/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more

/sthg/ #681 - Knuckles Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent and Upcoming Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

fanfiction.net/s/9857830/1/Figures-a-lovely-pair-Sonamy-A-bit-of-MarioxPeach-too
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for this is the new thread.

Well, this one was made first. But the other user posted it 7 seconds ahead of me.

HERE I COME

Sorry, this one was made a few seconds after the other one.

ROUGHER THAN THE REST OF THEM

Yes. That's how it should be. He does nothing, he loses to everything, even basic enemies, and is there to be mocked. The games needed a comic relief character, and Silver is the perfect candidate for that

Shouldnt the other one be the main thread? It was posted first

It explains why his hair looks so stupid.

THE BEST OF THEM

I mean, it was posted first (by a few seconds), but no one's really posting in it. I dunno.

I'm confused. The OP that is posted first ISN'T the official thread? Or is it, and we're picking this one because it uses the same image we've had every Knuckles theme? Or is the other one the real thread?

Can you fucks not flub the OP every fucking time?

Exactly. He's not supposed to be taken seriously, and I wish the people working on this franchise realized how much comedy gold could be taken from him

Normally, but this one is already more active so just roll with it I guess.

The other one was posted first so therefore it should be the main thread

Well shit, which one did you post in?

The OP image sucked ass anyway.

If y'all wanna migrate to the other one go ahead, I guess, although this one is more active. People should stop trying to cut another user off when they're making a new thread either way.

Who is the Madara Uchiha of Sonic?

Dropped Naruto years ago. Who?

>Sonic
>One Piece

now there's a bizarre yet fun thought. Sonic gathering some crazy pirate crew made up of the members of the Freedom Fighters and the like. Werehog can stretch and shit, it's perfect.

No kidding. It's fucking retarded when our general's OP image is just some anime human dresses in Sonic cosplay, or is just all around difficult to make out as a Sonic themed image.

I saw a variant of that copypasta with Shadow earlier this week, so probably him.

thanks god this is the new thread

Silver can be funny, but I feel sometimes the punching bag thing cat get too mean.

he needs to fuck up for being inexperienced and not taken seriously by the other characters, but he still needs some moments to prove that he learned and that he can be good for the team.

Sonic would obviously be Luffy. But who would be the other characters?

Alright, we get it.

This kunckles theme is pretty generic desu

Knuckles would definitely be Zoro.

The art is trash?

Damn is sthg in thier period today?

I still maintain that Silver is a lot more popular than it seems.

>Silver can be funny, but I feel sometimes the punching bag thing cat get too mean.
Nonsense, it's all in good fun. If you have him do something, have it be by accident, or sheer luck, like how Yamcha won that baseball game in Super.

these shitty animus dressed as sonic characters should be an insta-delete

literally nobody outside of the fanbase likes Silver

Still better and original than this trash theme

Not any of the other anons but I like this image much more, and even dislike the other image.

He won 'cause he didn't chicken out due to Gods of Destruction fighting. It was sheer willpower.

How about you take it up the ass faggot?

I'd say Silver's reception by the fans is mixed-positive. I've seen a lot of love & hate for the character, but it leans more to the positive side.

I wanted to say Omega would be Franky. He'd keep getting new robo-upgrades and get progressively larger.

I'd say Rouge for Nami and Blaze for Robin sounds about right too, at least in the personality department.

Usopp for Tails? Charmy for Chopper?

Chip could also be Chopper.

Was it? I actually didn't watch the episode, just heard about it second hand. But you get my point, right?

This image is nice, but it's been used like 6 times. Pick something new if you're gunna make a new thread.

It is now. This is what it looks like, now.

Someone who wants to make the OPs with the same pixiv artist. Notice the last OP is in the same style.

Jfc we're already off to a bad start.

You're fucking messing with me.

What else is new?

Sorry, user. But I didn't have another Knuckles pic on me.

This is how it was before.

I fucking wish man, I really do.

I'll never forgive you for hijacking my thread you fucking tyrannosaurus niggers. Just you wait and see

...Uh, what?

literally all the people who like Silver are already part of the fanbase.

characters like Knuckles, Tails, Amy, Shadow and even Blaze all have good reception by gamers that are not already fans of the series.

No, because you used it to prove the wrong point. Basically, baseball. Champa and Beerus get into an argument, but Gods fighting is taboo because it breaks the planet. Every mortal loses their their shit and hides behind Whis' protective barrier.

Yamcha keeps playing the damn game.

Am I the only one who likes the other OPs image?

