Why do people like this car...

Why do people like this car? It's slow as shit and doesn't have a single redeeming characteristic about it other than le twin turbo which obviously doesn't mean anything since it gets spanked by a miata in the 0-60

Scumbag mentality

how bout the fact it looks amazing

Is that why you idiots buy cars?
Cuz muh looks?
Imo it looks like shit.
Its subjective.
>it never runs
>its ok cuz it looks nice
Kek

You asked why people like this car not why do they buy it you fuckin mongoloid, I like the car because I think it looks good, would I buy one? probably not

Im not OP

what is it?

my point still stands you dense nigger

So does mine moron.
>hurrrrr car is pretty
>better buy it
>duuuurrrrr

Looking forward to driving mine tomorrow. Roof off turbo 90s glory.

Scum

This model Z is a great idea on paper and is great with a twin turbo but....

Its a fucking maintenance nightmare.

holy fuck this guy really is retarded

buttmad gmcuck detected

GM is of equal quality to nissan

>Slower than a Miata
What?
They look good, are fun to drive, and quick enough to be enjoyable.

Looks are subjective
They drive like a floppy noodle.
They are slow as fuck.
Youve clearly never driven one

>broken nissan fwd protoype is faster than full on gm corvette race car
yeah... they are of equal quality.. ROFLMAO

>race car is same as street car
Moron bench racer
Gm is terrible anyway

>race car is same as street car
yeah pretty much, its called trickle down effect
that means a nissan leaf is superior to a corvette z06
deal with it

>quality is lap times
Hahahahha scumbags actually believe this

It starred as the Karin Euros in Grand Theft Auto: Las Venturas for the original Xbox

>they drive like a floppy noodle!!
you say he's never driven one, but literally everyone who has and has also made a video of it (and put it on youtube) dissagrees with you

The chassis is less rigid than a miata. And miatas are floppy
>muh youtube subjective, and anecdotal vids
Idiot. Engineering and specs disagree with you.

>quality is ability to set more than one lap time
ftfy*

stay btfo gmcuck

Youre really bad at b8.
I hate GM.
I dont care what you post

I had a bright red '90 TT back when I was 18 and I fucking loved it. It was fast as fuck, had a blow off valve that sounded like semi truck air brake, T-tops, leather seats and a 5 speed. What more could you want?
I think about that car everyday. Even though I've owned several other sports cars in the years since, the 300ZX is the one I miss the most.

>pls believe me, i dont care about gm! theres other reasons im mad at nissan i swear!
lmao

So an 18 year old who didnt know shit about cars and thought it was the bees knees?
Now you romanticize it because it was your first sports car.
Proves nothing

Lol same guy every time. Same comments every time. Must have lost a race or his girlfriend to a z32 or something. How can anyone hate a single car this much?

Objectively a bad company that has never made a good car.
They use cheap metals and poor design.
Prove me wrong

it is aesthetic inside and out and word is it's comfortable

>mobile poster
lmao, pay attention in school kid you shouldnt be on your phone

Poor quality and bad design

>Timeless looks
>GOAT Tier layout (FR 2 Door with fastback hatch)
>TT is fast as fuck, VG30DETT has insane potential
>NA Version is not fast as fuck but it's quicker than anything else you could get ate a similar price nowadays
>Chicks always ask if it's an exotic
>most comfortable sports car ever
>automatic climate control

Can be made quicker (like every Jap car from that period because they were still working around the 276-hp gentlemen's agreement), and loaded with 90s tech. The Z32 was built for grand tours, as opposed to the Miata which was entry-level sports car built for maximum feels.

>bus-cucking 90s Jap shitboxes

It looks like a stretched out Saturn SL.

How is this any different than a TT supra stock for stock?

>muh 100000hp 2jz

I said stock.

The 300zx is the worst car of that bunch. Objectively.
Not sure why the SVX is there. But its even better than the Z

why

Supra weighs less, handles better, and has stupidly good brakes. It's also easier to work on.

>stock
I want to say "show me a stock RZ(-S) trim Supra" but there's probably a few for sale for a small fortune.

A TT Z32 can also be had for cheaper.

Not even 300hp from this massive, Heavy piece of shit.

