Is the manual transmission exclusively for people who have no friends?

Is the manual transmission exclusively for people who have no friends?

>jerky bump ride with lots of noise from the motor would be uncomfortable for any passengers

>most manual transmissions are found on "sporty" coupes with limited seating because nobody wants to ride in your car with you

>in an automatic you can hold hands with your qt 3.14 gf while driving but in manual you couldn't do that, but it's okay because women don't want to get in your car to begin with

>passengers don't feel safe in a car that will roll on a hill

You're right.

You must also have a lot of friends on that bus of yours

just give up man

these threads aren't funny

at least do some GT-R/Corvette shit posting

My qt-π loves my little convertible sports car. She has never been in a quick car before she met me.

Also, I live in a big city with excellent public transportation, a practical car isn't really necessary.

nah manual is for poor people and autists

good chance they may not have any friends because of those 2 things though

>implying girls don't love to shift with you

fuck you manual dickhead I think it's funny

that girl is an obvious trap user

kys

girls dont care they just try hard for validation since they have the depth of a puddle

any girl that actually cares is a girl (male)

>tattoos
>implying she's not a coalburning slut
>implying that guy doesn't watch her getting spitroasted by tyrone and jamal every night while "shifting" his micropenis

Since when miatas are quick?

>mfw

MR 2

Come on, Miatas are for girls.

>tfw injured right hand
>still want to drive
>no hands on wheel when I change gears
dangerous but kinda fun

>yfw the gate is just slices of wood attached to the tail gate

>jerky bump ride with lots of noise from the motor
git gud, shifting should feel smooth, and the motor's no louder than any other car
>most manual transmissions are found on "sporty" coupes
git gud, you can find manual transmissions in almost anything if you know where to look and aren't a burger
>in an automatic you can hold hands with your qt 3.14 gf
But I do that anyways. I just shift while holding her hands.
git gud

All of the problems of driving a manual car involve gitting gud and stepping up, senpai

Why did you reply to this garbage thread?

Judging by those tatts she probably a tire biting vapess who groupies up with subi/evo drivers

>>jerky bump ride with lots of noise from the motor would be uncomfortable for any passengers
Git gud. Rev matching in a manual can be just as smooth as a TC automatic, and if your engine has bad NVH valeus there's other ways to fix that.
>>most manual transmissions are found on "sporty" coupes with limited seating because nobody wants to ride in your car with you
Amerilard confirmed. Here in Europe, they're on available on 90% of all vehicles, and have market dominance.

>>in an automatic you can hold hands with your qt 3.14 gf while driving but in manual you couldn't do that
Confirmed for never having had a gf, or driven a manual, or both. Holding hands in an automatic

I will fucking lynch anybody who gets in the passenger seat of my car and puts their knee in the way of the gear knob. You try and put it in first and their fucking knee is in the damn way.

>having passengers
Iktfb
>give nana a lift every week
>her elbow hits mine when I use the handbrake
>have to drive nicely for seemingly ages
>nearly pulls the fucking interior handle off
>drop her off
>finally
>TIME FOR FAST AND DANGEROUS

user i have life-ending hatred for this situation

>pick up old, fat, wrinkly frumpy boomer
>death grips the "oh shit" handle
>slams the palm of their hand on the dashboard while shouting a comment about your driving
>"YOU'RE FOLLOWING TOO CLOSE. DO YOU WANT TO GET ME KILLED? SLOW DOWN! THE SPEED LIMIT IS 30 MPH! WHY ARE YOU IN THE RIGHT LANE? GET OVER TO THE LEFT LANE, YOU'RE TURNING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!" (in reality I am turning right 3 lights down and almost a mile down the road)

but the worst one is the total lack of respect for the car they're in

>sloppily throws off seatbelt, launching metal seatbelt latch into the side of the door panel, scratching the plastic in multiple places
>pressing radio buttons in a way that seems to intentionally flake off what's left of the material covering them
>slamming glove boxes shut
>slamming center consoles shut
>failing to press the button for the glove box deep enough so hitting it and breaking it open (this happened)
>pressing overhead A/C knobs so hard the fucking plastic panel comes unseated from the housing and now hangs loose
>gripping the steering wheel so hard the material starts flaking off
>getting out of the seat in a way that tears the leather after ~100 exits

baby boomers are a fucking cancer on this earth. Entitled, spoiled, narcissistic children inhabiting vast earned wealth and squandering all of it. Every time I have to be near one I catch all the little signals they give off of aloof condescension, ignorance and narcissism. It would be easier to bear if they weren't so fucking loud

You should have to have a license to be a passenger. There needs to be fines for backseat driving.

