How do guys handle money for buying a car around 5k...

How do guys handle money for buying a car around 5k? I mean do you go get a cashier's check after agreeing on the price or do you keep 5k cash on you?
I imagine I may have better success haggling if I have the cash in hand ready to go, but if I get a check then they have more time to think about it and maybe back out.

Yeah dude, you should always go look at a used car with five or ten thousand dollars cash in your pocket. Trust me that's the best way to do it. Also it's a good idea to go meet the seller by yourself, so you two can have a one in one conversation. And it's bad manners to bring any sort of weapon with you, too.

Go to the bank when you agree on a price.

If you're dumb enough to carry $5000 cash, well... you're dumb. That's all.

i had 3k in my glovebox when I went to go buy my baiku. Signed the title transfer and gave him the envelope and we split.

Would not do again in that sketch Mexicano area

bring cash, bring gun, bring friend with additional gun.

Thanks for setting me straight. I sometimes forget America is third world.

Always brought cash. No issues.

I keep a sandwich baggy full of cum in my shirt pocket and pull it out when I intend to intimidate. These salesman are no joke. Stay alpha.

You don't need a cashier's check. Just get out your checkbook and write in "Five Thousand Dollars."

Bring the money in $5s and $10s in a burlap bag with a dollar sign printed on it.

Why not just making a bank transfer?

Honest answer.

Write a check, get the goy to bring out his/her/xer/its phone and deposit the check right in front of you using their bank's app.

Cash and a gun

just bring a gun. no cash

Is it really safe to deal with someone who has their own personal pronoun?

Anyone who would take a check for a car from some random is a fucking moron

no

they usually have AIDS

this is the best way if you don't want to get robbed

>agree on general price beforehand
>meet and check out car with a friend
>if everything is good, tell seller to meet you at your bank
>go in, get cash, go out to parking lot and give envelope to seller
>drive your new car away

I once sold a car for 9 grand and someone came and brought cash to my house.

Good riddance, piece of shit pontiac solstice.

I had that happen to me as well for a $5k car

he was lucky I wasn't planning on robbing him

>bring money
>Buy car
>???
>Profit!

>Good riddance, piece of shit pontiac solstice
Give me a quick review? What are the pros and cons of this car?

kek

>pay in cash and buy in cash
>bring my glock 20SF
>done this over 20 times

Literally every time. Never had an issue before

Cashiers checks are a pain in the ass. Unless you live in dinduville you will never even need to use the gun

I wanna carry my Glock19 but too lazy to do the paperwork. Seems small enough. What holster do you use?

Guess the guy I bought my car from is a moron.

Bring it all in cash but hold the guy's family hostage until the transaction is complete, in a way that if you're killed or disabled, they die.

its the land of opportunity, just dont be an opportunity

seconding this

>bring my Glock

Same here always made the trade in front of a police station, or very public place, or had company with me

5k is about the limit i'll carry in cash, anything over that would be done at the bank.
Last three times i bought a car i brought cash, was 2 to 3k
In all three instances though I gave him cash, he signed over the title and bill of sale. He drove the car home or kept it overnight and the next day i picked it up with new tags from the dmv.

All three were upstanding Caucasians. one of which was quite well off.

>do you keep 5k cash on you?
NO, craig's list has had many robbery scammers. And you cannot prosecute the person advertising the car. How it works is they get you to bring cash in exchange for the title and car. To make you feel good it might be exchanged even at a populated area. Suddenly, thugs appear out of the bushes and take your money and KLUNK you and run off. The seller claims he doesn't know who those people are so you cannot prosecute the seller. Later on, they split the money.

You have no car.

>getting triggered by guns

>pos

Probably base the base.

The base is like buying a base miata, except not as fun. The GXP I believe came with a hard top more often than not and made about 100 more hp.

I'm actually looking for one right now as a summer vehicle.

I keep the cash on me, but I hide it pretty well in the car... Not just in my pocket like a retard.

I think he's ridiculing the gun being a Glock

Bring a gun and a friend with a gun. Maybe two friends with guns if the area is particularly diverse.

Glocks are like the Honda Civic of guns. Nothing special, but they just work. You can treat them like shit.

But the Civic doesn't have a reputation for grenading itself stock, does it?

I don't exactly mind walking around with 5k since I live in a developed country.

If they're white and live in a nice area then you shouldn't have any issues. Replace the words "white" and "nice" with "brown" and "ghetto", and you'll want to proceed with caution.

>cashier's check for 3/4ths of the price
>remaining 1/4 in cash so you can haggle

My 19 is fine. Had it for maybe three years now.

how many times has it saved your life?

How do you idiots not have internet banking on your phones?

We get it. You don't like guns. Relax.

Scams

I like guns well enough. Why did that question trigger your panties to get in a knot?

C'mon man. Asking how many times a gun has saved my life is a clear sign that you took issue with something, so don't accuse me of being triggered. You were the instigator.

credit card

But if you Rob them they now know where you live so it would be stupid to do anyway

talk about needing to calm down

it's purpose is to shoot people, for whatever reason, you said it was fine...based on what? shooting paper?

you fucking faggot

>you said it was fine
Yes. As in, it hasn't spontaneously "grenaded". Are you implying that I would need to shoot a person to find out if it truly works?

He thinks he's special because he shitposts on /k/

Grenade glocks are a /k/ meme, he should be fucking shot for being a nogunz memespouter. Glocks are fine, there's a reason the United States Law Enforcement use it as their main service pistol. /k/ is such as shitty board full of autists, and that user there is a prime example of their autistic screeching. Glad I left that shithole.