forging i guess

Nioh is more traditional I'd say, and that's probably why people don't like it.

A lot of the music is a blend of Irish folk and Japanese folk embellished into an orchestral score.

Just finished 3rd region, the fuck was the difficulty with the bosses? All 3 were pretty easy and that white tiger fight was a shitshow when I one shot it with fewer than full elixirs. The yukionna fight was at least pretty fun, but somehow the bosses have started to get easier.

The white tiger stage was pretty shitty overall, I digged most of the levels so far but it seemed so generic and corridor heavy. The underground sections were pretty stupid desu.

My build is really shit and I don't really know what I'm doing with my equipment. I use 1kat mid stance 95% of the time and the other 5% low stance.

Quick question, does Life +48 mean it's just an additional 48 hp?

Protip: bosses get even easier

yes

yes

fug

Neat thank you.

If you didnt think yuki was hard then you probably won't find any other bosses hard, but who knows. That level is actually pretty good IMO, the cool thing is that going underground is optional.

Fucking Orochi in ng+. I'm getting pelted by bullshit every second the fuck is this.

use the anti-element sake

>host walks into two fucking umi beams
>doesn't die
>dies from trying to attack umi and falling off
JUST
ABOUT
DONE

Should I switch from Toyotomi to Furuta before I get too entrenched in rewards?

I felt like the earlier bosses were much harder than the 3rd region bosses. It might be because I was getting accustomed to the game, but the first and second bosses gave me lots of trouble. I also had trouble with the centipede, even if it was pretty easy.

I had heard that yukionna was a step up in difficulty so I thought I would have a hard time with her. Sure it took some tries to beat her, but I felt like I knew what I was doing almost the whole time and it was just up to executing my strategy. The fight was pretty fun, but at the same time she didn't really do anything too special.

The spider boss was also pretty easy, I probably died 2 times. I almost killed her the first try with only a couple elixirs as I wasn't sure if the door was a boss door or not.
/blog

Best way to increase max familiarity for soul matching?

everyone shits on paralysis and paralysis damage gear because you only get a single hit

but what if you also had kingo and the bat, then did one of the quickdraw katana slash attacks behind their back with +60% damage against paralysed enemies

with 1kat kingo's and ayo-komori, the target is dead way before paralysis hits

What does the inhabited kodama bowl do?

>not joining furuta in a first palce

You coulda just killed them in less time than setting up the paralysis hit with other builds

What's the highest +"element" damage you can forge onto a weapon?

I spent a dickload reforging to get an element on my hoshi-kiri tachi and saw nothing higher than +10.

>Find a revenant
>xxSlayerXxx got punked by a dweller and every other enemy in the game
>Red Demon armor or Kingo's
>Fell to death
>Can be any armor

Like fuck I am farming areas with high drops because the only people to die are the one's whose armor I don't want.

>Actually dying to jorogumo

Iai or Sign of the Cross with all that shit applied will one-shot almost anything in the game.

Increase the kodama blessing by 10%

Sounds like a cool plan. Nothing else matters than coolness.

Will i like this game if i liked souls games?

Correction, it WILL one-shot anything in the game.

Nioh is very different from the Souls series, don't go into it looking for the same kind of game.

It is a good game and you'll probably like it, but don't expect Souls.

>when a revenant casts sloth on you and then heals

You'll like it, it's really similar while still having it's own twist in things.

No, this game actually rewards skill and not taking the biggest weapon and doing swing+evade the whole playthrough

Is it better to soul match a max familiarity with another max familiarity? Say you want to upgrade to a plus version, would making a +2 armor out of two max familiarity armors have better stats in the end than not doing it with max familiarity? Or do you only max if you just want to transfer a skill?

>spawn on first bonfire
>host just dies to some grunt

>they completely skip the first lamp
>mfw it keeps happening

most likely

but don't go in expecting to transfer knowledge or strategy between games

nioh is a completely different beast

What the fuck.

Is there a way to prevent the hiccup you do when a yokai realm pops up???

Like getting close to a big skele, when they get up a yokai field pops up and if I'm too close I'll stop momentarily. any way to prevent that? certain amount of vs yokai realm?

just beat the game, how do I get good gear now?

People are unironically wearing the golden nioh armor. Gross.

You really expect an average retard to even be aware that lamps exist?

fuck me is that what it does?

