Ok pic related is 10k on craigslist but it needs struts

Ok pic related is 10k on craigslist but it needs struts.
89000 miles how much can have possibly gone wrong?
I am a decent wrench on 80s vws. Will I be able to do my own work on this car?
santafe.craigslist.org/cto/6044892283.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZPJ64sTa7KI
youtu.be/XV9rJwEOCus
albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/6053120984.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

hahahaha nice bait

nice rimz bro

>he didn't listen to Scotty

This is not my home board, can anyone explain?

Look up what Scotty Kilmer on youtube and see what he has to say about Mercs

*Look up Scotty Kilmer

youtu.be/ZPJ64sTa7KI

youtu.be/XV9rJwEOCus

Jesus fucking christ this has to be the most annoying fuck in the history of video recordings.

He speaks the truth

Sure thing. We have one B180 CDI Merc and sure it sucks ass (look up where the alternator is inside the car or how much the silver trim on the rear bumper costs) but that doesn't change the fact that this balding fuck makes my eardrums bleed.

That's why he's a meme

Fuck I guess there is a reason you can buy them so cheap.
I was hoping it was just that rich people sell them and dont care

EVEN THE LUGNUTS ARE DESIGNED RETARDED

>nigger time
>well maintained car
Pick one retard

I hope this post is bait

my uncle has one of those cars for 300k miles and its been pretty shit. It already had a new gear box and it now is getting the check engine light and stalling. Also the boot is leaking

Mercedes-Benz cars are designed to last a long time. Their parts are designed to not be easily replaceable with cheap Chinese parts or by DIYers so they will continue to last a long time once fixed. They are cars for people who just do it right, regardless of the up-front cost.

Japanese cars dont seem to need any repairs at all for the first 150k miles.
All the mercs I see need repairs way before that.

I will agree that the quality dropped during the Chrysler era. But you can thank them for that.

>Mercedes
>Nogged
>Seller saw a need to photoshop the picture

Are you stupid?

>ever buying a mercedes that isn't an amg

How about this one then?

albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/6053120984.html

REV

UP

ERSE

maybe before 2004-2005. Mercs then were indestructible. My dad owned one that did 500000km and never had any problems.
Nowadays.. good luck owning a merc
Source: I'm owning a merc

I don't remember when but I remember my car mechanic or was it my cousin laughing his ass off to someone suggesting buying this pic reated piece of turd. Apparently, objectively speaking those "monocle mercs" are objectively worst mercs ever produced. Rust is an issue, mechanics is an issue, add to that faulty electronics and you simply want to murder anyone who built or designed that car.

>rust is an issue
Environmental regulations forced them to switch to new paint. Merc was the first manufacturer to do this so the available paint wasn't good yet.

>mechanics is an issue
Same problem. New regulations, Merc wants to keep acceleration and top speed at least the same as previous models despite lowering emissions and adding more safety features, available materials aren't yet up to the task.

>faulty electronics
Caused by Merc's need to stay ahead of the curve in features

Basically all those problems exist because they were trying to build a better car than the competition, and they ran into all the issues early adopters face in every tech branch.

I agree the end result is a pile of shit, but don't blame the designers and production line workers. It's the managers and politicians who are at fault.

>they ran into all the issues early adopters face in every tech branch.

Thank you for breaking it down like this.
I do not ever ever want to pay this price so I will stick to older tech every chance I get from now on.
You have seriously made me think user.