>least reliable
>worst chassis
>worst brakes
>poor design
>worst suspension
>worst interior
Just unimpressive over all

>Not sure why the SVX is there
It's the closest thing to a 2-door grand tourer 90s Subaru offered. It accomplished what it was supposed to do without issue, though it was never competitive against the rest nor as well-known and is thus spared the benchriders' critique.

Jesus that thing is a monstrosity.

I agree the 300zx was the worst Japanse 90s sports car.

>Since 1989, Japanese automakers have all endorsed—at least on paper—a kind of gentlemen's agreement that limited their advertised horsepower to 276 on domestically produced vehicles. Their primary goal was to avoid a horsepower war in a country where the maximum speed limit is 62 mph

They were built primarily with the Japanese buyer in mind, with the potential to be made more powerful and with the expectation that the owner would do so. Sharts (and benchretards) weren't accounted for.

The SVX wasn't even available with a manual so it's automatically worse that the Z.
The 3000GT is heavy, slow, ugly, FWD and worst of all a Mitsubishi, so it's clearly terrible.
Veeky Forumstists have shit taste.

>muh manual
The svx isnt in the same class. Its just a touring car.
The 3000gt was at least interesting and had awd.
Both the 3000gt and 300zx are ultrashit though

Even with awd it's still slower than the Turbo Z. It's obviously the worst car.

Slower doesnt mean worse.
Bench racer

You are LITERALLY a bench racer, you know that right? I'd say you're just a faggot and this is a troll thread, but I get the feeling your just retarded

Talk to me when you have some driving experience
Bus rider

In this case it does because there are many reasons why it's worse.

I've actually owned a 300ZX and have driven several 3000GTs. Have you?

this. had one. that piece of shit was in the driveway more than it was on the road.

Yes.
The 3000gt was far more comfy.
The z32 was floppy and gross
>cheap stamp steel contoll arms
>no brake coolers
>interior falls apart when you look at it wrong
>half the gauge cluster doesnt work
>speedometer hasnt worked since 1992
Its just sooooo shitty.

lol and American cars were better? a 1991 Nissan Silvia with a 2.0L 4 banger made the same HP as a 1991 5.0L Foxbody Ford Mustang. if you want pathetic, thats it

Z32 are fun cars and are still cheap especially JDM TT 5spd still and have one of the most timeless looking designs.

SVX were still a sporty coupe and pure shit because they only came auto trans and it was a weak shitty auto trans at that. Subarus always been hit n miss, they either make a awesome vehicle like Justy and Sambar or complete shit like SVX and anything with a Boxer engine

>VR4
>Slower than 300ZX Turbo
What the actual fuck are you talking about...

>muh manuel
Kys
The trans wasnt weak. It didnt cool well enough for city driving
They were highly reliable otherwise and really nice cars.
Not sporty at all though.
>t. Owned three of them
Kys for being ignorant scum

>They drive like a floppy noodle.
>They are slow as fuck.

Oh we're talking about Miatas now?

I mentioned miatas
At least miatas are reliable and fun to drive.

because 1/4 mile is meaningless.

Reliability is the most the important thing.
A thing nissan has yet to achieve

So you sat in a 300ZX with a beat to shit interior and a broken speedometer and you think they're all like that?

Are you seriously that retarded? Or are you just grasping for straws

I loved my slow yellow shitpan.

Serious fuck the VG if I had enough time to RB swap...

The truth is that Subaru didn't have a manual trans available that could handle the torque, so they had to make due with an auto. I'm sure they would have loved to have fitted a manual and they definitely would have sold more units if they did. Because a manual is always better than a '90s era slushbox.

So this is ok with you?
Economy tier stamp steel cheap floppy suspension?
Miata has beefier parts.

Nissan is know to be cheap
Nissan is NOT know for their quality

>muh manual
Its a touring car. It doesnt need a manual
Fuck off child

Steel is "floppy" now?
Almost every car has steel suspension components especially those from the early '90s.
If you think you can feel a difference, you're full of shit.

You don't know how to drive a manual do you

Lol.
You are a full blown retard man

You do realize that the 3000gt also has steel suspension components right?
And for what it's worth modern Z's use aluminum.
I really don't understand the point you're trying to make, but it looks a lot like you're failing.

I said the 3000gt was shit too.
But for comparison
>larger
>thicker
>3 point
All means less flex and better design

Is that a 300z? I dont even know what that is.

Saturn SL with a bodykit.