Fair enough. Okay, my point is that Silver should be the comedic relief. The guy the narrative makes fun of for even trying because he'll always fail and he'll always look like an idiot no matter what he does. The only times he does anything it's by sheer accident and he'll ALWAYS look dumb doing it. He keeps trying only because he genuinely doesn't know any better

So, I have tried now some romhacks. I still don't get what is the point of Sonic 3 complete, but still finished the game with Sonic and Knuckles. That Sonic 2 hack where is a little like Mario 64 was fantastic. Project S, or whatever is called was interesting, at least Silver's gameplay was. Before and After sequel had great soundtracks but level design was a bit lackluster for me. Megamix is fantastic though, also Sonic 3 & Amy was adorable, thanks to that user who recommended it.

As for the comics, so far so good. I do enjoy the adventure and characters, but I think that I like universe more than the main ones Team Shadow a best, and Amy is also great in the comics, she is basically a pink sonic when she fights. But the more I get myself into the sonic franchise and embrace the autism, the more baffled I feel when the press or e-celebs slams on Sonic that hard.

Some people seem to forget that Silver was hated upon his introduction along with debuting in one of the worst games in the franchise.

Original? Like every other general in Veeky Forums that uses pretty anime people as their OP images?
Real original.

At least you're saying "should be" instead of "is". That already puts you above most shitposters.

I'd still pick it over the other one.

I don't know why people don't use more varied pictures and editions. I've picked up a ton of great art.

I hope we get Champions part three in this thread!

Nigga we've used this image like 6 times. Seems like you have a vengance against anime.

Well user, not everyone has a great supply of Sonic pics on standby.

Tomorrow. Night /sthg/.

He's just a dumb looking character that only works in the game he debuted him. Kinda like how Jet is Sonic's rival...only when hoverboards are involved. Shoehorning Silver into future games is just pointless.

But anyone's, it's stupid to get into an argument over what OP picture is better. If y'all wanna migrate to the other thread you can.

Night user!

Not him, but the image we have now is more Sonic-y.

anyways*

Is Silver the Waluigi of this series? Was hated from his debut, but is now mixed-positive in reception?

I've seen image ops less related to sonic than that one. Everyone just seems to be throwing a bitchfit today.

there is no positivity for Silver outside of the fanbase.

like, at all.

people just like to see him suffer like in Generations or in ยด06 when he is kicked in the head.

Waluigi is more liked than Silver will ever be.

silver can't really be memed tho
not like waluigi

Like you are cause nobody wanted to use your thread.

I'm not the one who made the thread. Anyways this is pretty stupid its just an image.

Then stop talking about it.

Gladly.

when do they fuck

They should!

Goodnight user.

>press
>e-celebs
People still care what they think?

I like this more than I should.

What point are you at in the comics?

/sthg/, give me some good fanfic recs, I'm in a sonic mood tonight; and not Prison Break, I'm not about that. SonAmy is preferable (if the story even has ships) but I'm down for anything fun to read

Tails looks so damn cute in that pic.

Well, if you want SonAmy, what type of fanfic? One filled with drama, or just a fun read?

Good to hear you like the comics user. And I agree, Amy is fucking fantastic there.

Did you start at the reboot or the original comicverse?

my issue with silver is that whenever people try to use him seriously as a experienced, powerful character he simply ends up looking ridiculous.

like a BAD parody of a parody of a cool character

I think Silver has the real potential to bring some realism into the series, you see, there is Sonic, a young hero, strong, travelled all over the world, faced huge challenges, and he is barely an adult.

Silver could be used to show the journey of a character with powers that wants to be a hero but has zero experience on it, show that becoming a hero is not easy, you have to train a lot, people will shit on you, you will get hurt and lose a lot, you will have to bleed to earn respect amongst the other guys, and so on.

this is a thing I feel they should have shown with Sonic, but if they missed the opportunity, Silver could be used.

Here's a Sonic & Amy at the Winter Olympic Games featuring Mario & Peach
fanfiction.net/s/9857830/1/Figures-a-lovely-pair-Sonamy-A-bit-of-MarioxPeach-too

Like I said, hit me with whatever; doesn't even have to have ships, I just want some Sonic material to pass the time

Alright. It's a fan comic but Drawlovelala's Hammer is not helping is very nice.

Sonic is actually my favorite character among the comic cast. He has his ups and downs but he comes across as a real cool guy, relatively likeable and feels like a proper friend, with his big bro moments to Tails and all. I feel like I actually admire him as a character like Tails and the others would, instead of liking him as a mascot, because of how fun and enjoyable he can be yet flawed.

But Silver does have experience being a hero. He fights Eggman Nega, an even more sadistic person that regular Eggman, in the future while having super-speed (Rivals 1 & 2), and even has similar fighting skills to that of Blaze (Colors DS). He was only inexperienced and slow in 06, and even then he had plenty of control over his powers.

*in the future regularly; is what I meant to say
He deals with Eggman Nega regularly in the future, but only his encounters with him in Rivals 1 & 2 are shown.

user, maybe you should get a favorite that isn't a rat.

I agree with this statement.