How are these as dd's? is there a way to hide the cop car look so you dont trigger all the surrounding drivers...

how are these as dd's? is there a way to hide the cop car look so you dont trigger all the surrounding drivers? what about aftermarket performance parts?

Other urls found in this thread:

adtr.net
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There's plenty of parts available for them, but like you said, expect other drivers to act retarded when they see you behind them.

awesome dd's

but get performance out of your head, these are workhorses and commuters, you arent gonna be doing hektik skids or super speeds in this.

for the cop thing, idk if it bugs you do much just stickers on the car, hang shit from your rear view, put a new grill on it... idk, people not driving like shitheads around you should be a bonus.

>what about aftermarket performance parts?

adtr.net

there ya go, go waste some money...

If you're worried, just get a marquis or a continental.

Theyre great commuters, just stay away from police owned ones.

>how are these as dd's?
Fantastic. Lots of room, comfy to drive, enough power to get you anywhere without hassle and the visibility is great, a low beltline and tall windows with a big, square rear windshield mean you can still turn your head and see everything all around you. Lots of space to carry shit even with a full-size spare in the trunk, too.

>is there a way to hide the cop car look so you dont trigger all the surrounding drivers?
1. Find a civilian Crown Victoria that hasn't been beat to shit- moderately difficult
2. Find an Interceptor that has the Street Appearance Package/wasn't beat to shit- also pretty difficult
3. Buy a Mercury Grand Marquis instead- same car with different badges, headlights and taillights, most body panels are interchangeable or shared from the start, more likely to have been babied by an older person driving it once a week- much less difficult
4. Buy a Lincoln Town Car instead- upscale version with some unique interior parts, body panels, lights, roofline, etc; expect to pay more for "luxury" that amounts to an analog clock in the dashboard and air suspension that inevitably WILL break, requiring repairs or replacement with normal shocks- not that difficult, but why would you?

>what about aftermarket performance parts?
Shares its engine with fourth gen Mustang GTs, as well as its automatic transmission, but pretty much no matter what you do to the engine it's still a 4,200-lb land barge riding on a platform that dates back to the late 1970's. If you just want it to be peppier off the line, look into changing the rear end gears- stock Panthers come with lethargic 2.73s that give better gas mileage in exchange, Interceptors and HPP cars had 3.27s that are reasonably faster but will hurt gas, some maniacs throw in 3.55s or higher and then wonder why they can watch their gas gauge drop. It's a highway cruiser meant to go from Point A to B and not stop for any sidewalks or Priuses in the way, don't try to make it something it isn't.

>not wanting to aggravate other drivers by looking like a cop
why the fuck are you even on Veeky Forums?

>not understanding that people will slam on their brakes whenever you get near them

There's nothing wrong with police Vic's

I had one for over two years as a DD. Great car and never gave me issues. I wouldn't bother "hiding the cop look". Spotlights and push bars are fun. There are lots of mods available, these things have a SN95 mustang GT powertrain essentially. Annoying thing is the intake placement is opposite so it limits intake and super charger options unless you switch intake placement. But you should keep in mind that it will never be fast. Stock it's a 16 second car. People have dropped 6 speeds and a 425hp 5.0 Coyote and they run 14 seconds (modern Mustang with the same engine runs 12.9 for reference) they drift very easy, almost no weight in the back and an iron block sitting in the front means the front tires never ever lose traction. A police car does not automatically mean limited slip differential. You have to look at the axle code which is located on the driver door when you open it. Google the code to find out what it has.

>being a whacker
tell us about your inflated sense of self-worth and how much the gov't gives you in autism bux a month

>lots of room
In the trunk maybe. There isn't that much personal space. My knees are up against the dash in my dad's Grand Marquis and my head hits the ceiling if I sit up all the way.

>don't try to make it something it isn't.
wasnt planning on it. my logic is that its a cheap car with easy to find parts, and reliable enough for the 50 mile round trip daily drive to work, but also has the room for taking friends or random huge shit I need to bring home with me.

I'd get a pickup, but I dont want to haul other peoples shit. I'd get a miata, but I want a real trunk and backseat. I'd get a corolla but I cant afford something new and dont want to worry if a $2k 99' is going to lose parts as Idrive down the highway.

In a few months I'll look into getting like an 89' prelude or something simmilar to do the pretend mechanic playtime thing. But for now im just looking for a good daily driver.

I wonder how large the fleet of CVPIs has gotten which are privately owned but still government maintained through autism bux. Must be getting to be around the same size as the actual fleet numbers by now.

The Crown Vic was designed when men wore hats as part of their dress code.

I like to drive 5 miles over the speed limit, not under.

Nothing except abused transmissions.

