/nepgen/ - Neptunia General #1180

Big Nepper Edition

Last Thread: Hyperdimension Neptunia Downloads (Skins, Artbooks, Manga, Guides, Soundtracks, etc.):
pastebin.com/jb3cHtu9

NepNep Connect Chaos Chanpuru Stuff:
Character Cards for CC Introduced: gematsu.com/2017/02/nep-nep-connect-chaos-chanpuru-details-character-cards
Latest Chaos Chanpuru Trailer: youtu.be/B-aaPg3rCJE
CC's Opening Released: youtu.be/0Hs9hezCdDQ
CC's Gameplay Explained: siliconera.com/2017/01/25/nep-nep-connect-chaos-chanpuru-shows-us-play-strategic-card-game/

4 Goddesses Online Things:
Second Item Pack DLC for 4GO Announced: compileheart.com/neptune/4goddessesonline/dlc/?page=1
4GO's Fanart Contest Winners Announced: compileheart.com/neptune/4goddessesonline/plan/
Neptune's Drama CD Translation: youtu.be/CSljICO3A44
Blanc's Drama CD Translation: youtu.be/5jH0QqBfOtE
Vert's Drama CD Translation: youtube.com/watch?v=DypjiWVluoo

Other urls found in this thread:

famitsu.com/news/201702/28127935.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FIX
YOUR
FUCKING
OP

I'm gonna make Uzume happy and you punks can't do anything about it!.

What the fuck are you whining about now, autist?

Vert is best goddess.

>Five links for 4GO
>No mention of the new DLC pack
Goddammit can't you faggot do anything right?
famitsu.com/news/201702/28127935.html

Cry more, bitchass.

My main beef with XNALara is that you can't save the camera. It forces you to pose the models blind.
And it's not drama-free, there's less bullshit than in MMD, but it's still pretty bad.

Yeah, that OP is pretty shitty. It's as if the OP just desperately tried to rush it as quickly as possible, but couldn't give a fuck about actually checking if he needed to add more links.
Sad, really.

Lewd Compa, desu~

Kill yourself.

So uh
is this general basically /a/?

Nah. Here, we talk about the games and insult the OP for being a moron.

I love Nepgear!

There's nothing wrong with the OP. You're just bootyblasted for some strange unknown reason.

I want Compa to give me a shot of white, sticky liquid from her huge syringe!

I love Gearnon!

I want Compa to fix that shitty OP!

>You will never be as autistic as the retard who whines like a baby over the OP just because he's not the one who made it
thank nep for that.

My wife Iffy belongs to me.

It's too late, Jim. OP is beyond redemption.

I want to fuck her in front of you and have you join in.

Nepgear, my goddess!

>you can't save the camera
What? You can save the camera. You can either use a shortcut to do a quick save of the camera's angle or save the entire scene and keeps the camera's settings.

>it's not drama-free
As chill as the xnalara community can be, it also happens to have the majority of its stuff on deviant art which is a bit of a nest for drama.

But you can't have several cameras saved, and even saving the camera is counter-intuitive.

And yeah. Just recently a guy decided to stop porting stuff to XNA because of some reason "you all know why".

It's really sad when a retard can't even fix the OP before posting it because it doesn't really care about it.
Sad, really.

>being this assblasted over the op
Pathetic!

It's not the first time an OP is rushed without proper proofread, and it won't be the last.

But it's rare for OP to get mad about being called out on his shittery.

The love is in the air~

>nobody got that reference yet

>you can't have several cameras saved
Yes. SFM is better in that regard. Actually, it's the only poser I can think of that supports multiple cameras.
>even saving the camera is counter-intuitive.
This is by design. They wanted it to be consistent with the rest of the program.

>"you all know why"
Sad and funny!

There's literally nothing wrong with the OP. You're just a whiny turbo-autist.

What a great friendship.

Well, at least they're consistent. The whole program is counter intuitive.

As shitty as that fucked up OP, honestly.

>tfw fell for the 'VII is actually a good game' -meme

It didn't have any significant gameplay improvements over the R;B -games. It was just a slightly polished way more annoying R;B3 with atrocious pacing. In fact, I think I prefer R;B3 over VII.

They had some somewhat interesting new ideas, but they totally fucked up executing them. What they tried to fix they just ended up replacing with other broken/boring/pointless shit.

