Veeky Forums what would you want to drive on a long, lonely road trip?

Veeky Forums what would you want to drive on a long, lonely road trip?

>drive
>long

no thanks give me something self driving

this

agreed. tesla please.

A Fleetwood Bounder packed with Funyuns.

this

are non-cuck replies welcome?

>tfw Veeky Forums is full of people who aren't interested in driving cars anymore

i gotta drive something casual. nothing expensive and nothing that looks like a junky

Id much rather sit back and be comfortable than actually drive a road trip

driving is only fun at the track for short sprints or when acting stupid

good pick

I'd take an M5 i think. Comfy enough for just going along. Fast enough for going... well fast. Big enough in case i get any friends

If not, i suppose my old Fabia works. Misery loves company. Just not for me

Long road trips do kinda suck after awhile. Once you've been driving for 8 hours it kinda just stops being fun and turns into a chore.

Why haven't you embraced the Future of Motoring™ yet, Veeky Forums?

>I'd take long road trip on a country road
>With no passing zone for several miles
>While stuck behind this guy

Driving on lonely mountain roads is fun, dealing with assholes and people who should never have been given a license for hours on in is miserable.

ok, i love going on long trips, but not super long trips. i also like going alone too.

My own car, because it's what I'm most comfortable in, the a/c blows cold, the heater is toasty, and the radio sounds good. Plus my WRX seats with seat heater kits installed are comfy as fug. Plus it actually gets decent fuel economy on long highway trips (32.5mpg) despite being an old Subaru driven by someone with a heavy right foot.

Anything but an vw golf 6 variant.
Had to go to germany almost 900km for business this weekend and got the gay ass vw from the company. The vw broke my fucking back.
Even my s2000 has more comfortable seats after a while

this
comfy and extremely fast

this or a firebird if the roads are good

any group c rally car if not

yellowbird********

Would depend on the actual distance and terrain and the reasoning.

Probably an el camino though

Some slow plush burbly v8 yacht.

Anything with a powerful and torquey engine, good steering, manual transmission...
Could be a 964 911, really.

they are pre-cucks. wanting to have a self-driving car is just one step away from wanting to have a wife that gets pleasured by someone else.

idk some comfy but powerful GT car, maybe a ferrari f12 or a bentley or S-class coupe

This

Through mountains like that in those weather conditions?

Probably my truck. Because it has four wheel drive and the road may be washed out or something like that. Or there may be some cool dirt trails to drive on

through the desert? Something fast, maybe a 911 Turbo

So much this, thou I would instead of El camino go with something else. I wouldn't like to take a modern car, but something with cruise control and preferably some sort of GT car. Basically not too fast, but fast enough yet still managing to be comfy. Quattroporte VI springs to mind, Bentley Continental GT, Jaguar XF, Alfa Romeo 159 Q4 version, Mercedes Benz G-wagen (luxury version). it really depends, but I would love to try out Maserati.

Range Rover HSE

Ride forever while listening he the slowest jams. Heaven.

An antique Cadillac

Volvo 244 Turbo is superior to all of your guy's shitboxes and comfy cars.

>NB miats
>top down assuming sunny
>favorite CDs within reach for somewhat easy changing without crashing and dying
>sustainable top speed of 65 MPH at 3500-4000 RPM in top gear

What's the matter, Bandit?

>road trip

If weather was sunny, probably a yata with top down, otherwise my shitbox civic only because ive already driven cross country multiple times in it

Let's play pretend and say it was in perfect working order.

My 02

mainly cause its my only car but also cause the heater is strong af and i can be cumfy mane
its also hella driver involved and at night the lights arent that strong and it looks all creepy n shit

>want to drive on a long, lonely road trip?
>want to drive nails into hand?
>want to drive off a cliff?
>want to drive on a long, lonely road trip?

No to that. I'm neither suffering from angst nor wanting to willingly suffer from angst. Besides, there are many fun things to do. Driving alone on long lonely trips is like one of those minimal effort things done by people who don't put effort into doing anything.

tear me apart why dont ya

If its dry or only rains a little
A comfy cruiser motorcycle

Otherwise a comfy car

Anything is fine. I've done such drives in a couple Focus', a few VWs, a Delorean, some BMWs.

Just have a purpose such as a destination rather than just seeking a long lonely road to drive on. There are other ways to be alone that are healthier or even have some other benefits. Or take up a self-improvement hobby.

>Road trip is long
>Thousands of mils
>Stretch of hundreds of miles with now charging station
Road trip just became a sidewalk trip.

Good choice, I would go with a Saab 9-5 aero (peppy with comfy seats), or a Lexus lx 470 should I want to leave the road

I would probably change my mind and pic an Alfa Romeo Julia quadrophenia

Longest I've been solo was ~8 hours one way. First time was with a rented 2016 Chrysler 200. Liked the look of the car but the seat wasnt very good. Second time was with a rented 2016 Hyundai Sonata. Thing actually got really good gas milage and I managed to actually have some fun with its sport mode triptronic. Was decently comfortable.

But sex gets boring after a while. Isn't it better to just get comfortable and let somebody else do it?

I've taken my firebird across the country a few times and it's still the one I'd choose. Road trips are my favorite thing to do. Ever.

where is this magical place?

Looks like Washington

One of those american land yahts with like a tv or something

Engage comfy

Dream roadtrip car: new 911 Turbo.
More affordable: Saab 900 Tarbo would be nice I think.

something with supremely comfy seats, a good sound system and a big torquey V8
convertible option would be nice depending on the location/weather
so an SLS Roadster, I guess

Get on my level.