$72K, whats the best/fastest way to turn this into a passive income stream. Was thinking about buying 4 family house.

op again. also for short term holding does /biz like any of the automated traders like wealthfront or how about rich uncles?

Buy home and rent it out

What area do you live in? You may be hard-pressed to find a 4bd for under six-figures. The market is a wee bit inflated at the moment.

Ohio.

I know I wont have enough to put 100% down but even 30% would be enough that I wouldnt have to worry too much about having the mortgage paid.

Find triplex, or fourplex
Get a down payment on it.
Sell current house(If you have one)
Live in one unit, rent out rest
Live for free as other unit's rent pays for monthly mortgage payment
If you do it well, you can have cash left over after each month.

>u do it well, you can have cash left over after each month.
sadly this isnt an option. Bought a home in '15 and my fiance and her kid wont want to live in a 4x. Nor would I want to park my 3 cars there.

Then don't live on site and rent out all four. If I were you, I would hire a property manager and basically forget about the property. WAY less stress, and all you have to do is maybe go by and look at the place every once in a while

Best way: Put it in TIPS for a year while you figure out RE or small business.

Fastest: conventional stock/bond portfolio.

Drop them, or better yet sell them both to some shady characters.
Then follow through with selling your home and cars.
If you really want to be successful you need to leverage every opportunity you have.

the guy is an idiot. you're better off buying individual units in a building that allows rentals. not only that, but then you only care about things walls in. the association takes care of outside maintenance and shared systems like heating.

first he tells you to buy the whole building which you need to pay a premium for, and then get a management company which will cut into your earnings.

tell jamal jr to move out and go with or without your wife

'bout 11 years before we can do that ;)

why would you get hitched with someone that already has a kid?

Why not just buy REIT instead?

It is hard to find real estate that you can rent out for 1% of its worth? Less than that is not worth the hassle.

Fastest way is high dividend ETF or REIT.

P2P lending

My question is "why do you want passive income"?

Are you not able to pay your bills right now? Are you retiring next year?

It's usually not appropriate to go for PI, your money is better off building equity than it's returns being taxed every year.

>72k
>passive income stream
>house
>wife's son
>3 cars

Americans never cease to amuse me. I like how you're focused on money but also willing to spend hundreds of thousands raising a kid whose own father can't be arsed to do it

What about growth stocks like FB GOOGL AMZN?
No Dividends so no equity building, but value per share is rising.

Honestly, I'm a shitty stock picker so I do index funds.

TVIX

Because he's a cuck

>wifes son
this never gets old

>my fiance and her kid

First, you're a cuck. Second, since they seem to be financially dependent on you, tell them you're calling the shots on this one and if they don't like it they can find some other sap to leech off.

This. I have no idea how good P2P is in Burgerland, but here in the UK you could make 1% a month passive income with that, I.e. $720. If you're going to diversify, and if the forex fees aren't too big, consider speculating in some UK and other EU P2P.

solid advice easy 100% gains in Jan

>w you're focused on money but also willing to spend hundreds of thousands raising a kid whose own father can't be arsed to do it

She makes ok money on her own, actually more than my day job. She handles most of the kid costs.

She makes decent pay, better than my day job actually. She takes care of most of the kid expenses.

1 of the 3 cars is paid off. The other 2 I have payments on, both under 3.7% loans.

I'm a shitty stock picker too, I've dabbled but I haven't really made anything to speak of.

I do ok at my day job, 55K/Y but I want more. I'm used to having an extra $2600 a month from some rental property I inherited but one of the buildings has sold (hence the 72K deposit).

>She takes care of most of the kid expenses.
>most of
wow you financially support another man's nut, too.