4.0 K-State student drops out, says college is a scam

People are starting to wake up, and not falling for the college meme anymore.

kstatecollegian.com/2016/12/19/4-0-k-state-student-drops-out-says-college-is-a-scam/?utm_content=buffer6fbc1&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
>videos on YouTube that literally teach you step by step to build an online business with little money,”
Also, where are these/what are the best ones to watch?

Other urls found in this thread:

sfu.ca/students/financialaid/undergrad/open-scholarship.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Also, where are these/what are the best ones to watch?
Apparently they are on YouTube, you answered that yourself.
The "best" ones depend on what online spaces you are trying to get into.

Yeah, they should clean toilets like you, then they'd become redpilled and EPIC XD

i went into engineering. the majority of the lectures are useless and the professors can't teach/you don't learn anything. i learned more from getting my hands on solution manuals and checking how various types of problems are solved, looking things up online, and reading the books. although, most of the required books are actually dogshit because the professors can't teach, so they choose something that is a good reference book (for them) or a book they wrote instead of a good introductory book. labs have the opportunity to be useful, but most of the TAs are also dogshit because the bulk of US citizens realize that PhDs are largely useless so the TAs can barely speak english.

then there's the fact that no one really gives a fuck about your GPA and the degree is more of a right of passage. unfortunately, no one told me that so i focused more on my GPA than getting internships and now i'm stuck in academia pursuing a worthless PhD, because that's the only place where they actually remotely care about GPA.

>4.0
>first semester
Wow, so smart.

i'm currently going to k-state, and i have to say, this guy is a retard

k-state is possibly the best fucking university locally (ku is good for med, that's it), and if he thinks it's a scam of money, he can go to Fort Hays where they literally hand out money and scholarships like it's candy. i'm sure he just got to college and learned "wow i can't copy every assignment like i did the past 4 years, fuck this place" and left.

i hope they do a followup of this kid in a few years to see where he's at now, just so everyone can laugh at him.

also
>4.0
>first semester

so you're currently a student, making no or little money, you go to the same school so you have an emotional investment and defend it, and call the kid an idiot for calling your path a scam.

we can also do a follow up in a few years on you and see how you compare.

the difference is that the dropout has no basis on why he quit. he has no direction other than "you can learn the same stuff on youtube." that's it.
but as i said, if he thinks college itself is a scam, then he should've cheesed his way into scholarships so he didn't have to pay any money. it's literally free money. besides, if he was as true 4.0 student, then scholarships shouldn't be an issue at all, right?

all of this reminds me of all the music wannabe's over on soundcloud who think they can become the next avicii or drake. the odds are clearly against him.

you're delusional if you think GPA will get you scholarships. are you white, and how many scholarships have you got?

also, it's not free money because you're pissing away 4 years of your life during which time you have little or no income. it's great if at the end it leads to a 60k+ job, but if all it leads to is something that pays ~40k then you wasted your time.

So literally any major other than retarded liberal arts shit?

K-State is easy, and only gets easier.

I transfered with 60 credits from a online CC. Online courses were harder than K-state.

have you looked at the student body distribution by major at most schools? i can assure you that most of them, other than tech schools, are not in STEM.

even STEM isn't a safe choice depending on the major and the school. you won't get the same job opportunities from a second rate state school as you will from MIT, Stanford, or Cal Tech.

>you're delusional if you think GPA will get you scholarships

This is my school
> sfu.ca/students/financialaid/undergrad/open-scholarship.html
I missed this when I was going there because jackasses like you said white people couldn't get scholarships.

who do you think gets awarded these scholarships? or do you seriously expect them to say "no white ppl pls?"

I didn't even look for it because I had a defeatist "all scholarships are for special groups" attitude, like the other poster. Near the end, after my GPA was pretty solidly in the 3-3.5 range, I wisened up, but it was too late.

>tfw got rejected by Brazzers University and had to settle for Blacked A&M

lmao'd

I'm Mr. Chew's Asian Beaver alumni, pretty good school I have to say

bump

He's talking about Tai Lopez or someone like him, and he's a fucking moron. All he has is an inactive site for his rave clothing brand and a facebook page that's a month old. He's likely going to dropship so look up dropshipping youtube channels if you're interested but there are better ways to learn to be a 'lifestyle entrepreneur'.

If you look at his facebook and twitter pages, they both use the same pics - it's a pic of his ugly girlfriend and him. Gary Vaynerchuk was an early investor in Twitter and Facebook and now owns a large digital marketing firm. Gary is big on YouTube and he has books that are all worth listening to (he narrates and goes off the script). You might be able to find one of them on YouTube for free and failing that, get a free audible 30 day trial and check those books out.

For actual business stuff you can find plenty of guys that do low tier stuff like dropshipping or niche sites (that make money from affiliate income). Loser2Winner sold his dropshipping biz after a few months for $3k, RedPillReviews and ThisIsTrouble do niche sites; the latter also does date coaching and RPR has made a plugin to help writing consistently.

There is also SmartPassiveIncome who is pretty well known (also a liar imo) that makes money from blogging and, more importantly, has a podcast where a lot of people are featured and talk about what they do.

For business stuff check out TropicalMBA. They have an active podcast full of stuff and live the lifestyle. And EmpireFlippers own a high end website / business marketplace. They do a podcast and have a youtube channel where they have the site owners talk about what their site does. You can hear how they started it.

For legit businesses, non 'lifestyle' you can check out YCombinator's (SV venture) YouTube and their podcast Startup Radio.

I've heard hours and hours and hours of successful entrepreneurs talking about their story by looking their interviews up on YouTube.

That's the problem. All we hear are guys saying a lot of bullshit but not showing us how it's fucking done.

GaryVee is the same goddamn thing. Talks a big game but shows none of his successes. Tai Lopez is a fake motherfucker as well.

Gary looks like he just got off of meth and Tai Lopez looks like some queer who rented a Lamborghini.

If you want people to become successful, teach them. If you're successful, why should you be so afraid that others learn what you know? I find that really stupid and downright selfish

>there are better ways to learn to be a 'lifestyle entrepreneur'.
Teach me, Senpai

t. college graduate Neet

why do you think the phrase "those who can, do; those who can't, teach." exists?

if you know what you need to do to become successful you'll do it instead of trying to make money from retarded self help books. if you are successful and want to help others you'll write the book and make it free. this isn't even uncommon, just look all the free coding resources, e.g. think python.

I'm aware of all of the free resources. Codecademy, YouTube, Khan Academy, etc etc

Nwm I forgot to scroll down before replying

>dropshipping
2 issues. I read on Veeky Forums that most people just click buy on the first link that comes up when they search for something, but it feels very doubtful that anyone except very elderly or retarded people wouldn't just search the major online marketplaces for the item cheaper (amazon, overstock, newegg etc), and also is there a program I can use to automate the process of dropshipping, so it doesn't depend on me manually fulfilling every order, and also to keep my identity private from the end buyer.

Also, One thing I never heard mentioned here yet is the possibility of dropshippers getting slammed with negative reviews once people figure out what you're doing, literally trying to Jew people into paying you more money than an item sells for retail online.