So I fucked up and pushed this button in the door panel. It's a 2016 BMW X1, european model...

So I fucked up and pushed this button in the door panel. It's a 2016 BMW X1, european model. Can anyone tell me how I can get the panel off without damaging anything?

Thanks Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fxe_b2GRwok
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>German engineering

I already tried to get it off by pushing it out, but I had a feeling I would break shit because it wouldn't come off.

This should NOT happen in a one year old vehicle unless you are a ham-fisted retard or the vehicle has serious build quality issues. Especially from a "premium" brand like BMW, even if it is one of their lower end vehicles.

Unfortunately no one here is likely to know how to remove the door panel for your specific vehicle. You'll have better luck searching for a repair manual or some obscure guide on an owner's forum.

It's not broken, it just popped out when I accidentally bumped the door with my knee (not that hard at all).

I've looked around, but no luck yet.

Post pic of whole door panel and I will tell you how to R&I

Here you go, I heard it's a bitch to get off.

>modern bmw

So this is the power of German engineering?

But but but imaginary panel gaps on amerishit Lincoln! Muh driving musheen

Why are there so many scuff marks on your door?

Take better care of your shit.

At least the imaginary panel gaps allow you to do some work and get them off when needed.

This shit is tighter than a six year old.

It's cleaning day today, I wipe everything every week.

Remove #1 (ignore the fact its the rear door panel, front panel is the same) with a plastic pry tool. Work your way around the parameter until it pops out.

Remove the handle pull cover - (these are alldata pics from a 2015 because they dont have 2016 yet) yours isn't as long as pictured but you get the idea. You can split the part that you pull in half and it will reveal bolts/screws under it.

Then just pull the shit out of the panel. These dumb clips will be all around the thing. You will break a few, some will stay in the door and not come out with the panel. Don't worry, if you care you can buy new ones at the dealer or you can get over it and live with the fact that only 7 out of the 10 clips are holding your panel on.

Once you get this part off you can prob just pull back (the handle cables will still be attached) enough to reset your switch that popped out.

I forgot you will need to remove orange arrow too. Just pry and pull. Probably got the same dumb clips that are holding the door panel on

Good luck

>brand new vehicle
>trying to fix it yourself
Just take it to the dealer and get it fixed under warranty

Thanks, will try to do this tomorrow! If I fail I'll just head over to the shop and let them handle it.

You are a true br/o/!

I agree. Really cool thing of him to do.

The build quality on those are questionable

Buddy of mine is currently rewelding and adding extra welded brackets to the Isofix kid safet seat mounts on all BMW UKL-platform vehicles, as they are too weak and would easily snap in a crash, sending the kid & its seat flying

youtube.com/watch?v=fxe_b2GRwok

How the fuck? I have a 2017 NA model X1 which should be the same and I can't comprehend how this happened unless you smashed the lock/unlock button until it caved.

As I said, I just bumped my knee while getting in. Didn't even bump it that hard or ON the button. Must've hit the side.

Anyway, it came out.

>BMW X1

Holy shit that door panel is disgusting. Looks like something out of a shit bare minimum American or Chinese car, wtf?

>post E3x BMW
There's your problem.