/edg/scg/ #136 ded thread edition

Remember to report and ignore all goon shitposts, easily identifiable by "pfffHAHAHA" which is apparently some kind of signature.

Elite: Dangerous information:
pastebin.com/ZT9GWmaC (embed)
Be aware, Thargroids are currently grabbing ships out of witchspace with unknown intentions. it is advised you shoot the fuck out of them whenever possible.
Gamescom info:
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos
>CitCon2016 Full Presentation:
[YouTube] Star Citizen: Full CitizenCon 2016 Presentation (embed)
>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA
>Subscriber Vault pics and JPoint Magazine Archive
mega.nz/#F!3tpUlapR!knV_JazwxfM-xct6PJyPEw
Referral code randomizer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098

ganked

Other urls found in this thread:

humblebundle.com/store/promo/space-week/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

E:D > SC

fight me boys

Has people made any kind address or petition for developers of ED about bringing in the MMO features / more exciting gameplay / anything into more line with something coherent?

Looking at the forums there are people posting "ED is not a game, it's a simulator" and retarded shit like that. If it were a simulator at least, you don't get fucking missions randomized every time you restart the game for example...

Chris has tried to kill few of his employees. It is now still a secret but it will come up later on. He is very afraid of lawsuit. If he doesn't deliver the game he is going to be sued for fraud.

>a game vs no game

not the hardest choice ever

No

>make a petition for a bunch of buzzwords
they barely listen to us when we ask nicely let alone a petition for literally nothing

I forgot most of people are autists who need explicitly stated paragraphs. You know very well what I mean you mongoloid.

actually i dont know what you meant because like most people, you bitch about the game being 'boring' or 'not having enough to do', but when you say what you want, its generic buzzword terms like 'more exciting gameplay', 'something coherent'.

pfffHAHAHAHA!!

>the forums

Schedule report and/or fixed REC when?

Schedule report for 3.0 in June. Release in August at earliest.

context?

You are retard. Probably forum dad aren't you? 2 kids and wife with lover.

Ship naming, I guess.

Subscriber town hall is tomorrow.

>legs vs no legs

>naming your ship is a downward spiral because people might sneak in bad words
I thought this dad shit was just a meme

It's about as real as it can get user

you must be new here, the dads are more powerful than you think

That dude specifically is past 50. They can only moan about how the grass was greener back then and how everyone is a spoiled brat now at that age.

I dropped into Spectrum yesterday because Ben Parry was doing some light Q&A and one guy said he was 70.

>baiting for a BRAP-poster
gross dude

>Ben Parry was doing some light Q&A
Anything meaningful?

I wonder what kind of name would Steve50 give to his ship? My guess it would be called 'Steve50'.

John69 here

FYI: The Humble Store has a special on space games.

SE and Rebel Galaxy are both only $7. Empyrion is $10.

Into The Stars is $5, can anyone tell me about it?

Not really other than he he was frustrated about shader language or something like that.

Since he's most likely a britbong, it will be a reference to that unfunny sitcom Red Dwarf.

Lister of Smeg tee-hee.

>download 30GB Star Citizen patch
>Crusader is still a 20 fps slide deck
>Mustang cockpit is still set to 500% bloom and always says landing gear is down
>fire up ED
>400 ly to Robigo

Fuck this genre I want to have fun

humblebundle.com/store/promo/space-week/

How dare you talk in such terms about Red Dwarf.

Found the island monkey.

>wants to have fun
>mustang
trade that shitflake in for an LN

>Rebel Galaxy
Yes. Play this.

>Into The Stars
This can be good, if it clicks with you. Otherwise you will hate it. Watch gameplay on this one first.

>SE
It's Linux, the game. Once you figure it out, you can do really cool stuff, but I got better things to do than spend 20 hours learning a game I'll suck at.

>Empyrion
Have not played.

Get an LN. Spend $5 if you have to. Rent APAR mass drivers and suckerpunches, and punch well above your weight.

>implying he would change the default name.

Found the filthy Continental. Face it user, you are jealous of our superior culture. Even our Dads are dominant over potty-mouthed plebeians like you.

>>SE
>It's Linux, the game
Hahaha, that's funny because it's true.
(if only it ran on Linux)

>>Empyrion
>Have not played.
It's the Windows version of SE. Way more casual but you can't do as much. It has way more and better gameplay than SE but much less simulation.

It's much easier to build things in it but you can't build as sophisticated ships. There are things to shoot and even 'missions' though they're a bit more like achievements. Aliens as well.

Given how Star Citizen is late... and all - what are the chances people start to mod in their own content?

Also how modable is ED?

>not mentioning how unstable SE is
>especially multiplayer
You are bad people.