Why would you carry shit someplace other than the trunk? People go in the front, penis pumps go in the trunk.

Are you sure you've got the seat adjusted right, though? My dad is 6'3" and fits in my Marquis just fine with room to spare, although I've got the 50/50 bench seat so if you've got buckets that might be the issue. There certainly isn't much room in the back seat, though, as ridiculously cushioned as it is.

>my logic is that its a cheap car with easy to find parts, and reliable enough for the 50 mile round trip daily drive to work, but also has the room for taking friends or random huge shit I need to bring home with me.
It'll do fine, then. Panthers may be slow but the engine is de-tuned to hell and back and will run for damn near forever (so long as you replace the intake manifold if it's a pre-2003 car). Interceptors do two hundred thousand miles worth of idling all day and redlining for 10 minutes, then they get decommissioned and bought by taxi fleets who then run them for another two hundred thousand or so. There's also a well known mod (google J-mod) to the transmission to make it shift better and live longer, something involving opening up some fluid passages that were designed to be more open from the start but were tightened by the time it went into production.

>mfw
Either autism bux from NEETs or welfare/crack money from welfare from dindus.

Anime stickers

Best ones IMO are detective or undercover cars
They aren't conspicuously bright white, aren't abused as much, and don't have nearly as many holes cut in them

Evidently it wasn't designed for people my height. All I know is I delivered pizzas in a Grand Marquis for a few months and it's not as big on the inside as some people would have you believe.

Yeah, I usually have the seat as far back and as low as possible with the steering wheel up all the way.

Huh, weird. Maybe you just have really weird body proportions, ya fuckin' lanklet.

Maybe. I recently bought a 2002 Chevrolet Malibu and I fit in it pretty much the same as my dad's Grand Marquis.

there are two im looking at. this one is at a dealership, $3300, 2011 with 160k miles, its former hwy patrol. its had the bar and light removed which im a bit bummed about, those spot lights are a pain to reinstall (coworker is excop, used to do work on their vics). ups are its all hwy miles and its practically brand new. I have the vin if anyone here can look it up. its still a lot of miles though so im hesitant.

> is there a way to hide the cop car look so you dont trigger all the surrounding drivers?
>now he wants to put the spotlights and bullbar back on

This one is a 2009, no bar and no radio but the lights still in place and I have a spare radio to put in. supposedly it needs some paint according to the ad. 120k miles on it, no clue what department had it, but I have the vin for this one too.

well yeah, spotlights are cool. our company truck has one and its great.

I meant like maybe I could paint it, or swap out the headlights for aftermarket or get a new front bumper, or maybe just write "NOT A COP" in reverse just above the lights so people can read it in their mirrors. there are no taxis here so painting it yellow wont work.

>or swap out the headlights for aftermarket
if you put fucking unaimed, eye-searing, projectorless HIDs in i will fucking hunt you down and shove multiple 9007 headlight bulbs up your anus sideways

:^)

There is plenty wrong.

They're beaten to shit and hardly taken care of. Municipal vehicles are garbage and buying one secondhand without knowing you're gonna need to fix a lot of shit is irresponsible. This goes for anything; explorers, chargers, crown vics, Taurus, ect.

When my black one croaks, I want a B&W one and get some MOEshit PD logo made

I'm fairly certain the engines are different. The mustang is aluminum, or at least aluminum heads, and DOHC. The Panthers were all iron and SOHC

if you want it to be a little quicker make sure to get the interceptor pursuit with the 3.55 rear end rather than the regular interceptor with the 3.27

other than that they have a regular old 4.6 liter modular V8 like the one in the mustang so other than things like headers a lot of parts should work

kill yourself

>is there a way to hide the cop car look

hell yeah bredda throw some D's on that bitch

the best part is they went through the effort to put cereal on the wheels

arr rook same

I bought a used interceptor 7 years ago for my dd. It's been a rock solid unit, after 12 years in the Wisconsin snow the body is starting to rot pretty aggressively, but mechanically it's sound.

Read up on replacing intakes, all 4.6s have this issue. It's not too difficult, its just expensive and takes a while.

kek

You're fairly certainly wrong and/or thinking of the wrong generation car. As said the difference on the 2-valve engines amounts to which side it sucks air in from. Mustangs didn't get the 3-valve engine until the fifth gen, not fourth, and the only ones to get the DOHC version were the Cobra and Mach 1 Mustangs.

My buddy bought a crown vic yesterday at an auction, 145000 km and 3000 hours for 1200 canadabuxx, next to no rust, runs well, tranny shifts well, came with summers and winters, as well as kevlar reinforced cop bins in the trunk. It's a 2011, for $3000 you'd need a crown victory that needs no work at all

If you are going to get a panther body get the mecury grand marquis or lincon town car.