I wish I had had low expectations for the game. Don't get me wrong, I got what I wanted, more neps, but I was also expecting a decent game this time around.

tl;dr, V-II was shit, just like all the other nep games and I don't know how I managed to be delusional enough to believe this wouldn't be the case. .

Sounds like you might just be a retarded 2bh

>I think I prefer R;B3 over VII
Wait, wait.
Before I explode out of rage, tell me more.
What is it that you didn't like, beyond the "they just replaced boring stuff with more boring stuff"?

>didn't like the other games
>thinks he will like this one either
very smart

To his defense, I hold VII in high regard and thought even people disliking the Rebirth games would end up liking it.

I love Tiara.

I want to stalk her!

I want to cum inside Neptune so bad!

Is blanc vs. zombies seriously like less than 10 hours long?

>I prefer R;B3 over VII.
Finally someone gets it.
>make 1/3rd of a game into a tutorial
>then reset your progress 4 times
>long scenes are split into smaller ones, but there's nothing to do in between
>each character now needs to reiterate on what happened 5 seconds ago
>most of the jokes removed in favor of the most predictable drama plot ever
>"cool boss batles" which are normal battles except you can't attack
>building roads
>random encounters lol
>nepgear
I honestly have no idea how the same people can shit on Victory writing and then go on to praise VII.

I want to show off my share rod to her~

>random encounters lol
Okay, these are okays. Your point is valid.

RB1 is the best nep game. Other games might be slightly more polished but not significantly different and the characters and plots suck ass, specially in RB2.

Every character that isn't in the RB1 story is fucking shit, and the makers except IF and Compa are fucking shit in RB1 as well.

You're entitled to have shit taste.

>fanfiction story
>downgraded V gameplay
>recycled V's assets, the game
I know it was your first game, my PC friend, but it's far from being the best.

Everyone stop what you're doing and post the cutest nep picture you have.

NEPU!

>Finally someone gets it.
victory was a good game and all but what

>make 1/3rd of a game into a tutorial
sort of bad i guess, but it's not like it was holding your hand constantly or anything. they simply had a bit of the game where it was simplified some. came with a nice little short story portion which tied into the main story in a surprising way later on.

The easiest part of RPGs and Nep games is when you have all the resources from earlier parts of the game piling up. The only real annoyance was lacking the key item to break boxes, the rest was completely fair and you can even get the True End requirements done without grinding on every route, easily.

>long scenes are split into smaller ones, but there's nothing to do in between
HDN1 and mk2 did this too, Victory's the odd one out. Instead of singular very long scenes that have strange pacing, they do a lot of shorter varied scenes in some cases.

V-II has plenty of gags, the humor is simply handled less blatantly. They also mixed a lot more of them into the scenes naturally rather than having them be some out of place LOL WACKY REFERENCE

The Dark CPUs were a mistake, that much is completely true. Pathetically easy fights that are all repeats of each other only it gets easier every time because you get more tools.

>building roads
Pointless, but it's not like it costs anything.

>random encounters lol
Worked in the first portion of the game and not at all afterwards. Good idea, bad execution. Earlier games didn't punish you at all for leaving dungeons to freely heal, the potential of a threat kept you on your toes. And then they stayed level 1 mobs the entire game for some reason.

>nepgear
What?

>but not significantly different
Are you making this complaint about games that aren't R;B1, the game made virtually ENTIRELY out of lazily recycled content from the previous entries?

Fuck off.

He said neps.

Why can't you guys just admit that all the Nep games are inherently kinda bad, and that there's no point in being elitist over them until we get an actual 8/10 game out of this franchise?

>"if you disagree with me, you're elitist"
No, fuck off, you don't know what elitist means. Go to fucking /gsg/ and ask for help here, you'll see how it feels to ask elitists.

I have a couple of cute Uzumes, but this one just simply melts my heart.

No need to be so hostile, Tchaikovsky

/gsg/ is full of nothing but literal fucking retards though.

Literal retards who are actually elitists.
/nepgen/ is just in love with the neps. You can criticize the games, just not the girls.

>V-II has plenty of gags, the humor is simply handled less blatantly. They also mixed a lot more of them into the scenes naturally rather than having them be some out of place LOL WACKY REFERENCE
I wonder how much of this is Nicky D being kill.