>Also how modable is ED?

HAHAHAHHA

>how modable is ED?
you can change hud colour
you can use sweetfx

Passenger missions still increase Exploration rank?

Can vouch for Starpoint Gemini II being fun for capital ship combat.

Also, boarding a ship, killing the crew and towing it back to a port to sell as scrap or use yourself is pretty fun.

yes, but none of the worthwhile missions spawn anymore.

>not mentioning how unstable SE is
It was mentioned plenty last thread, we don't need a threadly reminder in an ED/SC thread do we?

It's instability doesn't make it a bad game, just one that I can't bring myself to get attached to yet.

It blows my mind the kind of things that you can build though. Without putting an insane amount of work into it, I built a modular capital ship that could undock elements of itself depending on what I was doing and had a functional gravity drive to zip across space in an instant. And I did that solo in a few nights. The asteroid base our alliance made was amazing, crafted Escher-like gravity fields, giant hanger doors, ship elevators...

It's an amazing game...except for the instability. Which only exists in multiplayer but still, that's kind of the point of the game.

>Starpoint Gemini II
It's in my library, I'll check it out.

>Can vouch for
How about Armada 2526?

Never played it, sorry.

Forgot my image. Towing a boarded ship back to port.

I thought the ranking was supposed to change today?

>worthwhile missions
You're telling me. I've been doing these shitty missions. I'm like 60% away from Elite. Can't give up now.

Any idea how much longer the passenger missions rank?

So I've almost exclusively bounty hunted for my money in ED so far, and I've just started doing Quince scans. I've tallied up a small bounty for the first time in ever and would like to know how it and future bounties will affect me.

If spacecops see me will they shoot on sight, or will I be actively scanned first? Does the size of my bounty determine whether or not they'll chase me? If I die does the bounty go away? How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop? If bounty size is a factor, when will surrounding ships start becoming a threat?

Vaguely related.
I have a fine in a system miles away that has a time limit, should I care?
What happens when it expires, does it become a bounty, get automatically paid or disappear?

only when 2.3 comes out user

the 2.3 BETA was supposed to come out on sunday, but was delayed. no idea when the beta comes out, but when that hits you probably will have less than a month until the live version drops.

Oh nice, so I'm golden. I'll get elite before that. I could even just do one stupid long mission for like 50mill. Might be faster then a ton of 1-3mill ones

>will I be actively scanned first?

Yes.

>Does the size of my bounty determine whether or not they'll chase me?

If you are scanned and have a bounty on, they will follow you to the depths of hell/they despawn/they die, no matter the size.

HOWEVER

I have no idea if the size of the bounty affects the chance of having a bounty hunter spawn/scan you.

>If I die does the bounty go away?

Yes.

>How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

Related to one of my previous answers; kill yourself. Upon death all active bounties become dormant. They will not show up on scans any longer, and you will not be considered wanted in any systems that you were wanted in.

If you're doing Quince scan runs, why aren't you killing yourself anyway? Buy a Hauler at Miller port or whatever it's called, gather missions, go do the scans, kill yourself, spawn back at station and hand in missions. Much quicker, and a Hauler rebuy is only 32k credits.

>there will also be the option to purchase cosmetic name plates which will allow Commanders the ability to display that name on your ship’s hull via a special decal.

Will Frontier ever charge for actual extra stuff, not basic functionality?

Not user with the fines. Even under the minimal stress of taking off under fire in an unshielded Hauler, flying is comfy, and I'm still pretty inexperienced when it comes to doing actual missions. I don't get "Objective complete" notifications until I'm well over halfway back to the station and I don't want it to go "hey fucker go do those scans again."

I also figure getting into the station undetected, managing my heat in silent running, and making stupid fast landings is good practice for other activities.

Wat is dis???

The Face of God

no thats this

>If you're doing Quince scan runs, why aren't you killing yourself anyway?
No Horizons.

You aren't a drawfag are you?

>You aren't a drawfag are you?
N-No?

Are you trying to ID some regular user?

Disregard the dads, David!

Would have traded a commission for horizons

Question: How many hours you have spent in SC?

Too fucking many. All I do now is race for REC and try out different gun combinations. Since REC is broken, been working on backlog.

Elite disappoints me a lot, I wasted my evening again doing missions. I stared the navigation reticle in the middle of my screen for 6 hours, that's basically the whole damn game. Then you dock, pick a mission and then stare the reticle again.

Is SC worth buying? Maybe I should look into something else though. I'm not sure how Evochron Legacy is but I think it might be too crude on lot of levels..

>Would have traded a commission for horizons
Oh right.
I can easily afford Horizons, I just am not enthused about spending money on a game that has no story/goal. Open ended games that are also real money cash sinks just seem kind of pointless to me. I guess I'll drop some cash on it some day when it's on sale and I'm not playing anything else much.

