/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

Crystals are dumb Edition

>FINAL FANTASY® XIV: STORMBLOOD™ COLLECTOR'S EDITION [PC] Pre-Order
store.na.square-enix.com/product/436377/final-fantasy-xiv-stormblood-collector-s-edition-pc

>Little Ladies' Day 2017
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2017/Little_Ladies_Day/

>Gear Design Contest (Ranged Magic DPS/Healer Edition)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/57b6173ca0330be656b9e7c6763a930a1d5ec5bf

>Patch 3.55a Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/18f5ec1117033baa6574e9428acd375129aa498e

>Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXXII and XXXIII
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3ee28e9c3569e2c7be7212675e20a99641370d8d

>Red Mage Teaser:
youtube.com/watch?v=ht6LWFFCPUw

>Samurai Teaser
youtube.com/watch?v=Fp9EgbhokJM

>Stormblood Trailer (FULL)
youtube.com/watch?v=Jt1h1MinlLI

>Fanfest interview with Yoshi:
gamerescape.com/2016/12/26/famitsu-sits-down-with-naoki-yoshida-at-jp-fan-festival-2016/

>3.5 Gung Ho for GARO Collaboration
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/001753.html

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/YcEBGQWu

Previously on /xivg/:

Crystal Chronicles was an entertaining and exciting story

who thought worshiping a crystal was a good idea

Worst patch yet.

4.0 is going to be just as disappointing.

$7 for this

I agree

i love seto

ugly

Opinions on the patch?

Need to prove a point, post handsome au'ra men

>3.55a
>expecting anything from a patch number with a second decimal place and a letter
you might be retarded

The emote is shit and I'm glad I don't play with people who were dumb enough to buy it. Proto Ultima was cool but easy because it's basically impossible to wipe to since it's a series of casual DPS checks tuned for 4 DPS, not 15. I'm looking forward to Thursday

The letter is only there because they fucked up the re-release of Diadem and had to delay it.

>Expect a proto-ultima trial
>Get a 90 second trash fight African children could do in their sleep

You faggots really will defend anything, won't you?

seto is the best!

hello

good taste in yukata

bad taste in emotes

I'm an Au'ra but I'm tired of being an Au'ra

what race makes most sense for Ninja/Samurai?

Finally we can be together.

post catpits and catbutt

paks

I like your aura. Don't do this friendo..

i dont know how to

I'm piggybacking off your post

What female race would suit RDM the best?

seto be my bf

This pretty much. I was just looking forward to new relic step, nerf to the old steps, and garo gear being put in the salvager.
I'm content.

At least the Yuna outfit is really cute.

Nobody does

>class that runs around in queer dresses and a rapier
elezens

I'm asking the same thing. Probably Elezen.

Post Highlanders!

I dunno user. I miss being a Roe. Third fantasia is the charm right?

I wish there was a Crystal Chronicles remake.

Are the faint animations when you're 0 HP still the same generic one everyone has?
Also reminder that 1.0 had unique faint animations.

Haha I can't sleep

it's the most wonderful time of the yeaaar

Same
Only slept for 3 hours

take off gear and take a screenshot while doing /pose

monk or summoner? (roll a 5 and I'll play that)

summoner

if 5 dragoon

I disagree with your choice but the heart wants what it wants. Go be the cutest roe there ever was. I believe in you.

Ninja

Play the one you want to play the most, faggot

maybe some day...

>Songbird jacket
Finally, my glamour is possible

>didn't realize proto ultima was a 24 man
>not even a trial at all
>just some sub boss
WHY BOTHER

>balmongoloids pretend they care for content when all they do is idle in ul'dah

really gets the ticker tocking

no way fag

Total shit

post /play dead

summoner it is

>all those piles of dead bodies in Ul'dah already

It's a cool fight. Even its really gimped Ifrit charge was kinda okay, and its add phase. Like, I like the fight, but you can tell they didn't tune it for 24-man. I don't see how it is possible to wipe on it, I WISH I got to see Supernova go off, but the DPS checks are all too easy. As an 8-man trial, that would have been a really, really amazing fight

what cross skills are necessary for DRK?