The test syllabus will be simply "SHUT THE FUCK UP AND STOP TOUCHING SHIT AAAAAAAA"

>held hand with my gf in my manual
? ? ? ? Why do people act like a manual means that the stick is something you're constantly working?

because they live in the gay area where 5/10 people are indians in priuses in traffic

>>jerky bump ride with lots of noise from the motor would be uncomfortable for any passengers
Found the guy who drove manual once and didn't like it because he wasn't good at it

My gf always does that and she also picked up a manual as her first car because of me. It's still irritating to suddenly feel another hand on the stick.

>tfw listening to eurobeat in an auto would suck

Three options here. One is bait, if so you got me. Two is drives auto, if so find another forum to shit up. Three, you have a manual and suck at driving it, if so git gud fgt.
kys

sounds like you're just a fucking retard

No manual I've had has ever rolled down the hill I live on which is at least 50* steep

I drive stick and hold hands with gf when i dont have to do alot of shifting. But i like to drive aggressively so that is like... 20% of the time.

literally all of my friends drive stick, so

>jerky bump ride
you never rode a manual
it's possible to shift without any bumb just like an automatic transmission does

Why did you bump this?

>jerky bump ride with lots of noise from the motor would be uncomfortable for any passengers
Only if you are a shit driver
>most manual transmissions are found on "sporty" coupes with limited seating because nobody wants to ride in your car with you
Manual transmissions can be found on every consumer car in the world. 2 seat, 5 sit, 7 seat whatever
>in an automatic you can hold hands with your qt 3.14 gf while driving but in manual you couldn't do that, but it's okay because women don't want to get in your car to begin with
Stop projecting user
Again. Only if you are a shit driver
Shit post saged

why did you?
every thread deserves a bump once in a while

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person on Earth that doesn't mind people touching shit in my car. Like shit, you don't like this song? Go ahead and change it, you know how to work a car radio. Little too warm/cold? climate control's right there my dude. I want my passengers to enjoy riding in my car as much as i enjoy driving it. Just as long as they dont fuck with the DSC button it's all good.

backseat driving is different though.

Learn to sage newfag

never felt like it within 5 years

i'm the boomer poster. It's not so much that I don't want them touching things in my car, it's the lack of respect they show for anything someone else owns. Instead of changing the A/C like a normal person, they bash the vent with their greasy sausage fingers, complain that it's too hot in the car and then open a window to the glorious 90 degree Florida April weather. If they do connect the dots that the temperature of the car is controlled by the climate control panel, they will wrench the knob all the way to max fan but not change the temperature because the screen is too difficult for them to decipher. If they don't feel comfortable in the seat, they will death grip the seat adjustment controls and break them off while complaining that I should have bought a more comfortable car for them.

>Is the manual transmission exclusively for people who have no friends?

Nope - it's just a coincidence that I drive a manual and have no friends.

There is a converse, though.
>driving with sister
>never lets the car warm up
>accelerates hard to 4k every gear change - this triggers the fuck out of me when the car is cold. seconds after starting the car it's revving at 4k +
>puts it into 1st while the car is moving all the time, syncros are getting noticeably worn
>hard gear changes, drops the clutch and jerks whole car when changing gears
>turns late for every corner, never turns into the corner to hit the apex, just turns at last minute
>accelerates towards red robots, then brakes hard to stop

If you're driving like a cunt, I'm going to call you out.

>W30
>not a girls car

ah ok i feel you. that shit would piss me off too.

You confused everyone by not being American or euro

>tfw used to have a qt gf that I used to drive home, just shortly before her home was a long steep hill where I didn't have to shift, so I held her hand or put my hand on her knee before having to say goodbye a minute later

Fuck you I miss her

GEORGIAN LICENSE PLATES.
R A R E

Everyone does, user