Also does the kodama bowl helmet add a solid % or an additional % of the kodama blessing?
Like 25% blessing +20% = 45%
or 25% blessing + 25*0.2= 30%

go to the first level in ng+
kill revenants

I disagree, the same kind of stamina management, dodging and parrying is pretty same in both games. Also learning move sets and knowing when to attack is the same for bosses in both games.

>+60% damage against paralysed
What's that?

thanks, pimp

>finish first playthrough solo
>start NG+ and want to start doing co op
>summon
>30 minutes to find someone
>next stage 40 minutes
>next one 20 minutes
>even summon the same guy twice
>wonder where the fuck is everyone
>check trophies
>mfw

Is Let it Die all over again. Almost nobody has finished this game.

Probably divine enma helm

>souls stamina
>nioh ki
>same management

user....

enma helm gives +40% and i have an accessory for 20% but you can do better

as I understand it, anything that adds a percentage adds a percentage of an existing percentage, so if you have a 25% helm, a 25% blessing becomes a 30% blessing

I manage chakra in nioh, not some pussy ass ki

I'm trying to get final blow damage on my axe from my sword but the finished form tab still shows the less armor bonus skill. Am I doing something wrong?

Unlike let it die this game is actually good

Everyone is doing yokai realm with companion in NG+ you dummy.

not if you use the bombs and passive for close combat damage when enemy is at full health

bombs are pretty much instant paralysis

Alright thanks. I'm going to try that build for fun, but should I use the spider for the extra paralysis or bat for the back damage?

>ishida

Hot damn that difficulty spike

The game has been piss easy so far with most bosses being a 1-3shot and the levels rarely causing deaths

But this guy is reaming my asshole sideways

Good boss apart from some things like the bullshit tracking air leap grab

look at this narutofag kek

shucks. thanks my man

>he doesn't manage chakra
>his dash doesn't put his hands behind his back

I want to use 3kat, what's the best armor setup for it? Yagyu and Master Swordsman or Swordsman and Kingo?

REAL NIOH HOURS WHO UP?????

HIT THAT NIOH GESTUR IF U ON THAT DIVIN GRIND

Kingo and taisharyu

Oh fug I only used axe and now im getting my shit pushed in by NG+.

I bet a kurasigama would be my best shot.

which is best kusarigama? I might just go iga but I wanna know if any have much better damage before I farm the smithing text.

who drops Taisharyu?

lots have better damage, Iga is pretty shit, and the set bonuses don't help it in any way. Yasha's is the strongest I've found forgeable but I dunno otherwise

look at this narutocuck

sword dojo guy with banner

Literally one shot nobunaga in front of nohime because of damage from behind bonuses and iai. This shit is ridiculous.

>not oneshotting nohime so Oda can't help but watch how you fuck his waifu

whats the best setup for a critical hp build? is it suzaku?

oh you mean the genius strategist, ok

i did axe for ng+ no worries

3 quick change scrolls, 3 protection talismans and a pet that's actually good

hi nezumi gives 25% critical damage and 19% infinite onmyo

How the fuck is the DLC gonna get balanced with everyone having OP shit already.

by cranking up numbers so the current equip is the same as using purples in ng+?

That's why I am completely avoiding this shit and only did some NG+ levels just to check it out. I ain't runing new content for myself on the very likely chance they don't balance for the insane divine stuff. Besides, they could probably just make it so the DLC stuff just outclasses everything base game too.

Maybe DLC is gonna be over level 320 in NG+.

Why am I not surprised that no piece of red demon armor is ever upgraded. I have never recieved a + anything red demon armor. do these shitters just never upgrade their armor? I had +4 all armor before I finished NG+.

You can't get + from revenants.

Can someone explain for example how something like Ryuzoji works?

>Equipping "2" axes further increases your damage with axes

Can that second axe be anything, or would your damage increase with a better second axe?

hey /ng/, 3 thing

>1
What is a good kurisigama to use? and by that, one with interesting/useful traits right off the bat (like tachibana's sword always has water and A+ heart scaling)
>2
Can I get some recommendations for my sword? I've built myself around back damage (currently at 70.3% +1kat mystic art), anything I should take off / replace?
>3
Rate my willy

are you sure?

thank you

Any axe or hammer works. This goes for any of the +weapon damage clans, you stack the same weapons to boost the damage bonus.

not him, but I farmed revvies for an hour or so for divine fragments, and got no +'s