-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳a9lh + CFW: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo released 11.3, thoroughly patching downgrading for latefriends who update. 3dbrew.org/wiki/11.3.0-36
-rxTools BTFO, Menuhax's "last known Home Menu vuln." dead. Current solution is to switch to Luma or better yet, install a9lh per the guide.
-hblauncher_loader 1.3 and new *hax 2.9a payloads fix Homebrew for 11.3. github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/releases/tag/v1.3
-NTR CFW 3.4 Preview6 and BootNTR 3.1 released. (BootNTR Selector updates automatically.) github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
-Boot DS games in DSIware mode on 3DS from SD card: gbatemp.net/threads/nds-bootstrap-loader-run-commercial-nds-backups-from-an-sd-card.454323/

>Wii U
-FlimFlam69 removed the Brazilian method from the guide (you can still find it at: github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/blob/master/btimsg.md). The pastebin has been updated to contain that link.
-People speculate about a new Wii U firmware version before or at launch of Zelda: BotW. Even if the Wii U is out of production, you may still want to use 35.164.240.189 to block updates.
-Boot0 code execution displayed at 33c3, along with boot1 dumping.

>Vita
-Activation without PSN access now possible. wololo.net/2017/02/10/epsp-bubble-installer-2-0-activation-without-psn-psvita/
-fl0w teases usb mounting for pstv only. wololo.net/2017/02/09/theflow-teases-support-external-usb-drive-pstv-vita-tv/
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both HENkaku and taiHENkaku currently.

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

loadiine.ovh/
github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2
nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=507
amazon.com/StarTech-com-USB2HABMY3-Cable-External-Drive/dp/B003HHK576
gbatemp.net/threads/simple-signature-check-patcher.451138/),
mega.nz/#!E00CTYoY!PnjZcSRWqOQ6GVCDwVNi4yRninN6N8UjY4GYDe2x154
gbatemp.net/threads/zelda-botw-japanese-language-how-to-change-language.462569/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for bring back "/hbg/-chan daisuki~"-chan

how does WUP work?
can i only install 1 thing at a time? that is shit efficiency

Once I have HBL installed, am I supposed to delete those loose files from the install folder? WUP keeps grabbing and installing those.

>undub
fucking weeb

No, read the instructions carefully.

Has anyone set up BOTW for loadiine yet? I'm not using that shit but I have a poorfag friend with an 8gb wii, 6gb external HDD but a 16gb SD card.

maybe if you're using the original version, but the y mod and rx2 both allow queuing iirc. don't quote me on that

Just seeking clarification from previous thread on the best R4i card to get for playing DS games on O3DSXL on current firmware.
There are a lot of suffixes, like RTS, sdhc.com, sdhc.com.cn etc.

Also, is it still the case that playing DS games from the SD card is problematic?

Get Y Mod

Did BOTW leak? anyone have a working link?

>Did BOTW leak?

Can I use a USB stick for the Brazilian method? I won't have a usable external hard drive until Wednesday, and I want to play BotW tonight

Got a "FSGetMountSource failed." error when I tried loadiine.ovh/ in step two. What's the deal? Should I have downloaded that optional Loadiine in step one?

I wish the wiiu wasn't hard to hack

It's not hard, just tedious with a bunch of roadbumps due to shoddy and unreliable exploits. It'll get better as time goes on.

Anyone? Is there a written guide for this anywhere?

It's not.

Zelda whe-wait I've been playing it the past 3 hours
Nintendont on gamepad when?

In OP under wii u links

Does the Wii U version of BoTW have touch-screen inventory management like the other Zelda HD rereleases?
Does the game use the touchscreen at all?

no

one screen game, but you play it on the gamepad

Anything else I should know before I install these?
I made sure my WiiU isn't connected to the internet
I have an NTSC WiiU
I have Haxchi installed

>NTSC WiiU
>PAL BoTW game
Enjoy your brick :^)

>Step 0 asks to extract the "wiiu" folder of Loadiine to the root of the SD card
>The only things in here are these

What should I do with them? Is there a version with a WiiU folder? There seem to be a lot of nightly versions, but no stable ones.

So I know the guides are saying not to mix up Wii and vWii WAD files, but do I need to look out for homebrew apps that differ between the two? Can I fuck up the system by picking the wrong .dol file?

Any way to fix a 3ds SD card from being write protected? I have the lock switch on the side off, but it still wont let me paste files into it

i dont think it will survive

github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2

Down at the info box is where the stable version is linked. First line of text. Not sure why the nightly's are missing the wiiu folder but I used the stable release fine just today.