I can't play MMOs anymore, I just end up missing actual games that are also stories.

When a game needs you to 'create your own story', I eventually get bored of it and the time and money invested feels wasted. I'm reminded from some /trv/ copypasta about how enlightened travellers don't need to leave their home because they visualise their destination and enjoy the experience in their mind while meditating. Nemaste!

In SC ship to ship docking collars will no longer be a thing ship to station docking collars may be a thing. The devs are coming up with a new system for boarding.

Evochron Legacy isn't bad, it just take 3 hours to complete the tutorial, not joking.

I would buy SC again if I didn't own it already, even knowing what I know about the delays.

The thing is, plan to get at least an Aurora LN. You will need to upgrade a starter pack for $5 to get the only decent starter ship. Use the code referral too for extra money in game after beta. By the time you master your ship, play SM, and play AC until you know what you are doing, ED will be interesting again.

Samefag here. The rental loop for trying out ships and guns is it's own game, if you are ok with repetitive loops of racing and combat.

Fly into it

It's totally safe

>streaming myself doing boring ED shit all night
>1 viewerme
>decide to crater dive in an SRV
>20 viewers
Is watching someone tumble down massive crater walls for 10 minutes really that interesting?

Persistence in streaming and doing something entertaining is what gets viewers.

Driving around those fractal planets is more interesting because there is always something what changes. But flying in space...there's just the targeting reticle and you, alone... Elite Dangerous is a sad game.

Fair enough. I suppose I should also take into account who most of the people watching streams are on Twitch. I guess impotently tumbling at speed down what I'd guess to be a 8-10km crater wall would be interesting enough to watch.

play with friends, user

Do Quince missions. Very little travel, you make money, and you have time to look at your chat. Easily the comfiest way to make money, and you get Imp rank.

You make your own story man, outside of the game the only thing to buy are costmetics

I was
That was the planet I spontaneously decided to spelunk.

I remember when ED launched there were quite a few occasions where people actually chatted in the space but now whenever I see someone hollow blip on radar there's only silence...

I usually get an "o7" when I see people, especially if we're sharing a CZ.

>I usually get an "o7" when I see people, especially if we're sharing a CZ.
what are these codes?

It's dadspeak for "I am consenting to PvP."

RIP Caterpillar

Col Sector 285 YF-M C8-8 is no longer giving missions for federation. Any other good rep grinding systems for federation? Don't need credits, just rep :(

Like what says it's like an old knight's salute signaling the the formal opening of honorable combat.

I fucking hate that shit. CMDRs fucking o7 me, then I got to drop what I'm doing just to battle him? Fuck it, I'm not letting one go unanswered. Might as well insult my mom while he's at it.

Sothis and Ceos are your next stop for data runs. Hope you got a Hauler cause it is 600ly from you iirc.

No, David.
You are the dads.

Using an AspX for this shit right now with about 40ly range, I think I'll be okay

It is more or less a challenge, and If you don't take it up he's probably gonna talk shit about you on the forums or something. "I challenged this Idiot child to an honorable duel and he didn't even accept, the cowardly knave!"

That's the worst. Can you imagine some asshole posting a screenshot of you running away from an o7?

Fuck man, this game is kinda deep sometimes.

>If spacecops see me will they shoot on sight, or will I be actively scanned first?

AI cops and random bounty hunters have to actively scan you first.

>Does the size of my bounty determine whether or not they'll chase me?

Not the cops, no. They're not after your bounty. Having one at all means you need to die. Random bounty hunter AIs may choose not to engage you if your bounty is small and you present too much of a threat to risk it.

Having a large bounty does cause dedicated bounty hunters to sometimes appear and come after you. Compared to random ones, these ones tend to be deadly/elite rank in kitted combat ships around your own size, and will always engage immediately.

>Upon death all active bounties become dormant. They will not show up on scans any longer, and you will not be considered wanted in any systems that you were wanted in.

Caveat: If you commit even the tiniest fineable offense in jurisdiction with a dormant bounty, the authorities will discover who you are and that you are not actually dead, and reactivate your full bounty followed by immediately trying to kill you.

On the other hand if you respawn in the system you were wanted in, you'll be forced to pay all outstanding bounties + fines in addition to rebuy insurance in order to get your ship back, but this clears said bounties/fines off your record instead of making them dormant.

What are you most exited about for 3.0, user?

>Evochron Legacy isn't bad, it just take 3 hours to complete the tutorial, not joking.
I read a Steam review that said that.

Does it have any actual plot/campaign/story?
Every review says that it's great though not quite as polished as ED but basically more playable.