I have a choice between two cars, a 2003 Honda Accord DX 1 elderly owner 89000 miles very clean...

I have a choice between two cars, a 2003 Honda Accord DX 1 elderly owner 89000 miles very clean. Or a 2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS 2 previous owners presumably young considering the plastidipped wheels and badges and the fender bender on record. It has 84000 miles and the interior is very clean exterior okay. The Elantra is more money but it is also 8 years newer, anyway which would you pick Veeky Forums pic unrelated

Well what is the cost of each car?

Honda Accord

The honda is 5000 the hyundai is 9000

Accord

Honda, that is way too much for the Elantra. Way, way, too much. I bet even KBB would say so to.

That Honda however is a steal. Post the CL so we can make sure you aren't buying a pos.

Accord
if it was maintained, it should last you a while
whereas I can almost guarantee you'll be taking the hyundai into the shop a lot

Both are at a dealer so no craigslist and I have no pics but I can tell you the interior on the honda is really almost perfect the exterior has scuffs and scratches but no rust. The hyundais interior is very nice too but the exterior has a good amont of scratches for a car that's not too old. Both drive quite nice similar ride quality and noise both have a slight rattle where the radio is . The brakes on the honda arent as good as the hyundais but the hyundais brakes squeak whenever you lightly press the pedal. The hyundai has brand new all seasons on it the honda comes with almost new xice's and a set of all seasons about half worn. The honda's steering is ever so slightly off center. Not crazy about the way the hyundais steering is its quite vaque and loads up weirdly. Honda also feels more powerful.

From what I can tell its definitly been taking care of it has two sets of michilin tires weathertech floor mats. it also sounds healthy and rides nice. The hyundai also rides and sounds good though too

That Hyundai is grossly overpriced. Do you have really bad credit or something? Why are you even considering buying such cheap cars from a dealer?

Honda steering wheel being off-center just means it needs an alignment done.

Post the dealer link. None of us are going to buy these cars from under you.

I know nobodies gonna buy them from under me. Its one of those wholesale used car dealers I cant find the cars on their website. my credit is fine and im buying the cars outright so my credit doesnt matter anyway. The reason im going with this dealer is cause its 5 minutes from my house and they offer life time tire rotations and oil changes on their cars. These were the two that had what I needed and liked on their lot.

>they offer life time tire rotations and oil changes on their cars
Dude, that is beyond silly. That is like a lifetime value of a few hundred dollars. Go to jiffy lube if you can't be arsed to change your own oil/rotate your tires twice a year.

If it is one of those wholesale dealers I'd imagine their cars are shit, they buy garbage at auction exclusively. If you have the cash why not buy private party, or do what I did:

I bought a 2013 Kia Rio5 with a manual transmission CPO for 10,5 with two years of full warranty and 100k mile powertrain warranty outright. Car had 35k miles.

This would be a far smarter choice than either of the vehicles you are looking at. If you must buy one of these two, get the Honda. 8k for a 2011 elantra with accident history is a bad deal. And frankly buying from any dealer except those that are OEM sellers is a bad deal for anyone except those with bad credit.

The hyundai is actually 9000k and yea it seems over priced. The honda on the other hand seems like a pretty good deal and I think I could get them down

Nine million for a Hyudai with accident history? JK.

But for real man, these types of lots buy cars at auction that big dealers would never sell with their name on it. These places cater exclusively to those with poor credit. If you have 9k cash, you can do a lot better buying private party, or throwing down a few more bucks and looking at CPO Hyundai/Kias.

But as I said, if you must, Accord. Put that Hyundai out of your mind. What does KBB say its worth anyways?

>What does KBB say its worth anyways?
The Hyundai I mean, just for shits and giggles.

Cars as old as the Honda KBB is worthless to use.

kbb is saying anywhere from 7655 to 9338 But thats not accounting for the fact that it does have an accident on the carfax

I really think you can do much better than buying large dealer trade-in rejects from a wholesale lot that caters to those with no money or credit. But if your heart is set on the Honda, go for it.

Yea ill keep looking but ill keep the honda in mind

I'd go with the accord. The poor Hyundai has some really shitty owners it sounds like, and probably has been abused fairly regularly

Don't take this wrong way, but since you don't seem to have a lot of experience buying/selling cars I would highly suggest staying away from any dealer that doesn't have a big Ford/Chevy/Mercedes/etc. on their sign. Buying cars from their used car lots is far safer than mystery cars that had gone to auction.

Not only do OEM dealers stand behind their used cars better as they care about their reputation more, but the cars on their used lots are trade-ins that they kept, not rejects like at the wholesale lots or every other corner used car shop or buy here pay here.

Good luck! Car shopping sucks, and while most users here are retarded or trolling 99% of the time, post a link to the car before you buy one and you will get decent feedback.

Also spending $100 for a PPI is highly suggested.

Honda, if it was well maintained choice is obvious. Also in case it does go wrong, which is doubtful you have extra budget to fix it.

Don't get a DX. Get an LX or EX.