Provoke, awareness, mercy stroke, convo, and uh foresight maybe

Highlanders!

red post

Post character data! I need a cute highlander retainer.

I really enjoy dun scaith so I look forward to enjoying another part of it more than the pain in the ass that was the succubus miniboss

Wasn't me man I mostly just went "Woah this is a lot of things that are happening" and some dude walked a giant fucking laser beam onto my skull.

You're real far off the mark there, man

The issue is that Proto Ultima is arguably easier than the Succubus. It's a fun fight, but arguably going to kill less people than the succubus managed to

It's not a contest to design the hardest thing possible that wipes everyone user, as much of a let down proto ultima itself is, putting it there in dun scaith in place of the succubus is all good, there was nothing more frustrating than trying to deeps hard in dun scaith, getting to that boss and just having the constant seductions poop all over your dps when you're in a groove at 3 am

>tfw proto-ultima lets you get spell speed on both ring slots

>bringing up ERP out of nowhere

Oh, I know who you are now. I told you I don't ERP like three times and that I didn't want to EB you so just drop it already man.

>seto hour

I'm in

>stopped playing because no friendos and felt guild was inactive
>the people who were actually active were really nice and helped me with everything even though i dont say much
>realize the reason i felt the guild was inactive is because im a neet nolife degenerate who mainly plays throughout the night/morning
>gonna resub as i haven't found any game that has satisfied me the way this one did, even though it was in small doses

It's been 3 months, have they kicked me /xivg/?

Uh, you're gonna like Proto Ultima even less then because that's gonna happen when he jumps to double Flare Star and Ifrit charge. Like, don't get me wrong, I really like the fight but as a 24-man encounter he is less of a threat and more of a speedbump than the succubus. He's an 8-man trial in a 24-man raid, so his DPS checks are easy as sin despite being cool, and his fight lasts longer than it should because of his invulnerability before the adds even factor in. The later invulnerability isn't an issue because you just DPS the adds and he melts afterwards, but he jumps, then jumps and flare stars twice then dashes and that's about 30 seconds of you waiting for him to return

Come to Balmung and make friends with fellow nolife neet degenerates!

go away

I've come across a problem recently, and I'm wondering if anyone else has a fix for this since DX11 is going to be the main in Stormblood. With DX9 I can tab out freely and my game never crashes, but when I switch to DX11 I'm unable to do so. Can anyone help?

Seto's also inside of you

I can see bad groups not meeting the dps check

>tfw I was unironically hoping proto ultima would be challenging since it's the last thing before SB so they'd make it hard... right?

;_;

Technically we still have whatever they're turning the Diadem into to go.

DON'T BULLY MY GF!!!

Nyo

pls...

It's really sad, like that fight would be amazing if it had less people hitting him

i wish i could, but i'm from eu

Wow, the same character model and pose that have been in the game since 2010, and you took a photo of it!

Man!

hi does anyone on aether wanna run expert?

pf is up, pass is 1999

glowing spear

So how exactly does the drop from proto ultima work? I just did a run of DS and I don't thin it dropped anything.

All this talk about Proto-Ultima and i couldnt even clear a9s yet :D

I'll do one in like an hour, pretty sure we know each other anyway.

Have you tried borderless winowed mode?

It's a weekly quest.

Yeah.

>Pick up weekly quest
>Run DS
>Kill trash mod Proto-Ultima after 2nd boss.
>Turn in quest
>Choose accessory.

You can't clear 9s if you never enter it, buddy

The entire patch is completely shit.

Oh well fuck guess I should have checked first.

Who knows then, maybe check for driver updates. My game will randomly crash when I tab out, but it's really rare so I couldn't tell you what causes it

Someone calculate how much relic accuracy I need, I'm too lazy.

alrighty I'll still be up so message me ingame or reply again

how about you do the math yourself... it is not hard