Calling all kiwifags who have ever imported cars from japan

Calling all kiwifags who have ever imported cars from japan

Lets have a serious thread for once. I have found a nice car I want and I need to know how I am going to get it across the ditch.
First of all what laws are in place for privatley importing cars and what are some effective ways of getting around them?
Secondly is there a company that will specify in retrieving the car from the seller, putting it in a crate and onto a boat that will ship it to my front yard?
Thirdly, what exactly do I need to know insurance wise? Do I tell them at all?
As an overall rough estimate how much will shipping fees cost in NZD?

I live in the south island and the car I am looking at is in Shimane province

Other urls found in this thread:

pacificcoastjdm.com/process
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump

Probably should have mentioned but I found the car on goo-net-exchange.com

Slow board, especially on serious and somewhat niche threads

True, Im just anxious for a reply I guess

Your picture in the OP is more interesting than your thread topic.

Want more?

Yes please

The only other one I have got of the same girl

Her name is Nora Isabel Stadler

I used to troll dudes on tinder with her

Thanks Ill ne sure to find some more

You need to do it through an agent.

pacificcoastjdm.com/process

No clue about the laws regarding privately importing cars

As for the company, unless you live in the middle of the US, just take a trip down to the port and drive the import back or something.

No clue about insurance, if your state doesn't require it though i guess you dont have to bother

No clue about NZD (new Zealand?)

Sorry OP, i only looked at importing a car once, for like 5 minutes... i did find out that right-hand drive is legal in the US, which surprised me a bit, but other than that nada.

I live in new zealand

Is this the only way?

I think so, yeah. These guys specify in looking at the condition of the car, telling you that information and when you decide to buy it they'll buy it for you and ship it.
Also, when you want to import a car from Japan, you don't do it through goo-net. You buy from auctions.

Why not from goo-net? Is it the fact that its too good to be true?

I think it's because cars there are overpriced. I think you can generally get a better deal on auction.

I beg to differ. I have yet to try my luck at an auction but the car I am currently looking at is one of the more expensive of that model in the search (lower milage) and is for sale at around $2.6k NZD or 2 mil yen

What car are you looking at? I'll run it through sales statistics

I didnt really want to say because I knew I would be memed to hell but ok its a 1986 GT-APEX AE86. While you are there could you find me a SW20 turbo? I have been looking at those too

Couldn't find any low mileage truenos or levins. Here are some. A really mint one would be way under 2 mil anyway
I'll post the mr2 in a sec

Anyway it's showing many less auctions than I expected. Also google your import laws. I'm not even sure if these are legal where you live.

I just googled it and I have a feeling its possible, I have seen AE86s in NZ before though so I dont see why it should be a problem
Thanks for your help btw I would like to know what site you are using to get this infomation from and how to get into the auctions

I have an account on auto access japan, it's free to sign up. If you're serious about buying a car from auction in Japan, there are a bunch of agents that you can do it through. I personally recommend Pacific Coast Auto. Look him up.

Nice thank you

Im looking through the auctions now and its looking good. Thank you user this could be a dream becoming a reality

Yeah, i just realized that i was talking US, while you lived in new zealand, even though i recognized that fact in my post...

It was early i was a retard.