Thanks, user!

Ok, just need to get one thing clear, Is it possible to install games to an external drive without a CFW?

If I have enough space on the system memory, can I use that instead?

Why is 11.3 still not considered safe?

"safe firmwares" is actually "firmwares that can be hacked"
11.3 is perfectly safe if you already have cfw

bump

to rephrase my question; is there any reason I should avoid this particular flashcart to use with my O3DSXL?
nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=507

Pardon my misunderstandings then and thank you.

bump

Tried opening BOTW after installing and i got this. Anyone know what the cause might be? i suspect it's because i didn't boot up mochaCFW before i installed the full game,but i'd like to be sure

kek forgot the file and now it won't let me upload it but it says:
"There is an error in the software data.
Please go to Data Management to delete the software.

Big man, waiting 4 hours for a new thread to talk shit.

>i didn't boot up mochaCFW before I installed the full game

the fucking guide directly tells you to boot mocha first before installing and before playing

yeah,it was a retard slipup because i was excited i got WUPinstaller working. Hopefully that's the cause

So, I hacked this fucker about one month ago while it was at 11.2 and it went down smooth but now with 11.3 cockblocking my good times I have no bloody idea of what to do

Should I update Luma or a9lh like 3ds.guide says or is there another shenanigan I should know about?

So question. Can I just install MochaCFW AND RedNAND on my Wii U without Haxchi? FlimFlam's tutorial makes it seem like I need Haxchi to install RedNAND with MochaCFW?

time to delete and try again. I'm pretty sure what you installed is essentially useless space taking data since it wasn't done in mocha.

How can I use the homebrew launcher without having to open it in the browser everytime?

I installed Zelda with WUP Y but I fucked up when I meant to install the update and am in the process of installing the game again. Will that hurt anything or is it just overwriting what I just did?

>installing BotW
>gets to 40%

>error 0xFFFFF825
>Possible bad SD card Reformat (32k blocks) or replace

I know what its telling me to do but I was having trouble with the SD before when trying to run the kernel exploit and reformatted to 64k allocation and got it to work. Now WUP is saying I need 32k. Jesus christ. Should I just reformat and hope for the best?

yep,deleted it and reinstalling right now.
other question:i previously installed the update with mocha booted and it looks functional in data management. can i leave it as is or do i have to reinstall that too once i'm done reinstalling the full game?

"FSGetMountSource failed" means it cant read your SD card. Make sure it's inserted properly; just take it out and put it back in for good measure.

If it's still not working, make sure it's formatted properly. FAT32, 32kb clusters, don't format it with window's default formatter, use guiformat.

actually I'm curious about this, what happens if you install the update before the game?

does the wiiu actually overwrite files when it does updates or does it just redirect calls?

anyone?

Can you install a .3ds with FBI? I thought I was getting some .cia and I downloaded a bunch of them are they the same?

You need to use .cia. .3ds can only be used with citra

ok thanks

.3ds is for flashcarts or the emulator

Idk wtf any of that means but this is how i got it running. Use mocha exploit then go to your wup installer and install the game and then the update. Then play

pls help

you can use mochaCFW without Haxchi by booting into it from the homebrew launcher

being able to use RedNAND requires you to go through the haxchi process.

Ahhhhh

So what exactly is Haxchi then?

I miss 10.4-chan and the user lurking because of Henkaku

anyone?

My external hard drives are beeping and not working when plugged into the WiiU. A search online revealed that they aren't getting enough power from the WiiU. Is there any way to mitigate this? Could I use a USB stick or something instead of an external hard drive?

Y-Cable.

Haxchi is the payload of replacing files in those DS virtual console games to boot into the homebrew launcher without having to use the internet browser

This gives you a permanent CFW entrypoint without having to use the internet browser

decrypt9 can convert .3ds to .cia

Test it with h2testw/f3/f3x. If those tools say the SD is bad, go buy one that's not shit.

Then reformat with 32K.

how did you hook up an external harddrive to a wii u...
wtf

Ah, thanks! Would this work?

amazon.com/StarTech-com-USB2HABMY3-Cable-External-Drive/dp/B003HHK576

Would one of the ends need to match the external hard drive's opening or not? This might be hard if that's the case, this thing is strange.