All I know is that the 300ZX's suspension was good enough to have a very successful racing career.
>won 24 hrs of Daytona
>won 24 hrs of Sebring
>won its class at Le Mans

None of its competitors managed to do that.

>race suspension
Not stock.
We wont get into its racing career failures

What about these in particular makes them so hard to work on?

For the most part I actually agree with Le Nissan scum guy, Nissan is the General Motors of Japan
>tool trays are polystyrene
>under the mats is balsa wood
>trim is held on with clips that are designed to break
>Le cramped engine bay

But I disagree with it being slow and ugly. Mine looks really nice in black with the 99 spec front bumper, and at 15 psi it makes ~400hp (250wkw). As for:

>floppy noodle
Strut tower bars and jutties. I don't think I would ever want to own a car witheir jutties

>slower than a Miata
Sure

>slower than a 3000gt
I have raced a gto on stock boost and it was pretty even desu. Gto mr is no slouch and had a killer awd system

Yes the engine bay is cramped, but pulling the engine out is easy lol. This car is tucking stupid yes but I love it and it's worth the memes

Vg>rb

Had to replace the alternator on a 300zx because engine vomits oil on top of it.

Faggot customer has had said alternator replaced by my shop 3 times for not fixing the oil leak. Fuck that car. But I still think the 300zx if maintained was a nice sexy looking car.

What kind of idiot gets someone else to work on a z for him

The 300zx tt two seater is about 151lbs less than the tt supra.

Why do people think the supra is light?

I swear I've seen the conversation take place at least twice before....

but it doesn't lose to a miata in 0-60? it beats the newest miata even though the car is now 27 years old?

FCA=Renault/Nissan

2+2 TT swap?

I also agree with Nissan being the GM of Japan. A common joke that I make (and it isn't even that funny I'm the only one laughing at it) is Nissan """quality""" engineering.

So far, I've had the belts take a shit on me (granted they were cheap chinese ones the PO installed so that's on him for not using Gates MADE IN MURICA and that's on me for not replacing them), the radiator blowing, and the driver side door lock suddenly not working. I'm really hoping the timing belt isn't the next to go, but I still have another 10k before it NEEDS a change. I'm planning on changing it this summer after my tax return comes in.

In NA form, it's quick and in TT form it's fast as fuck. It looks gorgeous to boot.

I still like mine though.

See, I think what the Nissan hater doesn't ralize is most of us z32 owners know damn well that they are not the best cars, but we like them anyway. You don't get world beating performance, but you do get plenty for your money.

Then stop acting like they are reliable and good at all.

Nobody said it was reliable.

Out of all the Z supporters in this thread, not one of them mentioned reliability. Everybody fucking knows Nissan QC is ass.
Good is subjective. If I wanted a car that could make 400 HP on stock internals and turbos then I would say the Z is good. If I wanted a car that was reliable and was easy to work on then the Z is not good.

>tl;dr busrider thinks that all Z owners think the Z is reliable and a """good""" car

Nope. '94 factory manual 2+2 TT jap import. Perks of living in New Zealand.
I've just put all new gates belts on mine, but that's because the previous owner couldn't be fucked fixing a turbo coolant leak and filled the car with 4 bottles of stop leak

Thankfully though, my z is the only one out of all of my mates without leaking t-tops but it does have a broken:
>clutch booster
>brake booster
>aerial
>IACV
>entire stereo system
>heaps of other little broken things

Also the fucking ECU and boost controller are all in Japanese, and the HKS jutties are so old the adjustment makes no sense at all

This. Ive always been an integra guy, I've had a dc5 type s and a dc2r, and the z is the complete opposite car in nearly every way. I wouldn't put up with this piece of shit if I didn't love it so much

I don't think there is such thing as a "reliable" 90s jap turbo car. Can confirm tho from personal experience, z is more reliable than any gto and most RBS, and far easier to make reliable power out of than an fd

So if Nissan is the gm of Japan, what does this mean for assmad gm fangirls?

I agree they drive like a floppy noodle but I would not call it slow as fuck, with just a jI'm wolf ecu and intake / cat delete they fucking rip

ah, that is a good snag then.
Sounds like a pain, I actually haven't heard of the brake boosters going out on the Zs, only the master cylinders.

It's to be expected on a car of 20+ years of age, hell it's to be expected in one that's 10.

I wouldn't be putting up with my Z either if I didn't like it so much. It's a blast to drive.