So there are people missing Doerr?

That's not just Doeer.
Even in HDN1, you sometimes got strange jokes out of nowhere, like the people of the Detris Corporation trying to fill a truck with crates.
You could remove these jokes and not change a thing to the story.

Why was V-II even called V-II when it completely ignored the most important part of V, the Ultradimension? I don't think they ever directly mentioned it, just gave it some very tiny nods here and there.

I get that they didn't want the ultradimension CPUs in the game, but they could have just written it off instead of completely ignoring it.

I kind of agree with you, though my reasoning is a bit different.
For me VII was an "inverted RB3 on blur steroids", and it sure wasn't RB3 if it didn't fuck something up.

While the improvements are there, the game implements them in a very weird way, taking a step back for every step forward.
Take a look at the gameplay for example. Characters get new skills and combo attacks, but most of them, such as those "surround" combos are completely useless. There's no longer a guard gauge, but it doesn't matter as the bosses now have 7 bars of HP. The world map is fresh and fancy, but travelling through it takes a shitton of time, and it gets even worse after you realize you have to enter a mandatory fight with a bunch of lvl 1 monsters pretty much every few checkpoints.

My main problem with the game, though, is its story. I did like it, but holy hell was it a snorefest. It almost feels like they didn't know what to do with the game, read the complaints about mk2/V and decided to mix the two together, getting a weird abomination with the wacky protagonist inside a serious story, with one of the components looking out of place. Zerodimension takes itself way too serious, Golden Third arc would work better as an MLP fanfic and Heart Dimension is just an edgefest.
The jokes in the game are almost non-existent. Even RB2, one of the more serious games in the series, eventually gets to its lighthearted side and gives you something fun and wacky, such as Noire's bikini scene or Nep's Idol Contest. In VII it's serious bullshit all the way with the only fun things being the Dogoo men and Neptune's quest on Developers Island.
The slice-of-life stuff they throw at you makes you want to press the skip button. Was Neptune whining like a spoiled child about her pudding supposed to be funny? Or maybe I should have laughed my ass off at how everyone went full retard and gave their food to Arfoire because the magical voice told them to? Maybe, but I sure as hell didn't.

It's a meme name because it's the seventh game of the franchise, so V-II.
IT'S EPIC, Neptune would like it.

>Compa picture
I didn't even bother to read you're post.

Because it's a sequel, not a reboot.

What did it ignore?

>The slice-of-life stuff they throw at you makes you want to press the skip button
Okay, fuck off. You're expelled from /nepgen/.
"For he who skips Nep-Nep's banter shan't be trusted to be one's peer." - The Book of Neptune.

Beru is my least favourite nep, but I have to admit this one pic is just too cute.

/comfy/ as fuck

Because it follows the sequel hook that V left off on...?

Well, Old Nep mentioned that she came from the Peashy continent (Ultra Dimension) and, even if they she didn't know her goddess' name, she did say that her name was something with P.

Even then, there's no need to mention UD at ALL, since the main story doesn't happen over there.

Why do you even play Neptunia games? Clearly they aren't for you.

Shhh, don't point out the contradictions, or he'll get mad.

Yeah I love HDN2 and Mk3, great games.

Literally how I felt about the game.

mk2 was a reboot and Victory is mostly completely unrelated to mk2.

V-II's main events are almost all linked to Ultradimension Neptune and Croire, who she caught at the very end of Victory.

Yeah, I also liked the part where Nep had to save Nepgear from Ultradimension before suddenly teleporting to Zerodimension.

The Karma Ending alone makes V worth it 2bh.

>V-II follows V's True End
>No game to follow V's Good End with Neptune and Plutia dual protagonist action again

The Karma Ending was shit.

t. Gearnon

I love Eryn SO MUCH

Tiara is cool though

>Gearnon

>red panties
Nope, still lewd.

it's okay to be lewd

What would you do with this nep?

Big Nep is for big nepping only.

I would marry her and then she would be the mother of my children.

I would MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS

There's "okay" lewd, and there's "she needs a spanking" lewd.

My grown-up wife neppy is so sexy.

I want to spank Ethel and tell her she's a good girl afterwards.

>and, even if they she didn't know her goddess' name, she did say that her name was something with P
Pururut?

So Tiara?