So with everyone in /zlg/ getting worried I thought I'd ask here:

Anyone ever heard of or received a console ban for playing WiiU titles installed via Brazilian method?

I imagine playing Zelda early and getting that logged on your Miiverse/etc is probably a really bad idea though

I think the wiiu just sees you as playing "Mii Maker" since that's what the homebrew launcher masquerades as as far as I know

Is there a way to install the homebrew channel to the Wii U system menu without having to use haxchi?

Apparently I'm reading on something called sign patcher (gbatemp.net/threads/simple-signature-check-patcher.451138/), and it says you can install it and run it but I just want to make sure.

Would I also have to run sign patcher every time I want to run the homebrew channel from the menu?

Brazilian method installs the game natively to your system menu, so it doesn't get seen as Mii Channel but what the game actually is.

yes

Well yes that's what the homebrew launcher shows as, but I mean after you install the game to NAND or USB and you play it.

The title.key is from a disc copy so to the WiiU you're playing a disc version, but I'm just wondering if anyone's gotten popped for it.

I don't intend to let my homebrewed WiiU online anyways in case they release a 5.5.2.FuckYou update but just wondering

Thanks, reddit.

yeah but you need to be in mocha to load it, and I think the wiiu thinks you're in mii maker as long as you're in mocha

I'm probably wrong about that though.

>Step 15) Launch Haxchi. After about 30 seconds, it should reload the system menu. This means that you're now running HaxchiFW.

>Step 16) Launch Haxchi again. While It's booting, hold 'B'.

>Step 17) You'll be looking at the WUP Installer MOD. Press 'A' to install the Homebrew Launcher Channel.

I'm getting a boot loop when I try to install anything with WUP installer. Like, I still hear the music for the Wii U Menu trying to load, and pressing A just causes it to try starting Mii Maker and then launching WUP Installer again.

I mean games in general, not specifically BotW which right now needs to be run through Mocha.

Haven't done any permanent mods ie: Mocha or Haxchi so I'm waiting for Friday to play Zelda

on the Switch

What should the file size for BotW be?

9.96gb zipped
10.1gb upzipped

Is this correct?

If all I am doing is loading back ups from usb do I really need a bigger sd card for the wiiu than the 2 gig it may have came with?

run the par2 to check integrity of the files

I tried playing with a usb hdd. Pluged it in my wiiu everything was fine until i exited the botw cave. it then god disconnected. i looked it up and nintendo advises not using hdd. I went to store got a 32gb stick for 10 bucks prob overpriced but whatever. Installed in on that and works perfect

How?

mega.nz/#!E00CTYoY!PnjZcSRWqOQ6GVCDwVNi4yRninN6N8UjY4GYDe2x154

I get into the Homebrew of my Wii U using Loadine and I have the mocha app installed. When I launch mocha, I get booted back into my wii u menu. I was told to go into homebrew, go into mocha, then go into homebrew again, but it keeps crashing for me. It's like a 50/50 chance of getting into homebrew for me. Am I supposed to get lucky twice in a row?

yes. games are installed from SD card to the USB drive. so your SD card needs to be as big as the biggest game you want to hold

just get a 32GB

>i looked it up and nintendo advises not using hdd. I went to store got a 32gb stick
USB flash drives are usually slow af

>downsized version

HELP

Shitty USB flash drives are. But you're only ever writing when you do the install/patch or when you save data, most of what you need is good read speeds which is doable on any name-brand USB stick now. Just avoid cheap chink tier ones.

It works great though man using the SanDisk Cruzer.

Do I have to install games to a usb drive? Can't I install games to the same SD if there is enough space?

is the ass shopped

because god damn son

can anyone whos already set up for it try editing the region file for botw to jpn as described in this thread:
gbatemp.net/threads/zelda-botw-japanese-language-how-to-change-language.462569/

i dont want to go through the hassle that is iosuhax if i don't know for sure it works

It depends. There have been dozens of "Sandisk Cruzers" over the years and even the newest ones on USB 3.0 can be only ~10MB/s.

Don't use USB flash drives, use an USB SD card reader with an SD card instead.

Flash drives aren't made for constant reading and writing and will go bad sooner than you think.

Neither are SD cards. Look at the Raspberry Pi.

Oh, oops. Turns out when I got the "latest version" of the homebrew launcher channel I was actually download something different just because it had a higher version number and IT WAS ON THE SAME FUCKING PAGE. CHRIST! Why do they do this shit so intentionally? Better yet, why do I only hack things when I'm tired?