Neolithic figurine, over 7,000 years old, unearthed at Turkey’s Çatalhöyük

dailysabah.com/history/2016/09/13/neolithic-figurine-over-7000-years-old-unearthed-at-turkeys-catalhoyuk

>Archaeologists at Turkey's neolithic site of Çatalhöyük in central Anatolia have unearthed a "unique" complete female figurine, The Ministry of Culture and Tourism said on Tuesday.

Anyone else think it looks like a really fat man? Tits are way too small.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Hurault,_8th_Marquis_de_Vibraye
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I can almost smell the rank B.O. and see waves of coloured hair as fats will shill this as an example of ancient beauty standards.

My ancestors were into that...

Gross

How did people get that fat back then?

Eating bread

Oh for the love of...

Pregnant ladies people. Come on now.

>be ancient dirt farmer
>be amazed at where babies come from
>worship fertility

Rocket science!

Yes looks more like a morbidly obese man than anything else

It looks like an obese man playing with his mantits.

Absolutely no way you could eat enough bread to become that fat, you would have to drink 10 liters of coke a day

Mead, maybe?

These peope also drew the first map in history, the map of their town: catal hoyuk.

T H I C C
H
I
C
C

Maybe you are on to something here

Catal hoyuk, the great people, the great civilization, without them we Europeans wouldn't be here.

The great people.

>he can't handle thicc

The landscape was green and had lots of trees back then but has now been turned into a desert through overgrazing

THIS is thicc. OP's pic is a man

PROVE IT!!!

Why would people try to farm in a desert?

I read somewhere that the reason those are called Venus statues is that some nobleman who collected one of the most famous ones called it that as a joke.

Was that bullshit?

FUCKING PROVE IT, BITCH!

>Why would people try to farm in a desert?

Çatalhöyük was inhabited by the ancestors of the Turks who migrated to the steppe during a period of drought and later ancient Greeks moved in and overgrazed the land

>the nile valley is a desert

ok

PROVE IT RETARD!

surely its a bald fat guy, it has no pussy.

tumblr will surely use the guy to justify gluttony.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Hurault,_8th_Marquis_de_Vibraye

>He discovered the very first Paleolithic sculptural representation of a woman discovered in modern times. It was found in about 1864 by at the famous archaeological site of Laugerie-Basse in the Vézère valley (one of the many important Stone Age sites in and around the commune of Les Eyzies-de-Tayac-Sireuil in Dordogne, southwestern France). The Magdalenian "Venus" from Laugerie-Basse is headless, footless, armless but with a strongly incised vaginal opening. De Vibraye named it La Vénus impudique or Venus Impudica ("immodest Venus"), contrasting it to the Venus Pudica, Hellenistic sculpture by Praxiteles showing Aphrodite covering her naked pubis with her right hand. It is from this name that we get the term "Venus figurines" commonly used for Stone Age sculptures of this kind.[2]

Yeah

>turkish historigraphy

Turkish wewuzism is so autistic

Why were ancient civilisations so fascinated with overweight women?

>C H U B B Y

Ancient civilizations were exactly like Veeky Forums boards.
These were the first THICC memes.

>Hunters were Veeky Forums
>Shamans were /x/
>Village idiot was /b/
>Cavepainters were /ic/ and /i/
>Rock tool crafters were /g/
>The angry warmongerer who hated Joog tribe was /pol/

Civilization began with Sumeria. This is far before human civilizations.

But fat women were the key to survival. They were used as cum dumpsters to ensure the survival of the tribe. The hunter gatherers would feed the woman before them because it would ensure longevity to procreate.

That's clearly a morbidly obese man.

The one on the right is actually a dildo I'm pretty sure
Also
>dat weave

Only rich people can be thicc. You guess the rest

climate =/= biome

Damn that's awesome

underrated post

Excellent taste in fetishes.

Disgusting

Were they?

That sculpture's from the 19th century

It's based on ancient statues.

>I recently read both the book by Balter (not very helpful as far as CH goes) and Ian Hodder's Leopard's Tale. Also a chapter on CH in (I believe) After the Ice, fairly recently published.
>It completely changed my ideas about CH, and I have since been wondering if the CH inhabitants were, er, insane. Get this:
>they lived in crowded conditions on top of a mud heap in the middle of marshes (which do not tend to be healthy environments for humans to start with)
>their houses were so full of smoke that all the older folks had soot deposits on lungs
>the area around them flooded every year, and the archeologists say they must have walked 7 kilometers to any fields they may have had (how does that make sense?)
>they tossed their excrement and garbage from the roofs into spaces between houses; the stench, supplemented by the corpses under the floor, must have been intense
>they led a toilsome existence, constantly plastering, building and rebuilding, moving ovens, stairs, etc etc, digging up the dead, beheading some, putting weasel excrement on others...!
>they had to access houses from the top, unlike in pueblos, and had to crawl on all fours thru tiny doorways (wasn't that a tad tough on the older folk?)
>the "art" on their house walls included vultures pecking at headless corpses, and human breasts rendered in clay that had vulture skulls built in, poking their beaks thru the nipples; Sigmund Freud would have a field day with these folks!
>These people, to all apparent evidence, were egalitarian and therefore completely free to walk away from this depressing, miserable, laborious existence. Yet they stayed. What the heck??!!